Old man still considered attractive - gee, I wonder why?

Discuss safe bets to mitigate the impact of hair loss: weightlifting, skin care, teeth whitening etc.
Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Re: Old man still considered attractive - gee, I wonder why?

Post by Afro_Vacancy » 1 year ago

rclark wrote:
1 year ago
It's definitely more than half. This is a study with men between thirty and fifty.

There was 1005 men, and 58% had it.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2938575/
This looks like a reasonable study. Thank you.

~75% of men are balding by age 45. That is a lot more consistent with daily observations than the previous claim that only half are balding by age 50.
PhD in Internalized Incelism.

I had a hair transplant operation with the clinic of Dr. Emrah Cinik in Istanbul, with 2750 grafts being mostly placed in the front. It was a success both for general aesthetics and general well-being, and I encourage others to do the same.

That Guy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW2.5

Post by That Guy » 1 year ago

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
1 year ago
This looks like a reasonable study. Thank you.

~75% of men are balding by age 45. That is a lot more consistent with daily observations than the previous claim that only half are balding by age 50.
Except, once again, that's not the claim that rclark made.

He said the study said "half of all men are bald after 50"

I said "No they aren't, half are said to have "some degree" and some degree is not "Bald".

rclark
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Dustasteride 0.5 milligrams daily, Finasteride 1mg topical, Progesterone 2% (22mg daily), Minoxidil 15% hair growth only).
Using 1.5 mm needle on all bald/balding areas weekly.

Post by rclark » 1 year ago

That Guy wrote:
1 year ago
Except, once again, that's not the claim that rclark made.

He said the study said "half of all men are bald after 50"

I said "No they aren't, half are said to have "some degree" and some degree is not "Bald".
Alright, I meant balding.

You sound like a lawyer. Give it a rest.
Last edited by rclark 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
Think happy thoughts.

Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Post by Afro_Vacancy » 1 year ago

What I originally objected to was this statement:
That Guy wrote:
1 year ago
It says that "more than 50 percent of men over age 50 have some degree of hair loss."

"Some degree" is anywhere from early nw2 to nw7
"More than 50%" is a drastic understatement. The study quoted further down the thread gives a much more plausible number, ~75% of men are balding by age 45.

I had a hair transplant operation with the clinic of Dr. Emrah Cinik in Istanbul, with 2750 grafts being mostly placed in the front. It was a success both for general aesthetics and general well-being, and I encourage others to do the same.

That Guy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

Post by That Guy » 1 year ago

rclark wrote:
1 year ago
Alright, I meant balding.

You sould like a lawyer. Give it a rest.
What you mean to say and actually said are not the same. It does matter.

rclark
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Dustasteride 0.5 milligrams daily, Finasteride 1mg topical, Progesterone 2% (22mg daily), Minoxidil 15% hair growth only).
Using 1.5 mm needle on all bald/balding areas weekly.

Post by rclark » 1 year ago

That Guy wrote:
1 year ago
What you mean to say and actually said are not the same. It does matter.

मैं अंग्रेजी नहीं समझ सकता
Think happy thoughts.

EvilLocks
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW5
Regimen: Nada

Post by EvilLocks » 10 months ago

That Guy wrote:
1 year ago
Just saw someone share this little gem on social media

I am approximately 1/3 of his age and I would never date him, and I prefer older men. I can see he is attractive for his age, but there comes a point where the age difference is too big even for me. He could probably land a 40 year old though :lol: Or maybe some extreme gold digger younger than that.

That Guy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

Post by That Guy » 10 months ago

EvilLocks wrote:
10 months ago
I am approximately 1/3 of his age and I would never date him, and I prefer older men. I can see he is attractive for his age, but there comes a point where the age difference is too big even for me. He could probably land a 40 year old though :lol: Or maybe some extreme gold digger younger than that.
How much of a difference is acceptable, to you?

EvilLocks
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

That Guy wrote:
10 months ago
For me, personally, up to 20yrs. But preferably, approx. 5-10yrs. My fiancé is 5 years older than me and to me it's perfect. But it depends on the person. I would probably never date anyone more than 20yrs older than myself, as a general rule.
My girlfriends are all disgusted by older men though, and they gave me so much sh*t for previously dating someone who was 15yrs older. But I also know of lots of girls who prefer older, but I don't know of many women in their teens or 20s who would date someone in their 50s or 60s+, unless there was something to gain financially.

koolaidshade
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Regimen: semen retention, real social dynamics, 12 rules for life

Post by koolaidshade » 10 months ago

EvilLocks wrote:
10 months ago
For me, personally, up to 20yrs. But preferably, approx. 5-10yrs. My fiancé is 5 years older than me and to me it's perfect. But it depends on the person. I would probably never date anyone more than 20yrs older than myself, as a general rule.
My girlfriends are all disgusted by older men though, and they gave me so much sh*t for previously dating someone who was 15yrs older. But I also know of lots of girls who prefer older, but I don't know of many women in their teens or 20s who would date someone in their 50s or 60s+, unless there was something to gain financially.
What if they looked around your age but were a lot older?

Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

Post by Afro_Vacancy » 10 months ago

EvilLocks wrote:
10 months ago
Congratulations on the engagement !

EvilLocks
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
10 months ago
Congratulations on the engagement !
Thank you! :thumbup: I'm getting married in less than a month now so getting a bit nervous-excited lol :lol:

Added in 7 minutes 46 seconds:
koolaidshade wrote:
10 months ago
What if they looked around your age but were a lot older?
That's extremely rare if not impossible to be 20+ years older than someone but look the same age. Even if someone stays fit, has good skin, dresses well etc. they have this certain maturity about their appearance that someone <20+yrs would not have. Also it's not just about looks for me, it's also about where a person is at in life. Someone 30yrs older would be at a completely different stage in life, and their health could possibly start to decline in just a few years. If I married someone 30yrs older, I would likely be a widow for the last 30yrs of my life.
If George Clooney wanted a one night stand with me (if I were single, of course!), would I say no? Probably not. But would I start a relationship with a man that age? No way.
My take is that a lot of girls/women like older men, but most girls/women don't like old men (unless they are old themselves). Most have an age range they roughly stick to, but of course there are exceptions. ;)

Edit: I also wanted to include, what is ''old'' to a person depends on their age. "Old" to me is someone in their 50s and beyond (I'm 26), while "old" to someone who's 18 is probably a lot less than that.

Xexos
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW1.5
Regimen: White women

Post by Xexos » 10 months ago

Mogs me
You're a shit tier dumb poster - earth is flat etc. Reminds me of the clueless aunt, uncle John was good, the kids always loved him, this is a shock to us. -Wolf Nutsack, 2020

blackg
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

Post by blackg » 10 months ago

That Guy wrote:
10 months ago
Stop flirting.
Moore/Trump 2020