Inconsistencies in surgeons turning down patients - 5976 graft FUE on NW6

Discuss hair transplant techniques (FUE and FUT), surgeons, results, etc.
Char
Hair Loss Newbie
Hair Loss Newbie
Norwood: NW5
Regimen: Shave, wiggy or hatty.

Re: Inconsistencies in surgeons turning down patients - 5976 graft FUE on NW6

Post by Char » 4 months ago

His hair looks like a nut. If you take a close look, his hairstyle looks like Tintin.
I'm afraid of hair transplant because I'm losing my hair unpredictably and every 6 months I either have a slow down or a shedding phase that destroys what little is left of my hair line. It would suck if I had a transplant and in 6 months later I had an island of hair on my head. It's really sad that we don't have a sideless maintenance treatment in 2019. I tried finasteride and it gave me sides, permanently making my dick less sensitive.

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: - 5% Minoxidil once a day and Adenosin shampoo
- Discontinued due to lack of results: Stemoxydine and dermarolling

Post by Admin » 4 months ago

Char wrote:
4 months ago
His hair looks like a nut. If you take a close look, his hairstyle looks like Tintin.
I'm afraid of hair transplant because I'm losing my hair unpredictably and every 6 months I either have a slow down or a shedding phase that destroys what little is left of my hair line. It would suck if I had a transplant and in 6 months later I had an island of hair on my head. It's really sad that we don't have a sideless maintenance treatment in 2019. I tried finasteride and it gave me sides, permanently making my dick less sensitive.
I think hair loss sufferers need to get used to the idea that no matter where they are on the Norwood scale, they are waging a life-long battle. There is no "just do this and be done with it" when you suffer from genetic from hair loss.

I knew this when I started using minoxidil for example. On the French hair loss forum Doctissimo, someone wrote: "minoxidil is like the mafia, once you start using it, you're in for life." And yeah, look at me nearly 10 years later still smearing my scalp (and now my beard) in minoxidil.

It's the same when it comes to finasteride, but even for that, you never now when side-effects might creep in, or when you want to start conceiving a child (I would disregard people who say 'I know someone who had a child on finasteride and everything was fine!'). You could stop for many reasons.

And even then, none of the proven treatments will stop your hair loss, just slow it down significantly at best. Then what? FUE hair transplants, while also keeping in mind that no, you're not set for life, most likely not, unless you give up on hair and aesthetics altogether someday.

I wouldn't worry about having to get another hair transplant, I know it can be expensive and it's a hassle, but you know what? What's important is that it's still possible. I'm having my third and last hair transplant in three weeks and after that, I'm done, I can't get extra actual hair back on the top of my head, it's over, it's not in the realm of the possible for my hair to get better. Only fringe procedures like using SMP and beard grafts can be considered after that.

All this to say, I'd have been infinitely grateful if I had been dealt slightly better cards. In the same manner that I'm grateful not to be a NW7 with a thin donor like some men I've seen at my workplace. What I've always been afraid of, especially hair-wise, was to be stuck without any viable solution, no matter how much money I had, something that would have been inevitable had I been born 10 years earlier. Quite scary to think about it, even these forums are a godsend, since they prevent you from thinking that you are alone, losing your mind or overreacting.

Murkey Thumb
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Norwood: NW4

Post by Murkey Thumb » 2 months ago

Admin wrote:
4 months ago
I think hair loss sufferers need to get used to the idea that no matter where they are on the Norwood scale, they are waging a life-long battle. There is no "just do this and be done with it" when you suffer from genetic from hair loss.

I knew this when I started using minoxidil for example. On the French hair loss forum Doctissimo, someone wrote: "minoxidil is like the mafia, once you start using it, you're in for life." And yeah, look at me nearly 10 years later still smearing my scalp (and now my beard) in minoxidil.

It's the same when it comes to finasteride, but even for that, you never now when side-effects might creep in, or when you want to start conceiving a child (I would disregard people who say 'I know someone who had a child on finasteride and everything was fine!'). You could stop for many reasons.

And even then, none of the proven treatments will stop your hair loss, just slow it down significantly at best. Then what? FUE hair transplants, while also keeping in mind that no, you're not set for life, most likely not, unless you give up on hair and aesthetics altogether someday.

I wouldn't worry about having to get another hair transplant, I know it can be expensive and it's a hassle, but you know what? What's important is that it's still possible. I'm having my third and last hair transplant in three weeks and after that, I'm done, I can't get extra actual hair back on the top of my head, it's over, it's not in the realm of the possible for my hair to get better. Only fringe procedures like using SMP and beard grafts can be considered after that.

All this to say, I'd have been infinitely grateful if I had been dealt slightly better cards. In the same manner that I'm grateful not to be a NW7 with a thin donor like some men I've seen at my workplace. What I've always been afraid of, especially hair-wise, was to be stuck without any viable solution, no matter how much money I had, something that would have been inevitable had I been born 10 years earlier. Quite scary to think about it, even these forums are a godsend, since they prevent you from thinking that you are alone, losing your mind or overreacting.
How did the transplant go? Did you get the 1000 grafts you thought were available?

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » 2 months ago

Murkey Thumb wrote:
2 months ago
How did the transplant go? Did you get the 1000 grafts you thought were available?
Yes :):

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=73&start=75#p12247

rclark
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Finasteride 1 mg daily, Progesterone 2% (22mg daily), Minoxidil 15% hair growth only).
Using 1.5 mm needle on all bald/balding areas weekly.

Post by rclark » 2 months ago

The hair length in the top picture definitely looks good with a vertical shaped head. You could
probably even grow it longer on the sides. My son has a similar shaped head (he is also tall,
around six foot five).

A lot of guys in the United States grow the top long, and shave the sides and back almost bald (#1
guard, one weeks hair growth length).

While guys with a fat or a steroid induced muscular face can pull that off, it looks terrible
on a man with a vertically shaped head.

scorpiolove
Hair Loss Newbie
Hair Loss Newbie
Norwood: NW6
Regimen: nothing

Post by scorpiolove » 1 month ago

I think blonde is the way to go, with some hair in a can you can pull off a non bald illusion, Tito Ortiz pulled off the illusion like a pro, also at this time he was dating jenna jamieson, #1 Stacy.

Toms
Hair Loss Newbie
Hair Loss Newbie
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: Absolutely nothing.

Post by Toms » 1 month ago

Admin wrote:
6 months ago
I think one of the keys to being accepted by De Reys was that this time before the consultation, I grew a full grandpa horseshoe (hard times guys) before I went to see him. Buzzed hair can really give the impression that your donor is thinning, especially if you have blond hair.
I guess this is true. Dr. Koray Erdogan turned down my minor procedure for temple point imporovement, one of the reasons he mentioned was because my side hair "is thinning". It's not thinning at all it's as thick as it gets, I just had a haircut with shaved faded sides in the pictures I sent him.

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » 3 weeks ago

Toms wrote:
1 month ago
I guess this is true. Dr. Koray Erdogan turned down my minor procedure for temple point improvement, one of the reasons he mentioned was because my side hair "is thinning". It's not thinning at all it's as thick as it gets, I just had a haircut with shaved faded sides in the pictures I sent him.
The fact that even top surgeons are often not able to notice they're making that mistake still boggles my mind. Bisanga assured me that my sides were thinning too back in 2013, all because my hair was buzzed short and it seemed that way when I had my consultation.

We're now 6 years and 3 5100+ grafts extracted later, my donor hair is 2cm long and my sides and back are still fully covered. No thinning at all, it really shows that even the best surgeons out there have their limits. But of course, I don't blame him for making that mistake after seeing a slick NW5 23 year old walk into his office.