Sun damage and aging

Discuss safe bets to mitigate the impact of hair loss: weightlifting, skin care, teeth whitening etc.
EvilLocks
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Norwood: NW5
Regimen: Nada

Sun damage and aging

Post by EvilLocks » 5 months ago

I just wanted to take a moment to highlight the importance of sun protection with this horrific example of white/caucasian skin + sun exposure:

This is Britney (obvi) in 2016 (she was 35 here, thirty five. THIRTY FIVE!) She looks incredibly old, look at that blotchy wrinkly complexion. Massive amounts of aging and sun damage.

Now this is Alexandra Daddario in 2018, age 32. Only three years younger than Britney in 2016 but yet she looks so much younger, and so much better! I love her pale skin, I can tell she's been very careful with sun exposure.

Here's Jessica Alba in 2018, age 37. She and Britney are the same age, even though it seems impossible. Alba has a different skin type but I can still tell she's taken care of her skin, plus having a baby face sure helps.

Anyway, when I see pics like these I remember why I put on my sunscreen every single day, and also protect myself from the sun with clothing, hats, sunglasses in summer and never tan etc. So guys, take care of your skin, and maybe more importantly (LOL), convince your girlfriends to do the same, unless you want her to end up like Britney.

:roll:
En får væra som en er når'n itte vart som en sku :thumbup:

Rudiger
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: Finasteride, Dutasteride, minoxidil, Biotin, Dermarolling, Nizoral

Re: Sun damage and aging

Post by Rudiger » 5 months ago

Lol at telling balding basement dwellers to stay out of the sun
~get 1k likes and party~ 8-)

EvilLocks
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast

Rudiger wrote:
5 months ago
Lol at telling balding basement dwellers to stay out of the sun
Basement dwelling has it's perks :lol: I started taking care of my skin seriously around age 23 but even before that I was basement dwelling because of my depression so I did not get much sun after 19-20.
I get compliments on my skin all the time and people always believe I am wearing makeup when in reality I never wear makeup on my skin :roll:

Rudiger
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

EvilLocks wrote:
5 months ago
Basement dwelling has it's perks :lol: I started taking care of my skin seriously around age 23 but even before that I was basement dwelling because of my depression so I did not get much sun after 19-20.
I get compliments on my skin all the time and people always believe I am wearing makeup when in reality I never wear makeup on my skin :roll:
Like, none at all? That's very rare. I've known some girls to have great skin but they at least touch it up a little with foundation or whatever you vagina people like.

EvilLocks
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast

Rudiger wrote:
5 months ago
Like, none at all? That's very rare. I've known some girls to have great skin but they at least touch it up a little with foundation or whatever you vagina people like.
Nope, 99,9% of the time I wear absolutely no makeup on my skin, no foundation, no concealer or powder. On the rare occasion that I do wear something on my skin it's only concealer under the eyes and a little powder. But I take extremely good care of my skin and also I am blessed with nice clear skin. I had some acne when I was like 12-15 but after I went on Accutane at 15 I've barely had a pimple since. Also I feel like skin looks younger and fresher with little to no makeup, of course given that you already have clear skin.

Rudiger
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

EvilLocks wrote:
5 months ago
Nope, 99,9% of the time I wear absolutely no makeup on my skin, no foundation, no concealer or powder. On the rare occasion that I do wear something on my skin it's only concealer under the eyes and a little powder. But I take extremely good care of my skin and also I am blessed with nice clear skin. I had some acne when I was like 12-15 but after I went on Accutane at 15 I've barely had a pimple since. Also I feel like skin looks younger and fresher with little to no makeup, of course given that you already have clear skin.
Wow no makeup at all on a female, you must be ugly and deluded as fuck.

Jkz xD laughing emoji

EvilLocks
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast

Rudiger wrote:
5 months ago
Wow no makeup at all on a female, you must be ugly and deluded as fuck.

Jkz xD laughing emoji
I wear some makeup on my eyes/lips/eyebrows when I go out, but I'm comfortable af without it too :) I used to wear loads when I was younger to try to make me look older, now that I am 26 I appreciate my baby face more than ever and have no intentions of looking older :wtf:

JasonStatham
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW3.5

Post by JasonStatham » 5 months ago

More reasons to be an incel.

If you smoke and sunbathe like a king, you will look like a goat in your 30s up.

I do look better with a tan but I prefer having a nice face and skin than being more attractive for a couple of weeks.

EvilLocks
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast

JasonStatham wrote:
5 months ago
More reasons to be an incel.

If you smoke and sunbathe like a king, you will look like a goat in your 30s up.

I do look better with a tan but I prefer having a nice face and skin than being more attractive for a couple of weeks.

For sure, that are partying x 3 times a week every week like many young people do (at least here in Norway)
I'm so glad to already be reaping the benefits of my anti aging (and skin genes), I ran into a girl that went to my class in high school and she already had deep wrinkles in her forehead, crows feet and general aged look. She has always been known to always be tan.
Anyway, no need to tan in the sun or sun beds (even worse than sun), just get a spray tan or use one of those gradual self tanners.
I have read a lot about this and the amount of sun we actually need to get sufficient vitamin D is very small compared to popular belief, apparently it's enough with just a few minutes of sunshine a couple times a week to get your vitamin D for healthy people. We can also get vitamin D from food, and supplements.
I am actually installing UV window filters in my home, that way I'll get rid of the unnecessary UV radiation when I am inside, because yes, those aging rays do travel inside. May seem excessive but I know it will pay off, and I don't wanna constantly apply sunscreen when I am inside :)

CaptainForehead
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Norwood: NW7
Regimen: Avoid mirrors and other reflective surfaces

Post by CaptainForehead » 5 months ago

EvilLocks wrote:
5 months ago
A youthful skin >>>>> hair.
My man parts would rather bed a bald girl with a youthful skin than 35 year old Britney.

Also, fuck tanning. I prefer pale skin. Paler the better. :thumbup:

EvilLocks
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast

CaptainForehead wrote:
5 months ago
A youthful skin >>>>> hair.
My man parts would rather bed a bald girl with a youthful skin than 35 year old Britney.

Also, fuck tanning. I prefer pale skin. Paler the better. :thumbup:
Yeah I agree with that. I cringe so hard when I see these teens - 20s instagrammers who spend everyday at the beach even putting on tanning oil to maximize their tan. Yes, you look great now, but you're gonna see the effects in just a few years if you keep it up.
I live my life and not in a cave of course but I minimize the UV radiation as much as I can while still living my life. I am so glad I learned of taking care of my skin at a young age instead of when I am 35+ and seeing the effects of aging full force and THEN deciding it's time to anti age. No, no cream out there will take away your wrinkles and sun spots once their there, not even retinol. Prevention is the way to gooo

CaptainForehead
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast

Two other things must be mentioned in Britney vs Daddario:
1. Britney has had two children. Pregnancies take a toll.
2. Drugs. The general perception would be that Britney has done far more drugs than Daddario.
Drugs also take a toll.

EvilLocks
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast

CaptainForehead wrote:
5 months ago
Two other things must be mentioned in Britney vs Daddario:
1. Britney has had two children. Pregnancies take a toll.
2. Drugs. The general perception would be that Britney has done far more drugs than Daddario.
Drugs also take a toll.
Yes, more factors come into play for sure. However I believe Jessica Alba has had 3 kids and look at her. Genetics, lifestyle, diet. It all comes together and if you've got all 3 you're set for a number of years. Everyone hits the wall in the end though :)
It's kinda something peaceful about it, of course I am fighting aging for as long as possible but we all get there - if we're lucky. Sounds cheesy but what really matters is our health and safety, and the health and safety of our loved ones. But I'm not going to say looks doesn't matter a lot, because you all know I think that :lol:

CaptainForehead
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast

EvilLocks wrote:
5 months ago
Yes, more factors come into play for sure. However I believe Jessica Alba has had 3 kids and look at her. Genetics, lifestyle, diet. It all comes together and if you've got all 3 you're set for a number of years. Everyone hits the wall in the end though :)
It's kinda something peaceful about it, of course I am fighting aging for as long as possible but we all get there - if we're lucky. Sounds cheesy but what really matters is our health and safety, and the health and safety of our loved ones. But I'm not going to say looks doesn't matter a lot, because you all know I think that :lol:
True dat.

Sandra Bullock also looks great. She's not had children though.

EvilLocks
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast

CaptainForehead wrote:
5 months ago
True dat.

Sandra Bullock also looks great. She's not had children though.
Yea, having children can have major negative impact on a woman's body. Each pregnancy changes the body, but genetics, lifestyle and diet all come into play here. Some women use pregnancy as an excuse to eat what they crave, so they gain more weight than they'd had to. Also, when a woman becomes a mother she has less time to spend on herself, or taking care of the kids make her so tired that she forgets to take care of herself. When I become a mother I will make an effort to remember myself also :)