Are braces worth it?

Discuss safe bets to mitigate the impact of hair loss: weightlifting, skin care, teeth whitening etc.
Johnt1997
Hair Loss Newbie
Hair Loss Newbie
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: Propecia - 0.5mg/day
Minoxidil - 5 & 12.5%
Regenepure shampoo

Are braces worth it?

Post by Johnt1997 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:23 pm

I've been to see an orthodontist twice this year to talk about getting braces fitted. I have an overdevelopment issue in my lower jaw that has caused a slight underbite aswell as crowding in my top row giving me crooked teeth.
The surgery took pictures and am xray today, what do yous think, is it worth correcting? I take good care of my teeth otherwise so it would make sense to fix whatever else i can
Attachments
Screenshot_20181108-113100_Snapchat-270x555.jpg
Screenshot_20181108-113100_Snapchat-270x555.jpg (40.43 KiB) Viewed 119 times

Rudiger
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Regimen: Finasteride, Dutasteride, minoxidil, Biotin, Dermarolling, Nizoral

Re: Are braces worth it?

Post by Rudiger » Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:21 pm

I mean it's kinda hard to tell, like inspecting a Norwood from a picture thats an inch from the temple. I guess it sort of depends on how the teeth match up to your smile/mouth or something.

I think they look fine but I don't really know.
~get 1k likes and party~ 8-)

Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Post by Afro_Vacancy » Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:25 pm

Johnt1997 wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:23 pm
I've been to see an orthodontist twice this year to talk about getting braces fitted. I have an overdevelopment issue in my lower jaw that has caused a slight underbite aswell as crowding in my top row giving me crooked teeth.
The surgery took pictures and am xray today, what do yous think, is it worth correcting? I take good care of my teeth otherwise so it would make sense to fix whatever else i can
They look fine in that photo.

We also don't know your financial situation and your general aesthetics. If you're a billionaire, and you look perfect across the board with the exception of your teeth, then yes it's worth it. On the other hand, if you have a working class income and several things that you could be investing in, then it might not be.

Pat
Hair Loss Novice
Hair Loss Novice
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Dutasteride, minoxidil, ketokonazole, dermarolling.

Post by Pat » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:12 pm

Overdeveloped jaw sounds like a good thing, and you’re teeth aren’t bad. I’d say it’s not worth the time as a braceface during extremely crucial years of your life, even taking money out of the equation.

JasonStatham
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW3.5

Post by JasonStatham » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:09 am

Johnt1997 wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:23 pm
I think you already made your decision if you went twice.
You have nice teeth and I don't think it will make a big difference in looks if you fixe it, but if it's on your mind a lot and you have the money, why not? I had braces when I was a kid and it was a pain in the ass but at least I have one less problem now as an adult. But in my case I had 5 times worse teeth than yours.

Johnt1997
Hair Loss Newbie
Hair Loss Newbie
Regimen: Propecia - 0.5mg/day
Minoxidil - 5 & 12.5%
Regenepure shampoo

Post by Johnt1997 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:39 am

Another factor that's pushing me towards getting them is wisdom teeth: due to the crowding i would have complications if they were ever to appear, now this does not sound fun at all. Having teeth removed as part of brace treatment would solve this issue

rclark
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Finasteride 1 mg daily, Progesterone 2% (22mg daily), Minoxidil (15% AM/30%PM/ faster hair growth only).
Using 1.5 mm needle on all bald/balding areas every day.
This is the hairline and entire vertex area.

Post by rclark » Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:05 am

I think Dentists just do things to get money. My teeth aren't yellow, but they're not "glow
in the dark white" either. Every visit, usually a dentist who is "part time" (doing other things
to get money, or staying home with kids) always asks me about bleeching. That or they
have a big family (six kids), so they seem to always find "cavities" that other dentists
can't find.

In the United States, having the "perfect" teeth is a huge deal. People bleach their teeth
all the time, and do things that hurt the enamel and weaken them.

The picture on the image isn't that bad.

Wisdom teeth rarely rupture the mouth either.

Taking them out isn't a bad operation, but I just can't take a D