Yet another Tinder experiment

Since hair loss and dating are closely intertwined: discuss how to improve your chances with women.
Arjen
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW5
Regimen: Shaving

Yet another Tinder experiment

Post by Arjen » 1 year ago

So, since I have Tinder Gold left for another few months, I decided it was time for another experiment. I deliberately chose a non-Chad, but a guy who is a) younger than me (6 years, i.e.30), b) has hair and that I c) consider something like 1 point above me looks-wise (he’s also taller, 1.84, and face-wise same level or in my opinion slightly above me).

After 48 hours (which is the period I’d normally get most of the likes) I can say: no increase in term of quality or quantity in terms of likes received.

A good friend of mine has more matches, slightly better ones too. He’s certainly not above my experiment-guy, but he has a good profile.

Hence, my summary after previously having tested with a Chad and now a younger 7: On Tinder, being ugly or decent-looking doesn’t make a tangible difference, especially if you do not maintain a good prfile along with it, mentioning hobbies, job, displaying some class. Zurich is horrible. Even Chad had only few good-looking girls liking him, but interestingly they were not age-related, with very young girls being just as likely to like him as women his age.

JasonStatham
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW3.5

Re: Yet another Tinder experiment

Post by JasonStatham » 1 year ago

Arjen wrote:
1 year ago
So, since I have Tinder Gold left for another few months, I decided it was time for another experiment. I deliberately chose a non-Chad, but a guy who is a) younger than me (6 years, i.e.30), b) has hair and that I c) consider something like 1 point above me looks-wise (he’s also taller, 1.84, and face-wise same level or in my opinion slightly above me).

After 48 hours (which is the period I’d normally get most of the likes) I can say: no increase in term of quality or quantity in terms of likes received.

A good friend of mine has more matches, slightly better ones too. He’s certainly not above my experiment-guy, but he has a good profile.

Hence, my summary after previously having tested with a Chad and now a younger 7: On Tinder, being ugly or decent-looking doesn’t make a tangible difference, especially if you do not maintain a good prfile along with it, mentioning hobbies, job, displaying some class. Zurich is horrible. Even Chad had only few good-looking girls liking him, but interestingly they were not age-related, with very young girls being just as likely to like him as women his age.
That's what I'm preaching here and on hairlosstalk. Tinder isn't for the average men. I'm also very sure that the increase of the "incel/mgtow" community is because men think Dating Apps = real life. So if I don't have matches on Tinder, I'm ugly and its over. The only place you could use Tinder is maybe south-east Asia and some small towns with boring competitions. I would say in 5 to 10 years, even a profile with Brat Pit will get rejected by your local fat women because she can do "better". God thanks approaching outside of Apps can still get you laid. Maybe that will change soon...

Arjen
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

JasonStatham wrote:
1 year ago
That's what I'm preaching here and on hairlosstalk. Tinder isn't for the average men. I'm also very sure that the increase of the "incel/mgtow" community is because men think Dating Apps = real life. So if I don't have matches on Tinder, I'm ugly and its over. The only place you could use Tinder is maybe south-east Asia and some small towns with boring competitions. I would say in 5 to 10 years, even a profile with Brat Pit will get rejected by your local fat women because she can do "better". God thanks approaching outside of Apps can still get you laid. Maybe that will change soon...
I know you are preaching this, but I don’t want to be the guy who belies himself by blaming everything and everyone except himself. If you say, Tinder is not for the average man, it’s really not even accurate, just that everything below 8 is considered average (at best), as it seems. And that comforts me, to be honest; it really reeks of insecurity, but I like this much more than if I had to see the maybe not handsome, but decent to good-looking due with hair and at the age of 30 doing well.

JasonStatham
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Tinder is not for the average man, it’s really not even accurate
What is not accurate about that? Average SMV is around a 5-6. How do you do as a male 5? Haven't met one guy saying positive stuff about Tinder that isn't a Chad.

The good thing is, the same women that would reject a 5 on Tinder, could be very open to you outside of Tinder.

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: - 5% Minoxidil once a day and Head & Shoulders caffeine shampoo
- Discontinued due to lack of results: Stemoxydine and dermarolling

Post by Admin » 1 year ago

JasonStatham wrote:
1 year ago
I guess girls will be more likely to give you a chance in real life because of the trust factor, and this one is huge. You're right there in front of her eyes and if you're attractive enough to her and don't seem to pose a threat, she's likely to go for you.

Trust is still hard to establish with online dating apps and I suspect there's little that can be done to correct that, possibly a short video of the person in question? But who would be ready to do that?

There are women that you just won't find on dating apps and vice-versa, that's why diversifying is key. Online dating has its place and I wouldn't have met my girlfriend (and dozens of one night stands and flings before her) without it, but there are other venues and opportunities, like attending meet-ups, afterwork drinks, frequenting a particular scene (metal, techno, etc.), having a hobby that allows you to meet girls, etc.

You can invest your time optimally in each venue, for online dating, I explained it in another thread: spam, spam, spam, but intelligently, once the machine is running with good pictures and simple message templates, there is nothing you can do to improve your chances, I repeat, nothing.

Don't look for hope where there is none. No you wouldn't have gotten that girl if you had just been a little funnier, if you had "held frame" or if you had worn that nice pair of Italian shoes. Barring some huge unforgivable mistake, the fact that you stuttered a couple of times or appeared a bit shy didn't matter. If the girl likes you, and I meant truly likes you (that line is clear-cut), she'll forgive a lot.

On the other hand, if she doesn't like you, she'll use the tiniest mistake on your part to justify why you didn't make the cut. It's not worth you time and effort. Concentrate on the girls that like you whether it's online or offline. But I agree, you need to be in the top 15-20% to make it on Tinder, since all women find the bottom 80-85% of men to be downright unattractive. Since you'll be judged entirely on your looks, you will just stand no chance.

Some characteristics can help bump your rating like your adding your height to your profile if you're tall or your job if it's prestigious (like male nurse for example @Rudiger ). Pictures with friends, on holiday, skydiving, playing an instrument (on stage) or with cute animals will also help slightly, but very slightly. Anything you can do to show your SMV will help. Don't do tons of course, subtlety is always advised, we all know that even if you're muscular, many girls will roll their eyes if you have an in-your-face shirtless picture.

If you still get jack shit once you have a profile like I described, it's time for you to take a business trip to Thailand (damn I wish shookwun would find his way here :p).

Arjen
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

JasonStatham wrote:
1 year ago
What is not accurate about that? Average SMV (Sexual Market Value) is around a 5-6. How do you do as a male 5? Haven't met one guy saying positive stuff about Tinder that isn't a Chad.

The good thing is, the same women that would reject a 5 on Tinder, could be very open to you outside of Tinder.
Not accurate as it‘s apparently hell even for a guy I‘d rate a 7, i.e. significantly above average! And that helps me deal with assuming Tinder isn‘t/can‘t be representative, just like you keep saying.

Arjen
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Admin wrote:
1 year ago
I guess girls will be more likely to give you a chance in real life because of the trust factor, and this one is huge. You're right there in front of her eyes and if you're attractive enough to her and don't seem to pose a threat, she's likely to go for you.

Trust is still hard to establish with online dating apps and I suspect there's little that can be done to correct that, possibly a short video of the person in question? But who would be ready to do that?

There are women that you just won't find on dating apps and vice-versa, that's why diversifying is key. Online dating has its place and I wouldn't have met my girlfriend (and dozens of one night stands and flings before her) without it, but there are other venues and opportunities, like attending meet-ups, afterwork drinks, frequenting a particular scene (metal, techno, etc.), having a hobby that allows you to meet girls, etc.

You can invest your time optimally in each venue, for online dating, I explained it in another thread: spam, spam, spam, but intelligently, once the machine is running with good pictures and simple message templates, there is nothing you can do to improve your chances, I repeat, nothing.

Don't look for hope where there is none. No you wouldn't have gotten that girl if you had just been a little funnier, if you had "held frame" or if you had worn that nice pair of Italian shoes. Barring some huge unforgivable mistake, the fact that you stuttered a couple of times or appeared a bit shy didn't matter. If the girl likes you, and I meant truly likes you (that line is clear-cut), she'll forgive a lot.

On the other hand, if she doesn't like you, she'll use the tiniest mistake on your part to justify why you didn't make the cut. It's not worth you time and effort. Concentrate on the girls that like you whether it's online or offline. But I agree, you need to be in the top 15-20% to make it on Tinder, since all women find the bottom 80-85% of men to be downright unattractive. Since you'll be judged entirely on your looks, you will just stand no chance.

Some characteristics can help bump your rating like your adding your height to your profile if you're tall or your job if it's prestigious (like male nurse for example @Rudiger ). Pictures with friends, on holiday, skydiving, playing an instrument (on stage) or with cute animals will also help slightly, but very slightly. Anything you can do to show your SMV (Sexual Market Value) will help. Don't do tons of course, subtlety is always advised, we all know that even if you're muscular, many girls will roll their eyes if you have an in-your-face shirtless picture.

If you still get jack shit once you have a profile like I described, it's time for you to take a business trip to Thailand (damn I wish shookwun would find his way here :p).
Pic with Boris J. maybe?

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: - 5% Minoxidil once a day and Head & Shoulders caffeine shampoo
- Discontinued due to lack of results: Stemoxydine and dermarolling

Post by Admin » 1 year ago

Arjen wrote:
1 year ago
Pic with Boris J. maybe?
https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/0 ... 27732.html

Wolf Pack's profile picture since July 2012:

Soy boy smile helps too:

That's not what I mean when I said you should have pictures with your friends :p.

Arjen
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Admin wrote:
1 year ago
https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/0 ... 27732.html

Wolf Pack's profile picture since July 2012:

Soy boy smile helps too:

That's not what I mean when I said you should have pictures with your friends :p.
Put this on facebook and I guarantee you 1k+ likes. Most of them for the (Mediterranean) skin though.

JasonStatham
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Arjen wrote:
1 year ago
Put this on facebook and I guarantee you 1k+ likes. Most of them for the (Mediterranean) skin though.
At least they have good hair.

Arjen
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Admin wrote:
1 year ago

Some characteristics can help bump your rating like your adding your height to your profile if you're tall or your job if it's prestigious (like male nurse for example @Rudiger ). Pictures with friends, on holiday, skydiving, playing an instrument (on stage) or with cute animals will also help slightly, but very slightly. Anything you can do to show your SMV (Sexual Market Value) will help. Don't do tons of course, subtlety is always advised, we all know that even if you're muscular, many girls will roll their eyes if you have an in-your-face shirtless picture.

As for the „go for the ones who truly want you“: having led a life of wanting to be the one who picks, it‘s actually amazing how it feels when opening up a little to women who want you, because it‘s just sooo unusual to realize you don‘t have to put in much effort, you can‘t do much wrong, you don‘t have to fight (while still getting nothing im return) - but I think really going for such a girl is what in my perception is „settling“ and as such so reluctant to do...unless there were to be one day such a girl who I find physically appealing.

kj6723
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Norwood: NW1.5
Regimen: Dutasteride .5mg daily, minoxidil 5% 1-2x daily, nizoral 1% whenever

Post by kj6723 » 1 year ago

I made a profile some time ago for like a day, and after Afro informed me that swiping right on literally everyone was likely kicking my profile down to irrelevancy on the tinder formula, I deleted it. Months later I again made a profile out of curiosity, both on tinder and bumble, and decided to be moderately picky with my swipes. I kept the profiles up for just a few weeks. I was averaging ~2 matches a day on tinder, although I never went on any dates. On Bumble, I got literally 1 match the whole time.

I am planning to try my hand at online dating hopefully within the next month or 2 when I get my own place, as well as working on approaching more in real life, playing up the numbers game in order to see what happens. While I am not Chad, I suspect I have limited myself by not maximizing the numbers game. I want to make a point of working on my boldness in this matter. @Afro_Vacancy actually really inspired me with the thread he created on the other forum concerning his efforts.

Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Post by Afro_Vacancy » 1 year ago

kj6723 wrote:
1 year ago
I made a profile some time ago for like a day, and after Afro informed me that swiping right on literally everyone was likely kicking my profile down to irrelevancy on the tinder formula, I deleted it. Months later I again made a profile out of curiosity, both on tinder and bumble, and decided to be moderately picky with my swipes. I kept the profiles up for just a few weeks. I was averaging ~2 matches a day on tinder, although I never went on any dates. On Bumble, I got literally 1 match the whole time.

I am planning to try my hand at online dating hopefully within the next month or 2 when I get my own place, as well as working on approaching more in real life, playing up the numbers game in order to see what happens. While I am not Chad, I suspect I have limited myself by not maximizing the numbers game. I want to make a point of working on my boldness in this matter. @Afro_Vacancy actually really inspired me with the thread he created on the other forum concerning his efforts
Are you sure that you deleted the app properly? It's actually a bit of a complicated thing to do. Did you delete it on Facebook as well?
PhD in Internalized Incelism.

kj6723
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Norwood: NW1.5
Regimen: Dutasteride .5mg daily, minoxidil 5% 1-2x daily, nizoral 1% whenever

Post by kj6723 » 1 year ago

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
1 year ago
Are you sure that you deleted the app properly? It's actually a bit of a complicated thing to do. Did you delete it on Facebook as well?
Well the first time around I thought I deleted it....? Because when I made one again I made it literally from scratch. At the moment I still have the profiles I am just set as invisible and not using them, so I'm pretty sure I just have to make the profile public again when I am ready...?

Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Post by Afro_Vacancy » 1 year ago

kj6723 wrote:
1 year ago
Well the first time around I thought I deleted it....? Because when I made one again I made it literally from scratch. At the moment I still have the profiles I am just set as invisible and not using them, so I'm pretty sure I just have to make the profile public again when I am ready...?
You have to uninstall it on Facebook as well, as the dating app is linked to your Facebook account. You have to do it in a specific order. It's complicated, but I'm sure that you can find clear instructions.

LOL sorry, I'm in a hurry.
PhD in Internalized Incelism.