What are the options for gray hair?

Discuss proven and experimental available hair loss solutions: minoxidil, finasteride, concealers, etc.
Rudiger
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: Finasteride, Dutasteride, minoxidil, Biotin, Dermarolling, Nizoral

Re: What are the options for gray hair?

Post by Rudiger » 5 months ago

JasonStatham wrote:
5 months ago
Yes. A 20 year old guy that starts with life, has the same impact, than a 50 year old that already, or should established one.

Finding a wife, a career and maintain a social circle (were all your friends mostly have Norwood 1) is the same thing than than a guy waking up with Grey hair like all his friends, and if they don't, they are bald anyway.
And women turn down 50 year olds the same they do with 20 year olds left and right. They want oldies with Norwood 1. XD

But yeah. Rudiger can't crizize that because he will go the same way?
Who was ever arguing that aging young is worse than at middle age? Is that the conclusion your mind jumped to, therefore why you don't have a clue what's going on?

Where did anyone imply that greying/balding in your 20s is easier than middle age?
~get 1k likes and party~ 8-)

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Regimen: - 5% Minoxidil once a day and Adenosin shampoo
- Discontinued due to lack of results: Stemoxydine and dermarolling

Post by Admin » 5 months ago

JasonStatham wrote:
5 months ago
Yes. A 20 year old guy that starts with life, has the same impact, than a 50 year old that already, or should established one.
True, but I don't think you can tell people how they should feel, you can make reasonable criticism and some people can really take it too far and become overly obsessed with something seemingly insignificant, like a tiny mole on their arm, but if someone is truly suffering from something that's real and observable like grey hair, I don't think it would be wise to rush to judgement and tell a 50 year old dealing with grey hair: "bruh you've had your life and fun, no you shouldn't care about your looks for the next 30 years!"

It's not hard to understand: greying is worse than not greying, it's a less desirable state and it's hard to look at it any other way, now some people will say it makes you distinguished or that it's stylish and why not? In the same way some people told me "you know a bald head is also a style, and a cool one at that, look at [buffed male celebrity number 23]!" It's OK, they can believe that and even be genuine about it, but they should never have tried to force that belief on me, and some of them did. It was a way for them to rush to a "case closed" conclusion, hair loss is nothing, now stop being depressed and anxious! I just told you everything was going to be fine!

To each their own. For example, almost everyone at my workplace was supportive about the hair transplant I had yesterday, the keyword is almost, one person didn't seem too thrilled about it and only by their words and actions conveyed that the fact that I was doing is not something he could take seriously. It was something like "well for your thing there, good luck! :smirk:". I can't be sure but that's what I felt, but it's OK, for a moment, I felt like I had stepped in an alternative reality where everyone was suddenly understanding of hair loss and why it could matter to someone.

Of course not, but my point is, one should be careful about taking that point of view and tell others that caring about something as trivial as hair loss or grey hair makes them unreasonable, especially in our current materialistic and looks-obsessed world.

JasonStatham
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW3.5

Post by JasonStatham » 5 months ago

I still stand behind, that at some point you have to accept your age. But I guess its hard in a forum like this with BDD people, you talk to walls. And yes before Rudiger makes a novel out of nothing to enjoy his Internet fights, I'm including myselves in that BDD category aswell, like I did many times before.
Last edited by JasonStatham 5 months ago, edited 1 time in total.

Arjen
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW5
Regimen: Shaving

Post by Arjen » 5 months ago

Admin wrote:
5 months ago
True, but I don't think you can tell people how they should feel, you can make reasonable criticism and some people can really take it too far and become overly obsessed with something seemingly insignificant, like a tiny mole on their arm, but if someone is truly suffering from something that's real and observable like grey hair, I don't think it would be wise to rush to judgement and tell a 50 year old dealing with grey hair: "bruh you've had your life and fun, no you shouldn't care about your looks for the next 30 years!"

It's not hard to understand: greying is worse than not greying, it's a less desirable state and it's hard to look at it any other way, now some people will say it makes you distinguished or that it's stylish and why not? In the same way some people told me "you know a bald head is also a style, and a cool one at that, look at [buffed male celebrity number 23]!" It's OK, they can believe that and even be genuine about it, but they should never have tried to force that belief on me, and some of them did. It was a way for them to rush to a "case closed" conclusion, hair loss is nothing, now stop being depressed and anxious! I just told you everything was going to be fine!

To each their own. For example, almost everyone at my workplace was supportive about the hair transplant I had yesterday, the keyword is almost, one person didn't seem too thrilled about it and only by their words and actions conveyed that the fact that I was doing is not something he could take seriously. It was something like "well for your thing there, good luck! :smirk:". I can't be sure but that's what I felt, but it's OK, for a moment, I felt like I had stepped in an alternative reality where everyone was suddenly understanding of hair loss and why it could matter to someone.

Of course not, but my point is, one should be careful about taking that point of view and tell others that caring about something as trivial as hair loss or grey hair makes them unreasonable, especially in our current materialistic and looks-obsessed world.
May I ask: do you get the days you need to take off „sponsored“ again this time? If so, happy for you, but I could understand if it raised eyebrows among some co-workers.

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Regimen: - 5% Minoxidil once a day and Adenosin shampoo
- Discontinued due to lack of results: Stemoxydine and dermarolling

Post by Admin » 5 months ago

Arjen wrote:
5 months ago
May I ask: do you get the days you need to take off „sponsored“ again this time? If so, happy for you, but I could understand if it raised eyebrows among some co-workers.
I have a medical note for a week, and yes if you look at it from the perspective above, sure it's going to raise a few eyebrows. And more people would if I hadn't told them my story, and it's not as if that was needed either anyway. My colleagues known me with a shaved head and now with long hair and they're raving about how different (yes I think it means better) I look.

Now that I'm shaved again, and I hadn't taken such a big leap (from hair to bald) since I was like 20, the plain truth is just that my bald self and my "hairy" self are simply too different people. It's about your very identity, how you want to appear in the world, and this is no joke. The more time passes, the more I realize that getting my hair back was about looking like my true self again. And yes that person has hair, it occurred to me after another colleague told me: "Why can't you accept yourself as a bald man?"

I've thought about that a lot and this thought ended up popping in my mind: what makes him think that the "true Fred" is necessarily the bald one? Because bruh, it's nature! And you would look like that with any intervention. Yeah, of course it's the case most people would defend, take it to its conclusion then: don't shave, don't take care of yourself, don't groom yourself, if you lose a teeth, just leave it like that, be your true self like nature and fate intended! Especially as a man, real men don't care and let nature do whatever she wants!

Wow I went off on a little tangent here :p. Anyway, taking time off any other medical problem that makes you suffer physically, hell even for depression, anxiety, burnouts would barely raise any eyebrows, and some people take time off for like 3 months and are like "so what, I'm sick!" and sometimes we know that they're mostly faking it, I guess that's a common story in workplaces, and I'm being conservative with my example above.

If someone has a problem with my surgery and the fact that the recovery is sponsored, they can come to me with their arguments if they want, but it seems that they won't, I sure know that I can make a good case for myself.