Tinder experiment comparing NW3 to NW1 profile

Since hair loss and dating are closely intertwined: discuss how to improve your chances with women.
Johnson
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast

Re: Tinder experiment comparing NW3 to NW1 profile

Post by Johnson » 1 week ago

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
1 week ago
@Johnson the selective.
What are your major turnoffs?

I hear the most complained about is people who use silly filters.

Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Post by Afro_Vacancy » 1 week ago

Johnson wrote:
1 week ago

Obesity.
Bad teeth.
Non-caucasians.
Below-average height.
Filters are annoying, yes.

For the most part, I think about personality after we've matched.
PhD in Internalized Incelism.

"I do still post to criticise others" - Rudiger.

Johnson
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast

Post by Johnson » 1 week ago

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
1 week ago
Obesity.
Bad teeth.
Non-caucasians.
Below-average height.
Filters are annoying, yes.

For the most part, I think about personality after we've matched.
You don't like shorter women? How short? I thought most of us men love the cute shorties.

Do you count latino as white? (it may be more complex in America as s.americans are usually darker skinned compared to European Spanish speakers)
Last edited by Johnson 1 week ago, edited 1 time in total.

JLBB
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW1
Regimen: 0.25mg Finasteride

Post by JLBB » 1 week ago

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
1 week ago
There are a few issues here:

1) The man looks decent otherwise, and is a doctor.

2) I'm not sure if photoshopping hair actually works. I wonder what @JLBB or @C4L think about photoshopped hair.

3) Tinder adjusts which women you see. So the two men may have both swiped on 1,000 women, they didn't necessarily swipe on the same 1,000 women. If Tinder's software evaluates you as better looking, then you will be shown to better looking women. That is well known.

4) Baldness affects different men differently. I'd be more interested if this was tried with forty or fifty different men. I'd expect that the impact would be very varied.
Your third point is well worth considering. in my opinion the the photoshop job here isn't even particularly good but he looks worlds better. He goes from an ok looking guy but still with some great photos and one of the most desirable jobs for a partner in the NW3 pics to someone who could have endless women in the 7-9 range.

Absolutely think your fourth point is accurate, I was looking at old photos (which I never used on tinder) when my hair was at its worst, and even after my first transplant then comparing it to now and the difference is astounding. I don't think this is the case for most guys but even with a NW2 after my first transplant I look almost 30 despite a bit of a babyface and that was when I was 22, Im 24 now and look 24, I've even had girls guess younger.

pjhair
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Post by pjhair » 1 week ago

JLBB wrote:
1 week ago
Absolutely think your fourth point is accurate, I was looking at old photos (which I never used on tinder) when my hair was at its worst, and even after my first transplant then comparing it to now and the difference is astounding. I don't think this is the case for most guys but even with a NW2 after my first transplant I look almost 30 despite a bit of a babyface and that was when I was 22, Im 24 now and look 24, I've even had girls guess younger.
Difference between NW1 and NW2 can be staggering. NW2 is still a sign of aging.
Trump 2020

Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Johnson wrote:
1 week ago
You don't like shorter women? How short? I thought most of us men love the cute shorties.

Do you count latino as white? (it may be more complex in America as s.americans are usually darker skinned compared to European Spanish speakers)
I prefer taller women. 5'6 -> 5'9 is ideal.

Latinos are a diverse group, the term is used for a large group of people who often look nothing alike. I would date a latino, but they never seem to like me.

Note that I wrote "Caucasian", not "White", the former term includes people of North Africa, the middle East, and south Asia, though South Asia is a place with a very wide mix. See here for more information:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caucasian_race

JLBB
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW1
Regimen: 0.25mg Finasteride

Post by JLBB » 1 week ago

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
1 week ago
I prefer taller women. 5'6 -> 5'9 is ideal.

Latinos are a diverse group, the term is used for a large group of people who often look nothing alike. I would date a latino, but they never seem to like me.

Note that I wrote "Caucasian", not "White", the former term includes people of North Africa, the middle East, and south Asia, though South Asia is a place with a very wide mix. See here for more information:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caucasian_race
How tall are you? The height you’re looking at is huge lmao. I’ve never heard guys say this.

Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

JLBB wrote:
1 week ago
How tall are you? The height you’re looking at is huge lmao. I’ve never heard guys say this.
I'm a little under 6'0.

I'd still go out with a woman who is 5'3 - 5'5.

@Johnson and I have discussed this before. A while back I didn't pursue things with a 4'10 woman and he wrote that I was making a mistake.

Rudiger
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: Finasteride, Dutasteride, minoxidil, Biotin, Dermarolling, Nizoral

Post by Rudiger » 1 week ago

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
1 week ago
Obesity.
First thing xD not even being overweight, but actually obese. That's brilliant.

It's pretty easy to be "above the average guy" on Bumble when standards are so sunken.
me me me me I'm the omniscient and compassionate Rudiger

EvilLocks
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW5
Regimen: Nada

Post by EvilLocks » 1 week ago

Johnson wrote:
1 week ago

Filters are terrible. I have a female friend on facebook that has probably 20+ profile pics in her gallery where she uses a "baby" filter that makes skin smooth and eyes big etc. and it's so embarrassing. It's fine to have fun with cool filters once in a while but when every single of your profile pics are with filters it's obvious you've got an issue. I would hate for people to meet me in real life after seeing a photo of me and thinking I look terrible compared to the photo :roll:

CaptainForehead
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Norwood: NW7
Regimen: Avoid mirrors and other reflective surfaces

Post by CaptainForehead » 1 week ago

JLBB wrote:
1 week ago
I'm 100% with @Afro_Vacancy on this. Females 5'6-5'10 are ideal.

Added in 1 minute 14 seconds:
Afro_Vacancy wrote:
1 week ago
@Johnson and I have discussed this before. A while back I didn't pursue things with a 4'10 woman and he wrote that I was making a mistake.
Good for you. Don't reproduce with a midget.

Women have height requirements, why shouldn't men?

Added in 12 hours 54 minutes 23 seconds:
EvilLocks wrote:
1 week ago
Most of my female friends and myself gets four digit likes on Tinder and I don't think that's uncommon for girls (young)
Jesus Christ. :shock:

EvilLocks
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW5
Regimen: Nada

Post by EvilLocks » 1 week ago

CaptainForehead wrote:
1 week ago
Yeah it's crazy I have almost 5000 likes last time I checked, with only a face pic but to be fair I set my age range to 18-55+ and distance to maximum as part of the competition with my husband

Added in 6 minutes 39 seconds:
CaptainForehead wrote:
1 week ago

Totally fair point. It's bogus that females are allowed to have specific requirements about a man's appearance but not the other way around. It's usually called body shaming if a man has requirements like weight or height, which is super weird!

CaptainForehead
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Norwood: NW7
Regimen: Avoid mirrors and other reflective surfaces

Post by CaptainForehead » 1 week ago

I'm watching the series "God friended me" (meh series), and this is bugging me. The male lead (black) has thin eyebrows. I cannot stop focusing on those weak eyebrow (mine are even weaker). In addition, he looks like a teenager (somewhat childish facial features).
He looks like your average black dude working at a pizza place, except for his Hollywood white teeth.

The female lead (white of course) is decently pretty, and the series is trying to push a romantic interest between them. The female's friend, mom are like "he's cute" and I'm like no bitches he is not, he looks like a 14 year old man child.

Opinions from @EvilLocks @Hairblues ?

Female lead appears at 2:14.

The actress also appeared in The Flash (daughter of the smart guy who came from the parallel universe and who gained speed powers). There also they were trying to force a romance between her and the the black kid flash.

Hairblues
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW1.5
Regimen: Topical minoxidil and finasteride

Post by Hairblues » 1 week ago

CaptainForehead wrote:
1 week ago
I'm 100% with @Afro_Vacancy on this. Females 5'6-5'10 are ideal.

Added in 1 minute 14 seconds:

Good for you. Don't reproduce with a midget.

Added in 12 hours 54 minutes 23 seconds:

When I was on tinder I had I think it was 70 likes in the first day. And all were pretty good looking and age appropriate. I did it when I was on HairLossTalk, if any of you recall. I'm not on anything for a while.

It's not hard for women in general if you're attractive. Young old, white, black. etc..if it's easier by degrees due to age, what's the difference really?
If I get 70 likes in a day and a 25 year old woman gets 200 in the same day, Yeah she's got more to choose from, but we're still getting more compared to most men outside of super chads. I honestly don't think it's that easy for even really good looking men as I've been talking to male friends who I consider attractive around my age who have become single in past few years. None of them are having an easy time with dating in general. Dating? yeah, but I mean connecting with someone for more than one date.
I think it's hard no matter how you look past a certain age for both men and women because you have things/stuff attached to you..Most good looking men in 40s have kids, have mortgages, have ex-wives with their mortgages, what hot 30 year old wants all that? Not many. No one is really looking to start a 2nd family in 40s and 50s when they can barely afford the first one.

I don't think many hot men in 40s and 50s are still single/never married. I've dated a lot of men and most have been divorced and have kids. In fact, I can't think of one that didn't have kids in past 10 years.

And here is the thing, for attractive divorced older chads who are also successful and have kids,
mo money, mo problems.

If you meet a hot guy over 40 with money, divorced, he would have to be like super-wealthy not to be feeling it in his pocket.

Marriages ending for rich people is like a business going belly up.

You share a 3 million dollar house, it's not easy to break up from a marriage and divide those kinds of assets. If you have kids, they stay in that house, you are paying for until they are 18. So if you're making 200-300 grand a year and supporting two homes, you're kind of screwed.

These guys are not going out dating thinking they're going to start a new family with some hottie 30 year old.
Oh, they'll bang her and have fun doing so, but he's not looking to remarry and have more kids--at least not in NY, NJ, CT.
I mean happens occasionally, but it's not usually a great financial situation.

In NY you can't afford to support 2 families even on 200-300 grand a year.

If you're making a 500k or a million a year?
Sure of course. But how many people are doing that well? Not many.
Definitely not many who still look great.

Pat
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Dutasteride, minoxidil, ketokonazole, dermarolling.

Post by Pat » 1 week ago

Turns out a fullhead gets more matches than a balding man. Very interesting indeed! Great thread.