Does Having Retrograde Alopecia in The Nape Really Matter?

Discuss hair transplant techniques (FUE and FUT), surgeons, results, etc.
Hanginginthewire
Hair Loss Novice
Hair Loss Novice
Norwood: NW5
Regimen: Propecia

Does Having Retrograde Alopecia in The Nape Really Matter?

Post by Hanginginthewire » 1 year ago

My nape is climbing depressingly high. But not unusually so, I don’t think. I see that FUE extractions usually stop about even with the midway point of the ear. I see a lot of people online saying, “I can’t have a transplant due to retrograde,” but is this really the case?

It’s a sad state of affairs that I see guys with killer hairlines and density and envy them but I also see even balding guys who at least have a nice clean, non-miniaturized neckline that hasn’t climbed up to their earlobe and have to envy them too.

@Admin
@JeanLucBB

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: 3 FUE hair transplants (5124 grafts), 5% minoxidil, Nizoral shampoo, hope.

Re: Does Having Retrograde Alopecia in The Nape Really Matter?

Post by Admin » 1 year ago

Having a hair transplant while suffering from retrograde is still possible, althrough trickier and if you're hair loss is too advanced, you could have more surgeons tell you "I'm not touching this!".

I've seen people who have retrograde alopecia and yet have a perfect NW1, the two are not necessarily linked.
“Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong." - 2 Corinthians 12:9-10 :christian-cross: