RU58841 for Dummies

Discuss proven and experimental available hair loss solutions: minoxidil, finasteride, concealers, etc.
Rudiger
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: Finasteride, Dutasteride, minoxidil, Biotin, Dermarolling, Nizoral

RU58841 for Dummies

Post by Rudiger » 2 weeks ago

@Afro_Vacancy (if anyone knows other guys who have knowledge on RU58841, please let me know so I can tag them too, admin advised afro as one)

RU58841 has always confused me and to me it's not that easy to research. I have no idea what's best to mix it with, or even literally how to mix it, or even how to apply it. Or for example, simple things like does it make any difference applying it at the same time as minoxidil? Is RU58841 applied daily, twice a day, a few times a week?

I've hardly spent days researching but if anyone has a link to a guide, it's probably not as complicated as I am making it out to be, but I'd really like to get started.

I've seen some premixed advertised but I've heard this kills the efficacy, it's also good to freeze your batch of RU58841 until you are ready to mix a batch. Buckthorn on the old forum did his batch weekly.

Within reason saving money isn't a big deal if there's anything that will possibly give better quality (so I'm not a millionaire but if something better to mix costs 200 bucks instead of 50 to use for months, that's fine) although I get the feeling there's not huge differences available like this.

Any advice appreciated, I'd like to order it this week. If anyone knows the best way to buy both RU58841 and a mix in the UK, that'd be great.

Thanks

Edit: this was a concise and helpful video that shows how easy it is. I just know I'd do something stupid like buy the wrong PG oil though.

~get 1k likes and party~ 8-)

Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Re: RU58841 for Dummies

Post by Afro_Vacancy » 2 weeks ago

Rudiger wrote:
2 weeks ago
@Afro_Vacancy (if anyone knows other guys who have knowledge on RU58841, please let me know so I can tag them too, admin advised afro as one)

RU58841 has always confused me and to me it's not that easy to research. I have no idea what's best to mix it with, or even literally how to mix it, or even how to apply it. Or for example, simple things like does it make any difference applying it at the same time as minoxidil? Is RU58841 applied daily, twice a day, a few times a week?

I've hardly spent days researching but if anyone has a link to a guide, it's probably not as complicated as I am making it out to be, but I'd really like to get started.

I've seen some premixed advertised but I've heard this kills the efficacy, it's also good to freeze your batch of RU58841 until you are ready to mix a batch. Buckthorn on the old forum did his batch weekly.

Within reason saving money isn't a big deal if there's anything that will possibly give better quality (so I'm not a millionaire but if something better to mix costs 200 bucks instead of 50 to use for months, that's fine) although I get the feeling there's not huge differences available like this.

Any advice appreciated, I'd like to order it this week. If anyone knows the best way to buy both RU58841 and a mix in the UK, that'd be great.

Thanks

Edit: this was a concise and helpful video that shows how easy it is. I just know I'd do something stupid like buy the wrong PG oil though.

I used to mix it into Garnier Fructis Stemoxydine but I stopped buying that useless product. I now mix it into regular minoxidil, which typically has PG, alcohol, water, that is a great solvent. If you read my thread you'll see how to estimate the dosages using teaspoons, etc.

I apply it once a day, with my minoxidil. Since j have slow baldness, I only use ~20 mg. If yours is more aggressive, you might use 40 or 50, but I'm not sure if you'd need to given that you're already on finasteride.

Oh right, finasteride prevents your body from firming DHT and thus DHT can't bind to your androgen receptors. But RU58841 binds to the androgen receptors, which also prevents regular testosterone from binding to it, just in case you want to be super cautious. As far as I know, that's never been shown to matter.

IdealForehead had written a great topic on RU58841 on HairLossTalk that you might use to find some information. He did argue that the half life is likely short, and thus you'd need twice a day dosage.

My thread:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=95

Rudiger
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Regimen: Finasteride, Dutasteride, minoxidil, Biotin, Dermarolling, Nizoral

Post by Rudiger » 2 weeks ago

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
2 weeks ago
I used to mix it into Garnier Fructis Stemoxydine but I stopped buying that useless product. I now mix it into regular minoxidil, which typically has PG, alcohol, water, that is a great solvent. If you read my thread you'll see how to estimate the dosages using teaspoons, etc.

I apply it once a day, with my minoxidil. Since j have slow baldness, I only use ~20 mg. If yours is more aggressive, you might use 40 or 50, but I'm not sure if you'd need to given that you're already on finasteride.

Oh right, finasteride prevents your body from firming DHT and thus DHT can't bind to your androgen receptors. But RU58841 binds to the androgen receptors, which also prevents regular testosterone from binding to it, just in case you want to be super cautious. As far as I know, that's never been shown to matter.

IdealForehead had written a great topic on RU58841 on HairLossTalk that you might use to find some information. He did argue that the half life is likely short, and thus you'd need twice a day dosage.

My thread:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=95
Thanks!

My hair is maintaining but I'm always a good responder to new treatments so I want to go with a higher dose and see if I get regrowth or thicker density.

I read your other thread and the teaspoon measurements, I have minoxidil liquid in these bottles:
regaineformenextrastrength3months.jpg
regaineformenextrastrength3months.jpg (26.26 KiB) Viewed 318 times
I'm looking at ordering through Chemyo as UK sites don't look legitimate and I've seen a lot about Chemyo since looking at RU58841. It's $70 for 5 grams (perhaps a rip off?) so if I use half a gram a day it'll be a few hundred dollars a month. I mean it's not the end of the world just, it's by far the most I'd be spending on a continuous treatment. If your RU58841 cost the same then you're spending about $80 a month? And you've been on it a while, how have you found that?

Also, the bottles above are also 60ml like yours, so I'd roughly be aiming for like 3+ grams of RU58841 in each bottle to get 50mg a day? I do have a very accurate and delicate scale (for cooking not drugs, surprisingly) but I'm not sure if its accurate to measure to a point of gram, I think so though.

Thanks again
~get 1k likes and party~ 8-)

Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Post by Afro_Vacancy » 2 weeks ago

Rudiger wrote:
2 weeks ago
Thanks!

My hair is maintaining but I'm always a good responder to new treatments so I want to go with a higher dose and see if I get regrowth or thicker density.

I read your other thread and the teaspoon measurements, I have minoxidil liquid in these bottles:

I'm looking at ordering through Chemyo as UK sites don't look legitimate and I've seen a lot about Chemyo since looking at RU58841. It's $70 for 5 grams (perhaps a rip off?) so if I use half a gram a day it'll be a few hundred dollars a month. I mean it's not the end of the world just, it's by far the most I'd be spending on a continuous treatment. If your RU58841 cost the same then you're spending about $80 a month? And you've been on it a while, how have you found that?

Also, the bottles above are also 60ml like yours, so I'd roughly be aiming for like 3+ grams of RU58841 in each bottle to get 50mg a day? I do have a very accurate and delicate scale (for cooking not drugs, surprisingly) but I'm not sure if its accurate to measure to a point of gram, I think so though.

Thanks again
Half a gram a day or 50 mg a day?

:-)

That sounds great.

The thing about teaspoons versus buying rigorous measuring scales ... Is that the latter is not warranted. Even for finasteride, which is better researched, they never figured out if the right side for the median male is 0.7, 1.0, or 1.3 grams a day or whatever. Never mind the right dose for Rudiger. Never mind the exact right dose of RU58841. So all of that effort to get 1% precision in dosage is not warranted, as at best we might have 50% precision in what dosage you actually want. The scales are ridiculous in my opinion, it is people making their lives complicated.

I started RU58841 and minoxidil at the same time, so I can't know what was responsible for what.

If you put 3 grams into a 60 ml bottle, and you take 1ml a day, then you will take 3000mg/60 = 50 mg/day of RU58841.

In practice it might change by a few percentage points because adding solvents to a solution can change the density, but that's a small effect.

kj6723
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Norwood: NW1.5
Regimen: Dutasteride .5mg daily, minoxidil 5% 1-2x daily, nizoral 1% whenever

Post by kj6723 » 2 weeks ago

Rudiger wrote:
2 weeks ago
Thanks!

Thanks again
Are you still getting regrowth since starting dutasteride? Almost a year into it I've still been getting a new burst of terminal hairs at my hair line/temple angles ~every 3 months. Don't know though if it's specifically from the dutasteride or just the result of prolonged miniaturization reversal that I would've gotten anyway had I just stayed on finasteride

rclark
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Finasteride 1 mg daily, Progesterone 2% (22mg daily), Minoxidil 15% hair growth only).
Using 1.5 mm needle on all bald/balding areas weekly.

Post by rclark » 2 weeks ago

People should try Topical Progesterone, which helps all follicles, even the back of hair, from shedding.
(It goes systemic).

I have Murray's making it for me, although Medical Wellness Center won't prescribe an amount high enough that I need.

I never lose ground on it, or have any hair shedding.

Right now I need to find a doctor to prescribe future dosages.

My "non shedding" amount was two percent topical for me. It probably depends on body size and age, younger
men have more testosterone, so they might need a higher dosage to stop shedding.

kingmanlet
Hair Loss Newbie
Hair Loss Newbie
Regimen: Oral Minoxidil,Finasteride, Dutasteride

Post by kingmanlet » 1 week ago

rclark wrote:
2 weeks ago
People should try Topical Progesterone, which helps all follicles, even the back of hair, from shedding.
(It goes systemic).

I have Murray's making it for me, although Medical Wellness Center won't prescribe an amount high enough that I need.

I never lose ground on it, or have any hair shedding.

Right now I need to find a doctor to prescribe future dosages.

My "non shedding" amount was two percent topical for me. It probably depends on body size and age, younger
men have more testosterone, so they might need a higher dosage to stop shedding.
Why do you prefer topical over oral? just curious. have not used it myself but might be something interested in.

rclark
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Finasteride 1 mg daily, Progesterone 2% (22mg daily), Minoxidil 15% hair growth only).
Using 1.5 mm needle on all bald/balding areas weekly.

Post by rclark » 1 week ago

kingmanlet wrote:
1 week ago
Why do you prefer topical over oral? just curious. have not used it myself but might be something interested in.
I don't know where the oral will go, or if it will help my hair. At least by putting it on my scalp,
I know that it will hit the target.