FUE with Emrah Cinik's clinic in August 2019

Discuss hair transplant techniques (FUE and FUT), surgeons, results, etc.
User avatar
Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1362
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 3432
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

FUE with Emrah Cinik's clinic in August 2019

Post by Afro_Vacancy » 1 month ago

I'll be flying to Istanbul in August for a hair transplant with Emrah Cinik's clinic. I was swayed in part by a long thread posted by @Spring15 on Hairlosstalk detailing his own successful experience at that clinic, a lot of other positive anecdotes online, and strong enthusiasm from hair transplant geek @JLBB.

https://www.emrahcinik.com

They charge ~2,100 euros for the transplant (unlimited FUE grafts, or as much as they can get in a session so probably 8 hours), plus pain meds plus two or three nights hotel plus transport to and from the airport plus PRP, etc.

I also needed to pay ~$1,400 for a plane ticket. Turkish Airlines has direct flights between a nearby airport and Istanbul, and it's one of the best airlines in the world, so that works out. I still need to get my tourist visa, the additional two nights of hotel booked as I've decided to do a bit of touristing, and to get travel insurance. So the total cost of my trip looks to be approximately ~$4,000.

They said that they could get me up to 3,500 extractions, and that if my donor ran out they could start using my beard, but I said that I'd rather keep some donor and thus limit the procedure to 2,500 grafts. They said that this is fine.

Dr. Cole had given me his own estimate: 600 grafts for the crown, 1200-1500 for the front, for an estimated cost of $14,869.45, which in his case would not include hotel, flight, etc. He would have have almost done a superior and more efficient job, however, the cost would total an additional ~$12,000. That's prohibitive.

supremegentleman
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Posts: 216
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 324
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: Finasteride 1mg daily
Minoxidil 5% 2ml daily
1.5mm dermarolling daily
Nizoral 2% shampoo x3 a week

Re: FUE with Emrah Cinik's clinic in August 2019

Post by supremegentleman » 1 month ago

Cinik is a well known butcher. I wouldn't go there to be honest. But it depends what you want. I seen many people who were satisfied with him.

User avatar
JLBB
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 574
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 1163
Norwood: NW1
Regimen: 0.25mg Finasteride

Re: FUE with Emrah Cinik's clinic in August 2019

Post by JLBB » 1 month ago

supremegentleman wrote:
1 month ago
Cinik is a well known butcher. I wouldn't go there to be honest. But it depends what you want. I seen many people who were satisfied with him.
In which sense a butcher? In terms of the ultra-low cost clinics, he is likely the best alternative. I would have chosen the second "Exclusive package" though.

For Afro's hairtype he is likely to get very good coverage for even a relatively small number of grafts also.

User avatar
Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1362
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 3432
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Re: FUE with Emrah Cinik's clinic in August 2019

Post by Afro_Vacancy » 1 month ago

supremegentleman wrote:
1 month ago
Cinik is a well known butcher. I wouldn't go there to be honest. But it depends what you want. I seen many people who were satisfied with him.
There seems to be one guy with an awful experience who has posted a long rant all over the internet. He's mostly unhappy with how he was treated, and not the results six months after or whatever.

I'd like a combination of moderately better coverage and a somewhat less mature hair line. I don't expect to have the same hair as I had at 18, but I think that I can get a decent aesthetic improvement for a few thousand dollars, and with CB0301 coming out soon, I'll be ok long term. Note that I have very curly hair, which helps.
JLBB wrote:
1 month ago
In which sense a butcher? In terms of the ultra-low cost clinics, he is likely the best alternative. I would have chosen the second "Exclusive package" though.

For Afro's hairtype he is likely to get very good coverage for even a relatively small number of grafts also.
He might not realize that I have curly, frizzy hair, though ... it's in the username, dude.

I've recently started experimenting with anti-frizz, leave-in conditioners, and curl enhancers. To my surprise, they have an actual effect and my hair ends up looking more "alive". However, more vibrant curls, unlike frizz, benefit from more density.

Why would you take the next level up? For the anesthesia? By the way, did you do any touristing while in Turkey?

User avatar
JLBB
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 574
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 1163
Norwood: NW1
Regimen: 0.25mg Finasteride

Re: FUE with Emrah Cinik's clinic in August 2019

Post by JLBB » 1 month ago

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
1 month ago
There seems to be one guy with an awful experience who has posted a long rant all over the internet. He's mostly unhappy with how he was treated, and not the results six months after or whatever.

I'd like a combination of moderately better coverage and a somewhat less mature hair line. I don't expect to have the same hair as I had at 18, but I think that I can get a decent aesthetic improvement for a few thousand dollars, and with CB0301 coming out soon, I'll be ok long term. Note that I have very curly hair, which helps.



He might not realize that I have curly, frizzy hair, though ... it's in the username, dude.

I've recently started experimenting with anti-frizz, leave-in conditioners, and curl enhancers. To my surprise, they have an actual effect and my hair ends up looking more "alive". However, more vibrant curls, unlike frizz, benefit from more density.

Why would you take the next level up? For the anesthesia? By the way, did you do any touristing while in Turkey?
More input from Cinik, I think you still have to pay for the painless anaesthesia. On the first day I arrived I already had my head shaved and the blue lines for the hair line drawn on, so was happy to sit around at the hotel.

User avatar
That Guy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1008
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 2024
Norwood: NW2.5

Re: FUE with Emrah Cinik's clinic in August 2019

Post by That Guy » 1 month ago

Hope it goes well, man.

Johnson
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Posts: 175
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 188

Re: FUE with Emrah Cinik's clinic in August 2019

Post by Johnson » 1 month ago

I hope you get the result you hope for.

I've seen this Doctor often gets very good results. I suppose much of the success comes down to how good the technicians are as well.

User avatar
Arjen
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 907
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 1454
Norwood: NW5
Regimen: Shaving

Re: FUE with Emrah Cinik's clinic in August 2019

Post by Arjen » 1 month ago

Johnson wrote:
1 month ago
I hope you get the result you hope for.

I've seen this Doctor often gets very good results. I suppose much of the success comes down to how good the technicians are as well.
How did your transplant in January (?) go?

User avatar
Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1362
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 3432
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Re: FUE with Emrah Cinik's clinic in August 2019

Post by Afro_Vacancy » 3 weeks ago

I keep getting doubts, concerns that this is going to be a disaster in any number of ways, beliefs that I would look better bald, I assume that this is normal.

User avatar
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1693
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 3692
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: - 5% Minoxidil once a day and Adenosin shampoo
- Discontinued due to lack of results: Stemoxydine and dermarolling
Location: Belgium
Age: 29
Contact:

Re: FUE with Emrah Cinik's clinic in August 2019

Post by Admin » 3 weeks ago

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
3 weeks ago
I keep getting doubts, concerns that this is going to be a disaster in any number of ways, beliefs that I would look better bald, I assume that this is normal.
Oh it is, for me these doubts would even reappear before my third hair transplant, something like "what if this one really screws things up?", "what if I get an infection?", "what if the number of grafts is too low and it ends up looking unnatural?".

Yeah, every time it was pretty much a leap of faith, in the end, it is still plastic surgery, and easily the hardest to pull off that there is out there on top of it. So it's quite normal and even healthy to have those doubts.

But everything will almost certainly turn out alright for you, especially if you have curly hair, even with a bad surgeon (which Cinik isn't) you'd have way less chance of getting an unnatural-looking result thanks to your hair texture.

User avatar
Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1362
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 3432
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Re: FUE with Emrah Cinik's clinic in August 2019

Post by Afro_Vacancy » 3 weeks ago

Admin wrote:
3 weeks ago
Oh it is, for me these doubts would even reappear before my third hair transplant, something like "what if this one really screws things up?", "what if I get an infection?", "what if the number of grafts is too low and it ends up looking unnatural?".

Yeah, every time it was pretty much a leap of faith, in the end, it is still plastic surgery, and easily the hardest to pull off that there is out there on top of it. So it's quite normal and even healthy to have those doubts.

But everything will almost certainly turn out alright for you, especially if you have curly hair, even with a bad surgeon (which Cinik isn't) you'd have way less chance of getting an unnatural-looking result thanks to your hair texture.
Is the hair transplant really the hardest surgery to pull off?

I would guess that helping burn victims is harder :-)

User avatar
koolaidshade
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Posts: 239
Joined: 10 months ago
Reputation: 333
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: semen retention, real social dynamics, 12 rules for life

Re: FUE with Emrah Cinik's clinic in August 2019

Post by koolaidshade » 3 weeks ago

making moves my dude :clap:

by the way did you stop getting more regrowth from your routine?

User avatar
Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1362
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 3432
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Re: FUE with Emrah Cinik's clinic in August 2019

Post by Afro_Vacancy » 3 weeks ago

koolaidshade wrote:
3 weeks ago
making moves my dude :clap:

by the way did you stop getting more regrowth from your routine?
Yeah it's been stable for a while.

I could have been more consistent on the microneedling.

User avatar
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1693
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 3692
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: - 5% Minoxidil once a day and Adenosin shampoo
- Discontinued due to lack of results: Stemoxydine and dermarolling
Location: Belgium
Age: 29
Contact:

Re: FUE with Emrah Cinik's clinic in August 2019

Post by Admin » 3 weeks ago

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
3 weeks ago
Is the hair transplant really the hardest surgery to pull off?

I would guess that helping burn victims is harder :-)
I meant very hard to pull off to the point that graft placement is kind of an art in itself, which as we've seen robots like the ARTAS machine have not yet been able to replicate.

You also have to take into account the time required to perform a FUE megasession. Maybe I don't know enough about the surgeries burn victims have to undergo though :p.

User avatar
JLBB
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 574
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 1163
Norwood: NW1
Regimen: 0.25mg Finasteride

Re: FUE with Emrah Cinik's clinic in August 2019

Post by JLBB » 3 weeks ago

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
3 weeks ago
Is the hair transplant really the hardest surgery to pull off?

I would guess that helping burn victims is harder :-)
I was having this conversation with a friend who is a recent med/surgery grad who thought that surgeons dealing with burn victims, serious wounds etc was much more complicated than hair transplant surgery and that likely anyone could do this. Funny enough, in a population of 24 million Australia doesn't have a SINGLE hair transplant surgeon that even reaches the level of "competent" in terms of modern standards, or even aesthetically pleasing results, which isn't exactly a high bar. No such issue of finding doctors to treat burn victims. He still wasn't convinced, but the reality is that if a surgeon can make likely more than twice the amount of money in hair transplants than the emergency room, yet a country of 24 million can't produce just *one* that is competent then you have to question how difficult hair transplants really are. Seriousness of issue definitely does not equate to difficulty of surgery.

Even among good surgeons, the degrees of refinement, density, naturalness, artistry are so incredibly broad that again you quickly come to the conclusion its a very difficult form of surgery, in terms of cosmetic surgery most certainly the most difficult.

in my opinion from what I've seen even among top surgeons failure/below acceptable results in terms of yield are around 10-20%, maybe due to physiology. The only ones that get around this in my opinion are those using very slow processes, stick and place (look it up), smaller, quicker procedures etc. Obviously all of this drastically ups price.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest