Social impact of plastic surgery?

Discuss safe bets to mitigate the impact of hair loss: weightlifting, skin care, teeth whitening etc.
vboteju
Hair Loss Newbie
Hair Loss Newbie
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: minoxidil

Social impact of plastic surgery?

Post by vboteju » 4 months ago

What are your thoughts on people finding out about plastic surgery?

I am scheduled for a septorhinoplasty (medically needed, but will also result in a significant cosmetic improvement). I am planning to tell my girlfriend and my family, but wasn't going to tell others unless directly asked. Curious to see how you guys think this might play out.

rclark
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Finasteride 1 mg daily, Progesterone 2% (22mg daily), Minoxidil 15% hair growth only).
Using 1.5 mm needle on all bald/balding areas weekly.

Re: Social impact of plastic surgery?

Post by rclark » 4 months ago

vboteju wrote:
4 months ago

I am scheduled for a septorhinoplasty (medically needed, but will also result in a significant cosmetic improvement). I am planning to tell my girlfriend and my family, but wasn't going to tell others unless directly asked. Curious to see how you guys think this might play out.
There's nothing wrong with it. Some people look good with it.

I personally think the people that get too much, to the point of looking unrecognizable, it's
a bad thing.

JasonStatham
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW3.5

Post by JasonStatham » 4 months ago

They will talk no matter what. That's something you can't avoid.

I guess if the plastic surgery went well and you do look better, people that didn't like you in the first place will be jealous and people that support you, will be happy for you. And if you did "too much" surgery or/and the surgery went bad and you look fucked up, a very few people will be supportive with you.
But its good to have positive critical feedback to avoid going full BDD and to "fix" body party that did not need any in the first place.

An example for a toxic response if you want to "improve yourselves" in general, I can give you: I used to hang out with Rock/Metal people and it was a lot of fun no doubt but the whole group isn't doing anything outside of drinking and concerts. They all look the same than 5 years ago and will look the same in 5 years. This would not be a problem because it's always the best thing to accept yourselves (if you can). But a lot of those people were overweight, smoking (awful skin) and even taking drugs and in general just not many changes.

I started with going to the GYM some years ago to lose my "beer belly" and I got not really positive responses. Especially from one overweight chubby women. After I told her that I would like to eat Pizza with others but started to eat basically just chicken, rice and vegetables, she responded very toxic and negative. The same people also mocked me about my hair loss despite that I was the only one trying to improve myself in areas I had power over it.
I don't have contact with them anymore but they would tell me negative stuff about my hair transplant I did but I knew for sure they are jealous of someone taking action.

blackg
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

Post by blackg » 4 months ago

Welcome!!

I won't hold it against you if you get a nose job, chin implants, new cheekbones and even some botox for your forehead.

This is the least of my worries.
Just don't become a nationalist whatever you do.
Let's pay the slaves

Pat
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Dutasteride, minoxidil, ketokonazole, dermarolling.

Post by Pat » 4 months ago

vboteju wrote:
4 months ago

For your septorhinoplasty you can just say it was for medical reasons only. I don't think anyone will question that, and if they do they are the ones looking like douchebags.