Skin benefits from fasting? Advice on minoxidil and finasteride

Discuss proven and experimental available hair loss solutions: minoxidil, finasteride, concealers, etc.
EvilLocks
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW5
Regimen: Nada

Post by EvilLocks » 9 months ago

Afro_Vacancy wrote: 9 months ago Dude, chill out.
He (she?) sounds like experiencing major PMS or maybe a psychosis 🥴
- straight from the top of my dome -

Rudiger
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: Finasteride, RU58841, minoxidil, Biotin, Dermarolling, Nizoral

Post by Rudiger » 9 months ago

EvilLocks wrote: 9 months ago Probably partially, but I've never really had a very movable or expressive face, some people are like this because of genetics. It has it's pros and cons, pros obviously being less wrinkle development, and cons being that sometimes an expressive face can be beautiful because they convey emotion, think Emilia Clarke. I love her eyebrows when she speaks!

Added in 7 minutes 10 seconds:

Are you sleeping enough? Poor sleep can really exaggerate dark circles. However, sometimes they're just genetic. Do other people in your family have dark circles or just you?
Also, when you say dark circles do you mean volume loss or just discoloration? Both? If you are experiencing volume loss there's not much you can do other than under eye fillers, or surgery. I'm thinking of getting under eye fillers myself, because I'm experiencing some volume loss under my eyes (not terrible), but I have been putting it off. Anyway, there's no cream that can treat volume loss for under eyes or anywhere on the face, no matter how much companies claim their products do so.
If you are experiencing discoloration or dark color under your eyes, you could try the easiest way which is makeup, or more specifically an under eye concealer. I can recommend the Tarte Shape Tape Concealer. I know it feels wrong for some men to wear makeup but if you pick the right shade literally nobody but yourself can tell.
I have also heard of cosmetic tattoo where they tattoo the color of skin under the eyes to help with discoloration, or elsewhere on the body that needs it.
Ole Henriksen has an eye cream called Banana Bright which is supposed to have a brightening effect on the under eyes (I have not tried it)
Other than this all you can do is eat well, sleep well, reduce sun exposure, stay away from drugs, smoke, too much alcohol, drink water and all that usual stuff.
by the way CeraVe is a good brand, it's recommended by many dermatologists and I use some of their products myself.
Thanks ummm... faggot? :eh:

I work weird hours, sometimes very long hours, sometimes at evening or night, so my sleep can be all over the place, but overall I get enough. I haven't noticed my family with them but like I say, mine aren't particularly bad either, most of the time they are barely noticeable but I just thought they are getting slightly worse over the last few years so I may as well try do something.

Make up isn't really an option because just like Toppik, I don't want something to apply daily to mask my appearance, I know I would be inconsistent with it as well. Also in terms of having a partner, I wouldn't want a girl seeing me applying make up, I wouldn't blame her for thinking I'm a pussy, even if I'm pretty open about my other vanity pursuits (minoxidil, pills, skin creams, etc).

Just from looking at pictures of myself now (which I should have done before anyway) it's really an undetectable issue it more seems to be something I notice in my bathroom mirror in particular each morning. So I realise I'm nitpicking and won't get too BDD over this, but I'll give a few different creams a try, I've heard of Banana Bright before but I'll try CeraVe for now.
Look, fat...

kj6723
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Norwood: NW1.5
Regimen: dutasteride, minoxidil, nizoral

Post by kj6723 » 9 months ago

Rudiger wrote: 9 months ago Also in terms of having a partner, I wouldn't want a girl seeing me applying make up, I wouldn't blame her for thinking I'm a pussy, even if I'm pretty open about my other vanity pursuits (minoxidil, pills, skin creams, etc).
How do you guys deal with/approach the topic of male pattern baldness and treating it with your significant others? Or do you continue to keep it on the down low? I'm Currently 99% sure my lady friend has no idea I have male pattern baldness, and I just can't imagine bringing it up to her. I've adapted my minoxidil usage to exclusively foam when we have sleepovers, still applying it right after I shower at a high dosage 1x a day just like I was doing with the liquid. The foam is just WAY easier to use discreetly. Pills are obviously pretty easy to be discreet with....

How would you even broach this topic of conversation? lol

Rudiger
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Regimen: Finasteride, RU58841, minoxidil, Biotin, Dermarolling, Nizoral

Post by Rudiger » 9 months ago

kj6723 wrote: 9 months ago How do you guys deal with/approach the topic of male pattern baldness and treating it with your significant others? Or do you continue to keep it on the down low? I'm Currently 99% sure my lady friend has no idea I have male pattern baldness, and I just can't imagine bringing it up to her. I've adapted my minoxidil usage to exclusively foam when we have sleepovers, still applying it right after I shower at a high dosage 1x a day just like I was doing with the liquid. The foam is just WAY easier to use discreetly. Pills are obviously pretty easy to be discreet with....

It just depends on the woman, some won't care, some will mock you behind your back. I guess a lifetime of paranoia is the only cure that ailes ya
Look, fat...

blackg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Norwood: NW3.5
Regimen: Alcohol coping mechanism

Post by blackg » 9 months ago

kj6723 wrote: 9 months ago How do you guys deal with/approach the topic of male pattern baldness and treating it with your significant others? Or do you continue to keep it on the down low? I'm Currently 99% sure my lady friend has no idea I have male pattern baldness, and I just can't imagine bringing it up to her. I've adapted my minoxidil usage to exclusively foam when we have sleepovers, still applying it right after I shower at a high dosage 1x a day just like I was doing with the liquid. The foam is just WAY easier to use discreetly. Pills are obviously pretty easy to be discreet with....

Well surprisingly most of my lady friends have been very forgiving, at least on the surface.
It was always me who hated my hair line more than my lady friends ever did.
"They say hard work never hurt anybody, but, I figure, why take the chance?"

Guest-4
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Post by Guest-4 » 9 months ago

blackg wrote: 9 months ago Well surprisingly most of my lady friends have been very forgiving, at least on the surface.
Well yeah, if you're in the friends zone with them it makes sense that they would not be bothered by you treating your hair loss.
The most helpful meal is a happy deal.

blackg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Norwood: NW3.5
Regimen: Alcohol coping mechanism

Post by blackg » 9 months ago

Afro_Vacancy wrote: 9 months ago Well yeah, if you're in the friends zone with them it makes sense that they would not be bothered by you treating your hair loss.
By "lady friends" I actually mean friends with benefits. (casual sex).
"They say hard work never hurt anybody, but, I figure, why take the chance?"

bald2020
Hair Loss Newbie
Hair Loss Newbie
Norwood: NW3
Regimen: Minoxidil for 3 days so far

Post by bald2020 » 9 months ago

Rudiger wrote: 9 months ago Thanks ummm... faggot? :eh:

I work weird hours, sometimes very long hours, sometimes at evening or night, so my sleep can be all over the place, but overall I get enough. I haven't noticed my family with them but like I say, mine aren't particularly bad either, most of the time they are barely noticeable but I just thought they are getting slightly worse over the last few years so I may as well try do something.

Make up isn't really an option because just like Toppik, I don't want something to apply daily to mask my appearance, I know I would be inconsistent with it as well. Also in terms of having a partner, I wouldn't want a girl seeing me applying make up, I wouldn't blame her for thinking I'm a pussy, even if I'm pretty open about my other vanity pursuits (minoxidil, pills, skin creams, etc).

Just from looking at pictures of myself now (which I should have done before anyway) it's really an undetectable issue it more seems to be something I notice in my bathroom mirror in particular each morning. So I realise I'm nitpicking and won't get too BDD over this, but I'll give a few different creams a try, I've heard of Banana Bright before but I'll try CeraVe for now.
No one cares you work weird hours you faggot. why you call him a faggot randomly? you submissive pipsqueak neurotic bitch hahahahaha cry more for us you faggot, keep working loser you wagecuck yo hahahaha.