Need advice for a new regimen

Discuss proven and experimental available hair loss solutions: minoxidil, finasteride, concealers, etc.
supremegentleman
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: Finasteride 1mg daily
Minoxidil 5% 2ml daily
1.5mm dermarolling daily
Nizoral 2% shampoo x3 a week

Need advice for a new regimen

Post by supremegentleman » 2 weeks ago

My idea is Finasteride 1mg everyday, RU58841 50mg topically everyday , Minoxidil 50mg 2x a day (foam in the morning, solution in the evening).

I want to try brand Propecia. Before I used to take generic. What are your thoughts? Here is my medical history :

wd4u9LwEt1QxAAAAABJRU5ErkJggg.png
wd4u9LwEt1QxAAAAABJRU5ErkJggg.png (63.44 KiB) Viewed 552 times

x8p29AkuKlpQAAAABJRU5ErkJggg.png
x8p29AkuKlpQAAAABJRU5ErkJggg.png (40.7 KiB) Viewed 552 times

I have been taking Dutasteride for the past 10 months and it seems like it made my hair worse than it was before so I'm thinking of taking Finasteride instead for peace of mind. I have been using Minoxidil everyday in the evening but last months of 2020 I was not rigorous with and had 1 or 2 months break from it.

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: 3 FUE hair transplants (5124 grafts), 5% minoxidil, Nizoral shampoo, hope.

Re: Need advice for a new regimen

Post by Admin » 2 weeks ago

As we told you on Discord, it's a good regimen, it's not too nuclear and it should slow down your hair loss considerably if you stick with it.

Try not to despair if you lose some ground even on such a powerful regimen, you'll still have the option of FUE hair transplants if it happens.

Good luck!
"Along the way some boys started making fun of him by shouting, “Go away, baldy! Get out of here!” Elisha turned around and stared at the boys. Then he cursed them in the name of the Lord. At once two bears ran out of the woods and ripped to pieces 42 of the boys." - 2 Kings 23-24

Rudiger
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Regimen: Finasteride, Dutasteride, minoxidil, Biotin, Dermarolling, Nizoral

Post by Rudiger » 2 weeks ago

RU58841 has been great for me, and I've responded well with growth to everything so far (for 6-12 months anyway) but it's been the best. IdealForehead from HairLossTalk said you should use it twice a day, which I do, but I don't think he was 100% sure on that.

dutasteride (which I'm no longer on, back to finasteride) was good at growth but only for a short time, it wasn't even 6 months before it wasn't doing shit then. Very strange.
me me me me I'm the omniscient and compassionate Rudiger

rclark
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Dustasteride 0.5 milligrams daily, Finasteride 1mg topical, Progesterone 2% (22mg daily), Minoxidil 15% hair growth only).
Using 1.5 mm needle on all bald/balding areas weekly.

Post by rclark » 2 weeks ago

Rudiger wrote:
2 weeks ago
RU58841 has been great for me, and I've responded well with growth to everything so far (for 6-12 months anyway) but it's been the best. IdealForehead from HairLossTalk said you should use it twice a day, which I do, but I don't think he was 100% sure on that.

dutasteride (which I'm no longer on, back to finasteride) was good at growth but only for a short time, it wasn't even 6 months before it wasn't doing shit then. Very strange.
I'm really having issues with Dustasteride, and I'm sorry I took it. I've stopped it.

Are having any issues with Finasteride?
Think happy thoughts.

kj6723
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Norwood: NW1.5
Regimen: Dutasteride .5mg daily, minoxidil 5% 1-2x daily, nizoral 1% whenever

Post by kj6723 » 2 weeks ago

I’m having a positive dutasteride experience. New terminal hairs still popping up at the hair line every few months after a year or whatever

Are you guys getting your meds from legit pharmacies or going the sketchy online pharmacy route? I sometimes wonder how much of people not having success with finasteride/dutasteride is due to this, since some study I believe showed that something like 60% of stuff ordered from online pharmacies isn’t what it claims to be

mikebikebald
Hair Loss Newbie
Hair Loss Newbie
Norwood: NW3
Regimen: finasteride, dutasteride

Post by mikebikebald » 2 weeks ago

I would add dermarolling with minoxidil

rclark
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Dustasteride 0.5 milligrams daily, Finasteride 1mg topical, Progesterone 2% (22mg daily), Minoxidil 15% hair growth only).
Using 1.5 mm needle on all bald/balding areas weekly.

Post by rclark » 2 weeks ago

kj6723 wrote:
2 weeks ago
I’m having a positive dutasteride experience. New terminal hairs still popping up at the hair line every few months after a year or whatever

Are you guys getting your meds from legit pharmacies or going the sketchy online pharmacy route? I sometimes wonder how much of people not having success with finasteride/dutasteride is due to this, since some study I believe showed that something like 60% of stuff ordered from online pharmacies isn’t what it claims to be
My hair isn't shedding, but my piping is not as good, and I feel dizzy when I take it. It did that by itself (I stopped my topical treatments for a few days). That said, I only have sex once a year, so maybe I'll take it twice a day. I took it Sunday. I think after I have a solid vertex with hair I'll probably switch to solid Finasteride.
Think happy thoughts.

Rudiger
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

Post by Rudiger » 1 week ago

I mentioned taking RU58841 twice a day, which I said I was doing, but it wasn't for very long. I'd guess it's been about 6-8 weeks to switch to twice a day (I should really probably track these things better) and yes, continuing regrowth in temples (of course still a slow process, just baby hairs mm by mm, but I'll take that) but the main difference has been density. RU58841 seemed to be improving this too but in the last few weeks it's way more noticeable, of course it's hard to know if it was switching to twice a day or not, and 2 months is still a relatively short time for big changes.

@rclark no side issues with dutasteride if that's what you mean, only issue was that it gave me hope for 3 or 4 months and then dropped me down, I think I continued for about 9 months until giving up.

kj6723
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Norwood: NW1.5
Regimen: Dutasteride .5mg daily, minoxidil 5% 1-2x daily, nizoral 1% whenever

Post by kj6723 » 1 week ago

Rudiger wrote:
1 week ago
I mentioned taking RU58841 twice a day, which I said I was doing, but it wasn't for very long. I'd guess it's been about 6-8 weeks to switch to twice a day (I should really probably track these things better) and yes, continuing regrowth in temples (of course still a slow process, just baby hairs mm by mm, but I'll take that) but the main difference has been density. RU58841 seemed to be improving this too but in the last few weeks it's way more noticeable, of course it's hard to know if it was switching to twice a day or not, and 2 months is still a relatively short time for big changes.

@rclark no side issues with dutasteride if that's what you mean, only issue was that it gave me hope for 3 or 4 months and then dropped me down, I think I continued for about 9 months until giving up.
Do you ever have worries about pregnant females or children coming in contact with your scalp? Especially if you're applying in morning/daytime presumably if you're applying 2x a day...? It might seem excessive/paranoid but I just think I would have this feeling of guilt that it might happen at some point if I were using RU58841 or a topical antiandrogen

Rudiger
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

Post by Rudiger » 1 week ago

kj6723 wrote:
1 week ago
Do you ever have worries about pregnant females or children coming in contact with your scalp? Especially if you're applying in morning/daytime presumably if you're applying 2x a day...? It might seem excessive/paranoid but I just think I would have this feeling of guilt that it might happen at some point if I were using RU58841 or a topical antiandrogen
Well I didn't :(