Three FUE hair transplants - 5124 grafts - NW6 - Rudi De Reys

Discuss hair transplant techniques (FUE and FUT), surgeons, results, etc.
JasonStatham
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW3.5

Post by JasonStatham » 1 year ago

Admin wrote:
1 year ago
Here's a picture I took at the gym today, with my face uncovered for the first time:

FUE-de-reys-4024-grafts-8-months.jpg

So that's now 8 months after my second FUE (2024 additional grafts to densify the front and mid-third).

Some new hairs are still a bit wirey but my hair is still improving.

Before picture (2014, pre-hair transplants) for reference:

Hairlosstalk user would say, you are a Norwood 5+ with no hope. Looks like a full head of hair to me now.
On the 1-10 hair scale, I give it an 8.5.

Admin
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: 3 FUE hair transplants (5124 grafts), 5% minoxidil, Nizoral shampoo, hope.

Post by Admin » 1 year ago

JasonStatham wrote:
1 year ago
Hairlosstalk user would say, you are a Norwood 5+ with no hope. Looks like a full head of hair to me now.
On the 1-10 hair scale, I give it an 8.5.
And worse than that, our lordship Wolf Pack would say without batting an eyelid that it doesn't make any difference.

When I announced that I would be getting a second hair transplant, he chimed in and said that 4000 grafts would be nothing (yes in italics) for a guy with such advanced hair loss.

Of course the main argument at this moment would be that I still have a bald spot at the back of my head, and that therefore, the fact that the above is what people see when they're interacting with me doens't matter at all, as soon as they see that bald spot, they put you back in the bald loser category.

And he would go even further than that, it matters so little that if you hadn't undergone any hair transplant at all, your love, social and professional life would be exactly the same and that everyone (even women) would treat you exactly the same.

The guy is now encouraging the members at HairlossTalk to get a hair piece while I've explained many times for many years why that was a foolish idea and that it was no solution for people who want to at least live a normal life.

Jesus, I just booked a skydiving jump in two weeks, well, I know that's not such a common activity, but there is just no comparison between the freedom that multiple hair transplants provide you and to a hair piece. Things like just having sex or driving my bike to the train station in the morning would become a potential nightmare, people who defend this idea don't have the slightest idea of what they're talking about.

All they see is the guy who wigs it up in his bedroom and are like "wow, realistic! Problem solved!" You goddamned fools, you have to actually live a life with that thing on your head. Ah well, rant over. HairlossTalk has definitely become a pathological place, and many young hair loss sufferers will have to pay a price for Wolf Pack's tyranny, but he (and worse, the owner of the forum) doesn't seem to care one bit about that.
:christian-cross:

Admin
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Regimen: 3 FUE hair transplants (5124 grafts), 5% minoxidil, Nizoral shampoo, hope.

I went skydiving last week-end and my dad took this close-up picture in the sun, so I thought I'd use it as a 9 month update:

update-FUE-4024-grafts-9-months.jpg
update-FUE-4024-grafts-9-months.jpg (47.46 KiB) Viewed 4552 times

I cut my hair myself and I think it's going to be the last time I do that, that hair cut is not exactly what I was aiming for :p.

Next time I'll be going to a hair dresser, which is going to feel quite weird for me.

Before picture (2014) for reference:

kj6723
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Norwood: NW1.5
Regimen: dutasteride, minoxidil, nizoral

Post by kj6723 » 1 year ago

Admin wrote:
1 year ago
I went skydiving last week-end and my dad took this close-up picture in the sun, so I thought I'd use it as a 9 month update:

I cut my hair myself and I think it's going to be the last time I do that, that hair cut is not exactly what I was aiming for :p.

Next time I'll be going to a hair dresser, which is going to feel quite weird for me.
You should’ve just shaved it bro, but you just HAD to have hair didn’t you. You selfish prick

Jk, it looks great bro. :D :D Congrats. A success story if ever there was one

JasonStatham
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW3.5

Post by JasonStatham » 1 year ago

Looks good. No one outside of this Forum would know you had work done. It's a very good hair line.

koolaidshade
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: semen retention, real social dynamics, 12 rules for life

Post by koolaidshade » 1 year ago

Very good, you look like like a normal guy! The transplants definitely made a difference

Arjen
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW5
Regimen: Shaving

Post by Arjen » 1 year ago

Admin wrote:
1 year ago

I like the beard, too. I might start using minoxidil for mine seeing your improvement there.

supremegentleman
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Norwood: NW1
Regimen: nothing

Post by supremegentleman » 1 year ago

Sometimes I feel bad about myself but then I think about @Admin and his recovery. It makes me feel better.

Marki
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie

Post by Marki » 1 year ago

Admin wrote:
1 year ago

Before picture (2014) for reference:

Looking good Fred it looks very natural. And the sunlight doesn't seem to make it look thinner - I know some say sunlight makes their
hair more see through to the scalp. I'm the opposite though, sunlight gives my hair a more dense look - at least in the reflections I've seen of myself
anyway. Maybe it depends on hair type.

By the way, I think you said you got gyno on finasteride, how long did you take it and was the gyno progressively noticable or did you just wake up
with a pair of doube D's one day?

Admin
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Marki wrote:
1 year ago
By the way, I think you said you got gyno on finasteride, how long did you take it and was the gyno progressively noticable or did you just wake up
with a pair of doube D's one day?
Not on finasteride but on Abilify. It took roughly a month and I had unfortunately failed to notice the development of the gynecomastia. So you could say I just woke up with a pair of double A's (and not D's :p).

Marki
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie

Admin wrote:
1 year ago
Not on finasteride but on Abilify. It took roughly a month and I had unfortunately failed to notice the development of the gynecomastia. So you could say I just woke up with a pair of double A's (and not D's :p).
So this appears to be a depression drug that you were on while losing your hair?

Admin
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Marki wrote:
1 year ago
So this appears to be a depression drug that you were on while losing your hair?
Yes, the psychiatrist thought it would make me feel better :roll: .

Marki
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie

Admin wrote:
1 year ago
Yes, the psychiatrist thought it would make me feel better :roll: .
Must be super rare to get gyno from that, not even listed as a side. Might have made you feel better if you were transitioning MTF :)

Admin
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/t ... st-1724963

This never stops.

I'm not a NW7. You don't get 4024 grafts (and 1000+ more to come) out of a goddamn NW7.

I've had 2 surgeries and not 3. The third one is coming to take care of the crown and is scheduled in February. He also acts like the back of my head is the result of one of my transplants, no bozo, no work was ever done on that area. Incredibly dishonest.

I've never taken Propecia, it's not what gave me boobs, I'm very sensitive to hormonal changes, obviously, if a drug gives me boobs, and that's why I refused to take it.

I used a Samsung Galaxy S8 to take the pictures, which certainly does not have a blurry or shitty camera.

I took them from a social distance since no one is ever going to look at your hair from a 10 cm distance.

I didn't photoshop any of the pictures.

He's only showing the 6 month result which is not anywhere close the final result, and he cherry-picked the pictures I posted to make sure he showed my heavily balding crown that still has to be treated. It was like when I showed my 4 month result on reddit: "what's the point if it's to look like that?" Jesus, research hair transplants before opening your mouth.

It looks weird, bald and diffuse all over? Yeah, sure buddy. To give the devil his due, yes part of my hair sometimes looks a bit see-through under harsh lights, but you have to take into account that I come from a NW6, a supposedly irredeemable bald head. You think it's not worth it and it would have been better to remain slick bald, fine, say that, but don't say it looks shitty, diffuse and bald all over because that's a lie. If you think that's a garbage result, I'm telling you now, do not ever have a hair transplant.

When some people have a beef with you... And of course once again, I can't defend myself. Now let's just wait for Wolf Pack to like and engage in character assassination again, he sure won't pass on that golden occasion. Could someone here do me a favor and post those pictures in that thread? viewtopic.php?f=4&t=73&p=6949#p6158 Or don't, the reply is undoubtedly going to be: "the hair line looks a bit see-through under the sun, so there's no difference between having hair like that and being bald! Garbage result lololol."

Edit: you see that's why we still like Johnson despite of his attempts to create mayhem around those parts. And other reasonable posters seem to be coming in (still better than slick bald). Thank God.

Johnt1997
Hair Loss Novice
Hair Loss Novice
Norwood: NW1.5
Regimen: Propecia - 0.5mg/day
Minoxidil - 5 & 12.5%
1000 graft temple transplant with Dr De Reys 04/19

Post by Johnt1997 » 1 year ago

I've started looking into hair transplants again; after being knocked back by bisanga in the summer i decided to monitor my hair for a few months and keep an eye on potential new treatments.

I have recently emailed erdogan and de reys as i feel i am ready to try again. Erdogan says i am still very young and my donor area doesn't appear to be stable, he wants to complete a face to face consultation but i am reluctant to travel 6hrs to Turkey to be ultimately knocked back

However, De Reys seems happy to operate on me. I have sent him pics, he has not commented on my age and has offered me dates in April. He has suggested around 1000 grafts to fill in my hair line which i feel is not enough

@Admin i know you have xp with de reys, what do you think of that quote?