My dating advice - Women choose their men like they choose their friends

Since hair loss and dating are closely intertwined: discuss how to improve your chances with women.
nameless
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: None at this time.

Post by nameless » 11 months ago

Wait till you get your hair back or else you're going to get a lot of disappointment. Women rate men by their attractiveness and studness. If a bunch of women like you then that will make the one woman you want like you. I'm even talking about friendships. And they use the same rating system for friendship - if a bunch of women like you then you're cool. If a bunch of women aren't into you then you're a loser.

Arjen
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW5
Regimen: Shaving

Post by Arjen » 11 months ago

I disagree. To me, all it takes is being myself (which includes covering the basics like hygiene, presentable dressing and decent social skills) to be popular with women, at least as long as there is a natural setting in which I meet them. I am not writing this to brag, quite the opposite, it almost bothers me: after some after work drinks the other day with a pretty large group, three! of the (quite attractive) women I had talked to initiated stuff like lunch afterwards. I don’t necessarily equate this to them viewing me as a potential friend in spe (for you, blackg), but the principle is the same: thoughts are given as to who you want to be associated with, and since we are not talking about constellations in which I might be of professional gain for them, they see some appeal in me. And it has led to some seeking my contact way beyond work in the past.
My conclusion would be that I’m perceived as gay or asexual (I’m certainly not the intrusive type, so not ruling this out), if it weren’t for the fact that my very same behavior occasionally leads to interest from not so attractive women.
Bottom line: the requirements are not the same, as even/especially attractive women like my company, but when it comes to flings or relationships, different factors matter that I only live up to with unattractive or meh women.