JasonStatham got himself his first 2900 graft FUE hair transplant

Discuss hair transplant techniques (FUE and FUT), surgeons, results, etc.
MadScientist
Hair Loss Newbie
Hair Loss Newbie
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: Finasteride eod, Dutasteride eod, Minoxidil 5%, Dermarolling 1.5mm every 2 weeks. Vitamin K2, EGCG. Cod liver oil.

Re: JasonStatham got himself his first 2900 graft FUE hair transplant

Post by MadScientist » 1 year ago

Good call with the conservative hair line. It doesn't register as bald to most people and leaves a lot of grafts for more important spots., you don't need NW1, a high NW2 or even NW2.5 for some is enough.

Murkey Thumb
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Norwood: NW4

Post by Murkey Thumb » 1 year ago

I used Aleo Vera gel on my scalp when it got too itchy. didn't harm the grafts!

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: 3 FUE hair transplants (5124 grafts), 5% minoxidil, Nizoral shampoo, hope.

Post by Admin » 1 year ago

Murkey Thumb wrote:
1 year ago
I used Aleo Vera gel on my scalp when it got too itchy. didn't harm the grafts!
That's what De Reys gave a few years ago, he then replaced with a liposomal ATP spray to give the grafts a higher chance of survival.
"Along the way some boys started making fun of him by shouting, “Go away, baldy! Get out of here!” Elisha turned around and stared at the boys. Then he cursed them in the name of the Lord. At once two bears ran out of the woods and ripped to pieces 42 of the boys." - 2 Kings 23-24

Murkey Thumb
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Norwood: NW4

Post by Murkey Thumb » 1 year ago

Never heard of that! I had mine about 8 years ago so things have probably improved and moved on since then. Didn't hurt the graft count though!

JasonStatham
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW3.5

Post by JasonStatham » 1 year ago

I heard about Aloe Vera. Called the Doc this morning and he said, just cool it with a cool pack a little but it's not really helping. It's so fucking itchy and I dont want to put Aloe Vera or other stuff on it because might damage something.

JasonStatham
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

MadScientist wrote:
1 year ago
Good call with the conservative hair line. It doesn't register as bald to most people and leaves a lot of grafts for more important spots., you don't need NW1, a high NW2 or even NW2.5 for some is enough.
Yeah, I will have enough grafts for working behind my transplant in the future I guess. But I hope this isn't in the next 5 years.
But if you look around at hairlosstalk, everything that isn't Norwood 1, means you are fucked xD

Arjen
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW5
Regimen: Shaving

Post by Arjen » 1 year ago

Do you have to use holiday days toward this by the way or does it count as sick leave although it‘s „self-inflicted“ and not medically indicated that you had surgery performed on you?

JasonStatham
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Arjen wrote:
1 year ago
Do you have to use holiday days toward this by the way or does it count as sick leave although it‘s „self-inflicted“ and not medically indicated that you had surgery performed on you?
No of course its holiday (2 weeks to be sure). I don't think anyone would give you "sick days" for hair transplant. I wouldn't too.

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Regimen: 3 FUE hair transplants (5124 grafts), 5% minoxidil, Nizoral shampoo, hope.

JasonStatham wrote:
1 year ago
No of course its holiday (2 weeks to be sure). I don't think anyone would give you "sick days" for hair transplant. I wouldn't too.
I got ten sick days for my hair transplant :p. Told the whole office too. Yes I'm still working there and no, I'm not welcome every day with laughter and fingers pointed at me.

I believe it's the best course of action in such situation
"Along the way some boys started making fun of him by shouting, “Go away, baldy! Get out of here!” Elisha turned around and stared at the boys. Then he cursed them in the name of the Lord. At once two bears ran out of the woods and ripped to pieces 42 of the boys." - 2 Kings 23-24

Arjen
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Admin wrote:
1 year ago
I got ten sick days for my hair transplant :p. Told the whole office too. Yes I'm still working there and no, I'm not welcome every day with laughter and fingers pointed at me.

I‘m in the same situation as Jason, which - to be honest - is not a small factor in me not going ahead with one myself yet. The costs of holidays sacrificed is more of a deal breaker to me than the money for the hair transplant itself, to be honest.

Arjen
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Admin wrote:
1 year ago

you know, a guy at my former office who was just fat and had a stomach band op had it paid for by his insurance and got sick leave... :cry:
He‘d still eat as much as he could after, also smelly stuff. I told him to gtfo the open space, he didn‘t take it well. Such a fucking cry baby. He‘s a true 2 by the way, one of the few I know, and I sometimes got the feeling he was acting so antisocially so he could tell himself rejection by society wasn‘t (just) due to his looks. A NW6, of course.

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Arjen wrote:
1 year ago
you know, a guy who was just fat and had a stomach band op had it paid for by his insurance and got sick leave... :cry:
You can defend your case. Mine was quickly won, because no sane person is going to argue that hair doesn't matter. I know people do but they're flat-out lying, bring a razor and tell them "so it doesn't matter if I shave all your hair off?" Nobody seriously believes that.

Easy to argue while drunk and throwing platitudes in a bar. Here it was a serious conversation with my employer, both my employers since I'm a consultant. They understood, being all fullheads, well the general manager told me "It's because you want a girlfriend that you're doing that? Ah no you're in a relationship!"

:|

Would have been more difficult to obtain with a Joe Rogan type: "what do you mean hair transplant? Being bald is awesome, just go to the gym!"

If the fatasses can get bypasses for free with sick leave, I get to have the same treatment for my hair transplant.

Arjen
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Admin wrote:
1 year ago
You can defend your case. Mine was quickly won, because no sane person is going to argue that hair doesn't matter.

Easy to argue while drunk and throwing platitudes in a bar. Here it was a serious conversation with my employer, both my employers since I'm a consultant. They understood, being all fullheads, well the general manager told me "It's because you want a girlfriend that you're doing that? Ah no you're in a relationship!"

:|

Would have been more difficult to obtain with a Joe Rogan type: "what do you mean hair transplant? Being bald is awesome, just go to the gym!"

If the fatasses can get bypasses for free with sick leave, I get to have the same treatment for my hair transplant.
That case could be made, especially with my former, bigger, more reputation-driven employer. I should still try though...

Arjen
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Arjen wrote:
1 year ago
That case could be made, especially with my former, bigger, more reputation-driven employer. I should still try though...
Encouraging for sure, I shall try...if I deem a realistic result worth pursing!:)

JasonStatham
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

But being bald/balding isn't a health issue. Sorry but even myself wouldn't allow someone being "sick" just for cosmetic surgery. Of course, if you are working in some sort of consulting or don't know in the fashion industry or any other area which a good appearance is key, but for most Jobs being bald or not doesn't matter. You can fix someone's Computer with a Norwood 6 as well (you look even more trustworthy as a balding IT guy).
"Losing" your holidays for a hair transplant is a point to argue. But I would say if you can shave it off and be confident about it (which means you don't need hang around forums all day and tell people bald is nice *cough Joe Rogan *cough*I would so go for a nice holiday. Way better. But how many times are you looking in the mirror on your holidays and think: "fuck...just fuck" More than 1 time?