Topical zinc thymulin

Discuss proven and experimental available hair loss solutions: minoxidil, finasteride, concealers, etc.
rclark
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Finasteride 1 mg daily, Progesterone 2% (22mg daily), Minoxidil 15% hair growth only).
Using 1.5 mm needle on all bald/balding areas weekly.

Re: Topical zinc thymulin

Post by rclark » 3 months ago

Murkey Thumb wrote:
3 months ago
My crown area which is where I need it most. I am now fairly convinced that it is creating new hairs, its just that it seems painfully slow(although this is probably because you have to apply it several times a day so I am checking for regrowth more often). I am thinking of adding some minoxidil foam to see if I can speed things up but am worried that that it may alter the natural hair cycle. I suppose that I may just have to wait it out, Dr Vickers is convinced that full regrowth is possible but only after 1-2 years of treatment.
That's the only thing you're taking? You've got to be kidding me?

I had to take Finasteride and Progesterone, before things started to
look better.

Murkey Thumb
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie

Post by Murkey Thumb » 3 months ago

rclark wrote:
3 months ago
That's the only thing you're taking? You've got to be kidding me?

I had to take Finasteride and Progesterone, before things started to
look better.
Unfortunately I am one of the 10% who get really bad sides with Finasteride so I haven't been able to take any for a couple of years now. I did try RU58841 but I didn't consider it safe to be applying when I've got growing boys in the house; the idea of cross contamination is just too much for me. To be honest I have lost ground since the finasteride & minoxidil days but I am very happy to be without them. Hopefully TZ will get me back to where I was and maybe beyond without the need for another transplant.

rclark
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Regimen: Finasteride 1 mg daily, Progesterone 2% (22mg daily), Minoxidil 15% hair growth only).

Murkey Thumb wrote:
3 months ago
Unfortunately I am one of the 10% who get really bad sides with Finasteride so I haven't been able to take any for a couple of years now. I did try RU58841 but I didn't consider it safe to be applying when I've got growing boys in the house; the idea of cross contamination is just too much for me. To be honest I have lost ground since the finasteride & minoxidil days but I am very happy to be without them. Hopefully TZ will get me back to where I was and maybe beyond without the need for another transplant.
Sorry to hear that. I'm not gaining either, if that makes you feel any better.

Since I've been dermarolling, using Progesterone, and Finasteride, I've only gained
six new terminal hairs on my hair line.

The problem is, I've probably lost around twenty thousand hairs there. Maybe I should
post pictures, I don't know.

Murkey Thumb
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie

rclark wrote:
3 months ago

Since I've been dermarolling, using Progesterone, and Finasteride, I've only gained

The problem is, I've probably lost around twenty thousand hairs there. Maybe I should
I take a picture every month just so I actually monitor progression/regression over a number of years/treatments. Its helped me realise that I am a very slow responder to most treatments and slowly but surely I am loosing ground year on year. Just sucks, but I am kind of used to being a old baldy now.

rclark
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Murkey Thumb wrote:
3 months ago
I take a picture every month just so I actually monitor progression/regression over a number of years/treatments. Its helped me realise that I am a very slow responder to most treatments and slowly but surely I am loosing ground year on year. Just sucks, but I am kind of used to being a old baldy now.
I understand completely.

Decades ago, I was a great responder to Minoxidil (in my twenties). Gradually my response wasn't
that good.

Murkey Thumb
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie

rclark wrote:
3 months ago
I understand completely.

Decades ago, I was a great responder to Minoxidil (in my twenties). Gradually my response wasn't
that good.
I get the feeling that Minoxidil is like a chemical wig which gets thinner with age, stop using it and 6 months later you are back where you began.

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: - 5% Minoxidil once a day and Adenosin shampoo
- Discontinued due to lack of results: Stemoxydine and dermarolling

Post by Admin » 2 months ago

Thanks @MyThinningConfidence for pointing this out to me:

https://www.researchgate.net/post/Can_I ... EuroSciCon

I'm not saying this proves that it was a scam all along but it's worrying to say the least. I still hope the people trialing this will come back with some good news, and some good before/after pictures.

shadylane
Hair Loss Novice
Hair Loss Novice
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: Minoxdil, Zinc Thymulin, Keto Cream, Derminator

Post by shadylane » 2 months ago

I think there may be a slight benefit with this stuff, but I'm not expecting anything major.

Murkey Thumb
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie

Post by Murkey Thumb » 2 months ago

I thought that I would give a 3 month update on the zinc thymulin just to get a hopefully positive second opinion from you guys.
Base line around Aug 24 a month before starting treatment.
20180815_150645 (2)a.jpg
20180815_150645 (2)a.jpg (25.63 KiB) Viewed 1005 times

3 months after starting treatment.
20181217_100015 (2)a.jpg
20181217_100015 (2)a.jpg (34.93 KiB) Viewed 1005 times

3 months with flash so you can see developing follicles.
20181217_095617 (2)a.jpg
20181217_095617 (2)a.jpg (51.53 KiB) Viewed 1005 times
Sorry about the poor quality of pictures but I am a bit of a dinosaur when it comes to resizing pictures.

Rudiger
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Regimen: Finasteride, Dutasteride, minoxidil, Biotin, Dermarolling, Nizoral

Post by Rudiger » 2 months ago

Murkey Thumb wrote:
2 months ago
I thought that I would give a 3 month update on the zinc thymulin just to get a hopefully positive second opinion from you guys.
Base line around Aug 24 a month before starting treatment.20180815_150645 (2)a.jpg

3 months after starting treatment.20181217_100015 (2)a.jpg

3 months with flash so you can see developing follicles.20181217_095617 (2)a.jpg

Sorry about the poor quality of pictures but I am a bit of a dinosaur when it comes to resizing pictures.
Uh. Where do I sign up?

Congrats that's a great result and hope it's continuing to be one. Wow.
~get 1k likes and party~ 8-)

layabout
Hair Loss Novice
Hair Loss Novice
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: dermarolling/minoxidil/microdose finasteride

Post by layabout » 2 months ago

rclark wrote:
3 months ago

Bro, if you can't even get regrowth from finasteride and other drugs then you should't really expect miracles from dermarolling. The fact of the matter is I think a lot of you guys on here are just way too far gone to really get any effective treatment. You should probably just get a hair piece and call it a day.

Murkey Thumb
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie

Rudiger wrote:
2 months ago
Uh. Where do I sign up?

Congrats that's a great result and hope it's continuing to be one. Wow.
Here is another baseline picture, id just come back from holiday(that's as tanned as my Irish skin gets) and its a week before starting treatment.
20180824_134605 (2)a.jpg
20180824_134605 (2)a.jpg (25.87 KiB) Viewed 994 times
This is a picture from the end of the second month.
20180914_160608 (2)a.jpg
20180914_160608 (2)a.jpg (30.45 KiB) Viewed 994 times

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Regimen: - 5% Minoxidil once a day and Adenosin shampoo
- Discontinued due to lack of results: Stemoxydine and dermarolling

Post by Admin » 2 months ago

layabout wrote:
2 months ago
Bro, if you can't even get regrowth from finasteride and other drugs then you should't really expect miracles from dermarolling. The fact of the matter is I think a lot of you guys on here are just way too far gone to really get any effective treatment. You should probably just get a hair piece and call it a day
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=321

And then I can rename this website's domain to "impactofhairpiece.be" and leave only one section called: "Cool Hair Piece Styles Section".

"Call it a day", if only it was that simple, we would not need any hair loss forums, and no one in this world would have any reason to complain about their hair loss.

@Murkey Thumb, if most people that kind of results with topical zinc thymulin (especially at your age), it clearly blows dermarolling out of the water. It seems as efficient as minoxidil, but through other pathways and this is what matters here.

I'm currently thinking I might have been wrong not to give this a try :p. I'll wait a little to see how your results evolve and to see if other people get a similar thickening and darkening of their hair.

Murkey Thumb
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie

Admin wrote:
2 months ago
@Murkey Thumb, if most people that kind of results with topical zinc thymulin (especially at your age), it clearly blows dermarolling out of the water. It seems as efficient as minoxidil, but through other pathways and this is what matters here.

I'm currently thinking I might have been wrong not to give this a try :p. I'll wait a little to see how your results evolve and to see if other people get a similar thickening and darkening of their hair.
The next month will be fairly interesting to say the least. I believe that it has revived some of the hair that I lost back in early 2017 when I stopped the finasteride & 10% minoxidil, hopefully it will continue to thicken and get some new regrowth. The hair is definitely darker in colour and much better quality than it has been for 10 years, which makes me believe at the very least the effectiveness of zinc thymulin as a scalp conditioner. I will keep updating monthly.

Murkey Thumb
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie

Post by Murkey Thumb » 1 month ago

I haven't had any progress in the past month so wont be posting any more pictures until month 5. Got a massive itch and slight shed which I have bought under control, thank god, with a Zix formula(yes more Zinc). Would have liked to be able to show more progress at the 4 month point but I guess DHT is slowing things down for me.