Would you get or have you gotten plastic surgery?

Discuss safe bets to mitigate the impact of hair loss: weightlifting, skin care, teeth whitening etc.
User avatar
That Guy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1122
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 2132
Norwood: NW2.5

Re: Would you get or have you gotten plastic surgery?

Post by That Guy » 2 months ago

Hanginginthewire wrote:
2 months ago
The question was have you ever participated in/financed/given your blessing to an abortion. No one cares about your tedious views on anything.
"I don't care about your 'tedious views' but I'm still asking." K.

And no, I haven't participated in, financed, or given blessing to an abortion.

User avatar
koolaidshade
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Posts: 250
Joined: 11 months ago
Reputation: 351
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: semen retention, real social dynamics, 12 rules for life

Re: Would you get or have you gotten plastic surgery?

Post by koolaidshade » 2 months ago

Hairblues wrote:
2 months ago
My esthetician used her and I loved how her lips looked really natural. That was how I first started to see her.

I think with injectables it’s really about having a good eye as well as proper training for health and safety. Like in some areas they need to switch needles because we are more vascular. So if not a blunt needle or ccannula you can hit a vessel etc so it is important to see someone who understands the needles as well as the product and not all products work the same and some are better for one area vs another.

Example under the eye is tricky and someone should never use juviderm there because it will look swollen where restalyne or bolettro sits better there. But restalyne can look blue there.

I don’t do under my eyes nor my temples but I had researched it. It’s not an area that concerns me and it can actually look a lot worse if not done correctly.
oh ok.

i had 0.5 cc voluma on each of my cheekbones and it turned out alright. i have also had voluma on my jawline and chin. looking back, i probably should have researched if a blunt tip canula shouldve been used for the cheekbone since it is under the eye.

User avatar
Hairblues
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 936
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 1678
Norwood: NW1.5
Regimen: Topical minoxidil and finasteride

Re: Would you get or have you gotten plastic surgery?

Post by Hairblues » 2 months ago

koolaidshade wrote:
2 months ago
oh ok.

i had 0.5 cc voluma on each of my cheekbones and it turned out alright. i have also had voluma on my jawline and chin. looking back, i probably should have researched if a blunt tip canula shouldve been used for the cheekbone since it is under the eye.
If you’re seeing a plastic surgeon you have confidence in you are probably fine. I don’t want to fear monger. As it is I think fillers get such a bad reputation due to bad injectors or people over filling.

.5cc is very little. But I heard voluma is very dense in its outcome vs regular juviderm so it’s probably why they use less. I never used voluma. I know that’s supposed to be really good for cheeks but I think it would make mine too big. But I think it’s a great product.

User avatar
koolaidshade
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Posts: 250
Joined: 11 months ago
Reputation: 351
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: semen retention, real social dynamics, 12 rules for life

Re: Would you get or have you gotten plastic surgery?

Post by koolaidshade » 2 months ago

Hairblues wrote:
2 months ago
If you’re seeing a plastic surgeon you have confidence in you are probably fine. I don’t want to fear monger. As it is I think fillers get such a bad reputation due to bad injectors or people over filling.

.5cc is very little. But I heard voluma is very dense in its outcome vs regular juviderm so it’s probably why they use less. I never used voluma. I know that’s supposed to be really good for cheeks but I think it would make mine too big. But I think it’s a great product.
I'm pretty confident in my current injector. I even asked if he had hyaluronidase(sp?) on hand in case. My only concern/complaint is that I feel I am not getting the best possible results, like sometimes i wonder if a nurse or physician's assistant with a knack for male facial aesthetics would do a better job.

These results are good here (nose job not included):


User avatar
Exodus
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Posts: 324
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 473
Norwood: NW6
Regimen: nothing

Re: Would you get or have you gotten plastic surgery?

Post by Exodus » 2 months ago

koolaidshade wrote:
2 months ago
if you complain about being subhuman yet walk around with less than 5 cc of dermal filler in your face , you're not trying :lol:
what the hell. i thought you were supposed to be the normie. you expect people to walk around with cheek fillers like its not some creepy weirdo thing? especially incels?! lmfao

User avatar
EvilLocks
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Posts: 380
Joined: 8 months ago
Reputation: 1095
Norwood: NW5
Regimen: Nada

Re: Would you get or have you gotten plastic surgery?

Post by EvilLocks » 2 months ago

Exodus wrote:
2 months ago
what the hell. i thought you were supposed to be the normie. you expect people to walk around with cheek fillers like its not some creepy weirdo thing? especially incels?! lmfao
Cheek fillers can look awful too. Same with lip fillers. The thing is that people inject volume where there was no volume initially. Cheek fillers look good ONLY when used to treat the volume loss that has already happened. I see way too many 21-yr old women with puffy cheeks and duck lips nowadays, and what happens? They end up looking at least 5 years older than their age. I've seen some women in their early 20s with injected faces who look like they are in their 30s already.
Anyway, back to your point, it is definitely not the norm to walk around with face fillers as a guy! I don't know any guys with face fillers, unless they have been hiding it of course, but usually I'm pretty good at spotting someone with fillers.
Even the example provided above looks obviously injected, at least for the trained eye. I find that fillers in general is something to be VERY careful with. IF done right, and subtly, they can however look great!

27 yr old woman with fillers


27 yr old woman without apparent fillers
At Peace with the Piece 8-)

User avatar
koolaidshade
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Posts: 250
Joined: 11 months ago
Reputation: 351
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: semen retention, real social dynamics, 12 rules for life

Re: Would you get or have you gotten plastic surgery?

Post by koolaidshade » 2 months ago

Of course you shouldnt overdo fillers...

That being said, they can look pretty good when used around the jawline/chin, almost as good as a silastic implant. Results are pretty much instant after swelling goes down but it can also be easily reversed with hyaluronidase, for some fillers at least.

User avatar
Hairblues
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 936
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 1678
Norwood: NW1.5
Regimen: Topical minoxidil and finasteride

Re: Would you get or have you gotten plastic surgery?

Post by Hairblues » 2 months ago

I think if you’re using so little product and it’s a skilled injector it probably looks natural.

User avatar
EvilLocks
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Posts: 380
Joined: 8 months ago
Reputation: 1095
Norwood: NW5
Regimen: Nada

Re: Would you get or have you gotten plastic surgery?

Post by EvilLocks » 2 months ago

koolaidshade wrote:
2 months ago
Of course you shouldnt overdo fillers...
Yes, but the problem is that most people getting fillers seem to be less than critical of who they go to and the final result. I have seen countless cases of duck lips and puffy cheeks, both IRL and on social media.
I see way too many girls looking something like this:
Image
Of course there are good fillers too, but you truly have to see a skilled professional that knows the anatomy of the face and what looks good and what doesn't, to avoid ending up looking like the girl above.
At Peace with the Piece 8-)

User avatar
Hairblues
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 936
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 1678
Norwood: NW1.5
Regimen: Topical minoxidil and finasteride

Re: Would you get or have you gotten plastic surgery?

Post by Hairblues » 2 months ago

EvilLocks wrote:
2 months ago
Yes, but the problem is that most people getting fillers seem to be less than critical of who they go to and the final result. I have seen countless cases of duck lips and puffy cheeks, both IRL and on social media.
I see way too many girls looking something like this:
Image
Of course there are good fillers too, but you truly have to see a skilled professional that knows the anatomy of the face and what looks good and what doesn't, to avoid ending up looking like the girl above.
I know someone who did her lips and they used silicone. It looked so bad a few years later. She did it in someone’s house NOT a docitor and she is very financially well off which is crazy to me. It was more that she didn’t do her research and she liked the idea of not having to go back periodically for touch ups. Which the first year with lip filler is annoying because you have to do a little at a time every few months if you want it to look natural.

I always felt a little bad because she started doing it because I did it (not like copying me but she took the plunge after I did it because she liked how it looked) anyway she started with my dermatologist but Went to that woman’s house when it was time for a touch up. Also she was having friends say to her that they couldn’t see a difference and she was wasting her money (never listen to your friends). BUT in beginning the difference is supposed to be very subtle and you go up gradually if you want that.
And this person didn’t have the patience for that so she ruined her lips and eventually had to have some of the silicone surgically removed.

I had a few conversation with dermatologist and they will have women come in and ‘want’ that fake over done look. They refuse to do it because they feel it’s unethical but I’m sure some doctors eat it up because each syringe is like $700 (where I live) So if someone comes in for 4 syringes that’s $2800. Completely unethical but lucrative.
But it’s like a mental illness or something that they believe that obviously bad work looks good.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests