Online dating study: trying to date out of your league

Since hair loss and dating are closely intertwined: discuss how to improve your chances with women.
Arjen
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW5
Regimen: Shaving

Re: Online dating study: trying to date out of your league

Post by Arjen » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:12 am

Johnson wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:53 am
I finally remember you from the old forum!

I remember you telling me about this problem and sending the pictures about your options etc. I thought they were all decent looking and you should be happy with them. I recall thinking that your high standards are quite a hinderance but there isnt much you can do about that :(
I find this "should"-part quite delicate in such contexts.

I would say you'd occasionally match with women you'd fuck in Zurich, but barely get likes from a 6, let alone 7s. But then, you might rate a 7 what I'd rate below a 6. From what I could tell, your taste is very lenient. the girls you showed me were below you looks-wise without you thinking so, if I remember well. As stated elsewhere, all that matters is your own perception.

JasonStatham
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW3.5

Post by JasonStatham » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:19 pm

Arjen wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:12 am
I find this "should"-part quite delicate in such contexts.

I would say you'd occasionally match with women you'd fuck in Zurich, but barely get likes from a 6, let alone 7s. But then, you might rate a 7 what I'd rate below a 6. From what I could tell, your taste is very lenient. the girls you showed me were below you looks-wise without you thinking so, if I remember well. As stated elsewhere, all that matters is your own perception.
For me dating down or fucking down I had always this feeling of: "I just gave up" or took the easy route. Like I didn't take the effort approach the girls I really find attractive. Especially in a relationship this feeling will come a lot and I feel very guilty to lay next to a 5 that really likes me but for me its more of a "better than being alone" case.

Then I had one girlfriend that for some reason really liked me despite that now, she was dating down with me. I kind of liked it with her but I could "feel" she was more in power in the relationship. She could just in seconds find a better-looking man. Now I'm dating someone that looks wise is a little bit over me but not like my ex-girlfriend +2 points. She adores me and I adore her. We both think we made a very good deal and the relationship dynamic is so much better than everything I had in the past. I started doing some cardio to lose my skinny/fat belly and immediately she told me: "Now I have to be a Fitness girl or you leave me..." my ex-girlfriend would not have given a shit about it me doing more sport because I could never ever be in her league. Maybe with plastic surgery and 6k more Grafts :lol:

Point is that I do think you will be the happiest if both "think" they made a very good deal and looks are more important than people would admit.

Johnson
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie

Post by Johnson » Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:01 pm

Looks like the 'players' on rooshv are having similar issues:

https://www.rooshvforum.com/thread-19115-page-290.html

Its confusing why some non model guys continue to have success and others do not. We're also talking matches here and not hookups as well (so we cant even look at 'text game.').

SmootheSailing
Hair Loss Newbie
Hair Loss Newbie
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: minoxidil + Nizoral

Post by SmootheSailing » Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:54 pm

JasonStatham wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:19 pm
For me dating down or fucking down I had always this feeling of: "I just gave up" or took the easy route. Like I didn't take the effort approach the girls I really find attractive. Especially in a relationship this feeling will come a lot and I feel very guilty to lay next to a 5 that really likes me but for me its more of a "better than being alone" case.

Then I had one girlfriend that for some reason really liked me despite that now, she was dating down with me. I kind of liked it with her but I could "feel" she was more in power in the relationship. She could just in seconds find a better-looking man. Now I'm dating someone that looks wise is a little bit over me but not like my ex-girlfriend +2 points. She adores me and I adore her. We both think we made a very good deal and the relationship dynamic is so much better than everything I had in the past. I started doing some cardio to lose my skinny/fat belly and immediately she told me: "Now I have to be a Fitness girl or you leave me..." my ex-girlfriend would not have given a shit about it me doing more sport because I could never ever be in her league. Maybe with plastic surgery and 6k more Grafts :lol:

Point is that I do think you will be the happiest if both "think" they made a very good deal and looks are more important than people would admit.
My best sex ever was with a 5/10 chubby girl. She was 18 and so into it, I think it's likely the only time I've been the best looking guy a girl has been with.

My gf is pretty much looksmatched with me. Which makes me even more worried about balding. She gained 1kg since we started going out (I honestly don't notice it) but she's determined to lose it because she doesn't want to lose me. So I feel we both "think" we got a good deal.

It still irks me that she could download tinder and fuck/date a hotter guy in the matter of hours. I've always acted like tinder was easy for me as well, but the truth is it would take me a long time to find another looksmatch willing to date me.

JasonStatham
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW3.5

Post by JasonStatham » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:15 pm

Johnson wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:01 pm
Looks like the 'players' on rooshv are having similar issues:

https://www.rooshvforum.com/thread-19115-page-290.html

Its confusing why some non model guys continue to have success and others do not. We're also talking matches here and not hookups as well (so we cant even look at 'text game.').
Johnson have you watched Roosh V Livestream? I love it :lol: