PSA: Minoxidil is good for aesthetics, and unlikely to age your face

Discuss proven and experimental available hair loss solutions: minoxidil, finasteride, concealers, etc.
Johnt1997
Hair Loss Newbie
Hair Loss Newbie
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: Propecia - 0.5mg/day
Minoxidil - 5 & 12.5%
Regenepure shampoo

Re: PSA: Minoxidil is good for aesthetics, and unlikely to age your face

Post by Johnt1997 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:13 pm

Alright boys, its good to finally get on to this forum, I've been on holiday so not been active on forums.

My personal experience and opinion is that every hair loss drug is worth trying if you can afford it and have done your research; the benefits always beat out the small potential for side effects

I've been on minoxidil over 2 years now and had decent results on crown. The downsides are slight discoloration under my eye socket and not being able to frown(gives me bad lines on my forehead now lol) i honestly can't tell if this is due to minoxidil though as i didnt pay as much attention to my appearance before my hair loss

Rudiger
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Regimen: Finasteride, Dutasteride, minoxidil, Biotin, Dermarolling, Nizoral

Post by Rudiger » Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:34 pm

Admin wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:50 pm
Even our beloved former moderator is now directly spreading this nonsense about minoxidil ageing your skin:

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/t ... st-1678622

The guy often insists on remaining objective and stick to the studies when it comes to finasteride.

I guess that goes out the window when it's about a treatment he doesn't have to use to save his own hair. Ah well, this is not surprising.

Keep applying your minoxidil kids, you can't afford not to use any treatment that's working when it comes to this disease.
When someone has narcissism combined with an inferiority complex, it results in subconscious feelings of wanting to drag others down. I don't believe he's plotting logically "I'm giving shitty advice intentionally to stop others saving their hair" because that would be a bit nuts even for him, but he likes giving shitty advice like this in a way that's like "you think minoxidil will save you? lol you'll have baggy eyes like a 60 year old if you even touch it". Almost everything he writes has a touch of "I've got it figured out when you don't", it's mainly subtle, and sometimes obvious, but he'll leave a touch of bragging about how we have to resort to things he wouldn't touch, even if it contradicts the evidence.

You hit the nail on the head when it comes to treatments Wolf Pack isn't using.

Finasteride- at least has some side effects which are proven, but very rare and incredibly overblown.
Advice on this? "well I'm using it so of course it's necessary, everyone should be smart like me"

minoxidil- no evidence of sides whatsoever affecting skin appearance on a persons face.
"stuff is toxic for your complexion I'd never be so stupid"
~get 1k likes and party~ 8-)

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Regimen: - 5% Minoxidil, Stemoxydine and Adenosin shampoo
- 1.5mm dermarolling 1x a week

Post by Admin » Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:47 pm

Pleased to see that people find this page by typing "minoxidil ages face" or "minoxidil collagen study" on Google. It's on the first page.

I've been putting minoxidil on my face for 3 months now and my beard is thickening nicely.

Too bad my skin looks like this now:

Seriously kids, if you're suffering from hair loss (or want to grow a nice beard), minoxidil is nothing but good for you.
Hair transplants: 2000 graft (May 2014) and 2024 graft (January 2018) FUE's with Dr. De Reys for front and mid-scalp.

Hairblues
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW1.5
Regimen: Topical minoxidil and finasteride

Post by Hairblues » Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:11 pm

It definitely doesn’t age face. If a few outliers I don't know but my skin is of a woman aprox 10 years younger than me. Of course this is genetics and skin care BUT if I was doing something that would age the face I think I would be seeing this. I’m using for 2 years.

JeanLucBB
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Norwood: NW1
Regimen: 0.25mg Finasteride

Post by JeanLucBB » Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:36 pm

I'm surprised how hard it is to find a single minoxidil before and after showcasing skin ageing considering how many use it, which itself is probably telling.

Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Post by Afro_Vacancy » Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:12 am

My hypothesis is that a lot of the people who report skin problems on minoxidils are mega-dosing it. I've heard of people applying 3, 4, or 5 ml of liquid minoxidil, and similarly we saw people on the forum use 7%, 10%, and even 30% solution. At those high doses, it is plausible that it would give the same side effects as oral minoxidil.