Topical zinc thymulin

Discuss proven and experimental available hair loss solutions: minoxidil, finasteride, concealers, etc.
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: - 5% Minoxidil once a day and Head & Shoulders caffeine shampoo
- Discontinued due to lack of results: Stemoxydine and dermarolling

Re: Topical zinc thymulin

Post by Admin » 1 year ago

OK it's ordered for me, I had completely lost sight of the fact that it was aussie dollars, so 265€, shipping included? Relatively cheap in my opinion. I plan to use it twice a day as instructed but while continuing dermarolling on my crown area.

I'll apply the treatment to my whole NW6 area of course. Fingers crossed this at best allows me to cancel my third hair transplant and to buy some more time until better treatments come out.

Hairblues
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW1.5
Regimen: Topical minoxidil and finasteride

Post by Hairblues » 1 year ago

Admin wrote:
1 year ago
OK it's ordered for me, I had completely lost sight of the fact that it was aussie dollars, so 265€, shipping included? Relatively cheap in my opinion. I plan to use it twice a day as instructed but while continuing dermarolling on my crown area.

I'll apply the treatment to my whole NW6 area of course. Fingers crossed this at best allows me to cancel my third hair transplant and to buy some more time until better treatments come out.
Did the Dr or research give you a timeline to expect to see some results?

Is this more preventative or for regrowth?

You can continue Minoxidil?

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hairblues wrote:
1 year ago
Did the Dr or research give you a timeline to expect to see some results?

Is this more preventative or for regrowth?

You can continue Minoxidil?
Everything is in the study. Apparently it can produce some regrowth, you can look at the pictures and judge for yourself.

I will continue minoxidil, I don't think the treatments will interfere with each other.

White Ferrari
Hair Loss Novice
Hair Loss Novice
Norwood: NW3.5

Post by White Ferrari » 1 year ago

Admin wrote:
1 year ago
Everything is in the study. Apparently it can produce some regrowth, you can look at the pictures and judge for yourself.

I will continue minoxidil, I don't think the treatments will interfere with each other.
Quoted from HairLossTalk:

"I read through this study and there are some serious flies in the ointment, I want people to be aware of.

There was NO, I repeat no statistical significance for hair growth to be found in the original test group. Only after reducing the group to 10 out of of originally 18 people (to the ones who took it longer than 6 months), could a relatively small statistical significance with a p-value of 0.045 be esthablished.

This number is further warped by the inclusion of two minoxidil and finasteride users in the second group of only 10 people. So 20% in the second group were on other meds as well and might have heavily skewered the extent of statistical significance.

Aaaand the numbering is inconsistent again, patient 10 and 11 are both said to be only 5 months on zinc thymulin, but one shows up in the second 6months+ group. Likewise patient 8 was 6 months part of the programme, but does not show up in the reduced group for unknown reasons.

Furthermore the score for hair density is not only reliant on HGI analysis but also but raw assessment, so just eyeballing it, something which could be easily tweaked by one of the two assessors to reach a relatively low p-value.

Even then, the only increase that was proven with sufficient significance, was the increase of intermediate hair, no terminal or vellus hair seemed to have improved in a statistical significant way.

There's a serious chance that the researcher might have tinkered with the numbers just enough to reach statistical significance for the desired result.
"

This study? :lol:

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

White Ferrari wrote:
1 year ago
Quoted from HairLossTalk:

"I read through this study and there are some serious flies in the ointment, I want people to be aware of.

There was NO, I repeat no statistical significance for hair growth to be found in the original test group. Only after reducing the group to 10 out of of originally 18 people (to the ones who took it longer than 6 months), could a relatively small statistical significance with a p-value of 0.045 be esthablished.

This number is further warped by the inclusion of two minoxidil and finasteride users in the second group of only 10 people. So 20% in the second group were on other meds as well and might have heavily skewered the extent of statistical significance.

Aaaand the numbering is inconsistent again, patient 10 and 11 are both said to be only 5 months on zinc thymulin, but one shows up in the second 6months+ group. Likewise patient 8 was 6 months part of the programme, but does not show up in the reduced group for unknown reasons.

Furthermore the score for hair density is not only reliant on HGI analysis but also but raw assessment, so just eyeballing it, something which could be easily tweaked by one of the two assessors to reach a relatively low p-value.

Even then, the only increase that was proven with sufficient significance, was the increase of intermediate hair, no terminal or vellus hair seemed to have improved in a statistical significant way.

There's a serious chance that the researcher might have tinkered with the numbers just enough to reach statistical significance for the desired result.
"

This study? :lol:
Yeah I know who wrote that. This is more an act of faith (in zinc) than anything here for me, and I find the pictures to be legit. I've seen how powerful zinc is, for both acne and wound healing. So I really hope that combined with dermarolling it might do something significant, and as others have said, people have been reporting hair growth with that kind of peptide on bodybuilding forum so it's not like all this is baseless.

kj6723
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Norwood: NW1.5
Regimen: Dutasteride .5mg daily, minoxidil 5% 1-2x daily, nizoral 1% whenever

Post by kj6723 » 1 year ago

Isn't there some speculation that topical zinc and minoxidil cancel each other out or something? I remember seeing a reference to this at some point on one of those threads about zix

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

I guess it's just the normal reaction to completely dismiss this treatment off the bat. Reddit's tressless community doesn't believe in it and most of them members call it a scam:

The problem is, I had no issue proving wrong the most upvoted comment in this thread. He says "they can't go through the skin barrier so it just won't work. Period." But one Google search and I quickly stumbled on this article: https://www.futurederm.com/do-peptides- ... rk-or-not/

The short answer is that we’re not exactly sure. Based on the rules that we’re now using, peptides should not work. Yet, a number of studies show they can be very effective in skin care. As it turns out, there are a few ways that they might still work.

One is through signaling. This is when the peptide sends a chemical message that mimics the ones cells send to one another to cause them to behave a certain way. Mimicking could make these changes without actually having to penetrate the skin, which means that even though peptides don’t go through the skin barrier, they still work effectively.

The other way they could work is by being broken down by the skin. In the Experimental Dermatology article on the 500 Dalton rule, the researchers consider that latex allergies might exist because when latex comes into contact with skin, it is broken down into smaller peptides that can penetrate skin. It’s possible that larger peptides also behave in this way and are broken down by the skin to a size that can cross the skin barrier.

Given our current level of understanding, it seems impossible that peptides should be able to cross the skin barrier. In particular, we’re talking about peptides like palmitoyl tetrapeptide-4 and palmitoyl tetrapeptide-7, and some small peptides are actually penetration enhancers. And, if we just go by their Dalton size, then it’s true that they should not be effective ingredients.

But studies have shown that they work, which contradicts scientific knowledge about penetration and size.

I really hope it's going to give me substantial regrowth, but I'm not getting my hopes up, that third hair transplant in February 2019 will remain booked.

Edit: just LOL! They deleted my comment, why the hell would they have to do that? As usual, we can see that reddit and freedom of speech don't go together.

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

What the hell, I just received a full refund for the product. Did anybody else who ordered it get that?

Edit: OK I got a reply from Dr. Vickers:

Hi Fred,
A very late, unexpected and unresolved issue with the contract manufacturer. Quite disappointing. Don’t order again. I think this will take some time, or I source another manufacturer to keep the price down.
regards Dr Vickers

Murkey Thumb
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Norwood: NW4

Post by Murkey Thumb » 1 year ago

Ah shit! I just had the same message! Why do hair loss treatments always disappoint us in one way or another? Will be checking my credit card statement in the morning!

Rudiger
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Regimen: Finasteride, Dutasteride, minoxidil, Biotin, Dermarolling, Nizoral

Post by Rudiger » 1 year ago

Wow sounds shit.

I don't know though, I think I should still try and buy it?

/desperate
~get 1k likes and party~ 8-)

Murkey Thumb
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie

You cant buy it! Serious manufacturing issues. Sucks big time!

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Murkey Thumb wrote:
1 year ago
You cant buy it! Serious manufacturing issues. Sucks big time!
So I read on HairlossTalk that the doc said that those issues would be resolved by the end of next month (sigh).

Can you confirm?

I'm still hoping to get my hands on this treatment. I'll be in Sydney in November so I'm now wondering if it would not be possible for me to get it on the spot :p.

Murkey Thumb
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie

From what I have been told he is willing to sell it directly in New Zealand & Australia. The rest of us need to wait anther 3-4 weeks. A couple of guys have already got their hands on it and are currently using it so if you are going into Sydney I would definitely give him a call.

Murkey Thumb
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie

Post by Murkey Thumb » 11 months ago

I finally managed to order some Zinc Thymulin it should be with me in a week. If you are interested in trying it then for now you need to contact Dr Vickers directly; contact@clinicalstemcells.com . The payment is via paypal $310 USD.

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » 10 months ago

Now a member of HairlossTalk claims that someone who used topical zinc thymulin got those results: https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/t ... st-1719853

I'm keeping an eye on this from afar and I can't be bothered to start investigating if it's true. I guess the final verdict on this treatment is going to come from the people who are currently trying it like @Murkey Thumb . A couple more months should suffice now.

I hope you keep us up to date Murkey :).