Facial mole removal

Discuss safe bets to mitigate the impact of hair loss: weightlifting, skin care, teeth whitening etc.
Arjen
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW5
Regimen: Shaving

Facial mole removal

Post by Arjen » Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:39 am

Has anyone here considered or had a mole removal done? Although my skin is far from perfect, I‘ve never visited a dermatologist who could advise on what‘s possible these days. Since I‘m mainly thinking about facial removals, my main concern is obviously with scarring.

That Guy
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Norwood: NW2.5

Re: Facial mole removal

Post by That Guy » Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:54 am

I don't have any on my face, but one on my chest that I've always had that I'm going to have removed eventually.

From anything I've looked into online about it, it seems that scarring is not really a huge issue. Besides, I'd rather put up with a tiny scar. I have enough scars, so what's one more?

shadylane
Hair Loss Novice
Hair Loss Novice
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: Minoxdil, Zinc Thymulin, Keto Cream, Derminator

Post by shadylane » Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:05 am

I had 2 removed from my face on the NHS, initially it was only meant to be one but I just asked when I was there to have another removed too.
I had one near my nose and another lower down that was catching when I was shaving, they were not that big but they seemed to look bigger in the summer.

It's totally painless but they freeze them and you are left with noticeable black hole which fades to a light pinkish red colour, eventually it dissapears.
I forgot I had this done until you mentioned it, I sort of missed having the moles for a short while after it strangely enough.

Arjen
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Post by Arjen » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:09 am

shadylane wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:05 am
It's totally painless but they freeze them and you are left with noticeable black hole which fades to a light pinkish red colour, eventually it dissapears.
That sounds great to me. I have to confess, I've always been more even more concerned with any moles than my heavy balding, to the extent that I avoid looking into the mirror in bright light or taking selfies from close range etc.. I need to consult a dermatologist anayways, as my nose has been reddish for a while now, so I might be able to bring this up.
Also, when I shave, even rather small moles on the side of my skull sometimes bother me more than the fact that I'm bald.
I've always held the belief that the scars would be visible even long-term, but then, all I ever got were some family doctor's opinion who probably didn't even perform the freezing thing, so...

Do you happen to know if it's possible to have basically any mole (no matter their consistency, size etc.) removed as long as they are not malign? That would become quite costly, but I'd definitely consider a thorough "cleanup". :P

Arjen
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Post by Arjen » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:12 am

That Guy wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:54 am
I don't have any on my face, but one on my chest that I've always had that I'm going to have removed eventually.

From anything I've looked into online about it, it seems that scarring is not really a huge issue. Besides, I'd rather put up with a tiny scar. I have enough scars, so what's one more?
Also in your face? How come, if I may ask.

JasonStatham
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW3.5

Post by JasonStatham » Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:33 am

Last year I removed some small "atherom" (don't look it up)I had on the top of my head which I did not care because it was small and hidden behind my hair but I thought I'm gonna pull off the buzzed look and went to remove it.

I went to a doctor in Zürich City and he was very good. You don't see any scaring nothing and the whole process took him like 5min. He also removes moles. Was very professional guy. If you want to remove a mole perfectly, I recommend him.

shadylane
Hair Loss Novice
Hair Loss Novice
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: Minoxdil, Zinc Thymulin, Keto Cream, Derminator

Post by shadylane » Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:48 pm

Arjen wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:09 am
That sounds great to me. I have to confess, I've always been more even more concerned with any moles than my heavy balding, to the extent that I avoid looking into the mirror in bright light or taking selfies from close range etc.. I need to consult a dermatologist anayways, as my nose has been reddish for a while now, so I might be able to bring this up.
Also, when I shave, even rather small moles on the side of my skull sometimes bother me more than the fact that I'm bald.
I've always held the belief that the scars would be visible even long-term, but then, all I ever got were some family doctor's opinion who probably didn't even perform the freezing thing, so...

Do you happen to know if it's possible to have basically any mole (no matter their consistency, size etc.) removed as long as they are not malign? That would become quite costly, but I'd definitely consider a thorough "cleanup". :P
Usually on the NHS there is a supposed to be a valid reason for having something like this removed, I basically just said it was itching and I was catching it with may shaving blade. They didn't seem to be that concerned though and just asked if want it removed and when I was at the appointment I asked him to remove another one and he said no problem.

There have been cases here of people getting nose jobs, boob jobs etc on the NHS by claiming it was causing them depression. Makes me think I should I be entitled to a hair transplant. ;)

That Guy
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Norwood: NW2.5

Post by That Guy » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:13 am

Arjen wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:12 am
Also in your face? How come, if I may ask.
Childhood injuries, recently sliced my hand on a bottle, I got slashed with a knife when I was a kid, etc.

rclark
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Finasteride 1 mg daily, Progesterone 2% (22mg daily), Minoxidil (15% AM/30%PM/ faster hair growth only).
Using 1.5 mm needle on all bald/balding areas weekly.

Post by rclark » Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:07 pm

Had two removed, but not on my face. The one actually grew back, and is on a place
I can't show pictures of.