Yet another Tinder experiment

Since hair loss and dating are closely intertwined: discuss how to improve your chances with women.
JLBB
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW1
Regimen: 0.25mg Finasteride

Re: Yet another Tinder experiment

Post by JLBB » 10 months ago

Hairblues wrote:
10 months ago
I think I figured it out.

Some of you like this really girlish look like Jena Malone has a very ‘young’ look but she’s probably not going to look good in few years I think she may get kind of plain eventually.
@That Guy seems to like women who will most likely still be hot as they get older
Like good bone structure perhaps. Not sure.
She has the look of someone that if I was about to message on a hookup app even without seeing her description I could be fairly sure she'd be a crazy, kinky demon. Plus she's an adorable, strange and soft looking princess. Agree she isn't going to age too well though.

Also her favourite film is Mouchette, a gorgeous, lyrical French film by Bresson so evidently a more intellectually intriguing patrician.

JLBB
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
10 months ago
Oh, I forgot about Inherent Vice.

Some people loved it, some did not. I, for one, did not, but I'd like to try watching it again with subtitles. I don't know what got into PTA, but the dialogue was mumbled throughout the movie, and thus it was very hard to follow.

I've been a giant fan even since I was a fairly young kid, definitely one of the directors that got me interested in cinema in general. Inherent Vice was probably the only film he ever released that was anything less than great. Full of beautiful moments, great characters, juxtapositions, music and some great scenes but it lacked any sort of focus and ultimately felt like a throwaway. Agree on the dialogue but at the same time suspect that PTA found a lot of it secondary to a broader aesthetic. Pretty sure PTA himself cut the trailer himself for the film among a few of his previous works and honestly its better than the film itself in my opinion.

Really loved his last film Phantom Thread though, definitely a smaller work like Punch Drunk Love but among his best and a much more focused fairytailesque narrative.

Johnson
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie

Post by Johnson » 10 months ago

JeanLucBB wrote:
10 months ago
I've been a giant fan even since I was a fairly young kid, definitely one of the directors that got me interested in cinema in general. Inherent Vice was probably the only film he ever released that was anything less than great. Full of beautiful moments, great characters, juxtapositions, music and some great scenes but it lacked any sort of focus and ultimately felt like a throwaway. Agree on the dialogue but at the same time suspect that PTA found a lot of it secondary to a broader aesthetic. Pretty sure PTA himself cut the trailer himself for the film among a few of his previous works and honestly its better than the film itself in my opinion.

Really loved his last film Phantom Thread though, definitely a smaller work like Punch Drunk Love but among his best and a much more focused fairytailesque narrative.
Phantom Thread was indeed an excellent film.

In the first 15 minutes I questioned why I was watching a film about a reserved English designer, but slowly the film managed to sink its hooks into me, one by one, until I was completley captivated. Alma, at first dull and uninspired, becomes a fascinating character study of manipulation and love.

What really surprised me was the humour in the film: PTA isnt known for his comedy, yet this film had me laugh audibly on a good four occasions (something that many modern comedies cant even do).

That Guy
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW2.5

Post by That Guy » 10 months ago

Hairblues wrote:
10 months ago
I think I figured it out.

Some of you like this really girlish look like Jena Malone has a very ‘young’ look but she’s probably not going to look good in few years I think she may get kind of plain eventually.
@That Guy seems to like women who will most likely still be hot as they get older
Like good bone structure perhaps. Not sure.
I'd say that's an accurate assessment.

JLBB
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

This is how you get dates on Tinder

IMG_3254-21-08-18-11-56.PNG
IMG_3254-21-08-18-11-56.PNG (148.18 KiB) Viewed 1048 times
IMG_3256-21-08-18-11-56.PNG
IMG_3256-21-08-18-11-56.PNG (164.35 KiB) Viewed 1048 times

Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Post by Afro_Vacancy » 10 months ago

JeanLucBB wrote:
10 months ago

Does your profile text indicate that you're into rough sex?

JLBB
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
10 months ago
Does your profile text indicate that you're into rough sex?
No, in fact I don't even have a profile description.

Johnson
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie

JeanLucBB wrote:
10 months ago

That's awesome.

I've never sexted myself and I have plenty of hook ups.

Its great to see many different styles work for different people.

I've tried other peoples 'style' when i was younger and clueless and i usually failed.

JasonStatham
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW3.5

Post by JasonStatham » 10 months ago

JeanLucBB wrote:
10 months ago

I would not have the mental energy to write some random slut day after day and pray she response like in your case on the 4rd time. That would be too needy for me but I guess you have to on Tinder cause women are in abundance.
Tinder is 90% profile picture so when guys sending their "text game" on Tinder and add: "This is how you get girls" I want to see your Tinder pictures or it has 0 weight.

JLBB
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

JasonStatham wrote:
10 months ago
I would not have the mental energy to write some random slut day after day and pray she response like in your case on the 4rd time. That would be too needy for me but I guess you have to on Tinder cause women are in abundance.
Tinder is 90% profile picture so when guys sending their "text game" on Tinder and add: "This is how you get girls" I want to see your Tinder pictures or it has 0 weight.
Considering a lot of even average women have well over 1000 matches in a few months,I tend to give benefit of the doubt that they might have missed it on a first message. If nothing on a second a short amount after I'll just say something attention grabbing a few months later and see if I can salvage something out of it.

I only have one pic and its a selfie. Not that what I sent there is considered grade A text game because I've said similar many times without it working, but I've had girls show me their Tinders before and 80% is "Hey", and the other "15% is "Hey, how are you doing today, would you like to get coffee sometime?" which is equally cucked and pathetic. So anything that reflects you don't have the character of a cucked brick wall does fine from what I've found as long as you're even slightly above average looking.

Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

JeanLucBB wrote:
10 months ago
Considering a lot of even average women have well over 1000 matches in a few months,I tend to give benefit of the doubt that they might have missed it on a first message. If nothing on a second a short amount after I'll just say something attention grabbing a few months later and see if I can salvage something out of it.

I only have one pic and its a selfie. Not that what I sent there is considered grade A text game because I've said similar many times without it working, but I've had girls show me their Tinders before and 80% is "Hey", and the other "15% is "Hey, how are you doing today, would you like to get coffee sometime?" which is equally cucked and pathetic. So anything that reflects you don't have the character of a cucked brick wall does fine from what I've found as long as you're even slightly above average looking.
I have seen your photos in your hair transplant thread. Your looks may not be elite, but they are comfortably and unambiguously above-average relative to your peer group off white men in their early-to-mid twenties.

As for "would you like to get coffee sometime", it's not necessarily cucked. That's how my (good-looking, not as good-looking as you) cousin met his wife. He did not engage in mind games, he did not try to "get to know the women first", or whatever. He matched, and if he wanted to meet up, he said "Would you like to meet up for a drink?" He had ~40 dates in 3 months and then finally met a woman that he wanted to stay with.

How about dinner/coffee/drinks isn't about begging as you're implying it to be, it's about skipping bullshit and moving to the batter's box.

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: - 5% Minoxidil once a day and Adenosin shampoo
- Discontinued due to lack of results: Stemoxydine and dermarolling

Post by Admin » 10 months ago

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
10 months ago
I have seen your photos in your hair transplant thread. Your looks may not be elite, but they are comfortably and unambiguously above-average relative to your peer group off white men in their early-to-mid twenties.

As for "would you like to get coffee sometime", it's not necessarily cucked. That's how my (good-looking, not as good-looking as you) cousin met his wife. He did not engage in mind games, he did not try to "get to know the women first", or whatever. He matched, and if he wanted to meet up, he said "Would you like to meet up for a drink?" He had ~40 dates in 3 months and then finally met a woman that he wanted to stay with.

How about dinner/coffee/drinks isn't about begging as you're implying it to be, it's about skipping bullshit and moving to the batter's box.
Yeah, I was basically a cuck all the time then. I liked to keep it simple, while still making it match my personality.

I don't believe you have to be original, witty and funny all the time. Watch any great comedy and you'll realize that most of them aren't trying to be funny and witty 100% of the time, they're embedded in a story with other elements that are necessary, like tragedy and other more trivial moments.

I don't know if that makes sense, let's say that when I was dating, I always made sure it felt as natural as possible without being boring, even though again, like with anything, you will need to accept that there will be more boring and trivial moments, and I believe that's OK and even necessary.

Only yesterday I was joking with my girlfriend about how I asked her out on Tinder, very fast, to the point, but still with a touch of humor, which in the end will hopefully turn out to be the truth. "What are you looking for here?" "The future mother of my children" <= I guess that makes me the king of the cucks. That's what I wanted to say, she laughed, but it was obvious I had her at "hey how are you?".

One shouldn't overthink those parts even though everything matters to an extent. You have to decide who you want to be, if you decide that 5-6 messages back and forth is enough before asking the girl to meet and you see it works for some girls, you're good, you don't need to justify yourself or adapt your methods and change your personality to please every girl who won't accept it, because acting like that would make you a cuck in my opinion.

Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

Admin wrote:
10 months ago
Yeah, I was basically a cuck all the time then. I liked to keep it simple, while still making it match my personality.

I don't believe you have to be original, witty and funny all the time. Watch any great comedy and you'll realize that most of them aren't trying to be funny and witty 100% of the time, they're embedded in a story with other elements that are necessary, like tragedy and other more trivial moments.

I don't know if that makes sense, let's say that when I was dating, I always made sure it felt as natural as possible without being boring, even though again, like with anything, you will need to accept that there will be more boring and trivial moments, and I believe that's OK and even necessary.

Only yesterday I was joking with my girlfriend about how I asked her out on Tinder, very fast, to the point, but still with a touch of humor, which in the end will hopefully turn out to be the truth. "What are you looking for here?" "The future mother of my children" <= I guess that makes me the king of the cucks. That's what I wanted to say, she laughed, but it was obvious I had her at "hey how are you?".

One shouldn't overthink those parts even though everything matters to an extent. You have to decide who you want to be, if you decide that 5-6 messages back and forth is enough before asking the girl to meet and you see it works for some girls, you're good, you don't need to justify yourself or adapt your methods and change your personality to please every girl who won't accept it, because acting like that would make you a cuck in my opinion.
Yes, I agree. In fairness to @JeanLucBB, I think that he's being himself -- he's looking for dirty sex.

You and I have similar philosophies on humor.

Johnson
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie

Admin wrote:
10 months ago

Overthinking is where most people go wrong - its best left to pua's and women.

Knowing there is abundance of availible women out there is what liberates us from being sexually needy towards one person.

Arjen
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW5
Regimen: Shaving

Post by Arjen » 6 months ago

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
10 months ago
2) On the other hand, I do remember you saying on HairLossTalk that women like Daisey Ridley and Felicity Jones are common and widely available. That was a strange comment in its own right.
Saw a movie with Felicity in it. In her pics she can look from a 6 to a 9, in the animated pictures world she is at at least a 7 in the actress world and probably an 8, if I were to encounter her in real life. She is lovely.

Daisy is attractive, but something about her (mouth area and eyes?) makes her look too aggressive to me.