Yet another Tinder experiment

Since hair loss and dating are closely intertwined: discuss how to improve your chances with women.
justin
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: Nothing

Re: Yet another Tinder experiment

Post by justin » 7 months ago

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
7 months ago
I'm so sorry to be so jaded, but I wonder if that comment was written by a man masquerading as a woman, to try and be better heard.
Possibly, but I like it either way.
Even when I’m lying on my back I’m never backing down.

Grasshopper
Hair Loss Newbie
Hair Loss Newbie
Norwood: NW1
Regimen: finasteride 0.5mg, RU58841 2x40mg, Dermarolling bleeding weekly, Microdose minoxidil

Post by Grasshopper » 7 months ago

Arjen wrote:
7 months ago
Your suspicion is probably justified - because women, the article illustrates it, refuse or are unable to acknowedledge the most simple dynamics in this regard.
On Thursday, I was out with a female friend. She is very rational and straightforward in general, but even she insisted: „If a guy sleeps with a woman, he must find her physically attrative enough for more.“ That is just not the case: men take whatever little they can get - unless they are Arjen and barely have sex as a consequence. Point being: I work like a woman, but I can still easily see how it works for most men.
Yup you are right. There are a few lucid girls, but they learnt by making the same mistakes again and again.

Arjen
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW5
Regimen: Shaving

Post by Arjen » 7 months ago

Grasshopper wrote:
7 months ago
Yup you are right. There are a few lucid girls, but they learnt by making the same mistakes again and again.
Or honestly, it would be enough to just observe others make them. Having said that, I might be the same if I were a women and all these pseudo-options presented themselves.

justin
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie

So I've been putting quite a decent amount of effort into engineering a perfect profile - whether it's the pics, all in optimal lighting showing a head full of hair (in my main pic, which I took yesterday after a haircut, my hair actually looks soft - like the hair I used to have pre-advanced balding), or the bio being more interesting and appealing than the average guy. And last evening I was getting bombarded with likes so it seems like it's working. xD

Xexos
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW1.5
Regimen: Finasteride 1.25 MG ED .. Tea Tree Shampoo 3x a week

Post by Xexos » 7 months ago

Admin wrote:
1 year ago
https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/0 ... 27732.html

Wolf Pack's profile picture since July 2012:

Soy boy smile helps too:

That's not what I mean when I said you should have pictures with your friends :p.
lol is that Wolf Pack seriously ?

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: - 5% Minoxidil once a day and Head & Shoulders caffeine shampoo
- Discontinued due to lack of results: Stemoxydine and dermarolling

Post by Admin » 7 months ago

Stan22 wrote:
7 months ago
lol is that Wolf Pack seriously ?
Nah it was a joke ;).

JLBB
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Regimen: 0.25mg Finasteride

Post by JLBB » 7 months ago

Wish I had one of those Boris selfies for my Tinder to be honest

Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Post by Afro_Vacancy » 7 months ago

JLBB wrote:
7 months ago
Wish I had one of those Boris selfies for my Tinder to be honest
It's probably not hard to get a selfie with Pauline Hanson.

You can get one with Peter Dutton as well. You'll look strikingly handsome by comparison.

JLBB
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
7 months ago
It's probably not hard to get a selfie with Pauline Hanson.

You can get one with Peter Dutton as well. You'll look strikingly handsome by comparison.
xD Being in Collingwood not sure if I’d get a single match with either of those even on 1000 swipes

blackg
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

Post by blackg » 7 months ago

JLBB wrote:
7 months ago
xD Being in Collingwood not sure if I’d get a single match with either of those even on 1000 swipes
Bob Katter would welcome you with open arms.
Don't kneel because you feel

JLBB
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

justin wrote:
7 months ago
So I've been putting quite a decent amount of effort into engineering a perfect profile - whether it's the pics, all in optimal lighting showing a head full of hair (in my main pic, which I took yesterday after a haircut, my hair actually looks soft - like the hair I used to have pre-advanced balding), or the bio being more interesting and appealing than the average guy. And last evening I was getting bombarded with likes so it seems like it's working. xD
What surgeon did you go to and what Norwood did you start? Any chance you'd post photos of your transplant results?

justin
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie

JLBB wrote:
7 months ago
What surgeon did you go to and what Norwood did you start? Any chance you'd post photos of your transplant results?
A local clinic in my country.

When I had my 1st transplant I was NW5 or very close. I was at the point where I had to buzz my head and rock the baldie which looked awful. As you can see, my situation has improved significantly.
Last edited by justin 7 months ago, edited 1 time in total.

Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Post by Afro_Vacancy » 7 months ago

justin wrote:
7 months ago
A local clinic in my country.

When I had my 1st transplant I was NW5 or very close. I was at the point where I had to buzz my head and rock the baldie which looked awful. As you can see, my situation has improved significantly.
Fantastic result.

justin
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
7 months ago
Fantastic result.
Thanks mate. Just goes to show that many bald guys really don't HAVE TO be that way. But what I usually hear from them in real life is along the lines of "I've been bald for years. It did bother me a bit at first, but I got used to it.. it is what it is". The human survival instinct is too strong.

Arjen
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW5
Regimen: Shaving

Post by Arjen » 2 months ago

Set my age to 27 (10 years younger than I actually am), only 1 pic, with hat. :problem:
The likes are now of a quality where I‘d without the cheating think: ok, not my dream girls, but, well, fair, finally some who are ~6, why not meet a few of them if they seem somewhat reasonable otherwise. While this to me feels like the (still quite low) level I feel I „deserve“, it surely doesn‘t mean I cn reach it. Not at 37, not with a bald head.
Social circle/work gets my access to attractive women, but it‘s really ridiculous by now to witness how your looks are your (only) cap. While the 6.5 who bought me a beer makes sure I may of course return the favor, but at the next group gathering (which was my envisioned setting anyway...), the 3-4 openly suggests that we don‘t need to wait for such an occasion. This is the latest of so many similar examples that I am resigning. The women I like are not interested, the dating market has decided so, and it really doesn‘t matter whether I find this fair.
The options remaining are:
- Importing a cute woman, from Mexico or so. Providing wouldn‘t necessarily be my main concern, but I like interesting conversations (a reason why good-looking women from work like me, I suppose) and I like things neat and tidy. I‘m weary of mentality conflicts and language barriers.
- Settling for a smart and affluent Swiss woman and dating down in looks. Having the smart & affluent part fulfilled would still leave me in a better place than most average men here. Apart from nationality, I had this set-up before and it made me unhappy.
- Coming to terms with the prospect of leading the life of now but without hoping for and seeking women.
I‘m leaning towards option 3, with not nearly as much bitterness as one might expect.