Yet another Tinder experiment

Since hair loss and dating are closely intertwined: discuss how to improve your chances with women.
White Ferrari
Hair Loss Novice
Hair Loss Novice
Norwood: NW3.5

Re: Yet another Tinder experiment

Post by White Ferrari » 5 months ago

JasonStatham wrote:
5 months ago
There is always the saying: "Even for the hottest girl, there is a guy that is tired of her shit" or something like this.
I've heard "behind every hot girl there's a guy whose who's tired of fucking her" 8-)

That Guy
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW2.5

Post by That Guy » 5 months ago

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
5 months ago
@That Guy

1) Shania Twain is hot.

2) On the other hand, I do remember you saying on HairLossTalk that women like Daisey Ridley and Felicity Jones are common and widely available. That was a strange comment in its own right.
A comment I stand by. Those two are not special and terribly unique looking.

Not many women actually look like Shania Twain, Tricia Helfer or Elizabeth Hurley did in the 25-35 age range. That kind of face is pretty uncommon.

Most women do not look like this. Full-stop.

Plenty of women look like Daisy Ridley or Felicity Jones. Attractive, but not earth-shatteringly hot, model looks. They're just normal women in decent shape and wear makeup.

This is just the most bizarre thing I have encountered on any of these forums. The way that people talk, it's like 99% of women look like Mama June or something...but they don't. It's not like attractiveness is this all-or-nothing deal that people around here make it out to be and it's not like 10s look like 10s every day. It's like guys have this idea that when they find a certain girl attractive, any other that doesn't look like her is by default "unattractive".

If you find this woman attractive:

But cannot find a sizeable number of women who are ALSO attractive to you in your day-to-day travels, I'm sorry but you are doing something wrong.

Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Post by Afro_Vacancy » 5 months ago

That Guy wrote:
5 months ago
A comment I stand by. Those two are not special and terribly unique looking.

Not many women actually look like Shania Twain, Tricia Helfer or Elizabeth Hurley did in the 25-35 age range. That kind of face is pretty uncommon.

Most women do not look like this. Full-stop.

Plenty of women look like Daisy Ridley or Felicity Jones. Attractive, but not earth-shatteringly hot, model looks. They're just normal women in decent shape and wear makeup.

This is just the most bizarre thing I have encountered on any of these forums. The way that people talk, it's like 99% of women look like Mama June or something...but they don't. It's not like attractiveness is this all-or-nothing deal that people around here make it out to be and it's not like 10s look like 10s every day. It's like guys have this idea that when they find a certain girl attractive, any other that doesn't look like her is by default "unattractive".

If you find this woman attractive:

But cannot find a sizeable number of women who are ALSO attractive to you in your day-to-day travels, I'm sorry but you are doing something wrong.
There are not plenty of women like Felicity Jones. Bear in mind that she's 34 now, for a comparison this is what she looked like at 26:
Just absolutely mesmerizing, even more so in motion. The picture above is from Like Crazy (a lovely movie), and she was also lovely in Theory of Everything, which came out in 2014.

I am of course not restricting the comparison to who I date (lol). Some of the dating sites show you the most liked members nearby. I go out regularly, I work and interact with a lot of people, I can pay attention to who else I see in restaurants, gyms, et cetera. In general, within the United States, the average woman is 5'3 tall and weighs 169 lbs, with an average dress size of 16, so the contrast is large.

Yes there are women as attractive as Felicity Jones or Daisey Ridley, but they're rare and good luck getting with them. I'm thinking, for example, of a strikingly beautiful yoga instructor that I know. Yes, I see her in "day-to-day travels" ... I've also met her Husband. He's 6'4, athletic, and has all of his hair.

And Elizabeth Hurley is kind of a straw man comparison ...

That Guy
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
5 months ago
Yes there are women as attractive as Felicity Jones or Daisey Ridley, but they're rare
I disagree.

I'd be interested in seeing a picture of what you'd consider to be a garden-variety "attractive" woman.

JeanLucBB
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Norwood: NW1
Regimen: 0.25mg Finasteride

Post by JeanLucBB » 5 months ago

Interesting how much peoples tastes differ on what is average and what is close to a ten. Personally I agree with Afro on this one. I also don't agree that how common certain features are necessarily dictates whether or not they are attractive. Felicity Jones is one who is very plain looking but simultaneously has a flawless feminine quality that is definitely in the 8-9 range.

to be honest just looking at the girls That Guy mentions he seems to just have awful taste. Like, hard not to just say objectively bad taste.

That Guy
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

JeanLucBB wrote:
5 months ago
Interesting how much peoples tastes differ on what is average and what is close to a ten. Personally I agree with Afro on this one. I also don't agree that how common certain features are necessarily dictates whether or not they are attractive. Felicity Jones is one who is very plain looking but simultaneously has a flawless feminine quality that is definitely in the 8-9 range.

to be honest just looking at the girls That Guy mentions he seems to just have awful taste. Like, hard not to just say objectively bad taste.
Lol k

Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

That Guy wrote:
5 months ago
I disagree.

I'd be interested in seeing a picture of what you'd consider to be a garden-variety "attractive" woman.
It's hard to do as I don't want to put up photos of people that I know. It feels mean somehow.

And then if they're on TV or in movies, they're either above-average, or they're playing the role of the "fat friend" like Rebel Wilson. The spectrum is incomplete and thus it's hard to think of an example who is a celebrity.

Jena Malone, who played Johana Mason in Hunger Games Catching Fire, might qualify as hot without being exceptionally hot, though it took some effort to find a representative picture:
She also played Rocket in Sucker Punch.
She gets plus points for personality, body language, attitude, and voice though. I assume that she must be an incredible sex kitten.

Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Lena Heady in Dredd:
Unambiguously hotter than average, but not model tier.

I can't think of many (celebrity) examples noticeably less attractive than her but still above average, but if I think of one I'll post back.

That Guy
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
5 months ago
It's hard to do as I don't want to put up photos of people that I know. It feels mean somehow.

And then if they're on TV or in movies, they're either above-average, or they're playing the role of the "fat friend" like Rebel Wilson. The spectrum is incomplete and thus it's hard to think of an example who is a celebrity.

Jena Malone, who played Johana Mason in Hunger Games Catching Fire, might qualify as hot without being exceptionally hot, though it took some effort to find a representative picture:
She also played Rocket in Sucker Punch,
She gets plus points for personality, body language, attitude, and voice though. I assume that she must be an incredible sex kitten.
I'd say she's more attractive than Felicity Jones, but I would still agree that she's not the "exceptionally hot" type.

to be honest, it's pretty obvious that you particularly like Felicity Jones and as such, are probably putting her on a pedestal.

While "hot" is considerably subjective at a point, this goes on what I talked about in one my first posts here about "upper limits" and that most attractive women are just normal women at that their upper limit. I would say that some of the examples you have shared demonstrate this.

But I firmly stand by my point that this is nothing out of the ordinary in the off-camera world.

I consider "average" to be a baseline, normal person who has fairly balanced facial features, decent skin, intact hair, and is of lower, but healthy bodyfat. Women have the advantage of being able to use makeup to help make up for a bit of asymmetry or blemishes, etc and thus a "six" could look like an "eight". but the point still remains that MOST people who aren't fucked up some how or fat fall within this category, but women generally care more about upholding it.

Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

That Guy wrote:
5 months ago
I'd say she's more attractive than Felicity Jones, but I would still agree that she's not the "exceptionally hot" type.

to be honest, it's pretty obvious that you particularly like Felicity Jones and as such, are probably putting her on a pedestal.

While "hot" is considerably subjective at a point, this goes on what I talked about in one my first posts here about "upper limits" and that most attractive women are just normal women at that their upper limit. I would say that some of the examples you have shared demonstrate this.

But I firmly stand by my point that this is nothing out of the ordinary in the off-camera world.

I consider "average" to be a baseline, normal person who has fairly balanced facial features, decent skin, intact hair, and is of lower, but healthy bodyfat. Women have the advantage of being able to use makeup to help make up for a bit of asymmetry or blemishes, etc and thus a "six" could look like an "eight". but the point still remains that MOST people who aren't fucked up some how or fat fall within this category, but women generally care more about upholding it.
For me, average means statistically average. Further, I don't actually know if attractiveness follows a Gaussian distribution, so when I say average I really mean at the median of one's peer group (age, geography, etc).

Rudiger
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Regimen: Finasteride, Dutasteride, minoxidil, Biotin, Dermarolling, Nizoral

Post by Rudiger » 5 months ago

I still find Jenna Malone hot as fuck, though maybe that's more in a girl next door kinda way. Well like a slutty girl next door.

Basically because she's not stunning, she's a celebrity who is a bit closer to imagine banging in reality. I guess that's the appeal.

I now think Felicity Jones is totally gorgeous, ThatGuy deciding to cherry pick the worst ever recorded photo of her made me Google her pictures more and she's got beautiful cheekbones and face structure, but very subtle features too. And I still stand by Daisy Ridley being a solid 8, if still a little goofy/awkward looking. I bet she's hot in those new Star Wars films that I'll never see. I will say this though, there's no way she'd be the sex symbol/fap icon she is now if it wasn't for that breakthrough role, like we wouldn't be bothering assessing her attractiveness right now but more interestingly, if she had continued being in lesser roles I doubt I would have noticed how hot she actually is.
~get 1k likes and party~ 8-)

That Guy
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
5 months ago
For me, average means statistically average. Further, I don't actually know if attractiveness follows a Gaussian distribution, so when I say average I really mean at the median of one's peer group (age, geography, etc).
I'm willing to bet that if you did share pics of women you actually knew (not at all saying a sane person would do that here), that half of them, at least, are probably not that bad.

JasonStatham
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW3.5

Post by JasonStatham » 5 months ago

That Guy wrote:
5 months ago
I'm willing to bet that if you did share pics of women you actually knew (not at all saying a sane person would do that here), that half of them, at least, are probably not that bad.
We need a "rate my Tinder date" section. Would be fun.

Arjen
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW5
Regimen: Shaving

Post by Arjen » 5 months ago

An actress I've always found very appealing but I wouldn't classify as typically pretty or hot is Emily Mortimer.

JeanLucBB
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Norwood: NW1
Regimen: 0.25mg Finasteride

Post by JeanLucBB » 5 months ago

Rudiger wrote:
5 months ago
I still find Jenna Malone hot as fuck, though maybe that's more in a girl next door kinda way. Well like a slutty girl next door.

Basically because she's not stunning, she's a celebrity who is a bit closer to imagine banging in reality. I guess that's the appeal.

I now think Felicity Jones is totally gorgeous, ThatGuy deciding to cherry pick the worst ever recorded photo of her made me Google her pictures more and she's got beautiful cheekbones and face structure, but very subtle features too. And I still stand by Daisy Ridley being a solid 8, if still a little goofy/awkward looking. I bet she's hot in those new Star Wars films that I'll never see. I will say this though, there's no way she'd be the sex symbol/fap icon she is now if it wasn't for that breakthrough role, like we wouldn't be bothering assessing her attractiveness right now but more interestingly, if she had continued being in lesser roles I doubt I would have noticed how hot she actually is.
Jenna Malone is a 9 in the weirder and more "I'd like to fuck" orientated sense.