Male virginity in Western culture

Since hair loss and dating are closely intertwined: discuss how to improve your chances with women.
Exodus
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW6
Regimen: nothing

Post by Exodus » 3 weeks ago

Guest-4 wrote: 3 weeks ago Science is a lot like art. It emerges from our desire to see and to seek and to create beauty in the world, and to understand it. It is a labour of love. Beauty is something that mathematicians and physicists talk about when they discover new relations, and they implicitly assume that better solutions are more likely to be elegant.

The same thing that most sets our sense of beauty when looking at faces - symmetry - is what motivates physicists and other scientists in understanding the world. Emmy Noether is considered one of the greatest physicists of the 20th century due to her brilliant work linking conservation laws to symmetries. Every conservation law in the universe is associated with a symmetry and vice versa. For example, the conservation of energy is due to the symmetry between the past and future.

I've never gotten the opportunity to see God, unfortunately. But one of my closest moments was when I went through and somehow understood the derivation of the Klein-Gordon equation. I was actually paying attention that week, when a professor showed us what happens when you merge quantum mechanics with special relativity. The Schroedinger equation (as in Schroedinger's cat) becomes the Klein-Gordon equation when you add a term for mass-energy equivalence and make the whole thing Lorentz-invariant. From the Klein Gordon equation we can then predict the existence of positively charged electrons as being equivalent to normal electrons travelling back in time. A few years later, the positron was discovered. I was in awe.

The other way to understand that art and science go together - the easier way - is to just look at history. For the most part, the societies that produce great art also produce great science and vice versa. Ancient Greece, Italy during the Renaissance, and Germany in the period 1850-1930, are three great examples. They both emerge from cultures where ideas can mix, where good ideas rise to the top, and where people are given the liberty to think. They produced both great art, great science, and great philosophy.

Part of that is due to the behavior of rich people. I have visited the palace of Florence. It's magnificent, and it used to house the Medici family. There's a room in there called the school of the world. At one point, old Leonardo Da Vinci and young Michaelangelo were working side by side. I heard that story, felt shivers, and almost cried. I wondered what they said to each other? Today, things work differently. Today's equivalents to the Medici such as Jeff Bezos, the Walton family, Peter Thiel, etc are into buying expensive homes, yachts, private jets, etc. If they find scientists, it is to reward already successful scientists, rather than to give a space to young talent as the Medici family did with Michaelangelo.

The United States is now in a period of decline and thus we are seeing symptoms. The quality of the science has dropped, it takes longer and longer to build new telescopes and new particle accelerators, the US can't even build fucking 5G, the F35 and the Boeing 737 Max can't fly safely, and a coronavirus vaccine might actually come from other countries. I am not knowledgeable enough to say if art as a whole is declining. I think that movies are declining, with a lot of the population only watching Marvel and Star Wars movies, with their cookie cutter narratives, repetitive plots, simplistic characters, unimaginative action scenes, Benneton-style diversity, corny jokes, and subtext-free dialogue. The best movies are made by non-Americans, with Netflix being the only American studio that still consistently values screenwriting. I don't know if the same is true of architecture, paintings, music, and novels.
emmy sounds like an sjw fantasy. im going to google her and try to get the truth

shivered and cried at that story of da vinci and michelangelo? you sound like you're putting on a air of being all civilized and cultured lol. sounds like a story

Added in 2 minutes 13 seconds:
That Guy wrote: 3 weeks ago Lol everyone knows of my beliefs and guess what? Most sympathize with them. They want you gone too, but don't have the balls to say it.

You're the crybaby jerking off over video games and wishing that women liked you.
i sympathize with your beliefs, at least the motivations behind them. come on You even said yourself I was one of the few you liked here. I just think you go too far.

and I apologize for the insults I was just curious how you would react

Arjen
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW5
Regimen: Shaving

Post by Arjen » 3 weeks ago

Exodus wrote: 3 weeks ago emmy sounds like an sjw fantasy. im going to google her and try to get the truth

shivered and cried at that story of da vinci and michelangelo? you sound like you're putting on a air of being all civilized and cultured lol. sounds like a story
you seem more cultured, because you at least spelled the name correctly.
Even afro has seen the women I've dated and can affirm that they arent 3s or 4s.

blackg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by blackg » 3 weeks ago

Arjen wrote: 3 weeks ago you seem more cultured, because you at least spelled the name correctly.
I didn't notice.
Straight outta Del Boca Vista!

Arjen
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

blackg wrote: 3 weeks agoI didn't notice.
Mods should be checking for and correcting typos😤
Even afro has seen the women I've dated and can affirm that they arent 3s or 4s.

blackg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Exodus wrote: 3 weeks ago shivered and cried at that story of da vinci and michelangelo? you sound like you're putting on a air of being all civilized and cultured lol. sounds like a story
I can understand Afro's emotion. Great art, in this case a great story, can make some of us quite emotional.

Added in 4 minutes 18 seconds:
Arjen wrote: 3 weeks ago Mods should be checking for and correcting typos😤
So the "d" in da Vinci is not capitalized, is that right?

Afro should know better. I haven't got time for this!
Last edited by blackg 3 weeks ago, edited 1 time in total.

Arjen
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

blackg wrote: 3 weeks ago I can understand Afro's emotion. Great art, or in this case great stories, can make some of us quite emotional.
I‘m a simpleton, I get more emotional about food 🌮 🇲🇽

blackg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Arjen wrote: 3 weeks ago I‘m a simpleton, I get more emotional about food 🌮 🇲🇽
Taco and a Mexican flag (I think). I like it!

Added in 13 minutes 31 seconds:
Exodus wrote: 3 weeks ago and I apologize (@That Guy) for the insults I was just curious how you would react
Don't apologize to that androgynous 80's rock degenerate. There is only one thing people like him understand: more makeup!

Guest-4
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Post by Guest-4 » 3 weeks ago

That Guy wrote: 3 weeks ago You should read "The Decline & Fall of Western Art" by Brendan Heard sometime.
Thank you, I'll check it out on Amazon.

What increased my interest in the subject was finding out that something similar happened in Rome. It's been noted that as the empire declined, the quality of the art including that of a lot of the statues declined. I assume that Mr. Heard knows this, given that he named his book after the Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire.
Exodus wrote: 3 weeks ago emmy sounds like an sjw fantasy. im going to google her and try to get the truth

I shivered and almost cried. Absolutely. I believe that this may sound ridiculous in the abstract, but the palace of Florence is one of the most beautiful buildings in the world, in one of the most beautiful cities in the world.

If anybody visits Florence and is not emotional, they should go see a psychiatrist.

Exodus
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW6
Regimen: nothing

Post by Exodus » 3 weeks ago

blackg wrote: 3 weeks ago I can understand Afro's emotion. Great art, in this case a great story, can make some of us quite emotional.

Added in 4 minutes 18 seconds:

So the "d" in da Vinci is not capitalized, is that right?

Afro should know better. I haven't got time for this!
i get emotional about art too, i'm obsessed with fictional universes and creating characters and making up scenarios in my head, and i easily cry during my favorite movies such as lion king or the lord of the rings trilogy or my favorite music such as the star wars OST. but he specifically says this high class thing is what made him cry, its the kind of shit that wud be on a james bond movie lol. he sounds like he's trying to impress the academic liberal wine snob NPR listening crowd.

blackg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Well, each to his own.

That Guy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW2.5

Post by That Guy » 3 weeks ago

Guest-4 wrote: 3 weeks ago Thank you, I'll check it out on Amazon.

What increased my interest in the subject was finding out that something similar happened in Rome. It's been noted that as the empire declined, the quality of the art including that of a lot of the statues declined. I assume that Mr. Heard knows this, given that he named his book after the Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire.
Well, as I recall, he has a master's in art and it was his experiences in art education that inspired him to write the book, chronicling the history of art decline and how to fix it.

He does talk a lot about Greek and Roman art in it as well.

He also talks about the fact that many artists were also scientists and vice versa in the past, but due to the decline in art, many in the scientific field today do not see the value in it as they once did.

He uses guys like Christopher Wren as examples of accomplished scientists and artists in the past. For example, it was once, in many western countries, essentially an expectation that architects would also possess sculptural skill. That has been lost pretty much entirely, and today you're just expected to build the same "practical", glass-tower buildings.

Guest-4
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Post by Guest-4 » 3 weeks ago

That Guy wrote: 3 weeks ago Well, as I recall, he has a master's in art and it was his experiences in art education that inspired him to write the book, chronicling the history of art decline and how to fix it.

He does talk a lot about Greek and Roman art in it as well.

He also talks about the fact that many artists were also scientists and vice versa in the past, but due to the decline in art, many in the scientific field today do not see the value in it as they once did.

He uses guys like Christopher Wren as examples of accomplished scientists and artists in the past. For example, it was once, in many western countries, essentially an expectation that architects would also possess sculptural skill. That has been lost pretty much entirely, and today you're just expected to build the same "practical", glass-tower buildings.

Sounds interesting, I ordered it.

Meanwhile, Times Square:

That Guy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW2.5

Post by That Guy » 3 weeks ago

Guest-4 wrote: 3 weeks ago Sounds interesting, I ordered it.

Meanwhile, Times Square:

blackg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

I love Times Square. That McDonald's sign is a western cultural tradition and long may it reign.

Wire
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW7
Regimen: Overeat

Post by Wire » 3 weeks ago

Guest-4 wrote: 3 weeks ago If anybody visits Florence and is not emotional, they should go see a psychiatrist.
I've never been moved much by any city.
Only place I felt a little bit moved was in Berlin at checkpoint Charlie.