Man goes to Thailand for a hair transplant and gets butchered

Discuss hair transplant techniques (FUE and FUT), surgeons, results, etc.
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: - 5% Minoxidil once a day and Head & Shoulders caffeine shampoo
- Discontinued due to lack of results: Stemoxydine and dermarolling

Man goes to Thailand for a hair transplant and gets butchered

Post by Admin » 8 months ago

I stumbled on this case a while ago and I thought it was a great example to encourage hair loss sufferers to do extensive research before getting a hair transplant:

https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/threads/2 ... NW6-35-y-o

This picture below really says it all, look at the pattern they used, the grafts are like almost aligned. The patient is guaranteed to grow doll hair, if he ever even got substantial regrowth from that FUE. Because you'll also notice that the thread is from 2017 and he never came back to show his result. And it's easy to guess why.

Quite the horror story. He hopes to get an improvement. I usually say some hair is better than no hair but in this case, probably not. So it's a cautionary tale for people who want to find a hair transplant surgeon out there. Obviously, do not go to Thailand for that.

That Guy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

Re: Man goes to Thailand for a hair transplant and gets butchered

Post by That Guy » 8 months ago

"Bruh don't worry: Just go to 3rd-world countries like Turkey for risky medical procedures, it's way cheaper!"

Zero sympathy.

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Regimen: - 5% Minoxidil once a day and Head & Shoulders caffeine shampoo
- Discontinued due to lack of results: Stemoxydine and dermarolling

Post by Admin » 8 months ago

That Guy wrote:
8 months ago
"Bruh don't worry: Just go to 3rd-world countries like Turkey for risky medical procedures, it's way cheaper!"

Zero sympathy.
Yeah every time the subject of (my) hair transplants is discussed, you can be sure that people will bring up Turkey, even in Belgium. I went to a new hair dresser yesterday and she had to say it: "Usually people go to Turkey for that, I heard it's cheaper", yeah not really, if you go to De Reys, you can get 2000 grafts for 5000€.

Plus you don't take risks like those for one of the hardest surgery to pull off there is. I guess it's something a lot of newbies will here "just go to Turkey bruh!" and you can be sure that they'll do that by clicking on the first ad they see after typing "hair transplant turkey" on Google.

Even great surgeons like Doganay and Erdogan have apparently taken a dip in quality because they wanted to multiply the number of surgeries per day and hence the amount of incompetent technicians.

I recently met a guy at the gym who went to Turkey, thankfully for him he lucked out and it looks great. But the way he's talking about it is unsettling, something like: "Yeah but everything is free, the hotel, the pool, the flight, all inclusive! And I got the PRP for free too!" They had also reconstructed his beard with hair grafts at the same time.

It's really, really hit or miss, go down that road at your peril.

Arjen
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW5
Regimen: Shaving

Post by Arjen » 8 months ago

Speaking of hair transplants in Southeast Asia: @Johnson 's is due in January! :arrow:

JasonStatham
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW3.5

Post by JasonStatham » 8 months ago

@Johnson will have amazing results with a good surgeon. He can go into the Norwood 1.5 area easily.

rclark
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Finasteride 1 mg daily, Progesterone 2% (22mg daily), Minoxidil 15% hair growth only).
Using 1.5 mm needle on all bald/balding areas weekly.

Post by rclark » 8 months ago

I'm on the fence about getting a hair transplant, because I'm afraid that not all of my hair
would grow back after the surgery.

Are there transplant surgeons that take facial hair, and do transplants with that, or facial hair?

I know scientists can take facial hair and move it to the scalp.

Facial hair continually grows. Are there any surgeons who are still doing this?

I enjoy having a beard, but now that I have to dye it, like I do my hair, it becomes a lot of
maintenance.

Did anybody here not have 100% regrowth of their transplanted hair after surgery?

layabout
Hair Loss Novice
Hair Loss Novice
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: dermarolling/minoxidil/microdose finasteride

Post by layabout » 8 months ago

Turkey has good transplant docs though. Majority of the best transplants I've ever(in terms of density accomplished) seen come from Turkey.

Marki
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie

Post by Marki » 8 months ago

rclark wrote:
8 months ago
I'm on the fence about getting a hair transplant, because I'm afraid that not all of my hair
would grow back after the surgery.

Are there transplant surgeons that take facial hair, and do transplants with that, or facial hair?

I know scientists can take facial hair and move it to the scalp.

Facial hair continually grows. Are there any surgeons who are still doing this?

I enjoy having a beard, but now that I have to dye it, like I do my hair, it becomes a lot of
maintenance.

Did anybody here not have 100% regrowth of their transplanted hair after surgery?
Gotta ask yourself though what would body hair look like on a scalp - it's different hair types.
Only one I saw doing it is a guy fixing up a bad hair transplant and body hair was one of the few options.
Think it looks ok at best if you keep it really short after - or maybe really short is all it will grow out.
People might not say anything but you might get a lot of inquiring eyes looking above the forehead.