Tinder experiment comparing NW3 to NW1 profile

Since hair loss and dating are closely intertwined: discuss how to improve your chances with women.
Hairblues
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW1.5
Regimen: Topical minoxidil and finasteride

Re: Tinder experiment comparing NW3 to NW1 profile

Post by Hairblues » 2 months ago

CaptainForehead wrote:
2 months ago
Much better in the second pic (the one below twiggy).

Maybe the pic in the previous post was manipulated? It looks off, the stick thighs don't match her upper torso.

@Admin when I quote, the uploaded pics are absent from the quotes. I think previously the pics would also get included.
I don’t think it’s manipulated. She’s just got long lean legs. I think her legs are actually quite fit for a slim woman I’m surprised you guys find her stick like. It may just be the pose and she’s up in the air. I don't know. This was popular kinds of poses back then where they exaggerate the length of the body lines.

EvilLocks
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW5
Regimen: Nada

Post by EvilLocks » 2 months ago

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
2 months ago
Bella Thorne though ... Yum.
Bella Thorne looks like she only showers once a week. :wtf:

Added in 5 minutes 45 seconds:
Hairblues wrote:
2 months ago
That was the normal for 80s models.n

I actually find her legs beautiful

Very far from twiggy
I actually find Twiggy's legs quite beautiful. Would prefer a bit more meat yes, but wouldn't go as far as saying there's something "wrong" with her legs. Humans come in all sizes and shapes, some are naturally really skinny and others are more voluptuous. Obviously lifestyle and diet has a say but nobody's built the same.
It's fine having preferences and saying "I would prefer a bit more muscles" but asking what's wrong with people for how they're built is actually something I find offensive @CaptainForehead :thinking:
I remember we discussed a pic of Christina Applegate a while back and I reckon she looked pretty good for her age on that pic but @CaptainForehead asked me what was "wrong" with her skin. Like, how the heck do you expect a woman of nearly 50 years old to look like, baby skin? Lol.
I know there's no ill will when you phrase your questions like that but please think twice before posting. :)

Hairblues
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

EvilLocks wrote:
2 months ago
Bella Thorne looks like she only showers once a week. :wtf:

Added in 5 minutes 45 seconds:

I actually find Twiggy's legs quite beautiful. Would prefer a bit more meat yes, but wouldn't go as far as saying there's something "wrong" with her legs. Humans come in all sizes and shapes, some are naturally really skinny and others are more voluptuous. Obviously lifestyle and diet has a say but nobody's built the same.
It's fine having preferences and saying "I would prefer a bit more muscles" but asking what's wrong with people for how they're built is actually something I find offensive @CaptainForehead :thinking:
I remember we discussed a pic of Christina Applegate a while back and I reckon she looked pretty good for her age on that pic but @CaptainForehead asked me what was "wrong" with her skin. Like, how the heck do you expect a woman of nearly 50 years old to look like, baby skin? Lol.
I know there's no ill will when you phrase your questions like that but please think twice before posting. :)
I don’t think anything is wrong with Twiggys legs.

I just think Yolonda Foster is more athletic looking I’m just shocked they compared her to twiggy as twiggy is known for being like a twig hence her name.
Twiggy was also I think 16. When she was in the 70s and 80s acting she was not as slim as her model days. I think she was just a teenager.

I think the caveat ‘good for age’ actually offends a lot of women to be honest. It doesn’t bug me personally but if you are concerned with how things will read as offensive most women over 30 that caveat bugs them.

blackg
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

Post by blackg » 2 months ago

@Hairblues and @Evillocks.

Honestly, there is no pleasing people sometimes. Unfortunately @CaptainForehead has shown this type of narrow judgmentalism before.
I wonder if he has the cognitive abilities to realize that this type of thinking contributes to our struggles as hair loss sufferers?

Oh, I'm a man over 30 and if someone tells me I look good for my age... well I only take it as a compliment, and the only caveat that bugs me is "last drinks."
Bring on the AFC title game!

EvilLocks
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Post by EvilLocks » 2 months ago

Hairblues wrote:
2 months ago
I don’t think anything is wrong with Twiggys legs.

I just think Yolonda Foster is more athletic looking I’m just shocked they compared her to twiggy as twiggy is known for being like a twig hence her name.
Twiggy was also I think 16. When she was in the 70s and 80s acting she was not as slim as her model days. I think she was just a teenager.

I think the caveat ‘good for age’ actually offends a lot of women to be honest. It doesn’t bug me personally but if you are concerned with how things will read as offensive most women over 30 that caveat bugs them.
I was referring to what Captain Forehead said not you, should of probably quoted his post instead ;)
Anyway, I get what you're saying there because "looks good for her age" is a backhanded compliment, it's like saying that a person looks decent but only compared to other women her age.
Of course women of all ages want to receive a genuine compliment that she looks great, not that she looks good "for her age"...

Added in 1 minute 18 seconds:
@blackg what is this sorcery, how did you upvote my post twice? :wtf: Thanks though <333

pjhair
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Post by pjhair » 2 months ago

EvilLocks wrote:
2 months ago

There is a trend rn with very slanted eyebrows like Bella Hadid and I think it looks terrible, at least on most people. Looks OK on Bella.

Seriously, she looks ugly.

Added in 1 minute 53 seconds:
Hairblues wrote:
2 months ago
Here is her mom Yolanda when she was a young model.
She is very good looking
Trump 2020

Hairblues
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

pjhair wrote:
2 months ago

Added in 1 minute 53 seconds:

She is very good looking
Bella Hadid looks more like her Dad, Mohammed Hadid. He’s a real estate developer. They grew up extremely wealthy.
Attachments
05AF3A72-D840-47CA-A001-CC3E2993DB56.jpeg
05AF3A72-D840-47CA-A001-CC3E2993DB56.jpeg (11.76 KiB) Viewed 1225 times

Wire
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Norwood: NW7
Regimen: Overeat

Post by Wire » 2 months ago

blackg wrote:
2 months ago
Unfortunately @CaptainForehead has shown this type of narrow judgmentalism before.
I wonder if he has the cognitive abilities to realize that this type of thinking contributes to our struggles as hair loss sufferers?
My cognitive abilities are super rudimentary :pepe-crying:
Last edited by Wire 2 months ago, edited 1 time in total.

pjhair
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Post by pjhair » 2 months ago

Hairblues wrote:
2 months ago
Bella Hadid looks more like her Dad, Mohammed Hadid. He’s a real estate developer. They grew up extremely wealthy.
Her face does look a bit manly. That's probably why I find her so unattractive.
Trump 2020

Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Post by Afro_Vacancy » 2 months ago

pjhair wrote:
2 months ago
Her face does look a bit manly. That's probably why I find her so unattractive.
She also doesn't look like a human being.
PhD in Internalized Incelism.

"I do still post to criticise others" - Rudiger.

EvilLocks
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Post by EvilLocks » 1 month ago

pjhair wrote:
2 months ago
Ugly is stretching it a biiit, don't you think? :o She's a supermodel, so obviously a lot of people find her good-looking. I think she was super pretty a couple years ago before she turned weird and animated looking, but she's not ugly now either by any means. She's not my ideal female though.

blackg
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

Post by blackg » 1 month ago

EvilLocks wrote:
1 month ago
Ugly is stretching it a biiit, don't you think? :o She's a supermodel, so obviously a lot of people find her good-looking. I think she was super pretty a couple years ago before she turned weird and animated looking, but she's not ugly now either by any means. She's not my ideal female though.
She does look a little video game-ish but I would still bang.
Bring on the AFC title game!

nameless
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: None at this time.

Post by nameless » 1 month ago

Johnson wrote:
2 months ago
https://www.hairguard.com/do-women-like-bald-men/

They used a picture of a man with a nw3 and then the same man with a nw1 and swiped 1000 times.

Norwood 3:
Matches: 147 (1.47%)
Girls Opening: 20 (14%)
Girls Opened: 127 (86%)
Girls Responding: 70 (55%)
Full Head of Hair Profile

Norwood 1:
Matches: 243 (2.43%)
Girls Opening: 22 (9%)
Girls Opened: 221 (91%)
Girls Responding: 110 (50%)

I'd recommend following the link and seeing the picture.

The results don't surprise me much for a 30 something man: hair helps but it isn't game over if you have hair loss.
The "bald" guy wasn't missing enough hair to look bad.

if women were to only see his pic where he's missing hair, without seeing his pic with a full head of hair to compare, then it would look like he's just lost a little hair because without including the pic where he has a full head of hair the viewer can't tell that the man's hair has lost height like a deflated cake. Most of his hair loss is due to his hair losing height. There isn't a big visible bald spot anywhere and there's only a little recession. Take out the pic where he has a full head of hair and he looks like a man with a little recession. Sure he's missing a significant amount of hair if you see the two pics together but what if you just see one of the pics? Tinder publicized this experiment with both pics in the final story so the person reading the article would walk away thinking that the women who selected the man missing hair were knowingly selecting a man missing a lot of hair to make it seem like bald guys still have a chance to get women because tinder wants more guys to sign up. But the women who selected the "balding" man weren't shown both pics of the man and the one "balding" pic that the women were shown doesn't display a lot of balding.

Try this same experiment with a man who is actually missing a good amount of hair and see what happens.
Last edited by nameless 1 month ago, edited 1 time in total.

Johnson
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie

Post by Johnson » 1 month ago

nameless wrote:
1 month ago
The "bald" guy wasn't missing enough hair to look bad like most of us here.

if women were to only see his pic where he's missing hair, without seeing his pic with a full head of hair to compare, then it would look like he's just lost a little hair because without including the pic where he has a full head of hair the viewer can't tell that the man's hair has lost height like a deflated cake. Most of his hair loss is due to his hair losing height. There isn't a big visible bald spot anywhere and there's only a little recession. Take out the pic where he has a full head of hair and he looks like a man with a little recession. Sure he's missing a significant amount of hair if you see the two pics together but what if you just see one of the pics? Tinder publicized this experiment with both pics in the final story so the person reading the article would walk away thinking that the women who selected the man missing hair were knowingly selecting a man missing a lot of hair to make it seem like bald guys still have a chance to get women because tinder wants more guys to sign up. But the women who selected the "balding" man weren't shown both pics of the man and the one "balding" pic that the women were shown doesn't display a lot of balding.

Try this same experiment with a man who is actually missing a good amount of hair and see what happens.
I think his level of baldness used in the picture is what made it relevant to us. Most of the posters on this forum are nw3 or even better so its more relevant to us. Besides, we know if they used the same man with a grown out horseshoe haircut the results would have taken a nosedive.

pjhair
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Post by pjhair » 1 month ago

EvilLocks wrote:
1 month ago
Ugly is stretching it a biiit, don't you think? :o She's a supermodel, so obviously a lot of people find her good-looking.
I do find her ugly. There are many celebrities that I don't good looking but are considered hot by general public. For example Angelina Jolie. I think she is average. But she is generally considered very good looking.
Trump 2020