Two years of treatments, mostly minoxidil + RU58841

Discuss proven and experimental available hair loss solutions: minoxidil, finasteride, concealers, etc.
Guest-4
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Post by Guest-4 » 2 years ago

I had a hair treatment thread here:

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/t ... ils.99202/

That started in August 2016. I went from a receding NW2.5 to a stable NW2. How bald I look depends on the angle: I have great hair in the crown area, good hair on the left temple, and weaker hair on the right temple. I would like better hair, but I think that this is good as I can do on current treatments. I also get better haircuts now.

I was on a combination of treatments for two years, but the main pieces are 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil once a day in the morning after my shower, and ~20 mg/day of RU58841 58841 dissolved into the minoxidil. To dissolve RU58841, I use the following math:
- 5 grams of RU58841 (what I got) is roughly equal to 2 teaspoons, I measured this in a small measuring cup.
- So 1/8 of a teaspoon gives ~300 milligrams.
- Put 300 mg in a 60 ml bottle of liquid minoxidil, then you get 5 mg of RU58841 a day.
- So for 20 mg/day, you need 1.2 grams of RU58841, roughly equivalent to 1/2 teaspoon.
- So whenever you start a minoxidil bottle, put in 0.5 teaspoons of RU58841, shake, and drop ~1 ml/day. That will give you 20 mg/day of RU58841.

For comparison, this was my hair line as a ~19 year-old, prior to hair loss, then what I looked like just before starting treatment, and then a recent photo of me. I've had some regrowth, probably as much as I can get with current treatments excluding a transplant, but it's not quite where my hair line was. In the recent photo, I got an ~86% attractive score on photo feeler. It was not good enough to get 1,000+ likes on Facebook, but I got up to 45 likes and 10 comments, which for me is very good.
Last edited by Admin 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.

Guest-4
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Another photo (appears second), from a year ago, where my hair line appears to be NW1. That's due to the angle: my crown is perfect, and the left side of my hair line is better than the right side. In the second photo from ~1 month ago (which ended up appearing first), where the front of my head is seen, the impression given is of modest recession.
Last edited by Admin 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Images removed at the request of the author

kj6723
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Norwood: NW1.5
Regimen: dutasteride, minoxidil, nizoral

Two years of treatments, mostly minoxidil + RU58841 58841

Post by kj6723 » 2 years ago

Afro_Vacancy wrote: 2 years ago I had a hair treatment thread here:

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/t ... ils.99202/

That started in August 2016. I went from a receding NW2.5 to a stable NW2. How bald I look depends on the angle: I have great hair in the crown area, good hair on the left temple, and weaker hair on the right temple. I would like better hair, but I think that this is good as I can do on current treatments. I also get better haircuts now.

I was on a combination of treatments for two years, but the main pieces are 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil once a day in the morning after my shower, and ~20 mg/day of RU58841 58841 dissolved into the minoxidil. To dissolve RU58841, I use the following math:
- 5 grams of RU58841 (what I got) is roughly equal to 2 teaspoons, I measured this in a small measuring cup.
- So 1/8 of a teaspoon gives ~300 milligrams.
- Put 300 mg in a 60 ml bottle of liquid minoxidil, then you get 5 mg of RU58841 a day.
- So for 20 mg/day, you need 1.2 grams of RU58841, roughly equivalent to 1/2 teaspoon.
- So whenever you start a minoxidil bottle, put in 0.5 teaspoons of RU58841, shake, and drop ~1 ml/day. That will give you 20 mg/day of RU58841.

For comparison, this was my hair line as a ~19 year-old, prior to hair loss, then what I looked like just before starting treatment, and then a recent photo of me. I've had some regrowth, probably as much as I can get with current treatments excluding a transplant, but it's not quite where my hair line was. In the recent photo, I got an ~86% attractive score on photo feeler. It was not good enough to get 1,000+ likes on Facebook, but I got up to 45 likes and 10 comments, which for me is very good.
Huge overall improvement bruh. Clothes game also looks to be on point

White Ferrari
Hair Loss Novice
Hair Loss Novice
Norwood: NW3.5

Post by White Ferrari » 2 years ago

Cool post Afro.

Nice pics for slaying with the dogs. Also dig the flamingo shirt in your 86% Chad photo.

It's nice to see people have success with the available treatments. On the other hand it's a bit disheartening that even with the good response to treatments your forehead appears almost twice as large as that photo of you at 19.

I'm interested to see how it will go from here for you. I myself got maybe two good years out of minoxidil before the balding took over. I personally don't find there are many documented cases of RU58841 success at all. So if you keep maintaining I would consider you to have one of the best RU58841 responses I've seen.

Guest-3
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Post by Guest-3 » 2 years ago

You look pretty good David. The beards suits you. You and @Admin have inspired me to try minoxidil :D
Trump 2020

Rudiger
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Regimen: Finasteride, RU58841, minoxidil, Biotin, Dermarolling, Nizoral

Post by Rudiger » 2 years ago

There is a world of difference between the 2nd and 3rd photo in this thread, not just in terms of a slimmer face and better stubble but the expression and (dare I say it) confidence. You no longer look remotely scared of the camera, and this probably rubs off in the way you talk and act in other ways.

Also the 2nd picture of you with a dog, I know that's your better temple but that looks pretty damn good, it's probably a bit dark to tell the density in that shade but fuck it, looks well.

Well done, it's absolutely a looks max. Take your 45 likes and party.
Look, fat...

Arjen
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW5
Regimen: Shaving

Post by Arjen » 2 years ago

Rudiger wrote: 2 years ago There is a world of difference between the 2nd and 3rd photo in this thread, not just in terms of a slimmer face and better stubble but the expression and (dare I say it) confidence. You no longer look remotely scared of the camera, and this probably rubs off in the way you talk and act in other ways.

Also the 2nd picture of you with a dog, I know that's your better temple but that looks pretty damn good, it's probably a bit dark to tell the density in that shade but fuck it, looks well.

Well done, it's absolutely a looks max. Take your 45 likes and party.
Agreed, very nice example of looksmaxing, and I did think the same: the looksmaxing afrovacancy does look happier, more confident and comfortable as well as much less nerdy.
Even afro has seen the women I've dated and can affirm that they arent 3s or 4s.

supremegentleman
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Norwood: NW1
Regimen: nothing

Post by supremegentleman » 2 years ago

You look good. You don't look like you are balding. If I saw you on the street I wouldn't consider you a baldie.

That Guy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW2.5

Post by That Guy » 2 years ago

rclark
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Finasteride 1mg topical, Progesterone 2% (22mg daily), Minoxidil 15% hair growth only).
Using 1.5 mm needle on all bald/balding areas weekly.

Post by rclark » 2 years ago

Congratulations @Afro_Vacancy .

Your hair is looking good. I remember when you were having an issue a year ago.

It looks much better than it did before.

Pit bulls are good dogs. Congratulations.

Have you considered growing it out more?

Guest-4
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

rclark wrote: 2 years ago Congratulations @Afro_Vacancy .

Your hair is looking good. I remember when you were having an issue a year
ago.

It looks much better than it did before.

Pit bulls are good dogs. Congratulations.

Have you considered growing it out more?
I'm kind of growing it now. I really wish that I could grow an afro like in the first pic, but those days are gone.

DerPapillus
Hair Loss Novice
Hair Loss Novice

Post by DerPapillus » 2 years ago

Congratulations on your ...dare I say...transformation!

Your persistance is inspiring, and I thank you for sharing it with us,
not only so that it encourages us regularas, but also so that it can
be seen by young people who are struck by androgenetic alopecia.

Cheers
''I have hope for life man'' - buckthorn, 2018

Guest-4
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

I got my new shipment of minoxidil today, 6 bottles of 60 ml each of Kirkland 5% minoxidil. I opened the first bottle, to which I added 0.5 teaspoons of RU58841 58841. I also did a minor derma rolling session in the morning.

It's a good day for my follicles.

Guest-4
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

Post by Guest-4 » 1 year ago

Thanks @Admin.

shadylane
Hair Loss Novice
Hair Loss Novice
Regimen: Minoxdil, Zinc Thymulin, Keto Cream, Derminator

Post by shadylane » 1 year ago

Afro_Vacancy wrote: 2 years ago I got my new shipment of minoxidil today, 6 bottles of 60 ml each of Kirkland 5% minoxidil. I opened the first bottle, to which I added 0.5 teaspoons of RU58841 58841. I also did a minor derma rolling session in the morning.

It's a good day for my follicles.
Think I'm going to give this a shot, I tried topical finasteride around 2 months ago and I got sides after 4 days....It was only 0.05%