Sunscreen recommendations

Discuss safe bets to mitigate the impact of hair loss: weightlifting, skin care, teeth whitening etc.
User avatar
White Ferrari
Hair Loss Novice
Hair Loss Novice
Posts: 75
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 181
Norwood: NW3.5

Re: Sunscreen recommendations

Post by White Ferrari » 1 week ago

Haha, I come to this site specifically thinking someone here must be writing about sunscreen. Lo and behold I get a whole thread dedicated to the topic.

I've dedicated myself to the daily SPF life for a while now, but not entirely happy with the ones I have (Altruist and the Biore Aqua watery gel one)

@EvilLocks where do you purchase the SPF from Missha that you mentioned?

User avatar
EvilLocks
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Posts: 281
Joined: 6 months ago
Reputation: 844
Norwood: NW5
Regimen: Nada

Re: Sunscreen recommendations

Post by EvilLocks » 1 week ago

White Ferrari wrote:
1 week ago
Haha, I come to this site specifically thinking someone here must be writing about sunscreen. Lo and behold I get a whole thread dedicated to the topic.

I've dedicated myself to the daily SPF life for a while now, but not entirely happy with the ones I have (Altruist and the Biore Aqua watery gel one)

EvilLocks where do you purchase the SPF from Missha that you mentioned?
loco.no , I don't know if they ship abroad. But you can always try on eBay or amazon if you can't find it other places.
En får væra som en er når'n itte vart som en sku :thumbup:

User avatar
koolaidshade
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Posts: 214
Joined: 9 months ago
Reputation: 297
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: semen retention, real social dynamics, 12 rules for life

Re: Sunscreen recommendations

Post by koolaidshade » 1 week ago

any recommendations for water resistant/sport sunscreen?

After my vacation in the ocean my face is a lot more tan/red even though i used neutrogena spf 110 on my face. Maybe its also because i kept rubbing my face to get seawater off of it.

Image

User avatar
kj6723
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Posts: 333
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 743
Norwood: NW1.5
Regimen: Dutasteride .5mg daily, minoxidil 5% 1-2x daily, nizoral 1% whenever

Re: Sunscreen recommendations

Post by kj6723 » 1 week ago

koolaidshade wrote:
1 week ago
any recommendations for water resistant/sport sunscreen?

After my vacation in the ocean my face is a lot more tan/red even though i used neutrogena spf 110 on my face. Maybe its also because i kept rubbing my face to get seawater off of it.

Image
Ah I saw this one in the store the other day and was wondering if it was a good daily user. Some of the reviews I looked up on amazon said some sketchy stuff about it including that it irritates some people’s eyes, which makes me reluctant to try it since I had a similar reaction to an aveeno sunscreen

User avatar
koolaidshade
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Posts: 214
Joined: 9 months ago
Reputation: 297
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: semen retention, real social dynamics, 12 rules for life

Re: Sunscreen recommendations

Post by koolaidshade » 1 week ago

kj6723 wrote:
1 week ago
Ah I saw this one in the store the other day and was wondering if it was a good daily user. Some of the reviews I looked up on amazon said some sketchy stuff about it including that it irritates some people’s eyes, which makes me reluctant to try it since I had a similar reaction to an aveeno sunscreen
I bought it because it claimed a high spf, water resistance, and was 3 ounces so that i could take it with me on the plane back home and not have to throw it out after my trip. I need to find an asian sunscreen that's made for swimming/surfing. Maybe @EvilLocks can provide input on this

User avatar
EvilLocks
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Posts: 281
Joined: 6 months ago
Reputation: 844
Norwood: NW5
Regimen: Nada

Re: Sunscreen recommendations

Post by EvilLocks » 1 week ago

koolaidshade wrote:
1 week ago
I bought it because it claimed a high spf, water resistance, and was 3 ounces so that i could take it with me on the plane back home and not have to throw it out after my trip. I need to find an asian sunscreen that's made for swimming/surfing. Maybe EvilLocks can provide input on this
The waterproof version from Missha is pretty sturdy. I would not recommend it for daily use as it's incredibly hard to take off but I imagine it would be good for outdoor activities and swimming because of that.
I love Missha as a brand and have not tried a bad product of theirs yet.
Attachments
18_MISSHA_All_Around_Safe_Block_Waterproof_Sun_SPF50_PA_ml.JPG
18_MISSHA_All_Around_Safe_Block_Waterproof_Sun_SPF50_PA_ml.JPG (16.44 KiB) Viewed 135 times
En får væra som en er når'n itte vart som en sku :thumbup:

User avatar
White Ferrari
Hair Loss Novice
Hair Loss Novice
Posts: 75
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 181
Norwood: NW3.5

Re: Sunscreen recommendations

Post by White Ferrari » 6 days ago

EvilLocks wrote:
1 week ago
loco.no , I don't know if they ship abroad. But you can always try on eBay or amazon if you can't find it other places.
Are you sure that's the site? They don't seem to have a single Missha product.

User avatar
EvilLocks
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Posts: 281
Joined: 6 months ago
Reputation: 844
Norwood: NW5
Regimen: Nada

Re: Sunscreen recommendations

Post by EvilLocks » 6 days ago

White Ferrari wrote:
6 days ago
Are you sure that's the site? They don't seem to have a single Missha product.
I'm sorry, it was lyko.no, because of the similar names I got them mixed up :roll:
Here is the direct link
https://www.lyko.no/missha/missha-aqua-sun-gelspf50pa
They appear to be sold out now, but they restock frequently so it should be back in stock soon.

I found the product from a top-rated eBay seller here
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Missha-All-Aro ... SwKMRa6-Ut
En får væra som en er når'n itte vart som en sku :thumbup:

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest