Sun damage and aging

Discuss safe bets to mitigate the impact of hair loss: weightlifting, skin care, teeth whitening etc.
blackg
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Re: Sun damage and aging

Post by blackg » 1 week ago

JasonStatham wrote:
1 week ago
Just buy one Admin. Maybe she is just too shy to buy one.
Fred wouldn't look good in a school uniform.
Stand behind your man.

CaptainForehead
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Norwood: NW7
Regimen: Avoid mirrors and other reflective surfaces

Post by CaptainForehead » 1 week ago

JasonStatham wrote:
1 week ago
Just buy one Admin. Maybe she is just too shy to buy one.
A side Valentine's gift for her, together with the usual wine and dine?

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: - 5% Minoxidil once a day and Adenosin shampoo
- Discontinued due to lack of results: Stemoxydine and dermarolling

Post by Admin » 1 week ago

CaptainForehead wrote:
1 week ago
A side Valentine's gift for her, together with the usual wine and dine?
Unfortunately she has a rule that only she can buy lingerie and that sort of clothing for herself, thank God she can really choose well in that area.

Valentine's Day is going to be quite special this year since I'll still have the scabs from my upcoming hair transplant on my head. I hope I don't get too many 'wtf' stares at the restaurant. No wine either since alcohol could interfere with the healing process, and well, I won't risk any sex either, gonna be fun :p.

Rudiger
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Regimen: Finasteride, Dutasteride, minoxidil, Biotin, Dermarolling, Nizoral

Post by Rudiger » 1 week ago

Admin wrote:
1 week ago
I won't risk any sex either, gonna be fun :p.
Oh you won't have to worry about a vow of celibacy, scabby.

Just jkz, but really why no sex after hair transplant? I'm guessing no masturbating either?
~get 1k likes and party~ 8-)

JasonStatham
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW3.5

Post by JasonStatham » 1 week ago

Rudiger wrote:
1 week ago

Just jkz, but really why no sex after hair transplant? I'm guessing no masturbating either?
The no sex part is laughable. They just tell people that because of the risk that your girl is touching your head. But let's be honest, which hair bdd guy let's his girl touch his head anyway? I always pushed the hands back like some guy telling his dog: "no no bad girl don't do that!"

But serious. I googled masturbating and if it's okay to do it after my hair transplant. Most people agreed that it won't do anything as long as you don't have some weird kink. Maybe Jean-Luc should not do whatever he does for his personal pleasure for a couple of months.

pjhair
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast

Post by pjhair » 1 week ago

@EvilLocks Do you have any dietary recommendation to slow down aging? I have read that vitamin c and antioxidants are really good for skin so fruits rich in these such as oranges, prunes, etc are excellent options. What do you think about it? Any other food options I should consider?

EvilLocks
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Norwood: NW5
Regimen: Nada

Post by EvilLocks » 1 week ago

pjhair wrote:
1 week ago
EvilLocks Do you have any dietary recommendation to slow down aging? I have read that vitamin c and antioxidants are really good for skin so fruits rich in these such as oranges, prunes, etc are excellent options. What do you think about it? Any other food options I should consider?
I am not that educated with what is the best diet for aging, I just try to eat healthy and varied for the most part, and indulge in something extra on special occasions.
I have indeed heard that antioxidants are good though, and I think I read somewhere that things like tomatoes, broccoli and blueberries were good.
Something I always try to do is include healthy sources of fat in my everyday diet, things like avocado, nuts and seeds, fatty fish like salmon, olive oil +++
I am not an expert but I feel like people who get too skinny loose fat from their faces too, and especially as we get older we need a little fat in our face. So staying at a healthy weight is good, not underweight and not overweight. Plus healthy fats are good for the rest of the body too.
I eat a variety of veggies, fruits and berries, whole wheat grains, beans and lenses, some rice and potatoes (not fried), healthy fats, eggs, yoghurt and sometimes indulge in things like chocolate, ice cream, pastry, cheese +++ from time to time. I really do not do those frozen meals you get in the store, or canned foods for the most part, as I like to cook most of my food myself so I know what is going into my body. But I never count calories or anything, just try to use common sense when picking foods :) And, drinking lots of water is supposed to be good :) I also love green tea everyday.

blackg
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Post by blackg » 1 week ago

Rudiger wrote:
1 week ago

Stray (excited) hands, Rudi. Think about it.
Stand behind your man.

Rudiger
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Regimen: Finasteride, Dutasteride, minoxidil, Biotin, Dermarolling, Nizoral

Post by Rudiger » 1 week ago

blackg wrote:
1 week ago
Stray (excited) hands, Rudi. Think about it.
I didn't think the scabs were delicate enough they can't be touched. Also as kj pointed out, I don't let hands near my fucking head at all times, especially during sex, I don't understand why that's being treated as something common? Who the fuck has the top of their head rubbed during sex? Maybe the back and sides sometimes.
~get 1k likes and party~ 8-)

EvilLocks
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie

Rudiger wrote:
1 week ago
I didn't think the scabs were delicate enough they can't be touched. Also as kj pointed out, I don't let hands near my fucking head at all times, especially during sex, I don't understand why that's being treated as something common? Who the fuck has the top of their head rubbed during sex? Maybe the back and sides sometimes.
One tip is to hold hands during sex anytime your partner tries to come near your head, just hold her hands above her head or something. Anyway, I agree, nobody really touches the top of your head during sex, but sides and back are definitely OK. Girls love it when the guy holds her hands while having sex :straight-smile:

White Ferrari
Hair Loss Novice
Hair Loss Novice
Norwood: NW3.5

Post by White Ferrari » 1 week ago

EvilLocks wrote:
2 weeks ago
Pat, scientists universally agree that UV exposure is the cause of as much as 80 percent of skin aging, so don't be fooled. However, genetics play a huge role too. Look at Brooke Shields, was 11/10 in her teens but as soon as she entered her 20s she started looking like a man and has generally aged very badly.

If you look at her skin, it's actually not that bad for her age (I believe she's in her 50s), but the structure of her face has changed dramatically (genetics)
So even though her skin is pretty nice, she looks old. So there is something to what you say, but if you look at the facts and the aging of skin alone, UV exposure accounts for the majority, in terms of wrinkles, photo aging (sun spots, freckles, rough texture) and sagging.
The fuck is this. Looks like her bones grew significantly, isn't it supposed to go the opposite way as we age? :P

Evillocks, I rememember you recommending the Amour Noir brand on HairLossTalk and I've been hooked ever since. You don't like them anymore?

EvilLocks
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie

White Ferrari wrote:
1 week ago
The fuck is this. Looks like her bones grew significantly, isn't it supposed to go the opposite way as we age? :P

Evillocks, I rememember you recommending the Amour Noir brand on HairLossTalk and I've been hooked ever since. You don't like them anymore?
I still love them, just don't use them at the moment :) I rotate my skincare every now and then :)

pjhair
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast

Post by pjhair » 1 week ago

EvilLocks wrote:
1 week ago
I really do not do those frozen meals you get in the store, or canned foods for the most part, as I like to cook most of my food myself so I know what is going into my body.
It's funny you mention this. As I absolutely despise cooking, the only thing I eat is frozen food :( :( My diet includes lots of white rice two times a day mixed with canned beans. I need to change this. I have managed to stay healthy so far thanks to exercise, but as I have developed runners knee due to excessive jogging, I haven't been able to run for 6 months now! I am trying to compensate by weight training though.

koolaidshade
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Regimen: big 3, microneedling for absorption

Post by koolaidshade » 1 week ago

EvilLocks wrote:
1 week ago
I am not that educated with what is the best diet for aging, I just try to eat healthy and varied for the most part, and indulge in something extra on special occasions.
I have indeed heard that antioxidants are good though, and I think I read somewhere that things like tomatoes, broccoli and blueberries were good.
Something I always try to do is include healthy sources of fat in my everyday diet, things like avocado, nuts and seeds, fatty fish like salmon, olive oil +++
I am not an expert but I feel like people who get too skinny loose fat from their faces too, and especially as we get older we need a little fat in our face. So staying at a healthy weight is good, not underweight and not overweight. Plus healthy fats are good for the rest of the body too.
I eat a variety of veggies, fruits and berries, whole wheat grains, beans and lenses, some rice and potatoes (not fried), healthy fats, eggs, yoghurt and sometimes indulge in things like chocolate, ice cream, pastry, cheese +++ from time to time. I really do not do those frozen meals you get in the store, or canned foods for the most part, as I like to cook most of my food myself so I know what is going into my body. But I never count calories or anything, just try to use common sense when picking foods :) And, drinking lots of water is supposed to be good :) I also love green tea everyday.
how do we know if you even look 18-22? has any poster here seen pictures of you?

but yeah looksmaxing/antiaging is very important, contrary to what everyone else has to say about it. i kind of eat what you eat except without the whole grains or legumes to make digestion easier. also i try to avoid fried foods, and only fry stuff in coconut oil if i crave some chicken fried steak or fries. i eat out a lot, like 2/3s or more of my meals, because i'm too lazy to cook and i guess im a high spender on eating out, but i try to make healthy choices, like today i ate korean grilled short ribs and rice with veggies.

justin
Hair Loss Novice
Hair Loss Novice
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: Nothing

Post by justin » 1 week ago

blackg wrote:
2 weeks ago
This all sounds a little new age for me.
Lol! I used to have weird small colorless acne-like bumps around the hair line (as if balding wasn't enough), saw a dermatologist as well as a cosmetician for it and the snake oils they recommended didn't help. So I started searching for shit online and eventually found people with the same problem and they said that tea tree soap is the ONLY thing that helps.

Guess what? They were right. A couple months ago I ditched the soap and tried to use different cleansers and the colorless bumps returned. Now they're gone again. Guess I'll have to keep washing my face with it for life eh..

The soap also contains different oils and vitamins.. and well, tea tree being beneficial for your skin is actually legit and there has been some research to back it up, it's not cope like natural oils for your hair to treat male pattern baldness haha.
Last edited by justin 1 week ago, edited 1 time in total.
Even when I’m lying on my back I’m never backing down.