FUE with Emrah Cinik's clinic in August 2019

Discuss hair transplant techniques (FUE and FUT), surgeons, results, etc.
Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Re: FUE with Emrah Cinik's clinic in August 2019

Post by Afro_Vacancy » 3 months ago

JLBB wrote:
3 months ago
I was having this conversation with a friend who is a recent med/surgery grad who thought that surgeons dealing with burn victims, serious wounds etc was much more complicated than hair transplant surgery and that likely anyone could do this. Funny enough, in a population of 24 million Australia doesn't have a SINGLE hair transplant surgeon that even reaches the level of "competent" in terms of modern standards, or even aesthetically pleasing results, which isn't exactly a high bar. No such issue of finding doctors to treat burn victims. He still wasn't convinced, but the reality is that if a surgeon can make likely more than twice the amount of money in hair transplants than the emergency room, yet a country of 24 million can't produce just *one* that is competent then you have to question how difficult hair transplants really are. Seriousness of issue definitely does not equate to difficulty of surgery.

Even among good surgeons, the degrees of refinement, density, naturalness, artistry are so incredibly broad that again you quickly come to the conclusion its a very difficult form of surgery, in terms of cosmetic surgery most certainly the most difficult.

in my opinion from what I've seen even among top surgeons failure/below acceptable results in terms of yield are around 10-20%, maybe due to physiology. The only ones that get around this in my opinion are those using very slow processes, stick and place (look it up), smaller, quicker procedures etc. Obviously all of this drastically ups price.
How often do you see people in the streets with obviously fake hairlines?
PhD in Internalized Incelism.

JLBB
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW1
Regimen: 0.25mg Finasteride

Post by JLBB » 3 months ago

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
3 months ago
How often do you see people in the streets with obviously fake hairlines?
Virtually never, typically older men who have had bad work done in the past. There are certainly degrees of naturalness and the top end cheap Turkish surgeons pass the threshold, but differences are visible for transplant obsessives and ultimately a cream of the crop surgeon like Freitas (2 year waiting list) or Konior ($12 USD a graft) will produce simply better looking hairlines.

I wonder about why I don’t regularly see this but in terms of the numbers of people actually getting hair transplants, it’s still incredibly low. I’m in a major, and very wealthy city 15 minutes drive from the CBD and my hairdresser hasn’t seen anyone recently with a transplant.

Considering you have a good hair type for transplants and Cinik typical strike-rate for the money I think it’s very much worth it. Worst case scenario at maybe a 15% chance the density isn’t good enough and you have to get things refined in a second procedure, luckily your current situation is stable so you won’t have to worry about playing catch-up.

Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

JLBB wrote:
3 months ago
Virtually never, typically older men who have had bad work done in the past. There are certainly degrees of naturalness and the top end cheap Turkish surgeons pass the threshold, but differences are visible for transplant obsessives and ultimately a cream of the crop surgeon like Freitas (2 year waiting list) or Konior ($12 USD a graft) will produce simply better looking hairlines.

I wonder about why I don’t regularly see this but in terms of the numbers of people actually getting hair transplants, it’s still incredibly low. I’m in a major, and very wealthy city 15 minutes drive from the CBD and my hairdresser hasn’t seen anyone recently with a transplant.

Considering you have a good hair type for transplants and Cinik typical strike-rate for the money I think it’s very much worth it. Worst case scenario at maybe a 15% chance the density isn’t good enough and you have to get things refined in a second procedure, luckily your current situation is stable so you won’t have to worry about playing catch-up.
By the way, I'm not sure but readers from the rest of the world might not know that CBD stands for central business district. In American English the term used is "downtown" :-)

koolaidshade
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Regimen: semen retention, real social dynamics, 12 rules for life

Post by koolaidshade » 3 months ago

Since you use topical minoxidil, are you going to change the way you apply this after your transplant? Perhaps having to memorize where you usually put minoxidil on those dependent hairs, and avoiding the newly transplanted ones?

Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

koolaidshade wrote:
3 months ago
Since you use topical minoxidil, are you going to change the way you apply this after your transplant? Perhaps having to memorize where you usually put minoxidil on those dependent hairs, and avoiding the newly transplanted ones?
I don't micromanage my distribution of minoxidil. It spreads, whatever.

I am wondering how long I'll have to wait after surgery to microneedle.

DerPapillus
Hair Loss Newbie
Hair Loss Newbie

Post by DerPapillus » 3 months ago

Hi Afro,

Maybe you will or you will not remember me from forums, or you don't have any particular opinion of me as I have always been more of a quiet member than active poster. I however very much appreciate your posts and presence in the hair loss comunity from way back at HairLossTalk... So just wanted to let you know that I'm very happy you finally decided to invest in a transplant as I'm convinced you will benefit greatly from it. You deserve it as much as anybody that I know. Very happy for you!

By the way, I too had a transplant done with Dr. Demirsoy in Istanbul 13th of February, so I'm now in the ''growth phase''.

Cheers
''I have hope for life man'' - buckthorn, 2018

Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

DerPapillus wrote:
3 months ago
Hi Afro,

Maybe you will or you will not remember me from forums, or you don't have any particular opinion of me as I have always been more of a quiet member than active poster. I however very much appreciate your posts and presence in the hair loss comunity from way back at HairLossTalk... So just wanted to let you know that I'm very happy you finally decided to invest in a transplant as I'm convinced you will benefit greatly from it. You deserve it as much as anybody that I know. Very happy for you!

By the way, I too had a transplant done with Dr. Demirsoy in Istanbul 13th of February, so I'm now in the ''growth phase''.

Cheers
Thanks !!

You should post pics!

What kind of transplant did you get?

EvilLocks
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Norwood: NW5
Regimen: Nada

Post by EvilLocks » 3 months ago

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
4 months ago
I'll be flying to Istanbul in August for a hair transplant with Emrah Cinik's clinic. I was swayed in part by a long thread posted by @Spring15 on Hairlosstalk detailing his own successful experience at that clinic, a lot of other positive anecdotes online, and strong enthusiasm from hair transplant geek JLBB.

https://www.emrahcinik.com

They charge ~2,100 euros for the transplant (unlimited FUE grafts, or as much as they can get in a session so probably 8 hours), plus pain meds plus two or three nights hotel plus transport to and from the airport plus PRP, etc.

I also needed to pay ~$1,400 for a plane ticket. Turkish Airlines has direct flights between a nearby airport and Istanbul, and it's one of the best airlines in the world, so that works out. I still need to get my tourist visa, the additional two nights of hotel booked as I've decided to do a bit of touristing, and to get travel insurance. So the total cost of my trip looks to be approximately ~$4,000.

They said that they could get me up to 3,500 extractions, and that if my donor ran out they could start using my beard, but I said that I'd rather keep some donor and thus limit the procedure to 2,500 grafts. They said that this is fine.

Dr. Cole had given me his own estimate: 600 grafts for the crown, 1200-1500 for the front, for an estimated cost of $14,869.45, which in his case would not include hotel, flight, etc. He would have have almost done a superior and more efficient job, however, the cost would total an additional ~$12,000. That's prohibitive.
Congrats on making this big decision Afro, I hope and think it will work out for the best and that you'll be pleased with the results :)

At Peace with the Piece 8-)

DerPapillus
Hair Loss Newbie
Hair Loss Newbie

Post by DerPapillus » 3 months ago

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
3 months ago
Thanks !!

You should post pics!

What kind of transplant did you get?
I am planning on posting pics once I hit the 6 month mark.
Looking forward to doing that.

I got a FUE procedure with just above 3300 grafts, spread over the entire NW5 area.
Went with a conservative hair line, but still more than age-appropriate.

Cheers
''I have hope for life man'' - buckthorn, 2018

That Guy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW2.5

Post by That Guy » 3 months ago

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
3 months ago
I keep getting doubts, concerns that this is going to be a disaster in any number of ways, beliefs that I would look better bald, I assume that this is normal.
The fear of winding up looking worse after that fact is what keeps me from pulling the trigger on this myself.

JLBB
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW1
Regimen: 0.25mg Finasteride

Post by JLBB » 3 months ago

DerPapillus wrote:
3 months ago
Hi Afro,

Cheers
Definitely would like to see how it went

Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

That Guy wrote:
3 months ago
The fear of winding up looking worse after that fact is what keeps me from pulling the trigger on this myself.
What are your current plans? Are you going to wait to see what potential benefit you might get from the next round of treatments?

That's not a bad option for you, but you're also younger than I am.

Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

Cost of an e-visa to visit Turkey,

US$ 89.00

Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

Post by Afro_Vacancy » 2 months ago

I've told my girlfriend that I'm going to Turkey, but i have not told her why. I'm worried that she's going to be disappointed in me, that it will come off as insecure, etc. She thinks that I'm being very exotic in going to Turkey.

pjhair
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Post by pjhair » 2 months ago

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
2 months ago
I've told my girlfriend that I'm going to Turkey, but i have not told her why. I'm worried that she's going to be disappointed in me, that it will come off as insecure, etc. She thinks that I'm being very exotic in going to Turkey.
I would personally just tell her the truth. I believe it is possible to tell her in a way without looking insecure.

I was recently surprised to see how acceptable hair-restoration has become in some parts of the world. For example, in the following video, ex-Indian cricketer Sourav Ganguly openly talks about his hair-restoration.

Sourav is not alone in this. I believe Australian cricketer Shane Warne also had a transplant and so did British cricketer Ian Botham. Everyone knows about South African cricketer Jacques Kallis's transplant. Gautam Gambhir has also admitted to wearing hair system

Not only cricketers, Indian movie stars also openly admit to getting transplant. Because of these open admissions, transplants are seen as something very normal in India. I have even seen women recommending it to their boyfriends/spouses.