Discount hair transplants in Turkey

Discuss hair transplant techniques (FUE and FUT), surgeons, results, etc.
Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Discount hair transplants in Turkey

Post by Afro_Vacancy » 2 months ago

Has anybody else considered a discount hair transplant in Turkey? A lot of places seem to offer packages costing 2,000-4,000 euros which includes a few nights at a hotel and transportation to and from the airport. The packages include ~2,200 grafts, anesthesia, and sometimes PRP. They can be found at places like Cosmetic (ultra-cheap) and with Dr. Ekrem Chivas, who has a membership in the international society of hair transplantation surgery. I'm considering it.

https://www.cosmedica.com

https://www.ekremcivas.com/en/

JLBB
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW1
Regimen: 0.25mg Finasteride

Re: Discount hair transplants in Turkey

Post by JLBB » 2 months ago

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
2 months ago
Has anybody else considered a discount hair transplant in Turkey? A lot of places seem to offer packages costing 2,000-4,000 euros which includes a few nights at a hotel and transportation to and from the airport. The packages include ~2,200 grafts, anesthesia, and sometimes PRP. They can be found at places like Cosmetic (ultra-cheap) and with Dr. Ekrem Chivas, who has a membership in the international society of hair transplantation surgery. I'm considering it.

https://www.cosmedica.com

https://www.ekremcivas.com/en/
If I was your age without a huge amount of disposable income, I'd definitely consider Cinik who is among those extreme low prices, perhaps Civas too although he's a little more expensive and not as many results available to look at on online. A few of these budget surgeons are above the level of 95% of US surgeons charging five times the amount.

Murkey Thumb
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Norwood: NW4

Post by Murkey Thumb » 2 months ago

I am certainly thinking of having one possibly later this year. From what i have seen on the web Cinik would be my number 1 but Cosmedica would be a close 2nd. I think they both consistently produce really good results and although Cinik is slightly cheaper, Cosmedica looks like a better facility. I think i will approach both and see which plan they come up with that i like the best. I have diffuse hair so it may be tricky and i wouldn't want my donor wasted on a half ass'd approach.

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: - 5% Minoxidil once a day and Adenosin shampoo
- Discontinued due to lack of results: Stemoxydine and dermarolling

Post by Admin » 2 months ago

I wouldn't have had any other kind of hair transplant, and your best bets are indeed Turkey and Belgium. I still think the price practiced outside those countries are just theft.

The PRP will be a nice addition that I wish I had, as it can allow your hair to start growing immediately after the procedure. Right now I'm almost 3 months after my third hair transplant and the slight anxiety I had on my first two hair transplants is still present: "will it grow?" so yeah, if you can avoid it, don't hesitate.

Good luck with whatever you choose :).

Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Post by Afro_Vacancy » 2 months ago

JLBB wrote:
2 months ago
If I was your age without a huge amount of disposable income, I'd definitely consider Cinik who is among those extreme low prices, perhaps Civas too although he's a little more expensive and not as many results available to look at on online. A few of these budget surgeons are above the level of 95% of US surgeons charging five times the amount.
Are you just recommending Cinik based on the experience of the HairLossTalk poster Spring15, or was there other supporting info as well?

Spring15 had a good looking transplant in my opinion, but his redness seemed to last forever, the scalp still appeared red some six months later. How long did your inflammation last?

Thank you for the suggestion, I am in touch with Cinik's people.

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: - 5% Minoxidil once a day and Adenosin shampoo
- Discontinued due to lack of results: Stemoxydine and dermarolling

Post by Admin » 2 months ago

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
2 months ago
Spring15 had a good looking transplant in my opinion, but his redness seemed to last forever, the scalp still appeared red some six months later. How long did your inflammation last?
How long your redness will persist is largely determined by your skin genetics. This is one of the advantages I had after my three hair transplants: my redness was systematically gone in less than a month, but of course, I'm an outlier here.

On HairlossTalk, there were people like shookwun who still had some redness after like 6 months. I'm afraid it's hard to estimate how much time it's going to take for you to properly heal before you give it a try.

Plus since you have dark skin, will the redness not be much more unlikely and if it's there not easily noticeable?

JLBB
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW1
Regimen: 0.25mg Finasteride

Post by JLBB » 2 months ago

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
2 months ago
Are you just recommending Cinik based on the experience of the HairLossTalk poster Spring15, or was there other supporting info as well?

Thank you for the suggestion, I am in touch with Cinik's people.
There are a huge amount on the international forum (named as such) who went to Cinik so that's the best place to look. The redness in my opinion is largely dependent on physiology. Mine likely visible for a similar period to Spring, its virtually a full year until its completely gone although I am more pale than average. Its not particularly noticeable by six months when growth is in full swing and masks it.

Compared to an absolute top surgeon like Konior or Keser doing a small amount of grafts via a slow process stick and place Cinik's hairlines don't look as refined but the growth is largely consistent and they appear natural. The main difference between cream of the crop and good cheap surgeons like Keser is they aren't sorting out finer single hair grafts from the thicker ones, placement is a little more precise and effective in aiding coverage and the slower process is likely to decrease the number of people who get poor growth due to physiology. Obviously more doctor involvement also compared to tech extractions at Cinik's clinic.

I'm not sure how much research you've done on transplants yet but potentially your hair type might be an issue for yield and might warrant a surgeon more skilled at your specific hair type, although you should do an in person consult with a local competent surgeon and get their opinion on that also.