Sunscreen recommendations

Discuss safe bets to mitigate the impact of hair loss: weightlifting, skin care, teeth whitening etc.
koolaidshade
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: semen retention, real social dynamics, 12 rules for life

Re: Sunscreen recommendations

Post by koolaidshade » 1 week ago

Xexos wrote:
1 week ago
Is that you ?
on a good day yes

Xexos
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW1.5
Regimen: Finasteride 1.25 MG ED .. Tea Tree Shampoo 3x a week

Post by Xexos » 1 week ago

koolaidshade wrote:
1 week ago
on a good day yes
Are you sure it's a good day ?

koolaidshade
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie

Post by koolaidshade » 6 days ago

EvilLocks wrote:
1 week ago
I am using a variety of sunscreens actually, this one + the Bioré one among others. Those two are still my favorites for the face.
The missha sebum zero sunscreen leaves such a white chalky cast on my face, and actually kinda dries it out.

Returning it and getting the 2019 edition of the biore uv watery gel, hopefully its still good despite all the reviews

EvilLocks
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Norwood: NW5
Regimen: Nada

Post by EvilLocks » 6 days ago

Dont get the gel, its white and sticky. Get the watery essence.
Also missha zero sebum isnt the one i recommended!
En får væra som en er når'n itte vart som en sku :thumbup:

koolaidshade
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie

Post by koolaidshade » 5 days ago

EvilLocks wrote:
6 days ago
Dont get the gel, its white and sticky. Get the watery essence.
Also missha zero sebum isnt the one i recommended!
I know the missha zero sebum wasnt the one you recommended, but i thought it would be useful for me since my skin gets really oily and shiny in the middle of the day. i should've read the ingredients and saw that it was a physical sunscreen with the zinc/titanium oxides and those leave a white cast.

and shit, i already ordered the gel.

which edition of the biore aqua are you using? 2019? is the watery essence a yellow liquid for you?

EvilLocks
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast

Post by EvilLocks » 5 days ago

koolaidshade wrote:
5 days ago
I know the missha zero sebum wasnt the one you recommended, but i thought it would be useful for me since my skin gets really oily and shiny in the middle of the day. i should've read the ingredients and saw that it was a physical sunscreen with the zinc/titanium oxides and those leave a white cast.

and shit, i already ordered the gel.

which edition of the biore aqua are you using? 2019? is the watery essence a yellow liquid for you?

I purchased the 2019 gel and its different from the 2017 version that i previously loved and used. Really sticky and patchy, also white cast. I will use it on my body though so I'm not wasting any money, you could try that if you don't like it on your face? I have used the 2017 version of the essence up until now, have ordered the 2019 version but it has yet to arrive. Sincerely hoping its not as crappy as the 2019 gel. But i feel like reviews are more positive for 2019 essence than 2019 gel.
The 2017 watery essence is yellow yes

koolaidshade
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie

Post by koolaidshade » 4 days ago

EvilLocks wrote:
5 days ago
I purchased the 2019 gel and its different from the 2017 version that i previously loved and used. Really sticky and patchy, also white cast. I will use it on my body though so I'm not wasting any money, you could try that if you don't like it on your face? I have used the 2017 version of the essence up until now, have ordered the 2019 version but it has yet to arrive. Sincerely hoping its not as crappy as the 2019 gel. But i feel like reviews are more positive for 2019 essence than 2019 gel.
The 2017 watery essence is yellow yes
I have a few doses left of the 2017 watery essence.

I just received the 2019 watery gel in the mail, tried it on and although its sticky and looks white at first, it can be rubbed in and doesnt leave a residue. I also have tan skin and feel that this product is almost like the 2017 essence

I will get the 2019 watery essence soon and will also try that. I just didnt want to order more of the 2017 stuff since i'm not sure when it expires

by the way have you ever used expired tretinoin? I have a tube that i got while on my parent's insurance for $10, but it expired a month ago. With my new insurance, tretinoin costs around $120 a tube if it's not covered. I'd have to fill the Rx to know if its covered but most likely it will not

A lot of plastic surgeons and dermatologists on realself.com, as well as MDs elsewhere, state that some topical medicals do retain most of their effectiveness even after their expiration date. I'm not sure if this means i should just use a smidgen more of the tretinoin on my face each time.

EvilLocks
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast

Post by EvilLocks » 4 days ago

koolaidshade wrote:
4 days ago
I have a few doses left of the 2017 watery essence.

I just received the 2019 watery gel in the mail, tried it on and although its sticky and looks white at first, it can be rubbed in and doesnt leave a residue. I also have tan skin and feel that this product is almost like the 2017 essence

I will get the 2019 watery essence soon and will also try that. I just didnt want to order more of the 2017 stuff since i'm not sure when it expires

by the way have you ever used expired tretinoin? I have a tube that i got while on my parent's insurance for $10, but it expired a month ago. With my new insurance, tretinoin costs around $120 a tube if it's not covered. I'd have to fill the Rx to know if its covered but most likely it will not

A lot of plastic surgeons and dermatologists on realself.com, as well as MDs elsewhere, state that some topical medicals do retain most of their effectiveness even after their expiration date. I'm not sure if this means i should just use a smidgen more of the tretinoin on my face each time.
Good if you can make the 2019 gel work for you, I'm just very picky about what I put on my face... I've had alot of sunscreen fails but rarely throw them out, just use them on my neck, hands and chest or elsewhere on the body instead. I did purchase one sunscreen on the recommendation of Dr. Dray on YT that was absolutely awful, smelled like literal shit and left me with a permanent oil slick that never dried down, that one was so awful I trashed it lol.

I have never tried expired tretinoin no, I know it's extremely important to not pass expiration date with sunscreen but I don't know about tretinoin. I don't wanna take that chance myself though... I know you can still use vitamin C after it has started to turn yellow and that it won't harm you but the effectiveness will decrease the more yellow it turns.

koolaidshade
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie

Post by koolaidshade » 4 days ago

EvilLocks wrote:
4 days ago
I did purchase one sunscreen on the recommendation of Dr. Dray on YT
not to discredit Dr. Dray's work as a dermatologist, but everytime i see a thumbnail of her videos, i at first think she's giving her viewers advice on corpse embalming instead of skincare.

I'm not sure she has an eating disorder or something, and perhaps it is wrong for me to say this, but it is much more palatable to take skincare advice from someone who is old but has good skin, kind of like that 50 yr old lady that used tretinoin for decades.

EvilLocks
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast

Post by EvilLocks » 4 days ago

koolaidshade wrote:
4 days ago
not to discredit Dr. Dray's work as a dermatologist, but everytime i see a thumbnail of her videos, i at first think she's giving her viewers advice on corpse embalming instead of skincare.

I'm not sure she has an eating disorder or something, and perhaps it is wrong for me to say this, but it is much more palatable to take skincare advice from someone who is old but has good skin, kind of like that 50 yr old lady that used tretinoin for decades.
I completely agree, I rarely watch her videos as I find her voice annoying. She does not look healthy and seems neurotic. I only take her sunscreen recommendations sometimes because I feel like she knows a bit about that. But she's very extreme, a couple of times she rode her car with a face mask to protect from sun, it looked ridiculous and I think I'll stick with a normal hat lol. I feel like her obsession with staying away from the sun has reached an unhealthy level, she's probably an obsessive type of personality in all. I am very serious about sun protection too but at the same time I want to enjoy my life and not restrict myself to that extreme.

koolaidshade
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie

Post by koolaidshade » 2 days ago

got the watery essence. it is yellowish and applies/feels like the 2017 edition. The essence is less white/stickier than the gel so I guess ill keep it.

by the way i ran the batch codes of the 2019 essence on https://cosmetic.momoko.hk/ and it seems legit, manufactured only a couple months ago. I ran my 2017 essence on it and it says it was manufactured in 2018. Maybe they never came out with a 2018 edition and just kept producing the 2017 into its succeeding year, I don't know

EvilLocks
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast

Post by EvilLocks » 2 days ago

koolaidshade wrote:
2 days ago
got the watery essence. it is yellowish and applies/feels like the 2017 edition. The essence is less white/stickier than the gel so I guess ill keep it.

by the way i ran the batch codes of the 2019 essence on https://cosmetic.momoko.hk/ and it seems legit, manufactured only a couple months ago. I ran my 2017 essence on it and it says it was manufactured in 2018. Maybe they never came out with a 2018 edition and just kept producing the 2017 into its succeeding year, I don't know
I just got the 2019 essence in the mail too and tried it on for the first time today. It's not exactly the same as the 2017 edition but it's not a bad thing, I really like it so far. I'm wearing the 2019 essence on my face today and the 2019 gel on my body, feels great.
Thanks for the link, that could come in handy :)