1000 graft FUE with Dr. De Reys - My photos

Discuss hair transplant techniques (FUE and FUT), surgeons, results, etc.
Johnt1997
Hair Loss Novice
Hair Loss Novice
Norwood: NW1.5
Regimen: Propecia - 0.5mg/day
Minoxidil - 5 & 12.5%
1000 graft temple transplant with Dr De Reys 04/19

Post by Johnt1997 » 2 months ago

rclark wrote:
2 months ago
Your hair looks good. If I were younger, I would definitely get a transplant.

I went the "high minoxidil" route, and trust me, Minoxidil will fail you. I went up as high as 30%.

The strange thing is, my hair grows much faster with Minoxidil.

Do they mix the 12.5% with hydrocortisone? Just curious what they put in there.

Right now I'm taking Dustasteride (0.5%). My crown has filled in, it's about as thick as my back is now.
I actually started minoxidil first, it was a few months later when i started Propecia

I did have good initial results which i maintained, whether that is mostly down to propecia alone I'm not sure. I would prefer to not use minoxidil because of the hassle but i wouldn't want to stop now. Had to switch to generic finasteride this month due to propecia shortages

12.5% has azelaic acid in it, it's a cream. 5% is a alcohol bases liquid. I only apply in crown and mid scalp these days.

Added in 2 minutes 34 seconds:
JohnnyR wrote:
2 months ago
thanks for the 1 year update! it looks really good! can you make some picture with your normal daily hair look to have an idea about the density?
I wish you good luck with your fight against the hairloss! its a bad thing but always remember : at the end of the day its "just" hair. :thumbup:
I'll try man but hair starting to look like complete shit now that i can't get a trim lol

hellboy1999
Hair Loss Newbie
Hair Loss Newbie
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: - Minoxidil 5%, 2ml a day

Post by hellboy1999 » 2 months ago

Thanks for the news mate, your transplant is a success for me and it's a nice improvement from your initial situation
I wish you all the best for the future :thumbup:

rclark
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Dustasteride 0.5 milligrams daily, Finasteride 1mg topical, Progesterone 2% (22mg daily), Minoxidil 15% hair growth only).
Using 1.5 mm needle on all bald/balding areas weekly.

Post by rclark » 2 months ago

Johnt1997 wrote:
2 months ago
I actually started minoxidil first, it was a few months later when i started Propecia

I did have good initial results which i maintained, whether that is mostly down to propecia alone I'm not sure. I would prefer to not use minoxidil because of the hassle but i wouldn't want to stop now. Had to switch to generic finasteride this month due to propecia shortages

12.5% has azelaic acid in it, it's a cream. 5% is a alcohol bases liquid. I only apply in crown and mid scalp these days.

Added in 2 minutes 34 seconds:

I'll try man but hair starting to look like complete shit now that i can't get a trim lol
I still use Minoxidil. It's just the 5% foam solution. The Dustasteride is doing the work.

Just curious, why not put it on your hair line? Unless you only have vertex thinning.

Johnt1997
Hair Loss Novice
Hair Loss Novice
Minoxidil - 5 & 12.5%

Post by Johnt1997 » 2 months ago

rclark wrote:
2 months ago
I still use Minoxidil. It's just the 5% foam solution. The Dustasteride is doing the work.

Just curious, why not put it on your hair line? Unless you only have vertex thinning.
I used to do that but i stopped. I started doing it again for a few months while transplant growing in. I don't bother now because my transplant has grown in

Added in 52 seconds:

Actually, @Admin question for you:

Did your transplants continue to develop post 12 months?

Baldingman23
Hair Loss Newbie
Hair Loss Newbie
Norwood: NW3
Regimen: Nothing

Post by Baldingman23 » 2 months ago

Absolute great result!!

I’ve been researching hair transplant for around 4 years now and still keep coming back to Dr De Reys for my procedure!!

Johnt1997
Hair Loss Novice
Hair Loss Novice
Minoxidil - 5 & 12.5%

Post by Johnt1997 » 1 month ago

Shaved my head today.

My hair was getting unmanageable with no trip to the barbers in site. Haven't had short hair since i was a kid so i was worried in particular about crown and how overall density would look that short.

I am pleasantly surprised with results. Delighted with crown and hair line - i can't even see crown thinning. I can see overall nw7 pattern in certain lighting particularly but overall im very happy
Attachments
Screenshot_20200409-171921_Snapchat_copy_270x555.jpg
Screenshot_20200409-171921_Snapchat_copy_270x555.jpg (86.5 KiB) Viewed 2624 times

blackg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by blackg » 1 month ago

Looks good, Johnt. I admire your decision.
Will my America ever be great again?

Johnson
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast

Post by Johnson » 1 month ago

Your hair loss is very mild and I imagine you could style that to look like a full head of hair so easily.

Admin
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: 3 FUE hair transplants (5124 grafts), 5% minoxidil, Nizoral shampoo, hope.

Post by Admin » 3 weeks ago

Johnt1997 wrote:
2 months ago
Actually, @Admin question for you:

Did your transplants continue to develop post 12 months?
Only very slightly. It was mostly the existent hair becoming less frizzy thanks to a further healing of the scarring, which improves the hair's overall aesthetics. That kind of improvement can occur up to 1.5 to 2 years years after the hair transplant.

Sorry for the late reply, I hope you're doing alright in these strange times :).
:christian-cross: