What is better, dating a rich average girl or a poor beautiful one?

Since hair loss and dating are closely intertwined: discuss how to improve your chances with women.
User avatar
Murkey Thumb
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Posts: 158
Joined: 10 months ago
Reputation: 305
Norwood: NW4

What is better, dating a rich average girl or a poor beautiful one?

Post by Murkey Thumb » 9 months ago

I had a friend who said to me that he married his first wife for love and his second because she had money! So what would your choice be given the fact the you are already hampered by baldness? Rich average/less than average girl or poor beautiful one?

User avatar
That Guy
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 773
Joined: 10 months ago
Reputation: 1837
Norwood: NW2.5

Re: What is better dating a rich average girl or a poor beautiful one!

Post by That Guy » 9 months ago

Poor and beautiful.

Open. Shut. Done.

The odds of marrying a woman far above your own financial status is extremely slim unless she is considerably older than you — sugar mama. You'll find that women are far more open to dating and marrying older men than men dating older women.

Men dgaf whether the girl works at Starbucks or in many cases, not at all.

Even if you're Chad, being below her financial status designates you as a one night stand or "friends with benefits" at best. There is just no shortage of men who will be at the same status she is for her to choose from.

User avatar
Uncle Grandfather
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Posts: 201
Joined: 10 months ago
Reputation: 544
Norwood: NW3
Regimen: 5% Minoxidil, 1 mg Finasteride, Nizoral

Re: What is better, dating a rich average girl or a poor beautiful one?

Post by Uncle Grandfather » 9 months ago

There's just no such thing as a poor beautiful girl, at least not in a non-shithole country. In any Western nation, a good looking woman simply has no reason to be poor. They can obtain everyday things much more easily through their good looks, and they can get an entourage of cucked beta orbiters at the snap of a finger who will supply them with everything they need (except for sex and companionship).
Good sense, innocence, cripplin' mankind

User avatar
Arjen
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 824
Joined: 10 months ago
Reputation: 1345
Norwood: NW5
Regimen: Shaving

Re: What is better, dating a rich average girl or a poor beautiful one?

Post by Arjen » 9 months ago

I generally love these either-or-questions, but here I'd really have to revert to "it depends".

If the average girl passes my "looks-threshold" and with all other things being equal between the two girls, I'd go with her, I guess.

Unfortunately, not just related to this question, that's a big if.

User avatar
JasonStatham
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 915
Joined: 10 months ago
Reputation: 2015
Norwood: NW3.5

Re: What is better, dating a rich average girl or a poor beautiful one?

Post by JasonStatham » 9 months ago

I'm "lucky" that I care 0 about material stuff so its an easy decision. Maybe because I was born into a family which we basically had everything and did not have to work for one thing. The only good thing a rich girl could bring me would be, she can pay for my future hair transplants but that's it. So, I will choose the poor beautiful one.

But I have another tricky question: "Would you date what you think is a 10/10 in looks but she is dumb as fuck or a 5/10 but loyal and smart"

User avatar
Rudiger
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 897
Joined: 10 months ago
Reputation: 2436
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: Finasteride, Dutasteride, minoxidil, Biotin, Dermarolling, Nizoral

Re: What is better, dating a rich average girl or a poor beautiful one?

Post by Rudiger » 9 months ago

JasonStatham wrote:
9 months ago
But I have another tricky question: "Would you date what you think is a 10/10 in looks but she is dumb as fuck or a 5/10 but loyal and smart"
I'm having this issue recently actually, I guess I'm choosing "yes" so far. I would say dumb as fuck would be a bit much, but to balance it up she's not quite 10 but very attractive, she can be witty and can hold a conversation but I don't know if she's much of a critical thinker. Well, she's not, let's face it. But I've met considerably dumber people who are not even attractive.

To make things worse/more difficult she's genuinely one of the nicest people I've ever known, and is particularly referred to as such by others (and actually at times is a bit too nice and I feel she gets taken advantage of, but it's up to her). Compared to a lot of attractive women who know their value so much and act accordingly to that, she's a breath of fresh air. I don't care about our online red pill world, sometimes these types of women exist. Actually I make this point a lot, I think average girls way overvalue themselves and are total bitches compared to hotter girls who are just used to the idea at this stage that every guy wants to bang them, and they can have whoever they want, often guys would go to ridiculous lows to get them, must feel strange. That weird feeling must be a bit overwhelming, so I think they just get on with life. Average chicks only have like 80-90% of guys who would casually bang them, but that percentage goes down in terms of guys who would agree to commit to them etc.

So for the average frumpy chick her value is a little more confusing, she knows plenty of guys would jump her briefly if there were no strings attached, but not as many are dying to be with her permanently. I think this confusion results in overvaluing themselves, in a constant reassurance that they can be loved too.

For example when it comes to reminding the world that you have the power to reject the opposite sex, I definitely hear these stories way more from lesser attractive women, sometimes they are completely dull and pointless, not even an anecdote, just told for the sake of reminding me/others that they have value sexually. "this guy just like kept staring at me all night it was so pathetic and I kept moving away from him and he kept dancing beside me it was so sad and he bought me a drink so I took it and walked off lol".

I don't ever hear genuinely hot girls talking about this shit, even though they must get it regularly (although on a separate point, oddly I actually think hotter girls get chatted up less, it is undoubtedly hard to get laid by anyone random in a club and hot ones just seem so unobtainable, I'm sure some of you disagree) they don't need to display their value, there's no confusion here, it's already established that they are fucking hot and every man wants them. No need to be validated whatsoever, they wouldn't bother telling such a pointless story which others may tell just to impress others. Girls particularly do the same with the endless attention they get from online dating apps, talking about all the losers they reject minute by minute, loving the fact they are valued by someone out there.

Anyway sorry I went off on a tangent, but I technically am "dating" this girl as we are seeing each other quite regularly now, we have in the past but didn't actually have sex until recently. I will need to consider this as a serious decision soon as I think from sleeping with each other, it's pretty clear she wants a committed relationship. If she had just a little bit more to her, more eclectic tastes, understanding of world events, it would be a no brainier, but I just feel like I'd be wasting her time. Ultimately I don't think it would last long and we'd be sick of each other as we don't relate to each other in a lot of ways, so undoubtedly I'd commit to her for a bit, it's not like she's hard to be around, but long term I'm wondering if that's a good idea. Or even if it's fair on her.

Side story that popped in to my head- it was before we started seeing each other again but at a house party I was at with her, I noticed she was taking selfies with her friend. Her friend is like, 3/10 (and I feel bad writing this as she's really nice) way overweight, red complexion, face verging on ugly, ok I gotta stop but I wanted to paint the picture. Well the hot girl just kept taking a load of selfies, doing silly faces, smiling, sticking tongue out, posing, crossing eyes, etc etc having fun, but of course her much less attractive friend kind of just awkwardly looked up at the phone trying to force a smile. Same nervous expression in each one.

For some reason it made me think of this place/HairLossTalk and our discussions about the importance of looks and being care free, oblivious to others insecurities and issues. Like I said this girl is genuinely so nice, but she never has to worry about looking better or worse in pictures, there's no "oh I look surprisingly ok in this picture" that the other girl might go through in her head, the hot one can't relate to this and being oblivious maybe might make her seem insensitive, but she's just so used to being hot she doesn't understand the privilege.

It was just kind of interesting as I processed it, how sad it is that we can't all be attractive and void of insecurities. How I'd wish attractiveness on my own children just so they can have hassle free joy in life, and ultimately it's a lot harder to do so without it.

I mean not to get out of hand here, I was actually sounding WP-esque there, of course unattractive people can still have a great time and have fun at a party etc. But it just leaves that one box unticked, and there's nothing that can be done.

It's like us baldites and pictures, I hate them, even though my hair has improved, it's still looking shit under some lighting and I hate the lottery of a camera lens. Actually on this point, that girl's obviously not completely oblivious to others insecurities as I feel she is aware of my nervousness when she takes a selfie of us (though this hasn't come up much as we aren't official and she wouldn't put it up on social media) but I think she could sense it, and even that it may be due to my hair. I think one of the first few times it happened I did my Temple comb over thing hurriedly as she took it and she could tell.

Oh, once this random middle aged bald guy made a joke about him being bald and she laughed, a lot, and kept laughing. For like, 30 seconds, felt like infinity.

Points deducted.
~get 1k likes and party~ 8-)

User avatar
Arjen
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 824
Joined: 10 months ago
Reputation: 1345
Norwood: NW5
Regimen: Shaving

Re: What is better, dating a rich average girl or a poor beautiful one?

Post by Arjen » 9 months ago

Rudiger wrote:
9 months ago
I'm having this issue recently actually, I guess I'm choosing "yes" so far. I would say dumb as fuck would be a bit much, but to balance it up she's not quite 10 but very attractive, she can be witty and can hold a conversation but I don't know if she's much of a critical thinker. Well, she's not, let's face it. But I've met considerably dumber people who are not even attractive.

To make things worse/more difficult she's genuinely one of the nicest people I've ever known, and is particularly referred to as such by others (and actually at times is a bit too nice and I feel she gets taken advantage of, but it's up to her). Compared to a lot of attractive women who know their value so much and act accordingly to that, she's a breath of fresh air. I don't care about our online red pill world, sometimes these types of women exist. Actually I make this point a lot, I think average girls way overvalue themselves and are total bitches compared to hotter girls who are just used to the idea at this stage that every guy wants to bang them, and they can have whoever they want, often guys would go to ridiculous lows to get them, must feel strange. That weird feeling must be a bit overwhelming, so I think they just get on with life. Average chicks only have like 80-90% of guys who would casually bang them, but that percentage goes down in terms of guys who would agree to commit to them etc.

So for the average frumpy chick her value is a little more confusing, she knows plenty of guys would jump her briefly if there were no strings attached, but not as many are dying to be with her permanently. I think this confusion results in overvaluing themselves, in a constant reassurance that they can be loved too.

For example when it comes to reminding the world that you have the power to reject the opposite sex, I definitely hear these stories way more from lesser attractive women, sometimes they are completely dull and pointless, not even an anecdote, just told for the sake of reminding me/others that they have value sexually. "this guy just like kept staring at me all night it was so pathetic and I kept moving away from him and he kept dancing beside me it was so sad and he bought me a drink so I took it and walked off lol".

I don't ever hear genuinely hot girls talking about this shit, even though they must get it regularly (although on a separate point, oddly I actually think hotter girls get chatted up less, it is undoubtedly hard to get laid by anyone random in a club and hot ones just seem so unobtainable, I'm sure some of you disagree) they don't need to display their value, there's no confusion here, it's already established that they are fucking hot and every man wants them. No need to be validated whatsoever, they wouldn't bother telling such a pointless story which others may tell just to impress others. Girls particularly do the same with the endless attention they get from online dating apps, talking about all the losers they reject minute by minute, loving the fact they are valued by someone out there.

Anyway sorry I went off on a tangent, but I technically am "dating" this girl as we are seeing each other quite regularly now, we have in the past but didn't actually have sex until recently. I will need to consider this as a serious decision soon as I think from sleeping with each other, it's pretty clear she wants a committed relationship. If she had just a little bit more to her, more eclectic tastes, understanding of world events, it would be a no brainier, but I just feel like I'd be wasting her time. Ultimately I don't think it would last long and we'd be sick of each other as we don't relate to each other in a lot of ways, so undoubtedly I'd commit to her for a bit, it's not like she's hard to be around, but long term I'm wondering if that's a good idea. Or even if it's fair on her.

Side story that popped in to my head- it was before we started seeing each other again but at a house party I was at with her, I noticed she was taking selfies with her friend. Her friend is like, 3/10 (and I feel bad writing this as she's really nice) way overweight, red complexion, face verging on ugly, ok I gotta stop but I wanted to paint the picture. Well the hot girl just kept taking a load of selfies, doing silly faces, smiling, sticking tongue out, posing, crossing eyes, etc etc having fun, but of course her much less attractive friend kind of just awkwardly looked up at the phone trying to force a smile. Same nervous expression in each one.

For some reason it made me think of this place/HairLossTalk and our discussions about the importance of looks and being care free, oblivious to others insecurities and issues. Like I said this girl is genuinely so nice, but she never has to worry about looking better or worse in pictures, there's no "oh I look surprisingly ok in this picture" that the other girl might go through in her head, the hot one can't relate to this and being oblivious maybe might make her seem insensitive, but she's just so used to being hot she doesn't understand the privilege.

It was just kind of interesting as I processed it, how sad it is that we can't all be attractive and void of insecurities. How I'd wish attractiveness on my own children just so they can have hassle free joy in life, and ultimately it's a lot harder to do so without it.

I mean not to get out of hand here, I was actually sounding WP-esque there, of course unattractive people can still have a great time and have fun at a party etc. But it just leaves that one box unticked, and there's nothing that can be done.

It's like us baldites and pictures, I hate them, even though my hair has improved, it's still looking shit under some lighting and I hate the lottery of a camera lens. Actually on this point, that girl's obviously not completely oblivious to others insecurities as I feel she is aware of my nervousness when she takes a selfie of us (though this hasn't come up much as we aren't official and she wouldn't put it up on social media) but I think she could sense it, and even that it may be due to my hair. I think one of the first few times it happened I did my Temple comb over thing hurriedly as she took it and she could tell.

Oh, once this random middle aged bald guy made a joke about him being bald and she laughed, a lot, and kept laughing. For like, 30 seconds, felt like infinity.

Points deducted.
That girl sounds really good to me.

I think that I have very high demands, but they still appear low if I mention them to women:

I want her to be pretty, with some women I classify as such most women would “just” call them cute. Cute girls are hardly ever sexy at the same time to me (take Lily Collins as a prime example), so I’d sacrifice that aspect. Cuteness is essential to me though.

I’d want her to be witty and somewhat eloquent, capable of fighting or provoking with words – and at the same time mild-mannered, soft-spoken, good-hearted. Her education as such doesn’t really matter.

Money/a good job is a plus, not for prestige reasons, but rather from a practical point of view.

In your case: isn’t it nice to have somebody by your side who is not as top heavy? Doesn’t it add balance and peace of mind?

The story with the 3 kinda hurts. There was that duo of girls once: one very pretty but pretty boring, the other one a 3 but really funny, smart, quick-witted. She could entertain and all us guys loved talking to her, but everyone would still ultimately only try to go out with the pretty one in a 1-2-1.

User avatar
JasonStatham
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 915
Joined: 10 months ago
Reputation: 2015
Norwood: NW3.5

Re: What is better, dating a rich average girl or a poor beautiful one?

Post by JasonStatham » 9 months ago

Side story that popped in to my head- it was before we started seeing each other again but at a house party I was at with her, I noticed she was taking selfies with her friend. Her friend is like, 3/10 (and I feel bad writing this as she's really nice) way overweight, red complexion, face verging on ugly, ok I gotta stop but I wanted to paint the picture. Well the hot girl just kept taking a load of selfies, doing silly faces, smiling, sticking tongue out, posing, crossing eyes, etc etc having fun, but of course her much less attractive friend kind of just awkwardly looked up at the phone trying to force a smile. Same nervous expression in each one.
That's me when someone wants to do a selfie and thinking about if the lighting is good enough to not see my shitty hair. #feelsbad
Good looking and not the smartest people can be very carefree their entire life. But what did they actually learn?

Pictures that are not taken from me, really fucks up my mood. I remember going out with some friends and I started to make out with a girl and of course, one "friend" had to take a picture (he knows I hate pictures). I was feeling good because, despite my hair insecurities, I was the only one having a women at that night. I went home and thinking: "Well, it cant be that bad otherwise I wouldn't had success". Well, I checked WhatsApp and the one friend sent me the pictures he made It was from the side. I only saw big ass fucking temples receding into oblivion. I can tell you, I went from feeling very good into depression lol. I also truly believe that, even if balding wouldn't be a problem for every single woman out there, people would still feel shitty.

User avatar
Arjen
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 824
Joined: 10 months ago
Reputation: 1345
Norwood: NW5
Regimen: Shaving

Re: What is better, dating a rich average girl or a poor beautiful one?

Post by Arjen » 9 months ago

JasonStatham wrote:
9 months ago
That's me when someone wants to do a selfie and thinking about if the lighting is good enough to not see my shitty hair. #feelsbad
Good looking and not the smartest people can be very carefree their entire life. But what did they actually learn?

Pictures that are not taken from me, really fucks up my mood. I remember going out with some friends and I started to make out with a girl and of course, one "friend" had to take a picture (he knows I hate pictures). I was feeling good because, despite my hair insecurities, I was the only one having a women at that night. I went home and thinking: "Well, it cant be that bad otherwise I wouldn't had success". Well, I checked WhatsApp and the one friend sent me the pictures he made It was from the side. I only saw big ass fucking temples receding into oblivion. I can tell you, I went from feeling very good into depression lol. I also truly believe that, even if balding wouldn't be a problem for every single woman out there, people would still feel shitty.
I feel you, just that in my case it goes far beyond the very top of my head...
My view of myself is so set in stone that I do not manage to take compliments seriously (especially since they mostly come, if at all, from people who like me and are not objective). In pics, I often do not even see myself as a 5, many guys that I find average in person look better than me in pics, are less at risk of being caught in an unflattering angel.
I was once with a shrink so as to be get absolved from military duties. A friend consulted him a year after too. While he described me as eloquent, neat, well-mannered, he commented on my friend‘s appearance, describing him as good-looking. I was 20 and it was the first time the thought occurred to me that I may not even be average-looking, because I had always viewed him as mildly attractive at best.
It‘s a main reason why I‘m hesitant about a hair transplant. It would improve my appearance, but I‘d still be punching above my weight with the girls I find cute.
Last edited by Arjen 9 months ago, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
JasonStatham
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 915
Joined: 10 months ago
Reputation: 2015
Norwood: NW3.5

Re: What is better, dating a rich average girl or a poor beautiful one?

Post by JasonStatham » 9 months ago

Arjen wrote:
9 months ago
I feel you, just that in my case it goes far beyond the very top of my head...
My view of myself is so set in stone that I do not manage to take compliments seriously (especially since they mostly come, if at all, from people who like me and are not objective). In pics, I often do not even see myself as a 5, many guys that I find average in person look better than me in pics, are less at risk of being caught in an unflattering angel.
I was once with a shrink so as to be get absolved from military duties. A friend consulted him a year after too. While he described me as eloquent, neat, well-mannered, he commented on my friend‘s appearance, describing him as good-looking. I was 20 and it was the first time the thought occurred to me that I may not even be average-looking, because I had always viewed as mildly attractive at best.
It‘s a main reason why I‘m hesitant about a hair transplant. It would improve my appearance, but I‘d still be punching above my weight with the girls I find cute.
Are you Norwood 5 it says? I guess you need to have a big session of FUT to feel happy right? My transplant guy is actually very specialized in doing big sessions of FUT. Lots of pictures on the alopecia.de forum. Just check: "hattingen hair". Or maybe better wait. Maybe I'm looking like shit in 1 year so better don't go lol.

User avatar
Marki
Hair Loss Novice
Hair Loss Novice
Posts: 94
Joined: 10 months ago
Reputation: 109

Re: What is better, dating a rich average girl or a poor beautiful one?

Post by Marki » 9 months ago

Murkey Thumb wrote:
9 months ago
I had a friend who said to me that he married his first wife for love and his second because she had money! So what would your choice be given the fact the you are already hampered by baldness? Rich average/less than average girl or poor beautiful one?
If he married the first for love then why did he need the second :D

This rich/poor thing recently crossed my mind, you know how young woman marry older men for money, it's just assumed she's choosing financial security over true "love". But wait a minute, if the upper class marry for money then what do the middle class marry for - love??

If so, then why is the divorce rate so rampant, and they say only 1 in 10 of the 50% staying together are honestly happy, whereas the rest are sticking it out because they have no easy exit due to kids, lack of money, no other formidable options at this time.

If you asked me in my 20's if I had a choice between "love" or money, I'd say love, today in my early 40's I'd take the money and run!

User avatar
White Ferrari
Hair Loss Novice
Hair Loss Novice
Posts: 73
Joined: 10 months ago
Reputation: 180
Norwood: NW3.5

Re: What is better, dating a rich average girl or a poor beautiful one?

Post by White Ferrari » 9 months ago

JasonStatham wrote:
9 months ago
Are you Norwood 5 it says? I guess you need to have a big session of FUT to feel happy right? My transplant guy is actually very specialized in doing big sessions of FUT. Lots of pictures on the alopecia.de forum. Just check: "hattingen hair". Or maybe better wait. Maybe I'm looking like shit in 1 year so better don't go lol.
Wait, you're transplant was done with Hattingen? Nice, didn't think they did FUE sessions as large as the one you had.

They would be at the top of my list of surgeons to look into, if I were to have one myself. I'd choose them for FUT however. They have some really strong results on their youtube page. I know @Admin thinks anyone who goes for FUT in this day and age is crazy :lol: but I think it's probably the most sensible for someone with retrogade alopecia.

User avatar
Arjen
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 824
Joined: 10 months ago
Reputation: 1345
Norwood: NW5
Regimen: Shaving

Re: What is better, dating a rich average girl or a poor beautiful one?

Post by Arjen » 9 months ago

White Ferrari wrote:
9 months ago
Wait, you're transplant was done with Hattingen? Nice, didn't think they did FUE sessions as large as the one you had.

They would be at the top of my list of surgeons to look into, if I were to have one myself. I'd choose them for FUT however. They have some really strong results on their youtube page. I know @Admin thinks anyone who goes for FUT in this day and age is crazy :lol: but I think it's probably the most sensible for someone with retrogade alopecia.
And I really hate scars, it would bother me even more than bring bald, I hate them that much.

User avatar
JasonStatham
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 915
Joined: 10 months ago
Reputation: 2015
Norwood: NW3.5

Re: What is better, dating a rich average girl or a poor beautiful one?

Post by JasonStatham » 9 months ago

White Ferrari wrote:
9 months ago
Wait, you're transplant was done with Hattingen? Nice, didn't think they did FUE sessions as large as the one you had.

They would be at the top of my list of surgeons to look into, if I were to have one myself. I'd choose them for FUT however. They have some really strong results on their youtube page. I know @Admin thinks anyone who goes for FUT in this day and age is crazy :lol: but I think it's probably the most sensible for someone with retrogade alopecia.
They do FUE since 2009. I can only say good things about Hattingen. I could literally call this guy at 3 in the morning and he would answer me my post-OP questions but the price was a bit high.

User avatar
Murkey Thumb
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Posts: 158
Joined: 10 months ago
Reputation: 305
Norwood: NW4

Re: What is better, dating a rich average girl or a poor beautiful one?

Post by Murkey Thumb » 9 months ago

Arjen wrote:
9 months ago
And I really hate scars, it would bother me even more than bring bald, I hate them that much.
Yeah I cant really see myself getting a FUT. I wouldn't know how to explain it away to the grand kids(if I ever get any). If you are genetically predisposed to male pattern baldness all your hair will get very thin by the time you are 70+ thus exposing the fut scars.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest