Dating tips thread

Since hair loss and dating are closely intertwined: discuss how to improve your chances with women.
User avatar
rclark
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1281
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 1520
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Finasteride 1 mg daily, Progesterone 2% (22mg daily), Minoxidil 15% hair growth only).
Using 1.5 mm needle on all bald/balding areas weekly.

Re: Dating tips thread

Post by rclark » 1 year ago

JasonStatham wrote:
1 year ago
If the most important thing for you is to get married, why not join a church community? You also say that you dont have friends. A church community could give you an instant opportunity to meet people.

Why everyone just uses Tinder for dating? Why? Why is it so hard to get out and approach a woman?
How do you look from 1-10? and be honest. If you aren't AT LEAST a 6 you should delete Tinder and the other Apps TODAY.

Day game isn't a myth. Approaching women in Bars and Clubs isn't a Myth. It just takes work and 95% of men won't do that and will eventually settle down with a fatty or a single mother. It's your destiny too. I had this conversation a lot with Arjen and we both know people that are horrible with women and they eventually settled down with a waaaaaaaaaay less attractive women because of the fear of being alone. That for me sounds like hell to wake up every fucking day next to a Goblin (no offence).

If you want to know how to meet women and everything around it, buy this book:
https://www.rooshvstore.com/?utm_medium ... _source=rv

I read the book as well and it gives you everything you need to know. It's a big book but its entertaining to read and it also gives you advice when in a relationship.

I should write a book with the title: "Tinder isn't for ugly guys" - 10 Ways to still get a hottie.
I'm actually atheist, but now that my church accepts LGBT lesbians, I'm starting to see
the light.

To be honest, that's only reason I am going this weekend.
Think happy thoughts.

thethirdman
Hair Loss Newbie
Hair Loss Newbie
Posts: 39
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 57
Norwood: NW6

Re: Dating tips thread

Post by thethirdman » 1 year ago

Somebody here suggested using true photos rather than deceptive ones, that show off my hair loss and seeing if I really get 0 matches. Well, when I first started using dating apps, that's more or less what I did (though I didn't 0 guard my head back then). On one app, I sent over 60 messages over 60 days (at least one per day), each written to relate to the recipient's profile, and I didn't get a single response until like day 65. It took me a further 5 months to get a single date from that app. Then, I had already put up my first deceptive photo, although it was accompanied by honest ones. It has been a similar experience on other apps. But on the other apps, the deceptive photo helped me a little more. I had a date set up within 1 week of my first deceptive photo and I was hooked.

Nowadays, I use exclusively deceptive photos. But people are starting to see through it. I recently tried a shirtless photo wearing a cap. It got over 8.5 in attractiveness on Photofeeler. But my success has gone down a lot since I put it there. Why? It's because of the hat. The people see the hat and wonder why I am wearing it. Then they look at my hair closely in the other photos and see that I am being deceptive. Then I get a no.

The reasons that I got all of these dates are the following
-Deceptive photos taken in good i.e. dim lighting to make it look like I really have a hair line
-Good texts which have been used several times to get first responses
-I look very tall in photos. I'm actually only 160-170cm which is absolutely not tall enough to date as a NW6. But people always say that I look very tall in photos. So if it's an app on which the height does not need to be disclosed, that helps me.
-The usual nonsense i.e. good eyebrows, beard, body etc.

As far as I'm concerned, it's not possible to line up lots of dates using apps as a bald guy unless you go the deceptive photo route. On so many of my dates, the woman seemed so excited over text before the date and then, within 5 minutes, she is not happy at all. That's what happens when you deceive. I didn't misrepresent anything about myself except for my hair, so that's the only explanation. For my next few dates, if they go badly, I'm going to ask what she thought of my photos vs. real life appearance.

My experiences indicate that it is impossible - not difficult but impossible - to date well as a NW6. You can be as intelligent, in shape, well dressed, well educated, high earning, good head shape, good beard etc. etc. as you want but it won't change anything. That's how it has been for me and that's why I am looking into a hair transplant.

User avatar
Arjen
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 959
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 1560
Norwood: NW5
Regimen: Shaving

Re: Dating tips thread

Post by Arjen » 1 year ago

thethirdman wrote:
1 year ago
Somebody here suggested using true photos rather than deceptive ones, that show off my hair loss and seeing if I really get 0 matches. Well, when I first started using dating apps, that's more or less what I did (though I didn't 0 guard my head back then). On one app, I sent over 60 messages over 60 days (at least one per day), each written to relate to the recipient's profile, and I didn't get a single response until like day 65. It took me a further 5 months to get a single date from that app. Then, I had already put up my first deceptive photo, although it was accompanied by honest ones. It has been a similar experience on other apps. But on the other apps, the deceptive photo helped me a little more. I had a date set up within 1 week of my first deceptive photo and I was hooked.

Nowadays, I use exclusively deceptive photos. But people are starting to see through it. I recently tried a shirtless photo wearing a cap. It got over 8.5 in attractiveness on Photofeeler. But my success has gone down a lot since I put it there. Why? It's because of the hat. The people see the hat and wonder why I am wearing it. Then they look at my hair closely in the other photos and see that I am being deceptive. Then I get a no.

The reasons that I got all of these dates are the following
-Deceptive photos taken in good i.e. dim lighting to make it look like I really have a hair line
-Good texts which have been used several times to get first responses
-I look very tall in photos. I'm actually only 160-170cm which is absolutely not tall enough to date as a NW6. But people always say that I look very tall in photos. So if it's an app on which the height does not need to be disclosed, that helps me.
-The usual nonsense i.e. good eyebrows, beard, body etc.

As far as I'm concerned, it's not possible to line up lots of dates using apps as a bald guy unless you go the deceptive photo route. On so many of my dates, the woman seemed so excited over text before the date and then, within 5 minutes, she is not happy at all. That's what happens when you deceive. I didn't misrepresent anything about myself except for my hair, so that's the only explanation. For my next few dates, if they go badly, I'm going to ask what she thought of my photos vs. real life appearance.

My experiences indicate that it is impossible - not difficult but impossible - to date well as a NW6. You can be as intelligent, in shape, well dressed, well educated, high earning, good head shape, good beard etc. etc. as you want but it won't change anything. That's how it has been for me and that's why I am looking into a hair transplant.
Define „date WELL“. I am making the same experience, just that I am not blaming it solely on my NW 5-6. I‘ve tried deception too, just out of curiosity. There was some increase in likes, and while I‘d agree that the results would have been better with a full head of hair instead of a covered one, I am aware that I‘d generally even then struggle to get matches with women with which I‘d feel like I am dating „well“.
Do you indicate your height in your bio? I‘d do so and not use deceptive pics. At least you‘ll know they can‘t be negatively surprised when meeting and you will feel less forced to put it all on your appearance if it still doesn‘t work out repeatedly instead of confirming your theory over and over again. Does it mean you won‘t have any matches/dates at all anymore? Well, then welcome to my club and that of many full-heads I personally know.

User avatar
JasonStatham
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 915
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 2034
Norwood: NW3.5

Re: Dating tips thread

Post by JasonStatham » 1 year ago

Everyone is using deceptive pictures. The women you date will come (in most cases) with a fake face anyway.

You should find a middle ground between a fake-ish picture and when you just got out of bed. Show a little bit of baldness but not too much. With normal pictures of my 100% real face I got only likes from 4-5 women (or under). With a bit of filter and good angles (but one that you still could see my flaws) the matches got better and more. I had one girl though telling me I look way different in person. Well, I still dated her :lol:

To me, if you went to over 40 dates you said and you couldn't even succeed with 1-2 of them, either you used very fake pictures or/and you are just horrible on dates.

What you could do and I said that in another thread (I think it was even to you lol) is going to a professional photographer and tell him open your story. Takes a bit of balls but he will make good pictures but not fake-ish ones and will hide a bit your flaws.

Or you just start to approach women in person but yeah... :roll:

User avatar
Rudiger
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1113
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 2795
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: Finasteride, Dutasteride, minoxidil, Biotin, Dermarolling, Nizoral

Re: Dating tips thread

Post by Rudiger » 1 year ago

As if the online dating cattle market isn't humiliating enough without using overly great pictures of yourself, only to meet the date in person and see her total disappointment. Then a few hours of polite courtesy, as she can't wait for it all to be over, and you, knowing this, just want it to end. "Have we been out long enough yet for this to be considered a "date"?"

Lol and the "who's gonna make the first move" being flipped on it's head- who's going to finally have the balls to put an end to this shit show.

I can understand how some guys would feel like "hey you gotta give yourself the chance to meet her, then you work from there :) " but really, what are the chances that will work? She's not only going to be let down and not attracted to you (most important thing) but she'll feel deceived, and that either you must be deluded for thinking you can pass off in real life for looking like that, or you intentionally lied and will lie about other things too.

You must have to have zero self-esteem to really go through that so many times that you actually get a successful date from it.
me me me me I'm the omniscient and compassionate Rudiger

thethirdman
Hair Loss Newbie
Hair Loss Newbie
Posts: 39
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 57
Norwood: NW6

Re: Dating tips thread

Post by thethirdman » 1 year ago

Arjen wrote:
1 year ago
Define „date WELL“. I am making the same experience, just that I am not blaming it solely on my NW 5-6. I‘ve tried deception too, just out of curiosity. There was some increase in likes, and while I‘d agree that the results would have been better with a full head of hair instead of a covered one, I am aware that I‘d generally even then struggle to get matches with women with which I‘d feel like I am dating „well“.
Do you indicate your height in your bio? I‘d do so and not use deceptive pics. At least you‘ll know they can‘t be negatively surprised when meeting and you will feel less forced to put it all on your appearance if it still doesn‘t work out repeatedly instead of confirming your theory over and over again. Does it mean you won‘t have any matches/dates at all anymore? Well, then welcome to my club and that of many full-heads I personally know.
Date well means dating a person who you find attractive. I don't have high standards. I used to want a high flying, slim, career oriented woman who takes care of herself. Now that I might have the chance to be a high flying guy myself, I'm happy with any slim woman who treats me and herself respectfully.

I don't indicate my height in my bio but note that I use multiple dating apps. Some of them have a height field and some of them do not. I've had similar experiences on all apps.

No full head should have an experience like we had with our honest, open NW5-6 photos. If a NW1 or NW2 is getting zero matches, he's simply not trying hard enough. Is he dressing well enough in the photos to give the correct vibe? Is he sufficiently in shape? Has he tried all manner of beard and haircut combinations (by far the most important thing...)? Has he tried all manner of poses and facial expressions? Look at the guys who date the attractive woman. You'll find that they usually aren't that special looking themselves. What they typically have is hair and no sign of hair loss. Guys like us wish that we could be just like these 'average' guys.
JasonStatham wrote:
1 year ago
Everyone is using deceptive pictures. The women you date will come (in most cases) with a fake face anyway.

You should find a middle ground between a fake-ish picture and when you just got out of bed. Show a little bit of baldness but not too much. With normal pictures of my 100% real face I got only likes from 4-5 women (or under). With a bit of filter and good angles (but one that you still could see my flaws) the matches got better and more. I had one girl though telling me I look way different in person. Well, I still dated her :lol:

To me, if you went to over 40 dates you said and you couldn't even succeed with 1-2 of them, either you used very fake pictures or/and you are just horrible on dates.

What you could do and I said that in another thread (I think it was even to you lol) is going to a professional photographer and tell him open your story. Takes a bit of balls but he will make good pictures but not fake-ish ones and will hide a bit your flaws.

Or you just start to approach women in person but yeah... :roll:
I've had one or two successes and one or two near successes. But the last one of those was almost a year ago. The women who I meet are primarily classy and their in person looks match their photos. I've never borne them any ill will and hope that I never become a woman hater. I'm working on the in person approach thing. But wouldn't it be a bit silly for a NW6 to approach an attractive woman? I mean, wouldn't it be that much more silly than a NW1 doing so (which is already a bit crazy)? Can you really feel normal doing it? Now that I've learned definitively what a NW6 means for dating, I can't just put into my head "being in shape, having a good job, being well educated, having good manners and a good sense of humour etc. all matter" and cold approach. They do not. I'll have to just cold approach and see how it goes but it will feel awfully silly.
Rudiger wrote:
1 year ago
As if the online dating cattle market isn't humiliating enough without using overly great pictures of yourself, only to meet the date in person and see her total disappointment. Then a few hours of polite courtesy, as she can't wait for it all to be over, and you, knowing this, just want it to end. "Have we been out long enough yet for this to be considered a "date"?"

Lol and the "who's gonna make the first move" being flipped on it's head- who's going to finally have the balls to put an end to this shit show.

I can understand how some guys would feel like "hey you gotta give yourself the chance to meet her, then you work from there :) " but really, what are the chances that will work? She's not only going to be let down and not attracted to you (most important thing) but she'll feel deceived, and that either you must be deluded for thinking you can pass off in real life for looking like that, or you intentionally lied and will lie about other things too.

You must have to have zero self-esteem to really go through that so many times that you actually get a successful date from it.
On the contrary, I have high self esteem to go through with it. The point is that the embarrassment and shame of it does not bother me. FYI, I showed a forum person (male) both my deceptive and true photos and he felt that the deception was not so significant. I've been rejected within 15 minutes. She didn't leave but there was a clear verbal hint of a rejection. Then it was a matter of both people being polite. Anyway, regardless of this, what is the alternative for me? I always thought that having dates (practice) is better than not having them. Well, that hasn't really been the case but what else can I do?

User avatar
JasonStatham
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 915
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 2034
Norwood: NW3.5

Re: Dating tips thread

Post by JasonStatham » 1 year ago

It's stupid to say that you cant use "deceptive" pictures. If you think like that, show me your Online Dating life :lol:

Steve Buscemi the ugliest Actor ever with a good picture.

Average guy with good pictures. If this guy would post a simple selfie on Tinder, good night Dating life.

Another one

Again huge difference here and he is not hiding anything. It's just a good picture. Do a test and see how many matches the left one get, and then the right one :)

You cant tell me this is all fake-ish and you should use your shitty Samsung phone and make a selfie lol. Yeah, have fun dating 3s and 4s.

User avatar
Hairblues
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1264
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 2403
Norwood: NW1.5
Regimen: Topical minoxidil and finasteride

Re: Dating tips thread

Post by Hairblues » 1 year ago

If I was a guy in 20s and 30s who wanted to get married, if I was even semi religious i would totally join group organizations like this (although I’ve always know super religious women to be secretly kind of slutty) AND I would spread the word with the older women who have daughters you were looking to get married. I would also just accept I would have to settle on looks.

Dun dun dum.

That’s the big one.

If the goal is to marry, you have to be willing to settle. If it’s happening organically and you don’t have to, that’s great, you have options.

If it’s not, well then you don’t and you have to have an honest conversation about what are you willing to settle for to have a family and children.

I know there is a lot of talk about the good old days of the 40s and 50s. Have you looked at old family photos?
Not exactly the greatest looking people. Yeah the film stars and wealthy people were often gorgeous but working stiffs, ah, they mostly looked aged.(not my parents they were Stacy and Chad but my moms parents??? Holy cow)

So you got to be willing to trade off on something to have a family. Look at it this way, marriage actually is mostly about compromise to begin with.

Now this doesn’t mean marry someone you think of as ‘ugly’ but I’ve seen men on these sites sometimes ridiculous standards of what they find attractive.

Find someone plain with a decent body. If she likes sex, even better. Sometimes plain people are fantastic in bed.
Plain is not the same as ugly. And sometimes plain janes actually age better then beauties.

User avatar
Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1864
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 4674
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Re: Dating tips thread

Post by Afro_Vacancy » 1 year ago

I look forward to getting back on the dating market within a few months. Right now work is just too hectic.

I might try coffee meets bagel.

A couple years ago, I had posed in front of a beautiful statue. I thought that it made a nice picture, and so I used it among my profile pictures. I found out later that the statue was a racist statue, it was a confederate monument. I doubt that any of the women noticed, but they may have. The moral of the story, if you see a beautiful statue, first read the plaque to find out what it's about.
PhD in Internalized Incelism.

"I do still post to criticise others" - Rudiger.

User avatar
Hairblues
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1264
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 2403
Norwood: NW1.5
Regimen: Topical minoxidil and finasteride

Re: Dating tips thread

Post by Hairblues » 1 year ago

JasonStatham wrote:
1 year ago
It's stupid to say that you cant use "deceptive" pictures. If you think like that, show me your Online Dating life :lol:

Steve Buscemi the ugliest Actor ever with a good picture.

Average guy with good pictures. If this guy would post a simple selfie on Tinder, good night Dating life.

Another one

Again huge difference here and he is not hiding anything. It's just a good picture. Do a test and see how many matches the left one get, and then the right one :)

You cant tell me this is all fake-ish and you should use your shitty Samsung phone and make a selfie lol. Yeah, have fun dating 3s and 4s.

Steve Buschemi wasn’t really considered ugly when he was young. He’s odd looking and not a good looking for an actor. But I would put money down he did alright in HS college and as a young artist living in downtown NYC circa 1980s art scene.

User avatar
Pat
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Posts: 334
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 931
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Dutasteride, minoxidil, ketokonazole, dermarolling.

Re: Dating tips thread

Post by Pat » 1 year ago

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
1 year ago
I look forward to getting back on the dating market within a few months. Right now work is just too hectic.

I might try coffee meets bagel.

A couple years ago, I had posed in front of a beautiful statue. I thought that it made a nice picture, and so I used it among my profile pictures. I found out later that the statue was a racist statue, it was a confederate monument. I doubt that any of the women noticed, but they may have. The moral of the story, if you see a beautiful statue, first read the plaque to find out what it's about.
Good luck in your future endeavours in the dating market.

I’m curious as to what statue it was. And is confederate inherently racist? In Norway all the rednecks use the flag on their caravans. From my limited knowledge the confederate states were states that didn’t want to follow US laws. In the US it seems that the confederate have become a token of racism, but I think it’s kind of cool to extricate from the country, live by your own rules, be proud of who you are, and go to war for what you believe is right. I think that’s what they symbol to many people.

User avatar
JasonStatham
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 915
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 2034
Norwood: NW3.5

Re: Dating tips thread

Post by JasonStatham » 1 year ago

Hairblues wrote:
1 year ago
Steve Buschemi wasn’t really considered ugly when he was young. He’s odd looking and not a good looking for an actor. But I would put money down he did alright in HS college and as a young artist living in downtown NYC circa 1980s art scene.
Not one comment on how much difference a good picture can make? :roll:

User avatar
Hairblues
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1264
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 2403
Norwood: NW1.5
Regimen: Topical minoxidil and finasteride

Re: Dating tips thread

Post by Hairblues » 1 year ago

JasonStatham wrote:
1 year ago
Not one comment on how much difference a good picture can make? :roll:
Who said good pics don’t make a difference? I didn’t read the whole thread. I’m not disputing that.
I just think Steve Buschemi young wasn’t ugly he made a fortune playing a type for sure and he definitely didn’t age well. Neither did Val Kilmer though and he was smokin hot when he was young.

User avatar
Hairblues
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1264
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 2403
Norwood: NW1.5
Regimen: Topical minoxidil and finasteride

Re: Dating tips thread

Post by Hairblues » 1 year ago

Pat wrote:
1 year ago
Good luck in your future endeavours in the dating market.

I’m curious as to what statue it was. And is confederate inherently racist? In Norway all the rednecks use the flag on their caravans. From my limited knowledge the confederate states were states that didn’t want to follow US laws. In the US it seems that the confederate have become a token of racism, but I think it’s kind of cool to extricate from the country, live by your own rules, be proud of who you are, and go to war for what you believe is right. I think that’s what they symbol to many people.
It’s complicatdd

My ex was from the mountains of W Virginia (he transplanted to NY) and he loved confederate flag and didn’t have a racist or malicious bone in his body.
I don’t think he loved it because it as a symbol you describe either. He’s very liberal in many ways.
It’s more a symbolic symbol to some, like the NY Yankees cap is to many New Yorkers even if you don’t know shit about baseball.

That being said many who do use it, use it for racist purposes. Like the swatch sticker (can’t soell) is synonymous now with Nazis. Yeah you can debate it’s other meanings or someone just likes the symbol but it’s gotten to the point even most Republicans feel the confederate flag is insensitive and has a deeper meaning to manny blacks who are descendants of slaves.
Nikki Haley is the darling of the republican conservatives and she is the one who took it down in her state.

For me personally the statues i never got because ‘hello’ they lost (bitches!) and losers shouldn’t get statues dedicated to them as if they are hero’s in a country where they lost during a civil war where they were essentially traitors to their own country.
Also many were erected with racist intent in the 20s I believe (you can research this, it’s not a huge issue for me personally so I don’t have this data on instant recall the % of them or by who).

CaptainForehead
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Posts: 433
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 788
Norwood: NW7
Regimen: Avoid mirrors and other reflective surfaces

Re: Dating tips thread

Post by CaptainForehead » 1 year ago

Hairblues wrote:
1 year ago
Who said good pics don’t make a difference? I didn’t read the whole thread. I’m not disputing that.
I just think Steve Buschemi young wasn’t ugly he made a fortune playing a type for sure and he definitely didn’t age well. Neither did Val Kilmer though and he was smokin hot when he was young.
There is a picture of a young Buschemi floating around. Good-ish looking fellow.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest