Yet another Tinder experiment

Since hair loss and dating are closely intertwined: discuss how to improve your chances with women.
justin
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: Nothing

Re: Yet another Tinder experiment

Post by justin » 8 months ago

Arjen wrote:
8 months ago
Oh the irony, huh? Grasshopper can relate to the sentiment guys should be more selective, but encourages to go to such lengths…

Hell, even I am guilty of increasing entitlement when I made those fake accounts with Chads, as I’m sure most didn’t even get they were being trolled when it should have been obvious.

There was that one case (think I’ve told the story already?) where my friend and I were tipsy and a 3 matched my friend on Bumble. He gave me his phone to write her something funny and I typed: “You: 3, me:6 – but we can still fuck. Yours honestly”

Not only was he blocked by her, she also reported him and despite him being a paying premium member they never let him log back in despite having been charged for a year. Protecting women’s feelings is just far more important…
Yeah, think of it as an investment. Just making them send their number so you can get better options in the future. Sort of like an MMORPG where you level up and unlock new items. :lol: The concept is extremely dumb, but if it works..
Even when I’m lying on my back I’m never backing down.

JasonStatham
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW3.5

Post by JasonStatham » 8 months ago

But shouldn't you have way more success? Aren't we all saying that bald men are basically human garbage for women but yet you see no big difference. It should be one, right?

Grasshopper
Hair Loss Newbie
Hair Loss Newbie
Norwood: NW1
Regimen: finasteride 0.5mg, RU58841 2x40mg, Dermarolling bleeding weekly, Microdose minoxidil

Post by Grasshopper » 8 months ago

justin wrote:
8 months ago
Well if what Grasshopper theorized is true then the Tinder algorithm already puts women in advantage.. which would make sense because they won't pay for subscriptions like guys would. If you can't beat them - join them, ya know. :) Or maybe I'll just smarten up and give up on online dating entirely and start meeting women irl. :)
I don't think it's an advantage honestly. I think dating is broken. Girls chase chads but don't get them, except for a night. And the tinder algorithm is making that problem worse. Because it funnels girls to guys that are already good at dating who "break their heart".

However I think as a guy you have the possibility of dramatic improvement in terms of the girls you date.
Would be nice to hear @Afro_Vacancy s opinion on this.

Now from the girls side.. my ex had a phase of furious fucking around after our breakup (in 2014 lol).
She had tagged all guys in WhatsApp with a 't' for tinder and showed me the list of guys she fucked.

But when she moved to get an actual boyfriend again she got her heart broken pretty bad a bunch of times (within weeks) and finally settled for a joke of a guy.

So it's easy to fuck chads as a girl, but they usually just unload in 2 mins and forget your name. And the learning process towards an actual partner is quite painful, with many girls settling way below their standard because they get so insecure.

JasonStatham
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW3.5

Post by JasonStatham » 8 months ago

Grasshopper wrote:
8 months ago
I don't think it's an advantage honestly. I think dating is broken. Girls chase chads but don't get them, except for a night. And the tinder algorithm is making that problem worse. Because it funnels girls to guys that are already good at dating who "break their heart".

However I think as a guy you have the possibility of dramatic improvement in terms of the girls you date.
Would be nice to hear Afro_Vacancy s opinion on this.

Now from the girls side.. my ex had a phase of furious fucking around after our breakup (in 2014 lol).
She had tagged all guys in WhatsApp with a 't' for tinder and showed me the list of guys she fucked.

But when she moved to get an actual boyfriend again she got her heart broken pretty bad a bunch of times (within weeks) and finally settled for a joke of a guy.

So it's easy to fuck chads as a girl, but they usually just unload in 2 mins and forget your name. And the learning process towards an actual partner is quite painful, with many girls settling way below their standard because they get so insecure.
How do you know she didn't fucked around and settled for you as well?

Rant: My ex girlfriend was very good looking. It was a joke when we walked together. I would say, 2 points differenc which is a lot. But interesting was, her ex boyfriend was not good looking. Even I was above him. I stalk her from time to time and she is now doing photoshotings whoring her body on insta out and doing photo sessions with Chad's.

When I got her years ago, Ithought at that time she just doesn't care that much about looks. Or my PUA skills were godlike. Sure. But in hindsight, Im so sure she fucked around and settled for me aka the "guy that is grateful and won't cheat as she did it in the past.

justin
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie

JasonStatham wrote:
8 months ago
the guy that is grateful and won't cheat as she did it in the past.

CaptainForehead
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Norwood: NW7
Regimen: Avoid mirrors and other reflective surfaces

Post by CaptainForehead » 8 months ago

Grasshopper wrote:
8 months ago

So it's easy to fuck chads as a girl, but they usually just unload in 2 mins and forget your name. A
That is the problem isn't it. Girls can fuck chads easily, but there just aren't enough chads that can long term match girls.
There are tons of non-chads, but girls only view them as part of the background, never as possibilities for romantic partners.

Arjen
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW5
Regimen: Shaving

Post by Arjen » 8 months ago

CaptainForehead wrote:
8 months ago
That is the problem isn't it. Girls can fuck chads easily, but there just aren't enough chads that can long term match girls.
There are tons of non-chads, but girls only view them as part of the background, never as possibilities for romantic partners.
There are girls who go and fall for non-Chads, but they still want to date up. Since there are 6s who can have an 8 for a relationship, that inspires 6s who therefore most of the time at least want a 6.5-7 - just because they can get it. It's not even a conscious decision; in fact, I doubt they realize the men they want are usually better looking than themselves, because their SMV is at least as high. Looks do not equal SMV.

justin
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie

A couple nights ago I changed my location to Los Angeles where I gathered about 60 matches in a day only a few months ago (and had great chats with 2 highly attractive girls whom I would totally date irl) and got nothing but a few ugly matches.

And I still match with good looking girls on OKCupid, yet nothing on Tinder.

So it seems that my Tinder account is permanently screwed due to a very "low score". Like borderline shadowbanned.

Since I'm not going to go through extreme measurements like buying a new phone just for Tinder, at this point I have two options: delete the app or wait patiently and work on every little chance I get to increase the score. Decisions, decisions.. :think:

Arjen
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

justin wrote:
8 months ago
buying a new phone just for Tinder
xD

justin
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie

Arjen wrote:
8 months ago
xD
Lmao. Fuck it dude, I made a female account. If it actually works as a quick score boost then I'm a genius lmao. If not, at least I will get to observe the competition for a couple days.

Arjen
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

justin wrote:
8 months ago
Lmao. Fuck it dude, I made a female account. If it actually works as a quick score boost then I'm a genius lmao. If not, at least I will get to observe the competition for a couple days.
Been there, done that, with female 3s, 5s, 6s, 7s, 8s. I matched a much older male 3 with an 18-year-old hottie once, expecting him to start a firework being given this (supposed) chance, only to witness first hand how dull and clueless people can be on top of being at a huge disadvantage physically.

Rudiger
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: Finasteride, Dutasteride, minoxidil, Biotin, Dermarolling, Nizoral

Post by Rudiger » 8 months ago

Arjen wrote:
8 months ago
Been there, done that, with female 3s, 5s, 6s, 7s, 8s. I matched a much older male 3 with an 18-year-old hottie once, expecting him to start a firework being given this (supposed) chance, only to witness first hand how dull and clueless people can be on top of being at a huge disadvantage physically.
To be fair it was probably hard to type and express thoughts properly while shaking and coughing and wanking and sweating and cumming all over his phone
~get 1k likes and party~ 8-)

I'm embarrassed to have not realized this on such elegantly succinct terms.

Arjen
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Rudiger wrote:
8 months ago
To be fair it was probably hard to type and express thoughts properly while shaking and coughing and wanking and sweating and cumming all over his phone
Haha. But: no. No excitement, no overeagerness, no trying too hard, no nervousness, just fatuity. Like: "Hi Helena (had chosen the name expecting everyone to want her which turned out to be true), I'm XY, I live in Z."
Helena: "Hi X, nice to have matched you! I like your your laidbackness reflected in the choice of your pics that do not scream “I have a doubled degree in self-marketing”. Plus, you are cute, hihi. We may be a bit far apart age-wise…I mean, I could be your daughter, ahaha”

XY: “I haven’t thought about that, you are right, haha. What do you do for a living?”

Helena: “Well, I still go to school and want to start university this summer.”

XY: “I never attended uni, but I have a job.”

Rudiger
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: Finasteride, Dutasteride, minoxidil, Biotin, Dermarolling, Nizoral

Post by Rudiger » 8 months ago

Arjen wrote:
8 months ago
Haha. But: no. No excitement, no overeagerness, no trying too hard, no nervousness, just fatuity. Like: "Hi Helena (had chosen the name expecting everyone to want her which turned out to be true), I'm XY, I live in Z."
Helena: "Hi X, nice to have matched you! I like your your laidbackness reflected in the choice of your pics that do not scream “I have a doubled degree in self-marketing”. Plus, you are cute, hihi. We may be a bit far apart age-wise…I mean, I could be your daughter, ahaha”

XY: “I haven’t thought about that, you are right, haha. What do you do for a living?”

Helena: “Well, I still go to school and want to start university this summer.”

XY: “I never attended uni, but I have a job.”
Ok that's fucking meek.

"But I have a job" :straight-smile:

A hot 18 year old matching an old fart 3 and him asking what she fucking does for a living when the only logical answer is "well I do guys like you for a living"
~get 1k likes and party~ 8-)

I'm embarrassed to have not realized this on such elegantly succinct terms.

Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Post by Afro_Vacancy » 8 months ago

Grasshopper wrote:
8 months ago

Would be nice to hear Afro_Vacancy s opinion on this.

On which part?

Added in 23 minutes 26 seconds:
Grasshopper wrote:
8 months ago
At this point I think both our expectations are broken as well as the tinder algorithm.

If you want one date per week you need one match. Actually you need like 5 or 10 because you loose a lot during the texting process. Because they get distracted by chad or whatever.
Still more than two matches a day is just not necessary.

Also tinder creates a score for you, that slowly grows. Girls swype much less than guys, so your score matters a lot because you need to be on top of the stack.

Getting matches is not enough for good score. Tinder records how much telephone numbers or full names you get and I suspect it even checks if two people meet based on location data. Tinder wants the girls to enjoy and use the app so it scores guys high that are good entertainers and actually meet the girls.

The only way of doing that is to do a lot of platonic dating (so without fucking) or to have lots of one night stands.

I did the platonic thing, because I made a lot of friends with tinder and both my matches and the quality of girls I see on tinder improved a lot.

With the same pictures my account went from 5 matches a week to 5 matches a day. And I don't see any chubby girls anymore.

Tdlr
Tinder gives to those who have. 5 matches a week is probably more than you have time to date if you max out your flirting skills.
I'm aware that Tinder has an algorithm that simulates assortative mating, but I have no idea what goes into it. I honestly get very, very few matches from Tinder. It's a wasteland from me. I get more matches from Bumble and Jswipe.
PhD in Internalized Incelism.