What are the options for gray hair?

Discuss proven and experimental available hair loss solutions: minoxidil, finasteride, concealers, etc.
rclark
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Finasteride 1 mg daily, Progesterone 2% (22mg daily), Minoxidil 15% hair growth only).
Using 1.5 mm needle on all bald/balding areas weekly.

What are the options for gray hair?

Post by rclark » 5 months ago

This is a problem for some people, and not an issue for others.

Just curious, how many people are dying their hair? If not hair dyes,
what are some of the medications people have tried?

For most people this will start to become noticeable in their thirties and older.

Currently I am using a hair dye that only covers some of the gray hair, while
leaving other hair gray.

Occasionally I do this with my facial hair, but it's become too much of a maintenance
headache.

JasonStatham
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW3.5

Re: What are the options for gray hair?

Post by JasonStatham » 5 months ago

rclark wrote:
5 months ago
This is a problem for some people, and not an issue for others.

Just curious, how many people are dying their hair? If not hair dyes,
what are some of the medications people have tried?

For most people this will start to become noticeable in their thirties and older.

Currently I am using a hair dye that only covers some of the gray hair, while
leaving other hair gray.

Occasionally I do this with my facial hair, but it's become too much of a maintenance
headache.
I'm just gonna say it: At some point you have to realize that people age and its okay. If you were in your 20s with grey hair, yeah dye it and move on. Its a pain but what isn't in life.

Me personally, I find guys with grey hair good looking. I never ever saw a younger guy with grey hair but that's maybe because they all dye it? Or its just incredibly rare in younger guys.

Today I saw 2 people with grey hair at the GYM. They both looked good. And I never ever heard a woman talking something negative about guys with grey hair (again not counting a guy that is 21 and just started life...)

CaptainForehead
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Norwood: NW7
Regimen: Avoid mirrors and other reflective surfaces

Post by CaptainForehead » 5 months ago

JasonStatham wrote:
5 months ago
I'm just gonna say it: At some point you have to realize that people age and its okay.
Well, fuck you, it's like saying people lose hair and it's ok.

I hate aging, and I hate white hair.

Unfortunately I don't have hair on my head, I beard-compensate, so I'm looking at options to dye my beard.
I've been trying to cut the white hairs, but they are winning.

JasonStatham
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

CaptainForehead wrote:
5 months ago
Well, fuck you, it's like saying people lose hair and it's ok.
Sorry but if you are in your 50's and you cry about grey hair in a forum, you should do some soul-searching.

And if you compare this situation to a 20 years old guy in college that is having some grey hair, you are fucking retarded. And that's what you did.

justin
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: Nothing

Post by justin » 5 months ago

JasonStatham wrote:
5 months ago
I never ever saw a younger guy with grey hair but that's maybe because they all dye it?
I knew one in highschool. His hair is even greyer now, he looks good and has an attractive girlfriend.

Added in 2 minutes 51 seconds:
I don't think I'll stress it when my hair starts greying, but easier said than done.
Even when I’m lying on my back I’m never backing down.

kj6723
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Norwood: NW1.5
Regimen: Dutasteride .5mg daily, minoxidil 5% 1-2x daily, nizoral 1% whenever

Post by kj6723 » 5 months ago

In general no one gives a shit if you're a male and have greying hair, even if you're in your 20's. People might make "jokes" here and there, but they're not the same as balding jokes in cruelty and heart-stabbing impact

in my opinion, for guy's 50+, unless they look younger, they should leave at least some salt and pepper in there if they want to dye their hair. Otherwise it may look try hard and obvious

CaptainForehead
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast

JasonStatham wrote:
5 months ago
Sorry but if you are in your 50's and you cry about grey hair in a forum, you should do some soul-searching.
My soul is dead.
kj6723 wrote:
5 months ago
in my opinion, for guy's 50+, unless they look younger, they should leave at least some salt and pepper in there if they want to dye their hair. Otherwise it may look try hard and obvious
Both of these sound like "accept your place, lowly male."
Acceptable for women to improve their looks, not for males.

kj6723
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Norwood: NW1.5
Regimen: Dutasteride .5mg daily, minoxidil 5% 1-2x daily, nizoral 1% whenever

Post by kj6723 » 5 months ago

CaptainForehead wrote:
5 months ago
Both of these sound like "accept your place, lowly male."
Acceptable for women to improve their looks, not for males.
It just doesn't look bad in my opinion. If something looks bad I'm all about trying to figure out a way to fix it, but I just don't find it to be the case

Behold the glory of the bespeckled facial hair:
105288480-6ED3-REQ-062218-Waldau-GOH.940x528.jpg
105288480-6ED3-REQ-062218-Waldau-GOH.940x528.jpg (31.53 KiB) Viewed 835 times

yettee
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: Minoxidil

Post by yettee » 5 months ago

As has been discussed before (but maybe not here?), minoxidil helps with grey hair, slows the process. I don’t dye my hair, but I was greying a lot faster before I started minoxidil... so there’s that.

CaptainForehead
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast

kj6723 wrote:
5 months ago
It just doesn't look bad in my opinion. If something looks bad I'm all about trying to figure out a way to fix it, but I just don't find it to be the case

Behold the glory of the bespeckled facial hair:
105288480-6ED3-REQ-062218-Waldau-GOH.940x528.jpg
Yeah, combined with dyed head hair.

I don't have head hair (NW7).

JLBB
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW1
Regimen: 0.25mg Finasteride

Post by JLBB » 5 months ago

If your hair line is strong and you have good density, grey hair is not an issue. I have a friend who is 25 with a full head of grey hair and it looks great. Everyone who has mentioned it has done so with a positive or intrigued outlook on it. The second it starts to thin out it will likely be more of a problem than a little thinning in a guy with their original colour, but otherwise it makes no difference to your aesthetics.

Rudiger
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: Finasteride, Dutasteride, minoxidil, Biotin, Dermarolling, Nizoral

Post by Rudiger » 5 months ago

JasonStatham wrote:
5 months ago

And if you compare this situation to a 20 years old guy in college that is having some grey hair, you are fucking retarded. And that's what you did.
Yeah middle aged grey guys who have more posts than you in a forum (which you post on) need to get laid am I right brehbrah?!

*Dick five*
~get 1k likes and party~ 8-)

JasonStatham
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Rudiger wrote:
5 months ago
Yeah middle aged grey guys who have more posts than you in a forum (which you post on) need to get laid am I right brehbrah?!

*Dick five*
Nope. Opposite bruh. He should start to relax cause I highly doubt he's libido is the same than 30 years ago.

If for you, a guy in his 50s complaining about having grey hair on a hair loss forum, with guys in their 20s or 30s losing there hair is the the same thing, then you are fucking retarded bruh"

Rudiger
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: Finasteride, Dutasteride, minoxidil, Biotin, Dermarolling, Nizoral

Post by Rudiger » 5 months ago

JasonStatham wrote:
5 months ago
Nope. Opposite bruh. He should start to relax cause I highly doubt he's libido is the same than 30 years ago.

If for you, a guy in his 50s complaining about having grey hair on a hair loss forum, with guys in their 20s or 30s losing there hair is the the same thing, then you are fucking retarded bruh"
And I bet as a full head teen you thought "all bald guys should just own it and stop whining on forums" (probably wrote about this on a forum you posted on). The principal is exactly the same, you're in no position to tell someone to stop worrying about their grey hair, in the same way people can't tell us to stop being pathetic with our drugs and transplants.

But I suppose your advice would be of more worth if it was actual heartfelt advice to help someone out, instead it was just another excuse to patronisingly talk about how people are weak (unlike you) and cry on forums.
~get 1k likes and party~ 8-)

JasonStatham
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Rudiger wrote:
5 months ago
And I bet as a full head teen you thought "all bald guys should just own it and stop whining on forums" (probably wrote about this on a forum you posted on). The principal is exactly the same, you're in no position to tell someone to stop worrying about their grey hair, in the same way people can't tell us to stop being pathetic with our drugs and transplants.

But I suppose your advice would be of more worth if it was actual heartfelt advice to help someone out, instead it was just another excuse to patronisingly talk about how people are weak (unlike you) and cry on forums.
Yes. A 20 year old guy that starts with life, has the same impact, than a 50 year old that already, or should established one.

Finding a wife, a career and maintain a social circle (were all your friends mostly have Norwood 1) is the same thing than than a guy waking up with Grey hair like all his friends, and if they don't, they are bald anyway.
And women turn down 50 year olds the same they do with 20 year olds left and right. They want oldies with Norwood 1. XD

But yeah. Rudiger can't crizize that because he will go the same way?