Guys, can't you please be more selective? :p

Since hair loss and dating are closely intertwined: discuss how to improve your chances with women.
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: - 5% Minoxidil once a day and Adenosin shampoo
- Discontinued due to lack of results: Stemoxydine and dermarolling

Re: Guys, can't you please be more selective? :p

Post by Admin » 8 months ago

Johnson wrote:
8 months ago
Autocorrect fucked me.
Nah it was me, I thought I saw mistake, sorry :p.

blackg
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

Post by blackg » 7 months ago

Admin wrote:
8 months ago
Nah it was me, I thought I saw mistake, sorry :p.
I hope you have now left my indigenous homeland.
embrace pansexuality

Char
Hair Loss Newbie
Hair Loss Newbie
Norwood: NW5
Regimen: Shave, wiggy or hatty.

Post by Char » 7 months ago

Once you're bald it's useless.

I can tell you one thing that I heard last week from a 24 year old university girl: "It would suck if I married a bald guy. I mean, everyone would be laughing at my wedding. I would be a laughing stock" and each girl in the classroom repeated the same shit.

Now here's the situation: I'm the only guy in the course, so they probably said that to piss me off. Yet a week ago, one of the girls called Vinnie Jones bald, when he still has some hair left. Bald = receding, here's another black pill for you to swallow. Her boyfriend is fat and that is acceptable for mid 20s girls, while being bald isn't.

Also, when I put my hat on to protect myself from the cold when I go outside the faculty I hear girls laughing behind my back. It's cold outside and my brain is freezing without a hat (I buzz my hair), so there's that. I honestly don't know wtf I should do. In 6 months my hair will look even more ridiculous than it is. I can't take finasteride, so transplant is out of the question. It's either smp or hair system or a miracle happens and Bortzu lotion which stinks like snek oil will provide maintenance, which I highly doubt.

blackg
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

Post by blackg » 7 months ago

Grasshopper wrote:
8 months ago
From the article:
These guys, your average Joes, are finding it harder to date than ever before because of the simple fact that the captain of the football team is on his fifth date this week.
I don't begrudge the captain of the football team getting his fair share of prime female flesh as the captain is usually the quarterback.
The quarterback position is a much celebrated staple of white America and I hope that never dies (at least in my lifetime).
Especially in this uncertain era of multi-bullshit-culturalism.

So I really don't mind these young All-American boys laying claim to the hottest females of the day.
In fact it gives me hope that the greatest nation on earth is heading in the right direction; that is - with future leaders displaying adequate leadership skills and a patriotism for this new age of besieged Americana.

Also, do you know how difficult it is to be standing in the pocket - looking downfield and hoping a receiver gets open - only to be creamed by a blitzing linebacker or a strong safety off the edge?
It's fucking tough! Tough on the body. The quarterback deserves prime sex after facing 30 plays of this each Friday night.

Long live the high-school quarterback!!
Plant your seed all over my beloved Midwest.
embrace pansexuality

Arjen
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Regimen: Shaving

Post by Arjen » 1 month ago

33DEC24C-31A2-43CB-B2C2-3763E7110CD2.jpeg
33DEC24C-31A2-43CB-B2C2-3763E7110CD2.jpeg (473.31 KiB) Viewed 403 times

Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Post by Afro_Vacancy » 1 month ago

Arjen wrote:
1 month ago
33DEC24C-31A2-43CB-B2C2-3763E7110CD2.jpeg
Let her be picky, it might not work out great for her though.

Note that she's still single at 33. The median age of marriage for women is ~28. There's any number of reasons why she might still be single, but among those is the possibility that she had a deluded sense of value.

Some men are picky as well, though I'd be curious if men ever wrote "no flat-chested chicks" or "no fat chicks" on their profiles the way that many women write "no shorties, no fatties, no baldies, no blacks, etc"

Scratch that, I'm sure that it happens sometimes, I'd want to know the relative frequency.

Arjen
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
1 month ago

Note that she's still single at 33. The median age of marriage for women is ~28. There's any number of reasons why she might still be single, but among those is the possibility that she had a deluded sense of value.

Some men are picky as well, though I'd be curious if men ever wrote "no flat-chested chicks" or "no fat chicks" on their profiles the way that many women write "no shorties, no fatties, no baldies, no blacks, etc"

Scratch that, I'm sure that it happens sometimes, I'd want to know the relative frequency.
Yeah, I mean this example is so extreme that it's easy to just laugh it off.

What I wonder in such cases though: is there really a complete lack of self-reflection or is it a form of protection from the reality, highlighted by the rather desperate attempt to display high value.
That aside, I've said it before, but I think Tinder and the like are not only frustrating or even useless for most men, it's also dangerously misleading for women. I mean, I'm picky af (and more picky than I "should" be given my package), but one right-swipe out of 50... :D

JLBB
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW1
Regimen: 0.25mg Finasteride

Post by JLBB » 1 month ago

Arjen wrote:
1 month ago
Yeah, I mean this example is so extreme that it's easy to just laugh it off.

What I wonder in such cases though: is there really a complete lack of self-reflection or is it a form of protection from the reality, highlighted by the rather desperate attempt to display high value.
That aside, I've said it before, but I think Tinder and the like are not only frustrating or even useless for most men, it's also dangerously misleading for women. I mean, I'm picky af (and more picky than I "should" be given my package), but one right-swipe out of 50... :D
I think she lacks self awareness, but that’s likely partially because there are plenty of guys willing to suck up and overcompliment for a quick root.

I definitely don’t think Tinder is useless for men. Maybe it’s an age thing but I feel like as a 24 year old and from the experiences of friends all in the 6-7.5 range there is an endless supply of attractive women. I’m almost beginning to buy into the “just be nice and be confident and you’ll get endless women” meme at the moment.

I also think the premise of this thread doesn’t acknowledge that being a guy who is more attractive than your partner they’ll typically be more generous sexually and you don’t feel the need to act to impress them. If I fuck a 6/10 I can eat two pizzas beforehand, forget to brush my teeth and not have to suck up or feed their ego with compliments.

kj6723
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Norwood: NW1.5
Regimen: Dutasteride .5mg daily, minoxidil 5% 1-2x daily, nizoral 1% whenever

Post by kj6723 » 1 month ago

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
1 month ago

I think it’s a sign of serious character flaw whenever I see a chick’s profile with a bunch of negative shit on there about who she doesn’t want. I mean you can still be picky and literally just swipe left without having to make someone feel shitty about themselves

Also just gives off a vibe of being a generally negative person

Arjen
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

JLBB wrote:
1 month ago
I think she lacks self awareness, but that’s likely partially because there are plenty of guys willing to suck up and overcompliment for a quick root.

I definitely don’t think Tinder is useless for men. Maybe it’s an age thing but I feel like as a 24 year old and from the experiences of friends all in the 6-7.5 range there is an endless supply of attractive women. I’m almost beginning to buy into the “just be nice and be confident and you’ll get endless women” meme at the moment.

I also think the premise of this thread doesn’t acknowledge that being a guy who is more attractive than your partner they’ll typically be more generous sexually and you don’t feel the need to act to impress them. If I fuck a 6/10 I can eat two pizzas beforehand, forget to brush my teeth and not have to suck up or feed their ego with compliments.
Yes, even I've experienced this. And it's the hurtful part, realising how easy it can be, how little you can do wrong, how eager a girl is, when she is into you. But, as you point out yourself, they only are when they are less attractive than the man involved. And this brings us back the the title of the thread: so many men prefer having it easy (you could call it complacency to the detriment of the men in those women's league), being admired even to struggling in landing an actual hottie. Which is fine, I guess, as long as you are still attracted to the women who make it easy for you - which I am not and which, to use Fred's word, makes me a complicated man. :P

Hairblues
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Regimen: Topical minoxidil and finasteride

Post by Hairblues » 1 month ago

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
1 month ago

I definitely have seen male profiles that state their very specific body requirements. Sometimes it's subtle sometimes obnoxious. I honestly cant say if the majority of them are average or chads because for me it's an instant red flag..Not that they have requirements but that they feel the need to list it on their written profile. Male or female this gives me impression of someone who is so ego inflated that a 'like' from someone is an annoyance.
I have also seen male profiles stating 'no gold diggers' 'have a job' 'don't have kids' etc.

Ive been getting annoyed with a friend of mine who is single now after a divorce who keeps lamenting about bald men. I have to keep reminding her that I myself am hair challenged and her remarking on it hurts my feelings. I get a gut wrench every time she says it. goes over her head because my hair 'looks fine'.

We've had this discussion in past on HairLossTalk that I have and do date men with various degrees of hair issues most of my adult life and what I realized at some point is the men I tend to go for, hair or not, have the kind of face they can get away with shaving it off or having a receded hair line.

Johnson
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie

Post by Johnson » 1 month ago

Hairblues wrote:
1 month ago
I definitely have seen male profiles that state their very specific body requirements. Sometimes it's subtle sometimes obnoxious. I honestly cant say if the majority of them are average or chads because for me it's an instant red flag..Not that they have requirements but that they feel the need to list it on their written profile. Male or female this gives me impression of someone who is so ego inflated that a 'like' from someone is an annoyance.
I have also seen male profiles stating 'no gold diggers' 'have a job' 'don't have kids' etc.

Ive been getting annoyed with a friend of mine who is single now after a divorce who keeps lamenting about bald men. I have to keep reminding her that I myself am hair challenged and her remarking on it hurts my feelings. I get a gut wrench every time she says it. goes over her head because my hair 'looks fine'.

We've had this discussion in past on HairLossTalk that I have and do date men with various degrees of hair issues most of my adult life and what I realized at some point is the men I tend to go for, hair or not, have the kind of face they can get away with shaving it off or having a receded hair line.
That's a tricky one because your friend is just being honest (although showing a lack of tact). Its probably better to have an honest friend rather than a pussy footer, even if we don't like their opinions.

Arjen
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Hairblues wrote:
1 month ago

I can follow you, but honestly, despite being super bald myself, that part is not the most annoying/ridiculous one. No need to put it there, but I get and accept it's a no-go.
What is more laughable is the "elite 2%" thing. As if it weren't notorious women swipe selectively...and if you match with a hottie, you KNOW (or in my case: you WOULD know;)) you are one lucky bastard. A pretty woman would not put such a comment there, so basically she inadvertedly displays a distinct lack of SMV (which of course doesn't stop her from being able to have sex with decent looking, fit guys, adding to this mixture of insecurity and inflated self-worth). Also, I've been on and off Tinder for years now, but never have I seen a woman who was above a 6 put "No ONS" in her bio - it's simply not necessary.

Added in 28 minutes 49 seconds:
CBB8D992-EA69-4E9D-923D-5D8B28F92310.jpeg
CBB8D992-EA69-4E9D-923D-5D8B28F92310.jpeg (326.07 KiB) Viewed 314 times
Lol, new attempt. Looks like those top 2% swipe right on everyone and only then decide whom to message, huh.

Hairblues
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Regimen: Topical minoxidil and finasteride

Post by Hairblues » 1 month ago

Johnson wrote:
1 month ago
That's a tricky one because your friend is just being honest (although showing a lack of tact). Its probably better to have an honest friend rather than a pussy footer, even if we don't like their opinions.

She thinks my hair looks fine so I’m not sure if you are misinterpreting the post or not regarding her honesty as a friend.

I have no beef who she goes out with (Although she’s pushing 50 so not dating men with hair challenges is a little ridiculous in my opinion)
I just find her insensitive to discuss it with me. She’s forgets because my hair looks fine.
But I wouldn’t discuss boobs with a woman who had her breast removed ild be more sensitive. (yeah that’s an extreme comparison for my hair situation but I can’t think of a milder one at moment)

Added in 19 minutes 11 seconds:
Arjen wrote:
1 month ago
I can follow you, but honestly, despite being super bald myself, that part is not the most annoying/ridiculous one. No need to put it there, but I get and accept it's a no-go.
What is more laughable is the "elite 2%" thing. As if it weren't notorious women swipe selectively...and if you match with a hottie, you KNOW (or in my case: you WOULD know;)) you are one lucky bastard. A pretty woman would not put such a comment there, so basically she inadvertedly displays a distinct lack of SMV (which of course doesn't stop her from being able to have sex with decent looking, fit guys, adding to this mixture of insecurity and inflated self-worth). Also, I've been on and off Tinder for years now, but never have I seen a woman who was above a 6 put "No ONS" in her bio - it's simply not necessary.

Added in 28 minutes 49 seconds:
CBB8D992-EA69-4E9D-923D-5D8B28F92310.jpeg

Lol, new attempt. Looks like those top 2% swipe right on everyone and only then decide whom to message, huh.

I seriously doubt anyone is fucking her to be honest and she is just delusional.

Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Post by Afro_Vacancy » 1 month ago

Johnson wrote:
1 month ago
If an honest person were behaving like a Cassandra, and just telling everybody the truth about everything, it wouldn't be so bad.

In practice, such people are often very effective at zero-ing on a very specific subset of the truth: everything that's negative.

Added in 5 minutes 10 seconds:
Hairblues wrote:
1 month ago

Thanks.

I agree about people posting what they don't want, it's definitely a red flag.

I also think that it might be the inverse of virtue signaling: asshole signaling. I think that some people associate being higher status with the ability to hurt and dismiss others, and so they do it as a perverted means of showcasing strength.

For example, if a woman announces that she's a racist or a "heightist" on her profile, there is no need for her to say that. She could, in principal, just swipe left on Black men and short men. She does it, I think, to show off that she has high standards, as it might make her look higher status.

Added in 26 minutes :
JLBB wrote:
1 month ago

Damn your life is awesome. Young, smart, virile, hot, and millions of dollars in bitcoins.

Fuck everything. Burn it all down.

by the way, were you expecting a bull run at this time?

I get virtually no traction on Tinder myself ... almost all of my success is off Bumble. Then again, I'm older, less good looking, and I give off a kind and sensitive vibe rather than an "I'd like to puke on you" vibe.

By the time I get regrowth from my hair transplant, I'll be 36. I'll be the last man in my age bracket with hair, which will give me the means to appeal to Hairblues' friend.