Sun damage and aging

Discuss safe bets to mitigate the impact of hair loss: weightlifting, skin care, teeth whitening etc.
EvilLocks
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Norwood: NW5
Regimen: Nada

Re: Sun damage and aging

Post by EvilLocks » 5 months ago

blackg wrote:
5 months ago
And going by that jambalaya of gunk that EvilLocks uses; she should look no older than 17.
I call bullshit on all this stuff!
Hahahaha. I don't look 17. But people say I look between 18-22 usually. But that's mostly genetics. Skin care is just the tip of the iceberg lol

Added in 4 minutes 17 seconds:
blackg wrote:
5 months ago
We are not meant to cake our faces and torsos in this concoction of chemical substances we can't even pronounce.
I think the foods and drinks we put in our mouth is equally bad or worse haha. Anyway half of the stuff I mentioned is supposed to be washed off the skin, so it never enters the bloodstream. I feel like hair loss treatments are pretty hardcore too when it comes to chemicals and nasty stuff.
of course be aware of what you put on your skin but I think there are more bad things to do that skin care :straight-smile:
En får væra som en er når'n itte vart som en sku :thumbup:

blackg
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

Post by blackg » 5 months ago

EvilLocks wrote:
5 months ago
Hahahaha. I don't look 17. But people say I look between 18-22 usually. But that's mostly genetics. Skin care is just the tip of the iceberg lol

Added in 4 minutes 17 seconds:

I think the foods and drinks we put in our mouth is equally bad or worse haha. Anyway half of the stuff I mentioned is supposed to be washed off the skin, so it never enters the bloodstream. I feel like hair loss treatments are pretty hardcore too when it comes to chemicals and nasty stuff.
of course be aware of what you put on your skin but I think there are more bad things to do that skin care :straight-smile:
Okay, fair enough.
embrace pansexuality

koolaidshade
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: semen retention, real social dynamics, 12 rules for life

Post by koolaidshade » 5 months ago

EvilLocks wrote:
5 months ago
Cleansers I currently rotate:

- CeraVe foaming cleanser (Price: $)
- Philosophy exfoliating face wash (Price: $$)

Physical exfoliants I currently rotate:

- Ole Henriksen walnut scrub (Price: $$)
- Ole Henriksen sauna scrub (Price: $$)
- Omorovicza facial polisher (Price: $$$)
- Linda Johansen polish powder (Price: $$)
- Secret Key lemon peeling gel (Price: $)
- Missha super aqua peeling gel (Price: $)
- Neutrogena pink grapefruit scrub (Price: $)

Chemical exfoliants I currently rotate:

- Alpha-H liquid gold (Price: $$)
- Paula's Choice weekly resurfacing treatment 10% AHA (Price: $$)
- The Ordinary peeling solution 30% AHA 2% BHA (Price: $)

Serums I currently rotate:

- The Ordinary hyaluronic acid serum (Price: $)
- The Ordinary retinoid emulsion 2% (Price: $)
- Peter Thomas Roth retinol fusion PM (Price: $$$)
- SkinCeuticals C+E ferulic (Price: $$$$)
- Clinique moisture surge serum (Price: $$)

Sunscreens I currently rotate:

- Bioré UV Aqua Rich watery essence (Price: $)
- Bioré UV Aqua watery gel (Price: $)
- MD Elta UV Clear (Price: $$$)
- MD Elta sport (Price: $$)
- La Roche-Posay Anthelios (Price: $$)
- Exuviance daily sheer protector (Price: $$$)
- Shiseido Anessa perfect UV milk Mild (Price: $$$)
- Obagi sunshield (Price: $$$)

Masks I use on occasion:

TonyMoly I Am sheet masks (Price: $)
Origins retexturizing mask (Price: $$)

-

This probably seems like a lot but when I say rotate I mean I use one of the products in this category for one day (the exception being serums, I use 2-3 per day typically). Things like scrubs/chemical exfoliants I also don't use every day, more like 2-4 times a week.

For body:

- Nivea body wash (Price: $)
- CeraVe moisturizing lotion (Price: $)
- Exfoliating gloves (Price: $)

Sunscreens:

- La Roche-Posay Anthelios body (Price: $$)
- Make:Prem body fluid (Price: $$)

Added in 31 minutes 25 seconds:

damn, how old are you? Why don't you use tretinoin? Also, how did you start learning about all these products?

In the past i've used:

morning

cerave hydrating facial cleanser
tone with cosrx glycolic acid spray or use The Ordinary ascorbyl glucoside (a vitamin c serum thats supposed to be stable?)
moisturize with Clinique dramatically different moisturizing gel
top off with ROHTO skin aqua sunscreen

nighttime, after showering

tretinoin gel 0.05%
cerave PM facial moisturizing lotion

nowadays this is what i do:

morning

Tosowoong enzyme powder wash
the ordinary 2% salicyclic acid on my t zones (nose and forehead)
followed by The Ordinary ascorbyl glucoside
Cosrx Snail 92 cream (has snail mucous). If i want to look matte (my face is very oily), i'll use Clinique dramatically different moisturizing gel instead
Biore UV sunscreen i mentioned in thread earlier

tretinoin gel 0.05%

not sure if the snail cream is breaking me out lately, but i've heard good things about it.

I might need some cheekbone/undereye fillers in the future since i have always had dark hallow circles under my eyes

Those masks that you posted seem like a good idea, instead of having to mix bentonite clay with apple cider vinegar which i've done once in a while since 2014

blackg
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

Pat wrote:
5 months ago
wat? I never said it wasn't. I explicitly said you're not outside in the sun as much during the winter as during summer. If you're outside the entire day skiing or whatever it would be a different story.

Ok, so we can establish that we agree on something. Although you can somewhat impact your bone structure development. I won't get into it as it's beside the point.
Your view of suncsreen is simplistic and one dimensional. You've ignored the impact that sunscreen has on your hormones and the environment. You like to sound like you're informed on the subject, so I don't know if you purposely leave this out or not. By pushing sunscreen which not only contains hormone disrupting ingredients but also lowers vitamin D levels from the actual sun protection you're creating soyboys (and intersex fish).
EvilLocks knows exactly what she is doing and doesn't need to be attacked by a boar of a man exhibiting unhealthy levels of masculinity.

If @EvilLocks happens to give birth to a male child with below average levels testosterone then I welcome this.
What's the problem???

We need more thoughtful and caring men in this world who are willing to let females take the lead.

Females are welcome to lead the way in terms of dating and sex, but also, they can lead the way in doing odd jobs around the house that were once the domain of incompetent men.
I really think it's best that you let your female partner do the odd maintenance chore because the ladies will usually think potential problems through, without smashing a hole in the wall due to frustration.

Lead the way, ladies!!

Added in 2 minutes 34 seconds:
koolaidshade wrote:
5 months ago
damn, how old are you? Why don't you use tretinoin? Also, how did you start learning about all these products?

In the past i've used:

morning

cerave hydrating facial cleanser
tone with cosrx glycolic acid spray or use The Ordinary ascorbyl glucoside (a vitamin c serum thats supposed to be stable?)
moisturize with Clinique dramatically different moisturizing gel
top off with ROHTO skin aqua sunscreen

tretinoin gel 0.05%

nowadays this is what i do:

morning

Tosowoong enzyme powder wash
the ordinary 2% salicyclic acid on my t zones (nose and forehead)
followed by The Ordinary ascorbyl glucoside
Cosrx Snail 92 cream (has snail mucous). If i want to look matte (my face is very oily), i'll use Clinique dramatically different moisturizing gel instead
Biore UV sunscreen i mentioned in thread earlier

tretinoin gel 0.05%

not sure if the snail cream is breaking me out lately, but i've heard good things about it.

I might need some cheekbone/undereye fillers in the future since i have always had dark hallow circles under my eyes

Those masks that you posted seem like a good idea, instead of having to mix bentonite clay with apple cider vinegar which i've done once in a while since 2014
Hi, are you a man or a woman? Or transgender?
Last edited by blackg 5 months ago, edited 2 times in total.
embrace pansexuality

justin
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Regimen: Nothing

Post by justin » 5 months ago

I make sure to wash my face with a tea tree oil soup then moisturize before I go to bed as well as before I leave the house (or when I wake up).

In the summer I apply the same kind of moisturizer (it's specifically against irritated/red skin) but with a sunscreen.

.. and that's it.

3 different girls were surprised when I told them my age and thought I was 3-4 years younger, so I'm probably doing something right.
Even when I’m lying on my back I’m never backing down.

blackg
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

justin wrote:
5 months ago
I make sure to wash my face with a tea tree oil soup then moisturize before I go to bed as well as before I leave the house (or when I wake up).

In the summer I apply the same kind of moisturizer (it's specifically against irritated/red skin) but with a sunscreen.

.. and that's it.

3 different girls were surprised when I told them my age and thought I was 3-4 years younger, so I'm probably doing something right.
This all sounds a little new age for me.
embrace pansexuality

kj6723
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Norwood: NW1.5
Regimen: Dutasteride .5mg daily, minoxidil 5% 1-2x daily, nizoral 1% whenever

Post by kj6723 » 5 months ago

blackg wrote:
5 months ago
Jizz.
This works VERY well. I strongly recommend this regimen to anyone serious about skincare. The results are unreal....

EvilLocks
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast

koolaidshade wrote:
5 months ago
I forgot, I use tretinoin too, or differin which is a type of tretinoin. I use it x3 times a week only and retinol serum the other nights.
I guess I am just more than average interested in skin and skincare, if I wasn't 26 (to answer your question) and about to settle down with a husband, house and planning a family, I would probably get another education and become a dermatologist or something. Right now I work as a graphic designer, which is OK since I love graphic design and art, however working as a graphic designer isn't just making fun art like I love to, but also boring stuff that is not inspiring at all.

Added in 3 minutes 16 seconds:
blackg wrote:
5 months ago
EvilLocks knows exactly what she is doing and doesn't need to be attacked by a boar of a man exhibiting unhealthy levels of masculinity.

If @EvilLocks happens to give birth to a male child with below average levels testosterone then I welcome this.
What's the problem???

We need more thoughtful and caring men in this world who are willing to let females take the lead.

Females are welcome to lead the way in terms of dating and sex, but also, they can lead the way in doing odd jobs around the house that were once the domain of incompetent men.
I really think it's best that you let your female partner do the odd maintenance chore because the ladies will usually think potential problems through, without smashing a hole in the wall due to frustration.

Lead the way, ladies!!
Haha, I never know if you are serious or not (you are really good at making me confused) but anyway thanks for you support Black Knight :)

Added in 1 minute 2 seconds:
kj6723 wrote:
5 months ago
This works VERY well. I strongly recommend this regimen to anyone serious about skincare. The results are unreal....
I know, it's probably the main reason why people always assume I am in my late teens or early 20s when in reality I am 26 :roll:

CaptainForehead
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Norwood: NW7
Regimen: Avoid mirrors and other reflective surfaces

Post by CaptainForehead » 5 months ago

EvilLocks wrote:
5 months ago
I know, it's probably the main reason why people always assume I am in my late teens or early 20s when in reality I am 26 :roll:
Does your beau make you wear school uniforms? :straight-smile:

koolaidshade
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Regimen: semen retention, real social dynamics, 12 rules for life

Post by koolaidshade » 5 months ago

blackg wrote:
5 months ago
Hi, are you a man or a woman? Or transgender?
Transracial

blackg
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

CaptainForehead wrote:
5 months ago
Easy, Captain.
embrace pansexuality

EvilLocks
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast

CaptainForehead wrote:
5 months ago
I love those school girl skirts, I actually wear them on occasion out of the bedroom too :straight-smile:

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: - 5% Minoxidil once a day and Adenosin shampoo
- Discontinued due to lack of results: Stemoxydine and dermarolling

Post by Admin » 5 months ago

EvilLocks wrote:
5 months ago
I love those school girl skirts, I actually wear them on occasion out of the bedroom too :straight-smile:
My fiancée once told me she would surprise me with such uniform (in the bedroom), still waiting :|.

Your fiancé is quite lucky :p.

EvilLocks
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast

Admin wrote:
5 months ago
My fiancée once told me she would surprise me with such uniform (in the bedroom), still waiting :|.

Maybe you should subtly remind her about it, maybe she forgot? :)

JasonStatham
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW3.5

Post by JasonStatham » 5 months ago

Admin wrote:
5 months ago

Just buy one Admin. Maybe she is just too shy to buy one.