Yet another Tinder experiment

Since hair loss and dating are closely intertwined: discuss how to improve your chances with women.
Arjen
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW5
Regimen: Shaving

Re: Yet another Tinder experiment

Post by Arjen » 10 months ago

JeanLucBB wrote:
10 months ago
Jenna Malone is a 9 in the weirder and more "I'd like to fuck" orientated sense.
That's interesting, because I showed you girls in the past and we were pretty much aligned, so I can openly say without feeling my standards are ridiculous: Jenna Malone does absolutely nothing for me, even trying to be objective only slightly above average in my book.

JLBB
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW1
Regimen: 0.25mg Finasteride

Post by JLBB » 10 months ago

Arjen wrote:
10 months ago
That's interesting, because I showed you girls in the past and we were pretty much aligned, so I can openly say without feeling my standards are ridiculous: Jenna Malone does absolutely nothing for me, even trying to be objective only slightly above average in my book.
In terms of my more objective rating I think she is a 6, but it doesn't necessarily align with sexual attraction I find. Also it probably helps that I like her in motion and personality-wise from what I've seen in films and interviews.

Rudiger
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: Finasteride, Dutasteride, minoxidil, Biotin, Dermarolling, Nizoral

Post by Rudiger » 10 months ago

Arjen wrote:
10 months ago
Herein lays the appeal- you may well think she does nothing for you, but if she got naked and on top of you = she's 11/10 m8.

Obviously this also goes for hot girls but sometimes the more average quirky looking ones we think we couldn't give a fuck about, in reality if it came to it we definitely would.

This is what Jenna Malone represents to me, and I'd put Emma Roberts in the same category (though slightly prettier).
~get 1k likes and party~ 8-)

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Regimen: - 5% Minoxidil once a day and Adenosin shampoo
- Discontinued due to lack of results: Stemoxydine and dermarolling

Post by Admin » 10 months ago

Rudiger wrote:
10 months ago
Herein lays the appeal- you may well think she does nothing for you, but if she got naked and on top of you = she's 11/10 m8.
Great bro wisdom right there. If you don't believe that @Arjen, try it out, I didn't believe it too but then you meet this barely average girl who's obviously into you, and you think "meh I'm not sure I want to go through with it", then you go to her place, talk a bit on the bed, and it starts, you kiss her, and before you know it, you'll be inside of her enjoying her moans, facial expressions and even her A cup tits.

Rudiger
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Regimen: Finasteride, Dutasteride, minoxidil, Biotin, Dermarolling, Nizoral

Post by Rudiger » 10 months ago

Admin wrote:
10 months ago
Great bro wisdom right there. If you don't believe that @Arjen, try it out, I didn't believe it too but then you meet this barely average girl who's obviously into you, and you think "meh I'm not sure I want to go through with it", then you go to her place, talk a bit on the bed, and it starts, you kiss her, and before you know it, you'll be inside of her enjoying her moans, facial expressions and even her A cup tits.
Well I'm not doubting Arjen has had such experiences, not being sure whether to get his end away because of the attractiveness of the girl, and then loving it. The odd thing about this kind of Malone sexual appeal is that she's actually more common, yet would be so hot in bed. I think we just kinda forget that when comparing her to top notch Gal Gadots of the world and then look at Malone like "meh, maybe after 6 beers".

Oh yeah, maybe if she's lucky.
~get 1k likes and party~ 8-)

Arjen
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Admin wrote:
10 months ago
How does Emily Mortimer compare to you guys to Jena Malone? Is Emily Mortimer "objectively" hotter than Malone or do I see in her what you see in Jena? I've tried with girls who bring that extra motivation and commitment, it's nice for sure, but unfortunately, it does not increase my lust signficantly, it's just, well, nice (also for the ego). In the end, I agree: I find women I objectively find "just" ok, but subjectively stunning the most interesting - it's just that I fear they are rare for me.

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Regimen: - 5% Minoxidil once a day and Adenosin shampoo
- Discontinued due to lack of results: Stemoxydine and dermarolling

Post by Admin » 10 months ago

Arjen wrote:
10 months ago
How does Emily Mortimer compare to you guys to Jena Malone? Is Emily Mortimer "objectively" hotter than Malone or do I see in her what you see in Jena? I've tried with girls who bring that extra motivation and commitment, it's nice for sure, but unfortunately, it does not increase my lust signficantly, it's just, well, nice (also for the ego). In the end, I agree: I find women I objectively find "just" ok, but subjectively stunning the most interesting - it's just that I fear they are rare for me.
Overanalytical Arjen :p.

All I see is slim not deformed white girl, and all I think is "I'd bang".

Even girls who have one or two exaggerated facial features (long nose for example), I'd go for it.

The only no-no for me are black or fat girls and the ones with a bad case of acne or bad hygiene.

Arjen
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Admin wrote:
10 months ago
Overanalytical Arjen :p.

All I see is slim not deformed white girl, and all I think is "I'd bang".

Even girls who have one or two exaggerated facial features (long nose for example), I'd go for it.

The only no-no for me are black or fat girls and the ones with a bad case of acne or bad hygiene.
Haha, but you must be seeing my reason for asking, right? I also see why you write what you wrote: your scope is wider, but I too have that cateogry of "she's is objectively not that special, but oh she could do so much for ME". Emily is objectively similar to Malone, but WAY above her in my very personal book. Rudiger is partly right, maybe I just haven't tried enough with grls not fitting that bill, but I have tried.

DerPapillus
Hair Loss Newbie
Hair Loss Newbie

Post by DerPapillus » 10 months ago

Admin wrote:
10 months ago
I guess girls will be more likely to give you a chance in real life because of the trust factor, and this one is huge. You're right there in front of her eyes and if you're attractive enough to her and don't seem to pose a threat, she's likely to go for you.

Trust is still hard to establish with online dating apps and I suspect there's little that can be done to correct that, possibly a short video of the person in question? But who would be ready to do that?

There are women that you just won't find on dating apps and vice-versa, that's why diversifying is key. Online dating has its place and I wouldn't have met my girlfriend (and dozens of one night stands and flings before her) without it, but there are other venues and opportunities, like attending meet-ups, afterwork drinks, frequenting a particular scene (metal, techno, etc.), having a hobby that allows you to meet girls, etc.

You can invest your time optimally in each venue, for online dating, I explained it in another thread: spam, spam, spam, but intelligently, once the machine is running with good pictures and simple message templates, there is nothing you can do to improve your chances, I repeat, nothing.

Don't look for hope where there is none. No you wouldn't have gotten that girl if you had just been a little funnier, if you had "held frame" or if you had worn that nice pair of Italian shoes. Barring some huge unforgivable mistake, the fact that you stuttered a couple of times or appeared a bit shy didn't matter. If the girl likes you, and I meant truly likes you (that line is clear-cut), she'll forgive a lot.

On the other hand, if she doesn't like you, she'll use the tiniest mistake on your part to justify why you didn't make the cut. It's not worth you time and effort. Concentrate on the girls that like you whether it's online or offline. But I agree, you need to be in the top 15-20% to make it on Tinder, since all women find the bottom 80-85% of men to be downright unattractive. Since you'll be judged entirely on your looks, you will just stand no chance.

Some characteristics can help bump your rating like your adding your height to your profile if you're tall or your job if it's prestigious (like male nurse for example @Rudiger ). Pictures with friends, on holiday, skydiving, playing an instrument (on stage) or with cute animals will also help slightly, but very slightly. Anything you can do to show your SMV (Sexual Market Value) will help. Don't do tons of course, subtlety is always advised, we all know that even if you're muscular, many girls will roll their eyes if you have an in-your-face shirtless picture.

If you still get jack shit once you have a profile like I described, it's time for you to take a business trip to Thailand (damn I wish shookwun would find his way here :p).
Hi man,

So I'm doing my own little experiment on online dating and could use the tips
of a veteran like yourself, so..

Would you please point me to that other thread where you go more in depth
about ''the machine running'' and ''message templates''?

I'm just trying to get ahead of ''the game''!

If it's too much hassle, then I understand.

Cheers :)
''I have hope for life man'' - buckthorn, 2018

Marki
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie

Post by Marki » 10 months ago

Admin wrote:
10 months ago
Great bro wisdom right there. If you don't believe that try it out, I didn't believe it too but then you meet this barely average girl who's obviously into you, and you think "meh I'm not sure I want to go through with it", then you go to her place, talk a bit on the bed, and it starts, you kiss her, and before you know it, you'll be inside of her enjoying her moans, facial expressions and even her A cup tits.
Isn't this why a lot of people end up with the wrong person, 50% divorce rate and the other 40% are miserable stuck in a marriage they can't easily exit?

It's a bonding thing for sure, but the sex will get boring, then subsequently you find out your personalities are different and you should have never been together in the first place.

Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Post by Afro_Vacancy » 10 months ago

JeanLucBB wrote:
10 months ago
In terms of my more objective rating I think she is a 6, but it doesn't necessarily align with sexual attraction I find. Also it probably helps that I like her in motion and personality-wise from what I've seen in films and interviews.
In which movies have you seen and enjoyed Jena Malone?

Hairblues
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW1.5
Regimen: Topical minoxidil and finasteride

Post by Hairblues » 10 months ago

JeanLucBB wrote:
10 months ago
I think I figured it out.

Some of you like this really girlish look like Jena Malone has a very ‘young’ look but she’s probably not going to look good in few years I think she may get kind of plain eventually.

@That Guy seems to like women who will most likely still be hot as they get older
Like good bone structure perhaps. Not sure.

Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Hairblues wrote:
10 months ago
I think I figured it out.

Some of you like this really girlish look like Jena Malone has a very ‘young’ look but she’s probably not going to look good in few years I think she may get kind of plain eventually.
@That Guy seems to like women who will most likely still be hot as they get older
Like good bone structure perhaps. Not sure.
It's difficult to explain, but Jena Malone genuinely just moves and talks in a more sensual manner.

Here's a relatively famous scene of her:

She rocked that entire movie, she lifted a bit role.
More:

She contrasts well to someone like ScarJo, who looks hot in a static image, but lacks vitality.

I think that her career could have gone further, but unfortunately, she's not as hot in static images, and she may have been hurt from her association with the non-auteur Zack Snyder. Emily Browning, Abbie Cornish, etc all lost time investing their effort into that sucker punch of a movie. Malone subsequently wasted time filming some scenes for the even worse Batman v Superman, that ended up on the cutting room floor.

JLBB
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW1
Regimen: 0.25mg Finasteride

Post by JLBB » 10 months ago

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
10 months ago
In which movies have you seen and enjoyed Jena Malone?
The Neon Demon, Donnie Darko (Forever "The" Jenna Malone film), Inherent Vice (Not a great film overall but interesting) and a few more mainstream things that I'm not a fan of in general like the Hunger Games. I would say her filmography is fairly mediocre overall but her presence consistently worthwhile and interesting, + her Donnie Darko role and the film itself are classic.

Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

JeanLucBB wrote:
10 months ago
The Neon Demon, Donnie Darko (Forever "The" Jenna Malone film), Inherent Vice (Not a great film overall but interesting) and a few more mainstream things that I'm not a fan of in general like the Hunger Games. I would say her filmography is fairly mediocre overall but her presence consistently worthwhile and interesting, + her Donnie Darko role and the film itself are classic.
Oh, I forgot about Inherent Vice.

Some people loved it, some did not. I, for one, did not, but I'd like to try watching it again with subtitles. I don't know what got into PTA, but the dialogue was mumbled throughout the movie, and thus it was very hard to follow.