Youthmaxing?

Discuss safe bets to mitigate the impact of hair loss: weightlifting, skin care, teeth whitening etc.
User avatar
koolaidshade
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Posts: 247
Joined: 11 months ago
Reputation: 346
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: semen retention, real social dynamics, 12 rules for life

Youthmaxing?

Post by koolaidshade » 10 months ago

I'd like for people to discuss in this thread various ways to maintain an overall youthful appearance/lifestyle, in some forms other than hair regrowth.

It could be in the form of skincare, surgery, fillers, fashion, even mental state/improvement.

I know a lot of posters from both this and the other forum are also interested in this since it is one of the reasons they'd like to regrow/maintain their current hair line/density.

I'll start with what i [attempt to] do:

physical:
-0.05% tretinoin gel, aka generic atralin. This form of tretinoin is superior to other forms in both my opinion as well as a dermatologist I visited, because it is micronized and more photostable. Despite this it is best to use it at night. It probably has other beneficial inactive ingredients.
-vitamin c serum
-salicylic acid 2%, whenever my skin gets very oily
-sunscreen, for many obvious reasons. Also because tretinoin increases photosensitivity of skin.
-vitamins/supplements, such as zinc, vitamin k2, magnesium, vitamin d, vitamin e, astaxanthin(for the red/pink healthy "glow"), MSM for faster hair growth
-l-theanine for sleep
-HIIT, in the form of sprints, circuit training, etc
-diet low in polyunsaturated fats
-I've had dermal fillers done, but they were mostly for the jawline.
-Also had buccal fat removal surgery

mental/social:
-hang out with people that are focused on having fun and don't have the "crabs in a bucket" mentality. Might consist of people that you bar/party-hop with i guess.
-i try and maintain connections with people that throw house/college-parties
-other things that i cant remember

fashion:
-wear simple stuff that looks and fits good, but not too try-hard looking
-v necks, henleys, some sweaters, t shirts, vans
-no logos, simple colors that arent too bright/flashy
- try and maintain my wardrobe with stuff that won't break the bank, but will still look fashionable/timeless

Image
Image
Image

Feel free to add to this thread!

User avatar
Rudiger
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 992
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 2632
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: Finasteride, Dutasteride, minoxidil, Biotin, Dermarolling, Nizoral

Re: Youthmaxing?

Post by Rudiger » 10 months ago

You just went full lookism, man. Never go full lookism.
~get 1k likes and party~ 8-)

User avatar
koolaidshade
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Posts: 247
Joined: 11 months ago
Reputation: 346
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: semen retention, real social dynamics, 12 rules for life

Re: Youthmaxing?

Post by koolaidshade » 10 months ago

Rudiger wrote:
10 months ago
You just went full lookism, man. Never go full lookism.
nah, just some lookism without the blackpill and ldar

User avatar
JasonStatham
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 915
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 2022
Norwood: NW3.5

Re: Youthmaxing?

Post by JasonStatham » 10 months ago

I have the opposite Problem. I look too young. At least with a beard, I don't look like I am 12 years old and my tattoos help a lot too.

I would say the best thing you can do to stay "young" is very basic and simple:

- don't smoke
- don't take drugs
- don't sunbathe
- try to minimize stress

That's it.

Especialy smoking makes you look like shit.

Oh, and the men you posted have all Norwood 1. Post some balding guys that in your opinion are "youthmaxxed". Those people you posted simply have good genetics.

thethirdman
Hair Loss Newbie
Hair Loss Newbie
Posts: 39
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 57
Norwood: NW6

Re: Youthmaxing?

Post by thethirdman » 10 months ago

I have found that, as a NW6, one might look better looking a bit older and distinguished compared to young. This only concerns fashion though. Skincare, body care, health etc. should always be taken to the max. I mean if you're a slick NW6, it somehow looks wrong to wear a tight t shirt with skinny jeans and a leather or denim jacket, no matter how good your physique is. The NW6 looks - at best - edgy and the clothing gives the same vibe so the person looks wrong. You have to wear more classy but less youthful clothing, I think. So I would disagree about the fashion. A good hooded sweatshirt can still look good on a NW1 but does not work on a NW6.

User avatar
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1730
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 3765
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: - 5% Minoxidil once a day and Head & Shoulders caffeine shampoo
- Discontinued due to lack of results: Stemoxydine and dermarolling
Location: Belgium
Age: 29
Contact:

Re: Youthmaxing?

Post by Admin » 10 months ago

JasonStatham wrote:
10 months ago
I have the opposite Problem. I look too young. At least with a beard, I don't look like I am 12 years old and my tattoos help a lot too.

I would say the best thing you can do to stay "young" is very basic and simple:

- don't smoke
- don't take drugs
- don't sunbathe
- try to minimize stress

That's it.

Especialy smoking makes you look like shit.

Oh, and the men you posted have all Norwood 1. Post some balding guys that in your opinion are "youthmaxxed". Those people you posted simply have good genetics.
That's what I was thinking when I saw this post, even though I commend OP for writing such an elaborate and detailed post about this idea, I don't think it's healthy to obsess over taking care of oneself.

I would add to the list above:

- Lift weights, move around, exercise. This one is crucial if you want to age gracefully. I know a few old people who end up turning into rigid mummies on top of developing ailments like diabetes, heart disease and what not. This is not how you want to end up.
- Invest in low-cost and proven ways to improve your skin-care routine, for example, I'm thinking about simply include a retinol-based hydrating cream in my regimen. It's proven to work, cost-efficient and it doesn't require you to alter your whole lifestyle.
thethirdman wrote:
10 months ago
I have found that, as a NW6, one might look better looking a bit older and distinguished compared to young. This only concerns fashion though. Skincare, body care, health etc. should always be taken to the max. I mean if you're a slick NW6, it somehow looks wrong to wear a tight t shirt with skinny jeans and a leather or denim jacket, no matter how good your physique is. The NW6 looks - at best - edgy and the clothing gives the same vibe so the person looks wrong. You have to wear more classy but less youthful clothing, I think. So I would disagree about the fashion. A good hooded sweatshirt can still look good on a NW1 but does not work on a NW6.
Good observation, it didn't take me a while to realize that right after I started shaving my head.

When you sport that look (shaved or bald), you just can't dress like a slob anymore, that's off the table. Thankfully, my style didn't need any update since it was always quite casual, a pair of jeans, white shoes and a plain t-shirt. Only now my t-shits would always need to fit.

This is something I was glad to find again after my second hair transplant grew in: the fact that I could wear sport clothes and still look fine. Even when I'm at home with my girlfriend and just wear sweat pants, it would give out quite a different vibe with a bald head. "Just chilling at home" can easily look like "giving up on life and rot".

It shows how pervasive the impact of balding or baldness is, and how much it limits your self-expression as I've explained in an older thread: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=111

Another situation I've found myself in where hair matters a lot was when I performed on stage. No matter how you tweak your clothes and how you groom yourself, you will never look as cool as you'd like to without a decent head of hair. The only way to make it work is to dress very sharp, or as a lot of musicians do, wear a fedora, I would never have gone that way though.

User avatar
koolaidshade
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Posts: 247
Joined: 11 months ago
Reputation: 346
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: semen retention, real social dynamics, 12 rules for life

Re: Youthmaxing?

Post by koolaidshade » 10 months ago

JasonStatham wrote:
10 months ago
I have the opposite Problem. I look too young. At least with a beard, I don't look like I am 12 years old and my tattoos help a lot too.

I would say the best thing you can do to stay "young" is very basic and simple:

- don't smoke
- don't take drugs
- don't sunbathe
- try to minimize stress

That's it.

Especialy smoking makes you look like shit.

Oh, and the men you posted have all Norwood 1. Post some balding guys that in your opinion are "youthmaxxed". Those people you posted simply have good genetics.
you're very correct. Sometimes it is best to keep Occam's Razor in mind and pick a feasible routine that you're willing to maintain.

I easily passed as 17-18 when i was 22. now at almost 26 sometimes i pass off as 22-24, which is alright. I guess if people didn't know i graduated college, i would pass for a bit younger.

CaptainForehead
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Posts: 306
Joined: 10 months ago
Reputation: 563
Norwood: NW7
Regimen: Avoid mirrors and other reflective surfaces

Re: Youthmaxing?

Post by CaptainForehead » 10 months ago

koolaidshade wrote:
10 months ago
now at almost 26
Image

User avatar
JasonStatham
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 915
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 2022
Norwood: NW3.5

Re: Youthmaxing?

Post by JasonStatham » 10 months ago

koolaidshade wrote:
10 months ago
you're very correct. Sometimes it is best to keep Occam's Razor in mind and pick a feasible routine that you're willing to maintain.

I easily passed as 17-18 when i was 22. now at almost 26 sometimes i pass off as 22-24, which is alright. I guess if people didn't know i graduated college, i would pass for a bit younger.
Without a beard I look like 21. I thank God for giving me a babyface and the balding genetics. You rock mate!

User avatar
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1730
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 3765
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: - 5% Minoxidil once a day and Head & Shoulders caffeine shampoo
- Discontinued due to lack of results: Stemoxydine and dermarolling
Location: Belgium
Age: 29
Contact:

Re: Youthmaxing?

Post by Admin » 10 months ago

JasonStatham wrote:
10 months ago
Without a beard I look like 21. I thank God for giving me a babyface and the balding genetics. You rock mate!
Same for me, that's why I've been soaking my face in minoxidil for the past 5 months, the results are coming in nicely.

I also don't see some wrinkles as a negative, as my face needs some ruggedness. I only have one pronounced wrinkle under my right eye and that one is not very aesthetic though, but no reason to go full lookism over it :p.

User avatar
JasonStatham
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 915
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 2022
Norwood: NW3.5

Re: Youthmaxing?

Post by JasonStatham » 10 months ago

Admin wrote:
10 months ago
Same for me, that's why I've been soaking my face in minoxidil for the past 5 months, the results are coming in nicely.

I also don't see some wrinkles as a negative, as my face needs some ruggedness. I only have one pronounced wrinkle under my right eye and that one is not very aesthetic though, but no reason to go full lookism over it :p.
Beard is a core feature for every babyface guy over 20. Since I don't shave, even with my shitty beard Dating women got waaaaaaaaaaay easier.
I was thinking about adding minoxidil to my beard as well but I already use it on my whole head. Not that Im afraid of minoxidil but that's just too much minoxidil for everyday use.

By the way how long you have to wait until its drys in your beard? What do you tell your girlfriend when she wants to kiss you or morning sex?

"Babe give me 30min for minoxidil to dry"

User avatar
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1730
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 3765
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: - 5% Minoxidil once a day and Head & Shoulders caffeine shampoo
- Discontinued due to lack of results: Stemoxydine and dermarolling
Location: Belgium
Age: 29
Contact:

Re: Youthmaxing?

Post by Admin » 10 months ago

JasonStatham wrote:
10 months ago
Beard is a core feature for every babyface guy over 20. Since I don't shave, even with my shitty beard Dating women got waaaaaaaaaaay easier.
I was thinking about adding minoxidil to my beard as well but I already use it on my whole head. Not that Im afraid of minoxidil but that's just too much minoxidil for everyday use.

By the way how long you have to wait until its drys in your beard? What do you tell your girlfriend when she wants to kiss you or morning sex?

"Babe give me 30min for minoxidil to dry"
I use the foam so it dries very fast. I tell her "oh shit it was still wet, now you're going to grow a mustache" and then she hits me, but she doesn't care, really :p.

User avatar
Rudiger
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 992
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 2632
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: Finasteride, Dutasteride, minoxidil, Biotin, Dermarolling, Nizoral

Re: Youthmaxing?

Post by Rudiger » 10 months ago

JasonStatham wrote:
10 months ago
I would say the best thing you can do to stay "young" is very basic and simple:

- don't smoke
- don't take drugs
- don't sunbathe
- try to minimize stress

That's it.

Especialy smoking makes you look like shit.
Argument: obliterated

Image
~get 1k likes and party~ 8-)

User avatar
JasonStatham
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 915
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 2022
Norwood: NW3.5

Re: Youthmaxing?

Post by JasonStatham » 10 months ago

Rudiger wrote:
10 months ago
Argument: obliterated

Image
You will always find examples that fit your opinion.

By the way, if this bloke would shave his sides as well and fixes his horrible teeth and reduce his body fat, he would look 50 times better. He is a prime example for letting it go. You can "let it go" a bit when you have a full head of hair, but with this horseshoe hair you simply have to looksmaxx everything else. That's the black pill reality which Admin explained very well somewhere above.

Oh and why before/after pics are always with different angles. Fucking useless if you have horrible teeth and not show it in your first but in your second.

User avatar
Rudiger
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 992
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 2632
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: Finasteride, Dutasteride, minoxidil, Biotin, Dermarolling, Nizoral

Re: Youthmaxing?

Post by Rudiger » 10 months ago

JasonStatham wrote:
10 months ago
You will always find examples that fit your opinion.
That's part of the joke breh.

But I found that randomly searching "smoking before and after" while seeing your post (but by the way there was nothing too definitive from first glance at other pictures) but who in their right mind thought to show an After picture of a guy who became NW6?! Never mind as you say, the weight and fixing his bad teeth.

It's the stuff of parody that one of us would invent as a meme, but no, it really is on some website "look how much better he is from quitting smoking!" Unbelievable
~get 1k likes and party~ 8-)

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest