I feel like writing a book on the impact of incelism and baldness

Since hair loss and dating are closely intertwined: discuss how to improve your chances with women.
User avatar
Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1366
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 3441
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

I feel like writing a book on the impact of incelism and baldness

Post by Afro_Vacancy » 4 months ago

As the title says, I kind of feel like writing a book on the impact of incel-ism and baldness. I think that putting a lot of my thoughts down would be kind of therapeutic. It would also be interesting to try and extend my thoughts on this, as writing is a path to knowledge. Discussing things can only go so far, and writing things down in 200 word posts can only go so far as well, writing for a book, in contrast, requires research, revision, and re-evaluation. It is much harder, and thus much more educational.

There are many individual points that I have made but that were half-assed, that would benefit from actual research and effort invested. For example, I get the impression that some of the academic studies and blogs that discuss online dating success ignore the importance of aesthetics. They'll talk about the need to have an enthusiastic profile, a picture that is in focus, etc, all of which is true, but if they're ignoring aesthetics, then they're writing BS as you can't ignore a primary variable. It's similar to how the equation for body mass index corrects for height. A chapter that documented how a lot of online dating studies ignore the elephant in the room (if that turns out to be true) would be a good chapter to write and would support a theme of the book, that incels are a disenfranchised group without a political voice, and that discussions of related issues are delusional.

The aesthetic impact of baldness is an unspoken catastrophe. I wonder if a lot of men go bald and have no idea why their lives are doing worse. This would be a relatively easy chapter to write. I could pillage the litany of available anecdotes and then contrast that to the lack of studies.

Now, the cons of writing such a book:

1) I don't actually have time.

2) I'm not actually convinced that I have a clue. A major problem right now is that there's too much advice from people without a clue. I'd be worried about the risk of adding to the noise.

3) Anonymity. I don't know if I'd be able to maintain, in the off-chance that the book became popular. Incel-ism is politically radioactive, in large part because many of you guys keep blowing yourselves up. I'd risk becoming a gag and the act would plausibly be professional suicide.

4) I'd risk ending up plagiarizing half the forum. Though I wish that I could plagiarize IdealForehead and Macaroni in particular, I feel like they were exceptional. Pillaging Shookwun for insights and anecdotes would be fun as well. Regardless, I've read many of your writings, and some of your thoughts have infiltrated my thinking ;-)

User avatar
Xexos
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 582
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 608
Norwood: NW1.5
Regimen: Finasteride 1.25 MG ED .. Tea Tree Shampoo 3x a week
Age: 19

Re: I feel like writing a book on the impact of incelism and baldness

Post by Xexos » 4 months ago

Good idea.

Please try to talk in the book about people who literally killed themselves from hair loss and others whose life was completely destroyed and talk openly and with complete honesty about the true impact of hair loss so maybe someone would take pity on us and release a cure or something.

User avatar
Rudiger
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 969
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 2573
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: Finasteride, Dutasteride, minoxidil, Biotin, Dermarolling, Nizoral

Re: I feel like writing a book on the impact of incelism and baldness

Post by Rudiger » 4 months ago

Jordan Peterson of baldness induced inceldom.

Clean your damn dermaroller. Properly.
~get 1k likes and party~ 8-)

User avatar
Murkey Thumb
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Posts: 159
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 310
Norwood: NW4

Re: I feel like writing a book on the impact of incelism and baldness

Post by Murkey Thumb » 4 months ago

I have often thought that a Louise Theroux type documentary would be better and more interesting than a book. I can imagine the general strangeness of the community would be an interesting subject let alone the lengths we go to try defeat/hack the problem.

User avatar
Rudiger
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 969
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 2573
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: Finasteride, Dutasteride, minoxidil, Biotin, Dermarolling, Nizoral

Re: I feel like writing a book on the impact of incelism and baldness

Post by Rudiger » 4 months ago

Murkey Thumb wrote:
4 months ago
I have often thought that a Louise Theroux type documentary would be better and more interesting than a book. I can imagine the general strangeness of the community would be an interesting subject let alone the lengths we go to try defeat/hack the problem.
Nazis, dangerous religious zealots, pedophiles, rapists and murderers have all been put on the mainstream screen by Theroux, but bald incels?! Too far man.
~get 1k likes and party~ 8-)

User avatar
Arjen
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 907
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 1455
Norwood: NW5
Regimen: Shaving

Re: I feel like writing a book on the impact of incelism and baldness

Post by Arjen » 4 months ago

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
4 months ago
Incel-ism is politically radioactive, in large part because many of you guys keep blowing yourselves up
Good point, it's so frustrating how many valid claims are dismissed based on that when I more and more realise that even/also level-headed, pretty good looking men who are somewhat or even quite succesful with women (which helps counter the predictable "you are just frustrated and bitter argument") agree with observations incel make. Much less so women, even smart and normally straightforward ones, as we've both experienced.

User avatar
Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1366
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 3441
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Re: I feel like writing a book on the impact of incelism and baldness

Post by Afro_Vacancy » 4 months ago

Rudiger wrote:
4 months ago
Nazis, dangerous religious zealots, pedophiles, rapists and murderers have all been put on the mainstream screen by Theroux, but bald incels?! Too far man.
I feel like plagiarizing this.

User avatar
blackg
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1288
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 1758

Re: I feel like writing a book on the impact of incelism and baldness

Post by blackg » 4 months ago

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
4 months ago
I feel like plagiarizing this.
Can you please plagiarize my line where I said "It's only hair" really means "It's only somebody else's hair."?
Meaning people downplay hair loss until it happens to them directly.
This is one need of my best observations.
embrace pansexuality

User avatar
EvilLocks
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Posts: 344
Joined: 7 months ago
Reputation: 1010
Norwood: NW5
Regimen: Nada

Re: I feel like writing a book on the impact of incelism and baldness

Post by EvilLocks » 4 months ago

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
4 months ago
As the title says, I kind of feel like writing a book on the impact of incel-ism and baldness. I think that putting a lot of my thoughts down would be kind of therapeutic. It would also be interesting to try and extend my thoughts on this, as writing is a path to knowledge. Discussing things can only go so far, and writing things down in 200 word posts can only go so far as well, writing for a book, in contrast, requires research, revision, and re-evaluation. It is much harder, and thus much more educational.

There are many individual points that I have made but that were half-assed, that would benefit from actual research and effort invested. For example, I get the impression that some of the academic studies and blogs that discuss online dating success ignore the importance of aesthetics. They'll talk about the need to have an enthusiastic profile, a picture that is in focus, etc, all of which is true, but if they're ignoring aesthetics, then they're writing BS as you can't ignore a primary variable. It's similar to how the equation for body mass index corrects for height. A chapter that documented how a lot of online dating studies ignore the elephant in the room (if that turns out to be true) would be a good chapter to write and would support a theme of the book, that incels are a disenfranchised group without a political voice, and that discussions of related issues are delusional.

The aesthetic impact of baldness is an unspoken catastrophe. I wonder if a lot of men go bald and have no idea why their lives are doing worse. This would be a relatively easy chapter to write. I could pillage the litany of available anecdotes and then contrast that to the lack of studies.

Now, the cons of writing such a book:

1) I don't actually have time.

2) I'm not actually convinced that I have a clue. A major problem right now is that there's too much advice from people without a clue. I'd be worried about the risk of adding to the noise.

3) Anonymity. I don't know if I'd be able to maintain, in the off-chance that the book became popular. Incel-ism is politically radioactive, in large part because many of you guys keep blowing yourselves up. I'd risk becoming a gag and the act would plausibly be professional suicide.

4) I'd risk ending up plagiarizing half the forum. Though I wish that I could plagiarize IdealForehead and Macaroni in particular, I feel like they were exceptional. Pillaging Shookwun for insights and anecdotes would be fun as well. Regardless, I've read many of your writings, and some of your thoughts have infiltrated my thinking ;-)
I would buy your book. The incel culture is getting more recognized now, just yesterday I saw something about incels on a main Norwegian TV channel.
While I doubt the world knowing more about incels will make women throw themselves at them, I believe it would be helpful for people to understand more about this large group of men.
En får væra som en er når'n itte vart som en sku :thumbup:

User avatar
Uncle Grandfather
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Posts: 203
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 550
Norwood: NW3
Regimen: 5% Minoxidil, 1 mg Finasteride, Nizoral

Re: I feel like writing a book on the impact of incelism and baldness

Post by Uncle Grandfather » 3 months ago

You should just make a compilation of BDD afflicted 20 year olds complaining about their Norwood 1.5s. I'd buy that for $10.
Good sense, innocence, cripplin' mankind

User avatar
Exodus
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Posts: 301
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 456
Norwood: NW6
Regimen: nothing

Re: I feel like writing a book on the impact of incelism and baldness

Post by Exodus » 3 months ago

Uncle Grandfather wrote:
3 months ago
You should just make a compilation of BDD afflicted 20 year olds complaining about their Norwood 1.5s. I'd buy that for $10.
FOR THE PEOPLE IN THE BACK

Added in 12 hours 12 minutes 37 seconds:
Uncle Grandfather wrote:
3 months ago
You should just make a compilation of BDD afflicted 20 year olds complaining about their Norwood 1.5s. I'd buy that for $10.
@supremegentleman

User avatar
Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1366
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 3441
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Re: I feel like writing a book on the impact of incelism and baldness

Post by Afro_Vacancy » 2 months ago

What happened to @Pat , @Rudiger , and @supremegentleman who all seemed to have decided to leave at the same time?

Anyway, on the subject of this book, I realize that I should have kept more logs of my prior dating experience. Last night I went through my text messages and archived all of the texts related to dating prospects. I did not have any notes on those with whom the texts stayed on the apps, I also have no information on those whom I met in previous cities, for whom I don't have a text messaging history.

You know how in television shows men are considered jerks if they don't remember a woman that they slept with? I'm three steps down, I seem to have forgotten some of the women that I went on first dates with.

User avatar
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1694
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 3696
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: - 5% Minoxidil once a day and Adenosin shampoo
- Discontinued due to lack of results: Stemoxydine and dermarolling
Location: Belgium
Age: 29
Contact:

Re: I feel like writing a book on the impact of incelism and baldness

Post by Admin » 2 months ago

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
2 months ago
What happened to Pat , Rudiger , and supremegentleman who all seemed to have decided to leave at the same time?
They didn't leave, they're just more active on the Discord chat :).

User avatar
Exodus
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Posts: 301
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 456
Norwood: NW6
Regimen: nothing

Re: I feel like writing a book on the impact of incelism and baldness

Post by Exodus » 2 months ago

Exodus wrote:
3 months ago
FOR THE PEOPLE IN THE BACK

Added in 12 hours 12 minutes 37 seconds:


supremegentleman
Believe it or not, @supremegentleman proved his hair loss. i will formally apologize.

User avatar
Rudiger
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 969
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 2573
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: Finasteride, Dutasteride, minoxidil, Biotin, Dermarolling, Nizoral

Re: I feel like writing a book on the impact of incelism and baldness

Post by Rudiger » 2 months ago

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
2 months ago
What happened to Pat , Rudiger , and supremegentleman who all seemed to have decided to leave at the same time?

Anyway, on the subject of this book, I realize that I should have kept more logs of my prior dating experience. Last night I went through my text messages and archived all of the texts related to dating prospects. I did not have any notes on those with whom the texts stayed on the apps, I also have no information on those whom I met in previous cities, for whom I don't have a text messaging history.

You know how in television shows men are considered jerks if they don't remember a woman that they slept with? I'm three steps down, I seem to have forgotten some of the women that I went on first dates with.
I didn't make any decision to leave, but I also haven't really been on the discord server either the last few weeks.

I still vaguely check both this forum and the discord regularly enough, but my forum presence has been inconsistent for a while now (like a lot of others). I don't even think it's anything to do with the forum content itself though.

I did post my new training routine about a week or so ago which is quite extreme compared to before and daily, so that takes up time itself, but also being disciplined in that sense usually pays off in being more productive in other ways.

Not that I feel any internet forum is immediately a waste of time, but it depends how you use it and what you get from it, and right now I'm just interested in other things.
Last edited by Rudiger 2 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
~get 1k likes and party~ 8-)

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest