Sun damage and aging

Discuss safe bets to mitigate the impact of hair loss: weightlifting, skin care, teeth whitening etc.
Arjen
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW5
Regimen: Shaving

Re: Sun damage and aging

Post by Arjen » 2 weeks ago

EvilLocks wrote:
2 weeks ago
The bald looks more alpha despite his hair loss. The guy with hair looks and talks like he could get cast in The Big Bang Theory, so I think I know which one you prefer :P
Well, now I‘m curious as this might be conclusive as to how I am seen to perceive/„measure“ attractiveness when looking a little beyond looks, especially since I‘m assuming you base this on observations rather than explicit statements from me?

koolaidshade
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: big 3, microneedling for absorption

Post by koolaidshade » 2 weeks ago

sunscreen im currently using:

cant remember if this is the exact one since i ordered it a while back, but it spreads on my face with no residue and doesnt leave a white cast. doesnt dry my skin out either, but it has a citrus fragrance that i'm sure it could do without. a lot cheaper and cosmetically better than some american high end brands like eltaMD

That Guy
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Post by That Guy » 2 weeks ago

JasonStatham wrote:
2 weeks ago
Not long ago men were out hunting and providing for their children while his lovely wife made a nice home cooked dinner.

Now we have men buying cremes for their beauty.
The Gillete ad wasn't even necessary. We are already soyed.
Not sure how serious you are here, but given how these sites usually go, I'm guessing 100%

There's this weird thing where people think it's an either/or scenario instead of both.

You can actually care about your appearance and reap the benefits of doing so without being a soyboy. I mean, I know guys who won't drink tea because apparently that's "for faggots"...somehow.

It's just cope. Guys will think I'm cool as shit and women will want my dick if I act like an actual caveman.

I mean, what kind of homo has his teeth whitened?

JasonStatham
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW3.5

Post by JasonStatham » 2 weeks ago

That Guy wrote:
2 weeks ago
Not sure how serious you are here, but given how these sites usually go, I'm guessing 100%

There's this weird thing where people think it's an either/or scenario instead of both.

You can actually care about your appearance and reap the benefits of doing so without being a soyboy. I mean, I know guys who won't drink tea because apparently that's "for faggots"...somehow.

It's just cope. Guys will think I'm cool as shit and women will want my dick if I act like an actual caveman.

I mean, what kind of homo has his teeth whitened?
I didn't say that's its a black and white scenario. You just interpret it like it was.

I just pointed out how our society shifted and we still have "hunter" DNA in us but what men do this days to "look good" is insane and some people not long ago would say we are now faggots. Is it healthy for men to care so much about looks? Probably not in my opinion but you have to adapt to the society you live in and we do live in a hardcore capitalists dating scene which the not good looking ones get cut out to breed their genes.

Would I have stopped showering 50 years ago? Probably not. Would I have shaved my head instead of crying about hairloss? Probably yes.

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Regimen: - 5% Minoxidil once a day and Adenosin shampoo
- Discontinued due to lack of results: Stemoxydine and dermarolling

Post by Admin » 2 weeks ago

JasonStatham wrote:
2 weeks ago
Would I have stopped showering 50 years ago? Probably not. Would I have shaved my head instead of crying about hair loss? Probably yes.
My dead paternal grandfather rocked the elaborated combover before he started wearing a wig back in the 1960's. I would have done the same in his shoes.

Humans fundamentally don't change much through time, men and women have always cared about looks.

If you care in this era due to your specific personality, you most likely would have cared 50 years ago.

JasonStatham
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Admin wrote:
2 weeks ago
My dead paternal grandfather rocked the elaborated combover before he started wearing a wig back in the 1960's. I would have done the same in his shoes.
If you care in this era due to your specific personality, you most likely would have cared 50 years ago.
Because our personality would be the same 50 years ago :lol:

EvilLocks
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Regimen: Nada

Post by EvilLocks » 2 weeks ago

koolaidshade wrote:
2 weeks ago
sunscreen im currently using:

cant remember if this is the exact one since i ordered it a while back, but it spreads on my face with no residue and doesnt leave a white cast. doesnt dry my skin out either, but it has a citrus fragrance that i'm sure it could do without. a lot cheaper and cosmetically better than some american high end brands like eltaMD
I'm using it as well. Only minus is that is contains alcohol. Other than that its an excellent sunscreen, very cheap, very lightweight, and good UV filters. No white cast

Pat
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Dutasteride, minoxidil, ketokonazole, dermarolling.

Post by Pat » 2 weeks ago

EvilLocks wrote:
2 weeks ago
Nope, UVA (aging rays) are present all year round, whenever there is daylight outside, and they also travel through window glass. This is not something I have made up, but something that scientists and researchers almost uniformly agree on. Read some studies about this and hear when dermatologists have to say.
wat? I never said it wasn't. I explicitly said you're not outside in the sun as much during the winter as during summer. If you're outside the entire day skiing or whatever it would be a different story.
EvilLocks wrote:
2 weeks ago
The rest I agree with though, our bone structure development is highly important in terms of how well we age. The women that has aged the best are those who have kept soft facial features, even if they have some degree of wrinkles/sun damage.
However this thread was dedicated to skin alone. I know we cannot choose our bone structure and how it will develop, but we can choose to take care of our skin. A good broad spectrum sunscreen that doesn't contain harsh chemicals and alcohol will go a long way, along with other sun protective measures like clothing, hats, glasses and seeking shade.
Ok, so we can establish that we agree on something. Although you can somewhat impact your bone structure development. I won't get into it as it's beside the point.
Your view of suncsreen is simplistic and one dimensional. You've ignored the impact that sunscreen has on your hormones and the environment. You like to sound like you're informed on the subject, so I don't know if you purposely leave this out or not. By pushing sunscreen which not only contains hormone disrupting ingredients but also lowers vitamin D levels from the actual sun protection you're creating soyboys (and intersex fish).
EvilLocks wrote:
2 weeks ago
We both live in Norway, and here is is pretty much impossible to get a sunburn during the winter because the UVB radiation is so low, the exception may be if we're out skiing on a sunny day. However UVA radiation is constantly with us, no matter the season. That is where a broad spectrum sunscreen comes in. I know you wanna be right about this but you're just not :lol:
I'm not sure what you mean by this. But looking at all the above it seems like you're projecting.

That Guy
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Post by That Guy » 2 weeks ago

JasonStatham wrote:
2 weeks ago
Would I have stopped showering 50 years ago? Probably not. Would I have shaved my head instead of crying about hair loss? Probably yes.
Julius Caesar wore a wreath to cover his balding thousands of years ago, but just 50 years ago, you'd have just "shaved it bro"?

Lol k

koolaidshade
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Regimen: big 3, microneedling for absorption

Post by koolaidshade » 2 weeks ago

EvilLocks wrote:
2 weeks ago
I'm using it as well. Only minus is that is contains alcohol. Other than that its an excellent sunscreen, very cheap, very lightweight, and good UV filters. No white cast
what other skin/health products do you use? pm me if you feel like keeping it private. i'll tell you what i use too

blackg
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Post by blackg » 2 weeks ago

koolaidshade wrote:
2 weeks ago
what other skin/health products do you use? pm me if you feel like keeping it private. i'll tell you what i use too
Jizz.
Stand behind your man.

JasonStatham
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

blackg wrote:
2 weeks ago
Jizz.
Stop drinking so much.

Added in 1 minute 10 seconds:
koolaidshade wrote:
2 weeks ago
I use nothing. I have perfect skin and thick Mediterranean hair.

EvilLocks
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Regimen: Nada

Post by EvilLocks » 2 weeks ago

koolaidshade wrote:
2 weeks ago
Cleansers I currently rotate:

- CeraVe foaming cleanser (Price: $)
- Philosophy exfoliating face wash (Price: $$)

Physical exfoliants I currently rotate:

- Ole Henriksen walnut scrub (Price: $$)
- Ole Henriksen sauna scrub (Price: $$)
- Omorovicza facial polisher (Price: $$$)
- Linda Johansen polish powder (Price: $$)
- Secret Key lemon peeling gel (Price: $)
- Missha super aqua peeling gel (Price: $)
- Neutrogena pink grapefruit scrub (Price: $)

Chemical exfoliants I currently rotate:

- Alpha-H liquid gold (Price: $$)
- Paula's Choice weekly resurfacing treatment 10% AHA (Price: $$)
- The Ordinary peeling solution 30% AHA 2% BHA (Price: $)

Serums I currently rotate:

- The Ordinary hyaluronic acid serum (Price: $)
- The Ordinary retinoid emulsion 2% (Price: $)
- Peter Thomas Roth retinol fusion PM (Price: $$$)
- SkinCeuticals C+E ferulic (Price: $$$$)
- Clinique moisture surge serum (Price: $$)

Sunscreens I currently rotate:

- Bioré UV Aqua Rich watery essence (Price: $)
- Bioré UV Aqua watery gel (Price: $)
- MD Elta UV Clear (Price: $$$)
- MD Elta sport (Price: $$)
- La Roche-Posay Anthelios (Price: $$)
- Exuviance daily sheer protector (Price: $$$)
- Shiseido Anessa perfect UV milk Mild (Price: $$$)
- Obagi sunshield (Price: $$$)

Masks I use on occasion:

TonyMoly I Am sheet masks (Price: $)
Origins retexturizing mask (Price: $$)

-

This probably seems like a lot but when I say rotate I mean I use one of the products in this category for one day (the exception being serums, I use 2-3 per day typically). Things like scrubs/chemical exfoliants I also don't use every day, more like 2-4 times a week.

For body:

- Nivea body wash (Price: $)
- CeraVe moisturizing lotion (Price: $)
- Exfoliating gloves (Price: $)

Sunscreens:

- La Roche-Posay Anthelios body (Price: $$)
- Make:Prem body fluid (Price: $$)

Added in 31 minutes 25 seconds:
Pat wrote:
2 weeks ago
wat? I never said it wasn't. I explicitly said you're not outside in the sun as much during the winter as during summer. If you're outside the entire day skiing or whatever it would be a different story.

Ok, so we can establish that we agree on something. Although you can somewhat impact your bone structure development. I won't get into it as it's beside the point.
Your view of suncsreen is simplistic and one dimensional. You've ignored the impact that sunscreen has on your hormones and the environment. You like to sound like you're informed on the subject, so I don't know if you purposely leave this out or not. By pushing sunscreen which not only contains hormone disrupting ingredients but also lowers vitamin D levels from the actual sun protection you're creating soyboys (and intersex fish).

I'm not sure what you mean by this. But looking at all the above it seems like you're projecting.
Really? I feel like you are the only who always wants to be right and sound informed. If someone is worried about hormonal effects of using sunscreen they could go with a physical sunscreen that does not absorb into the skin. Besides, https://www.skincancer.org/healthy-life ... n-d/damage
I wear sunscreen daily and never had any issues with my vitamin D levels. Anyway, I am just sharing my knowledge, it is up to each and everyone what they choose to do with it. I am not going to push sunscreen down people's throat if they do not want it.

JasonStatham
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

That Guy wrote:
2 weeks ago
Julius Caesar wore a wreath to cover his balding thousands of years ago, but just 50 years ago, you'd have just "shaved it bro"?

Lol k
Julius Caesar a King is your comparison?

Lol k

blackg
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Post by blackg » 2 weeks ago

I sometimes think that all these chemicals people are applying to their skin is actually doing more damage then the sun itself.

We are not meant to cake our faces and torsos in this concoction of chemical substances we can't even pronounce.

And going by that jambalaya of gunk that EvilLocks uses; she should look no older than 17.
I call bullshit on all this stuff!
Stand behind your man.