JasonStatham got himself his first 2900 graft FUE hair transplant

Discuss hair transplant techniques (FUE and FUT), surgeons, results, etc.
User avatar
JasonStatham
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 865
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 2036
Norwood: NW3.5

Re: JasonStatham got himself his first 2900 graft FUE hair transplant

Post by JasonStatham » 1 year ago

Admin wrote:
1 year ago
I know people do but they're flat-out lying....
Yeah like my "brother". He does have perfect hair and laughs about my transplant journey. But I would give him one night, just one night with me and his head buzzed in a nightclub. We approach 5 women. Just 5. Let's see how he feels after.

User avatar
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1806
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 4527
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: 3 FUE hair transplants (5124 grafts), 5% minoxidil, Nizoral shampoo, hope.
Location: Belgium
Age: 30
Contact:

Re: JasonStatham got himself his first 2900 graft FUE hair transplant

Post by Admin » 1 year ago

JasonStatham wrote:
1 year ago
But being bald/balding isn't a health issue. Sorry but even myself wouldn't allow someone being "sick" just for cosmetic surgery. Of course, if you are working in some sort of consulting or don't know in the fashion industry or any other area which a good appearance is key, but for most Jobs being bald or not doesn't matter. You can fix someone's Computer with a Norwood 6 as well (you look even more trustworthy as a balding IT guy).
"Losing" your holidays for a hair transplant is a point to argue. But I would say if you can shave it off and be confident about it (which means you don't need hang around forums all day and tell people bald is nice *cough Joe Rogan *cough*I would so go for a nice holiday. Way better. But how many times are you looking in the mirror on your holidays and think: "fuck...just fuck" More than 1 time?
Why is it "just" cosmetic surgery? Personally, that "mere" cosmetic problem got me into a deep depression and three 2 month stays at the mental health clinic because I went from a NW1 to a NW5 from age 16 to age 22. People usually make it sound like cosmetic problems are not that important, and it's true to an extent if you're talking about wrinkles, a few acne spots here and there or being overweight. But having the hair of a 60 year old at the age of 20? That broke me, it's such a drastic change, you don't look older at that age, you look... odd, baby face with barely any wrinkles and already a bald head? People at university asked me if I had cancer.

I didn't have to get into the details of my story to get my employer to agree, thank God. It's a matter of perspective, your personality and how strong (or good at bullshitting yourself) you are to take a hit like the one I took. I always raise an eyebrow when I see those guys in their early 30's who are married, with kids, a stable job, in short a life on track come to HairlossTalk and act like it's the end of the world that they're receding. "I'm too young to go bald!" Please.

My colleagues noticed that I would be sick for a while, and I joked about it: "yes, quote unquote sick" and I explained to them. They got it, especially the girls and the other balding guy. Only one of my fullhead colleagues doesn't seem to get it. "Why don't you accept yourself as a bald man?" We all know the answer to that question.

I wouldn't like to lose holidays either, I understand what you mean, and I have a third hair transplant planned for the end of February 2019, 700-800 grafts at the crown this time but I don't think that it's going to fly a second time with my employer. I'm still going to try though, saying something like "OK I would totally understand if you turned down my request this time". Ah well, I might just go to work with my scabs or ask to work from home, that'd be possible for me too.
"Along the way some boys started making fun of him by shouting, “Go away, baldy! Get out of here!” Elisha turned around and stared at the boys. Then he cursed them in the name of the Lord. At once two bears ran out of the woods and ripped to pieces 42 of the boys." - 2 Kings 23-24

User avatar
Arjen
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 862
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 1563
Norwood: NW5
Regimen: Shaving

Re: JasonStatham got himself his first 2900 graft FUE hair transplant

Post by Arjen » 1 year ago

JasonStatham wrote:
1 year ago
But being bald/balding isn't a health issue. Sorry but even myself wouldn't allow someone being "sick" just for cosmetic surgery. Of course, if you are working in some sort of consulting or don't know in the fashion industry or any other area which a good appearance is key, but for most Jobs being bald or not doesn't matter. You can fix someone's Computer with a Norwood 6 as well (you look even more trustworthy as a balding IT guy).
"Losing" your holidays for a hair transplant is a point to argue. But I would say if you can shave it off and be confident about it (which means you don't need hang around forums all day and tell people bald is nice *cough Joe Rogan *cough*I would so go for a nice holiday. Way better. But how many times are you looking in the mirror on your holidays and think: "fuck...just fuck" More than 1 time?
I‘m torn. I‘m torn as f. I‘m no pretty boy, even with hair, but I might still go ahead and do it. I‘ll need 5k grafts to be just NW2.5-3, but hey, no kids, no alimonies, why not.

All the more curious about your and WhitePolarBear‘s results.

User avatar
JasonStatham
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 865
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 2036
Norwood: NW3.5

Re: JasonStatham got himself his first 2900 graft FUE hair transplant

Post by JasonStatham » 1 year ago

Mister Bear, we are on the same side. You don't have to convince someone with the name "JasonStatham" and Prince Harry as a profilpic that hair loss is nearly as bad as cancer. But unlike women (blackg post incoming to defend women) I can put aside my personal story and feelings and see it from a neutral point. Do you really think a non balding people understand what we do here? Spending time on a hairloss forum? Talking about how some random celebrity is taking finasteride or not? lol. Tell that to any women and she calls you a loser (and man too of course). People will never understand hair loss. But I do.

Edited:
But maybe I just learned that early in life. I had a big back operation when I was young. It literally kicked me years back. I have depression all my life and that kicked me also years back. And after I went through this, hair loss kicked in. I'm just used to that people cant fully understand a problem unless they have it aswell. Black Pill it is.

User avatar
JasonStatham
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 865
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 2036
Norwood: NW3.5

Re: JasonStatham got himself his first 2900 graft FUE hair transplant

Post by JasonStatham » 1 year ago

I always raise an eyebrow when I see those guys in their early 30's who are married, with kids, a stable job, in short a life on track come to HairlossTalk and act like it's the end of the world that they're receding. "I'm too young to go bald!" Please.
I see that a lot as well. Especially in the "red pill" groups on reddit. You see a top high voted commend that goes like this: "Bruh, Im 40 years old and have a family and a loving wife and IT DOENST MATTER SHAVE IT OFF just be confident and have good clothes. The real problem is YOU ARE INSECURE ABOUT YOURSELF! MAN UP". Keep in mind that young men are googling "hair loss" and visiting this sites.

MadScientist
Hair Loss Newbie
Hair Loss Newbie
Posts: 40
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 82
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: Finasteride eod, Dutasteride eod, Minoxidil 5%, Dermarolling 1.5mm every 2 weeks. Vitamin K2, EGCG. Cod liver oil.

Re: JasonStatham got himself his first 2900 graft FUE hair transplant

Post by MadScientist » 1 year ago

JasonStatham wrote:
1 year ago
Yeah, I will have enough grafts for working behind my transplant in the future I guess. But I hope this isn't in the next 5 years.
But if you look around at hairlosstalk, everything that isn't Norwood 1, means you are fucked xD
If you have minimal hair loss/ no male pattern baldness and surplus donor, then sure, why not go for NW1. Most people with hair loss have extremely limited donor, not enough to restore an NW5 to an NW 2 with good density, so restoring to an NW1 would be extremely reckless/stupid. The higher you place your hair line, the less area you have to cover, and thus the higher density you can achieve. In the trade off between hair line position, density and coverage, you made the right decision.

User avatar
Arjen
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 862
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 1563
Norwood: NW5
Regimen: Shaving

Re: JasonStatham got himself his first 2900 graft FUE hair transplant

Post by Arjen » 1 year ago

Was out last night and got the "oh, but you have some hair"-line by a girl I know, as I haven't shaved my head for 3 (now 4) days. She was also honest enough to encourage me to go for a hair transplant. Although she didn't use the same word, it reminded me of admin's "Some hair is better than no hair". I'm more curious than ever how your hair transplant works out and what admin's status update is going to look like. I'd definitely not try to pull a Wayne Rooney but rather to get in a NW III region with at least decent density.

User avatar
JasonStatham
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 865
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 2036
Norwood: NW3.5

Re: JasonStatham got himself his first 2900 graft FUE hair transplant

Post by JasonStatham » 1 year ago

MadScientist wrote:
1 year ago
If you have minimal hair loss/ no male pattern baldness and surplus donor, then sure, why not go for NW1. Most people with hair loss have extremely limited donor, not enough to restore an NW5 to an NW 2 with good density, so restoring to an NW1 would be extremely reckless/stupid. The higher you place your hair line, the less area you have to cover, and thus the higher density you can achieve. In the trade off between hair line position, density and coverage, you made the right decision.
You did not understand me mate. I'm not against going for NW1 if you can. Its always the best-looking option and I'm happy if a fellow sufferer can get into Norwood 1! But I was referring to the guys that are Norwood 2 and think because of this, they are virgins or on the edge of suizid because they found 2 hairs in the shower. That's very common on hairlosstalk.

User avatar
JasonStatham
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 865
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 2036
Norwood: NW3.5

Re: JasonStatham got himself his first 2900 graft FUE hair transplant

Post by JasonStatham » 1 year ago

Arjen wrote:
1 year ago
Was out last night and got the "oh, but you have some hair"-line by a girl I know, as I haven't shaved my head for 3 (now 4) days. She was also honest enough to encourage me to go for a hair transplant. Although she didn't use the same word, it reminded me of admin's "Some hair is better than no hair". I'm more curious than ever how your hair transplant works out and what admin's status update is going to look like. I'd definitely not try to pull a Wayne Rooney but rather to get in a NW III region with at least decent density.
The line: "oh but you have some hair" is like having a small dick and the girl is saying: "But...well its a dick...right?"

User avatar
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1806
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 4527
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: 3 FUE hair transplants (5124 grafts), 5% minoxidil, Nizoral shampoo, hope.
Location: Belgium
Age: 30
Contact:

Re: JasonStatham got himself his first 2900 graft FUE hair transplant

Post by Admin » 1 year ago

JasonStatham wrote:
1 year ago
You did not understand me mate. I'm not against going for NW1 if you can. Its always the best-looking option and I'm happy if a fellow sufferer can get into Norwood 1! But I was referring to the guys that are Norwood 2 and think because of this, they are virgins or on the edge of suizid because they found 2 hairs in the shower. That's very common on hairlosstalk.
For some reason, HairlossTalk attracted a lot of the sluthate/lookism crowd back in 2014. And it remained that way since, they still have a lot of those ideologically-possessed people, and you can detect them very easily. Usually, they'll have BDD, and if they don't, then as you say their NW2 means it's the end of the world and that they won't be able to attract young prime females as they say, even though they were never able to attract even the chubby 5/10.

Those people were often cancer and decreased the quality of the discussion on the forum. And they were the reason I stopped posting my face online. They took one of my picture and put me on a top 10 of the "biggest losers of the internet" on their website along with actual pedophiles. Thank God their admin removed it immediately. Those people are rotten from the inside, they just want to whine, spew their hate and make as much damage as they can.

@Afro_Vacancy once said they were the biggest threat to our private lives around these forums, and he's right. But who knows why HairLossTalk attracted so many of them. Maybe because they're so quick to tell NW1.5's to jump of finasteride and we had that "hair loss is death" vibe present in the impact section a long time ago. We tried to stay balanced on our views of hair loss over there, that it sucked big time and make you lose several points on the looks scale. But you'd always have those people who'd tell you that they'll never get a girlfriend again because they're NW2.

When I became active on HairLossTalk, I was already bald, so I was like "yeah it sucks but that doesn't mean you can't date", and that one really pissed out the sluthate crowd. It's the reason they launched a vendetta against me. The caption in their top 10 list basically said: "This guy says he's dating slim girls while he's bald at 23, that's impossible! Fucking troll!" It was baffling.
"Along the way some boys started making fun of him by shouting, “Go away, baldy! Get out of here!” Elisha turned around and stared at the boys. Then he cursed them in the name of the Lord. At once two bears ran out of the woods and ripped to pieces 42 of the boys." - 2 Kings 23-24

MadScientist
Hair Loss Newbie
Hair Loss Newbie
Posts: 40
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 82
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: Finasteride eod, Dutasteride eod, Minoxidil 5%, Dermarolling 1.5mm every 2 weeks. Vitamin K2, EGCG. Cod liver oil.

Re: JasonStatham got himself his first 2900 graft FUE hair transplant

Post by MadScientist » 1 year ago

The mix of sluthate and people with minor hair loss, or no male pattern baldness crying or asking for advice does get irritating. We all have our differences in ideology. I'm definitely to the left of most people here, but we're all genuine hair loss sufferers with real experience in medications and surgeries in this small community.

User avatar
Xexos
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 585
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 614
Norwood: NW1.5
Regimen: Finasteride 1.25 MG ED .. Tea Tree Shampoo 3x a week
Age: 19

Re: JasonStatham got himself his first 2900 graft FUE hair transplant

Post by Xexos » 1 year ago

I thought the real Jason Statham was the one who got the transplant before i clicked on the thread :mrgreen:

Anyways, congratulations mate.

User avatar
JasonStatham
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 865
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 2036
Norwood: NW3.5

Re: JasonStatham got himself his first 2900 graft FUE hair transplant

Post by JasonStatham » 1 year ago

Update: I'm now into week 7 and I guess full into the "ugly duckling" phase because I look horrible. The doctor shaved my head 7 weeks ago and I did do nothing since then. I'm now walking around with a cap 24/7 outside because of the burning sun and also of course the horrible look I have now.
I still have some redness which does look quite "bad" under high lights like in the bathroom. I hope its normal.
Some pictures:

And now the most depressive pic for me here:

That's how the reality of my hairloss is and you see, what I would go to into in a few years if I won't use Finasteride. No Toppik of course here. That's why it's so bad looking Jesus. Norwood 6 incoming bruh. You can also see the thinning on my crown. I will decide after 12 months post OP, what I'm going to do with the Crown area. I guess I will start using Microneedling and Minoxidil but I want to wait now and see if finasteride might give a boost in 10 months.

User avatar
JLBB
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 750
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 1541
Norwood: NW1
Regimen: 0.25mg Finasteride

Re: JasonStatham got himself his first 2900 graft FUE hair transplant

Post by JLBB » 1 year ago

Any reason you didn't opt for an Erdogan style 5000 graft procedure? Honestly had room and reason to be a lot more aggressive. Should look good when it grows in but its too conservative to really fix the problem as it could have been.

User avatar
JasonStatham
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 865
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 2036
Norwood: NW3.5

Re: JasonStatham got himself his first 2900 graft FUE hair transplant

Post by JasonStatham » 1 year ago

JeanLucBB wrote:
1 year ago
Any reason you didn't opt for an Erdogan style 5000 graft procedure? Honestly had room and reason to be a lot more aggressive. Should look good when it grows in but its too conservative to really fix the problem as it could have been.
My doctor is known for doing conservative hair transplants and since I'm "young", we don't know how I look in 5-10 years so I guess he wanted to save for the future. I just told him to fix the front as good as possible.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests