Female tries Tinder as average male

Since hair loss and dating are closely intertwined: discuss how to improve your chances with women.
Rudiger
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: Finasteride, RU58841, minoxidil, Biotin, Dermarolling, Nizoral

Post by Rudiger » 1 month ago

Some highlights for me-
-1:25 she feels it will be easy
-2:50 the pics he's using
-4:45 her frustration at 2 word replies or ghosting, says she asked a girl out "who was lucky to be asked out!" because she didn't put in effort with him xD (imagine a male having this attitude to online dating)
-6:43 is Day 5 of her blog and a summary of her previous days, Day 1-3 had positive notes, she's practically given up already, 1 match on Day 4+5, 0 matches Day 6.
-8:20 talks about her depression doing this and acknowledges "and it's not even me", kinda funny/sad
-9:40 barely any replies from matches and how she literally doesn't understand why women don't reply on Tinder but guys ALWAYS do (lol!)
-11:00 even further black pill that he only did "this good" because it's a new account on Tinder which they initially promote. From there she seems genuinely emotional (to me) at how deflating the experience is

I thought it was interesting to see how clueless the average female is to online dating, not a surprising video to those of you trying Tinder or being aware of those who do use it.

What's worse is- he actually does better than expected from what the comments wrote, and what he the youtuber himself expected. I would have liked seeing closer pics of the girls he matched with, the girl did admit some were "less attractive" but of course she's on a youtube video so she's being nice as possible, were they like, 2/10's? Obese?

It would explain why she's just that deflated, she probably thinks her good looking friend would get a good looking girl easily, instead matches are few and far between, the matches are of terrible quality, and on top of that- they don't even reply! At the end of the video he says that 7 women agreed to go on dates, which I understand is really successful for an average guy in a week, however we don't know the quality of these women.

I actually like the woman in the video (can't believe she's 18 though?!) because of her empathy levels and understanding, however she is naive as hell. He asks her around the start of the video if she's tried Tinder and if men tried to talk to her and she just briefly says yes, a lot of men tried to, and if you've ever seen a Tinder experiment with even a 5 woman, it's countless matches in 10mins, and I'm sure she got the same. I mean she's not that attractive but I'm sure she could look like a 6 or 7 in some pictures and got crazy attention.

Did she actually think it's the same for the other side? Can that really make sense in terms of demand? Maybe she knew it wouldn't be as crazy as 100 matches in 5 mins, but didn't realise just how lob sided it would be.
Look, fat...

Arjen
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW5
Regimen: Shaving

Post by Arjen » 1 month ago

:sick:
Rudiger wrote:
1 month ago

Some highlights for me-
-1:25 she feels it will be easy
-2:50 the pics he's using
-4:45 her frustration at 2 word replies or ghosting, says she asked a girl out "who was lucky to be asked out!" because she didn't put in effort with him xD (imagine a male having this attitude to online dating)
-6:43 is Day 5 of her blog and a summary of her previous days, Day 1-3 had positive notes, she's practically given up already, 1 match on Day 4+5, 0 matches Day 6.
-8:20 talks about her depression doing this and acknowledges "and it's not even me", kinda funny/sad
-9:40 barely any replies from matches and how she literally doesn't understand why women don't reply on Tinder but guys ALWAYS do (lol!)
-11:00 even further black pill that he only did "this good" because it's a new account on Tinder which they initially promote. From there she seems genuinely emotional (to me) at how deflating the experience is

I thought it was interesting to see how clueless the average female is to online dating, not a surprising video to those of you trying Tinder or being aware of those who do use it.

What's worse is- he actually does better than expected from what the comments wrote, and what he the youtuber himself expected. I would have liked seeing closer pics of the girls he matched with, the girl did admit some were "less attractive" but of course she's on a youtube video so she's being nice as possible, were they like, 2/10's? Obese?

It would explain why she's just that deflated, she probably thinks her good looking friend would get a good looking girl easily, instead matches are few and far between, the matches are of terrible quality, and on top of that- they don't even reply! At the end of the video he says that 7 women agreed to go on dates, which I understand is really successful for an average guy in a week, however we don't know the quality of these women.

I actually like the woman in the video (can't believe she's 18 though?!) because of her empathy levels and understanding, however she is naive as hell. He asks her around the start of the video if she's tried Tinder and if men tried to talk to her and she just briefly says yes, a lot of men tried to, and if you've ever seen a Tinder experiment with even a 5 woman, it's countless matches in 10mins, and I'm sure she got the same. I mean she's not that attractive but I'm sure she could look like a 6 or 7 in some pictures and got crazy attention.

Did she actually think it's the same for the other side? Can that really make sense in terms of demand? Maybe she knew it wouldn't be as crazy as 100 matches in 5 mins, but didn't realise just how lob sided it would be.
She looks/sounds Yugoslavian with according teeth and accent, impossible she‘s 18. She‘d probably not consider dating her friend, a looksmatch.

Rudiger
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

Arjen wrote:
1 month ago
:sick:
She looks/sounds Yugoslavian with according teeth and accent, impossible she‘s 18. She‘d probably not consider dating her friend, a looksmatch.
What a horrendous thumbnail, actually when I saw the thumbnail I set myself up for thinking this is some red pill youtube channel making fun of this woman, and it wasn't. I was gonna write more about her in particular but ran out of steam.

So I did say I kinda like her (as a person) in this video, however of course women can be deceiving in ways, she seems nice and empathetic here :problem:

But- she's so disgusted by females ghosting "her" (posing as her friend) like I wrote about I'm sure she'd get hundreds of messages in one day on Tinder as herself, and she said she's tried it, is she really saying she replied to and had serious conversations with hundreds of guys? And that she put in effort with them? Of course this would only be with the Chaddy 8+'s she could narrow it down to, of which I'm sure there would be at least several in a short space of time. I even think it's understandable, we'd all do the same if we had dozens of 6's in our inbox but a handful of them were 8's, but it's just, naive and insincere.

Similarly she's so surprised that her "good looking" friend has done so badly, but it's just complete delusion, I'm 99% sure if those same pics of her friend came up on her tinder she wouldn't match him, and I'm also sure her Tinder standards are much higher than him (because again she can take a few pics where she looks 6+). Even if she did swipe right on him, then by that standard she'd be swiping right on a lot of guys, and as I just said, wouldn't possibly have the time to have real conversations with 40 average guys in an evening.

I mean she's feeling genuinely sorry for average guys on Tinder, which is obviously endearing, but I really wish in this video she would have shown some self-awareness of what a hypocrite she's being. And if she's not being a hypocrite, she should explain her own experiences on tinder, like she didn't use it much, swiped right on some guys and arranged dates, didn't play a huge numbers game for top tier guys or something like that (which is all highly unlikely of course). Her real experience is really the elephant in the room here considering what she's saying, and how pissed off she is at the girls who don't have the time to talk.

The only morsel of a blue pill here is that I think she is genuine when she calls her friend good looking, and he is pretty close to average, which means in real life standards can be lower than on Tinder ( :clap: Arjen). I think when she says it a few times she's being sincere and it's not just for the youtube video, and if she didn't think so then she'd simply just avoid rating him like that.

However, the only other thing is she says it so openly like how a mother would call a son handsome, a sister calls her brother a good looking guy, it's that safe that she isn't remotely shy to say it, like how a girl who would feel embarrassed to say it to a guy she can imagine being intimate with.

Moving on to another point, there's a reddit about this video:

I don't really use Reddit so I can't remember where I saw the thread or comment, but there were a lot of guys speculating why this woman assumed that an average guy would get lots of matches, and why she thought that if she just said the right things she'd be really successful with his pics, as if this is what most men experience when online dating. Someone wrote, which stood out to me: (paraphrasing, I read it hours ago) "She thinks 'males' will do fine because she only thinks of 'males'=Chads, that's all she considers in her mind".

At first I kinda thought it was just a blackpill line (which I think it was intended to be) but on further inspection, that could actually make a lot of sense in a way. She's used the app herself and probably swiped right on a lot of 7+ and top tier males, and thinks in her mind "oh on Tinder I am always trying to get attention with males all the time, so men really have it easy on there" well yeah but, not just normal "males", because she got used to that standard, she's completely oblivious she's vying for attention from top 20% or even top 5-10% of males aesthetically.

If she did use pics where she looks like a 7, she probably had nothing but Chad's coming up for her algorithm, again not only would she swipe left on someone like her friend every time, she probably doesn't even have to see male 6's and below.

I think females have a habit of putting their average male friends in the friendzone while genuinely believing these friends are dateable "for someone", just not them. They don't realise that if they feel that way, it's likely a lot of other females do as well, it's really easy to say "someone would be lucky to have him" well OK, who? If he's really so great then you'd have no problem at all dating him yourself, or at least setting him up with one of your female friends.

A similar thing happens on Tinder in this situation- she thinks her male friend will have plenty of attention from females but just not her as he's not her "type", she probably believes the 8's she likes are just her "type", and there are lots of women who like the "type" of her average friend.

Again completely oblivious to the fact she's not in to "types", she's really just liking the obviously hottest guys, and what a surprise, so does every other woman.
Look, fat...

koolaidshade
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Regimen: semen retention, real social dynamics, 12 rules for life

Post by koolaidshade » 1 month ago

C O N F I D E N C E
O
N
F
I
D
E
N
C
E

Johnson
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast

Post by Johnson » 1 month ago

He has a decent channel and he's made some interesting videos. I feel it adds validity to his work that he's actually a decent looking chap and he's not some looks deficient chap raging and lamenting over sexual-social dynamics.

Rudiger
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

Johnson wrote:
1 month ago
He has a decent channel and he's made some interesting videos. I feel it adds validity to his work that he's actually a decent looking chap and he's not some looks deficient chap raging and lamenting over sexual-social dynamics.
He does indeed and I thought you'd be more shocked to see him struggling dating, as you are sure decent guys will date easily, and even haven't seen any females dating up before.

Basically this video is saying it's close to being absolutely pointless using Tinder at least, I've seen guys say that it's literally like a 2nd job, and I thought maybe exaggeration, but I consistently see in comments even the more optimistic guys talking about "putting the work in this weekend and see what happens". They aren't joking, unless they're 7/10+ they are usually battling for a small amount of matches, a smaller amount of replies, a slim chance of real conversation, and a miniscule chance of a date.

Unless- and most vitally, unless- they take anything they can get. In other words, meeting up with 2s for dates, and y'know what for a 5 male I doubt even doing that is "easy" (achievable though).

I actually think online dating has ruined standards generally, when I was a kid a 6 female made sense, kinda average slightly pretty. Now a 6 is like a beautiful rare fucking gem that gets harassed not even on tinder but even insta, snap, even if she's not a thot or wearing anything remotely revealing. DMs for marriage proposals for fairly decent girls.

Anyway yes he's a decent chap etc. What do you think of this video?
Look, fat...

Arjen
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Rudiger wrote:
1 month ago
He does indeed and I thought you'd be more shocked to see him struggling dating, as you are sure decent guys will date easily, and even haven't seen any females dating up before.

Basically this video is saying it's close to being absolutely pointless using Tinder at least, I've seen guys say that it's literally like a 2nd job, and I thought maybe exaggeration, but I consistently see in comments even the more optimistic guys talking about "putting the work in this weekend and see what happens". They aren't joking, unless they're 7/10+ they are usually battling for a small amount of matches, a smaller amount of replies, a slim chance of real conversation, and a miniscule chance of a date.

Unless- and most vitally, unless- they take anything they can get. In other words, meeting up with 2s for dates, and y'know what for a 5 male I doubt even doing that is "easy" (achievable though).

I actually think online dating has ruined standards generally, when I was a kid a 6 female made sense, kinda average slightly pretty. Now a 6 is like a beautiful rare fucking gem that gets harassed not even on tinder but even insta, snap, even if she's not a thot or wearing anything remotely revealing. DMs for marriage proposals for fairly decent girls.

Sometimes it feels to me like anything between ugly and supermodel, i.e. something like 80-90%, is treated as the same mass. So not only do some men rate women more leniently than vice versa, you also have the effect that on top of that even a lenient 5 is not actually dating up, as the guy (say a 6.5)
is still in the alleged same group. Women, in my opinion, differentiate much more accurately, though mostly subconsciously of course.

Or to put this in other words: the difference between a 5 and a 7 to me is not only huge, but decisive in what the woman can create in me.

there is another observation I've been able to make: you know best of all here that in some cases I rate a particular more highly than you (mainly thinking of that cutsie type), but almost never is that a woman you (or any other guy here, probably in the world) is likely to say "nah, unattractive", they are almost always above a regular man's threshold without them being models or perfect. That is simply not the case with most women many men will fuck and occasionally take an interest in me, the reason being simple: they are just not as attractive, i.e. not distinguishing between a 5 or 7 is not comprehensible to me at all and reeks of cope - again, maybe due to projection.

When I made a Tinder experiment with an average woman (5) and an attractive one (7) - both my ratings, likely 6 and 8 respectively for most here - I with the former got loads of likes and matches, too, but far less immediate first messages from men. When an average guy (5-6, my bracket) messaged the 7 with a very honest "wow, now THIS is a pretty match", I replied: "Well, are you saying not all your matches are pretty? Why match them then?" He went straight back into cope-mode saying that all his matches were pretty, that "I" was just extra pretty - mhm, right, it's not like you are trying to at least get some pussy and save face by telling yourself it's still decent pussy, sure... :problem:

Johnson
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast

Rudiger wrote:
1 month ago

With his case I dont quite understand it. He's better looking than me and he's struggling. I've never had a problem getting matches or dates so I have no insight into what the hell is going on.

I'd actually love to see more case studies of real and normal looking men using dating sites (rather than ugly dudes and chads).

I'd love to add more to this but i'm surprised HE has an issue.

Edit: perhaps i'm clutching a bit here but I just went back to the video and one the dance videos pictures he has makes him look a bit 'phaggy' and that may be a left swipe there.

Arjen
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Rudiger wrote:
1 month ago
I've brought this up before, but will state again: when in kindergarden, primary school I felt "understood". It was just the same 2 or 3 girls per class every guy would find cute and pay attention to - the rest was as invisible as most men are to women throughout their life, unless they still see the guy as a (mostly subconscious) upgrade in relation to themselves (which is a luxury men can't afford, to at least get an upgrade if not landing the 2-3 that catch the eye, that is).
For many men, with sexual thirst comes randomness and coping, leaving me feeling like Don Quijote sometimes.

Rudiger
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

Johnson wrote:
1 month ago
With his case I dont quite understand it. He's better looking than me and he's struggling. I've never had a problem getting matches or dates so I have no insight into what the hell is going on.

I'd actually love to see more case studies of real and normal looking men using dating sites (rather than ugly dudes and chads).

I'd love to add more to this but i'm surprised HE has an issue.

Edit: perhaps i'm clutching a bit here but I just went back to the video and one the dance videos pictures he has makes him look a bit 'phaggy' and that may be a left swipe there.
It's strange you were just going to write "nice chap cool vids huehue" and then leave it at that, when this video completely goes against everything you've been saying. Unless I asked further you just weren't going to explore that at all but now you're acknowledging that it's really puzzling "what the hell is going on" yeah, indeed.

Well I can tell you what's going on, "he" started off fine as new to Tinder, she managed to get several dates set up for him in Days 1-3 (and I think roughly about a total of 30 matches), Day 4-6 was a total of 2 matches, 0 on Day 6, no dates of course.

So what happened? On Day 3 she decided she was going to be more selective as she politely said in the video the women "weren't so attractive" xD so she would adopt a strategy of being more picky, thus driving up his value and demand (well she didn't say that but I am gonna add that in as potential logic) and getting more attractive dates.

He was getting matches from 3's and 4's, she knew they weren't desirable, and wanted to aim for at least a 5 or 6 to be satisfied she got him a real date. Again I like this aspect from her, she didn't just settle for bottom of the barrel and technically succeed in her challenge while also telling him that these are the women he should date, which actually a lot of women tend to do (tell males they should aim really low, they're too picky etc)

And that's where his matches hit a wall, end of the fun, because he doesn't want to date rancid women.

Moral of the story? Most average guys who think they're successfully online dating, are kidding themselves and banging 4's at maximum.
Look, fat...

Arjen
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Rudiger wrote:
1 month ago

He was getting matches from 3's and 4's, she knew they weren't desirable, and wanted to aim for at least a 5 or 6 to be satisfied she got him a real date. Again I like this aspect from her, she didn't just settle for bottom of the barrel and technically succeed in her challenge while also telling him that these are the women he should date, which actually a lot of women tend to do (tell males they should aim really low, they're too picky etc)

And that's where his matches hit a wall, end of the fun, because he doesn't want to date rancid women.

Moral of the story? Most average guys who think they're successfully online dating, are kidding themselves and banging 4's at maximum.
Painfully accurate, which might explain why some men convince themselves those 4s are 5s and up...

Johnson
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast

Why some of us have decent love lives and others dont isnt always clear.

Perhaps I'm still blue pilled enough in the sense that I believe average guys who cant date average women have not so likable personalities that repel intimacy.

I just know way too many average looking couples to support your assertions.

Arjen
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Johnson wrote:
1 month ago
Why some of us have decent love lives and others dont isnt always clear.

Perhaps I'm still blue pilled enough in the sense that I believe average guys who cant date average women have not so likable personalities that repel intimacy.

I just know way too many average looking couples to support your assertions.
What would you rate yourself in terms of smartness?

Johnson
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast

Arjen wrote:
1 month ago
What would you rate yourself in terms of smartness?
Like most of us: it depends on the subject. I excelled at English, History, Politics and Law at school but was poor in some other subjects.

What about you?

(I'm answering your question on good grace but I am imagine you are being passive aggressive and trying to make a dig in some way to allow yourself to feel alright)

edit: i'll also add you dont have to be like this. Why even converse if you dislike me and what I say? Its just wasted emotion bickering online. I logged in and started chatting on this topic because its interesting, but theres no motive to try to make digs and try to suggest that I date beneath my own level in terms of looks. Just be chill.
Last edited by Johnson 1 month ago, edited 1 time in total.

Arjen
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Johnson wrote:
1 month ago
Like most of us: it depends on the subject. I excelled at English, History, Politics and Law at school but was poor in some other subjects.

What about you?

(I'm answering your question on good grace but I am imagine you are being passive aggressive and trying to make a dig in some way to allow yourself to feel alright)
I was sincere (wanting to compare my limited perception of your intelligence with your rating of it is still sincere in my opinion), I actually made a thread about it once prior to your arrival on this board, and given you asked me about my looks-rating (which I'd estimate at around 5 by the way) I was hoping you'd have no problems rating yourself in this regard. What would your description add up to on a scale from 1-10 in your view? Mine can be found in that thread: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=171&hilit=craftsmanship