Tocotrienol (a form of Vitamin E) for hair loss

Discuss proven and experimental available hair loss solutions: minoxidil, finasteride, concealers, etc.
koolaidshade
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: big 3, microneedling for absorption

Tocotrienol (a form of Vitamin E) for hair loss

Post by koolaidshade » 4 weeks ago

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3819075/

What do you guys think? A 34.5% increase in hair count at the end of 8 months seems too good to be true. I currently take vitamin E in the form of mixed tocopherols (not tocotrienol) for its antioxidant properties

Rudiger
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Regimen: Finasteride, Dutasteride, minoxidil, Biotin, Dermarolling, Nizoral

Re: Tocotrienol (a form of Vitamin E) for hair loss

Post by Rudiger » 4 weeks ago

I wanna know @Admin's thoughts, he probably injected it in his eyeballs at some point.
~get 1k likes and party~ 8-)

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Regimen: - 5% Minoxidil once a day and Adenosin shampoo
- Discontinued due to lack of results: Stemoxydine and dermarolling

Post by Admin » 4 weeks ago

Rudiger wrote:
4 weeks ago
I wanna know Admin's thoughts, he probably injected it in his eyeballs at some point.
It's one of the BS natural treatments that I've never incorporated in my kitchen sink natural regimen.

But I remember reading about it back in 2011. In doubt, look at the country from which this study originated:

Malaysia.

And then do what @That Guy suggested we do with studies from China:

rclark
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Finasteride 1 mg daily, Progesterone 2% (22mg daily), Minoxidil 15% hair growth only).
Using 1.5 mm needle on all bald/balding areas weekly.

Post by rclark » 4 weeks ago

koolaidshade wrote:
4 weeks ago
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3819075/

What do you guys think? A 34.5% increase in hair count at the end of 8 months seems too good to be true. I currently take vitamin E in the form of mixed tocopherols (not tocotrienol) for its antioxidant properties
Oxidation causes gray hair. This sight is a scientific published sight, so I would say it is correct.

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Regimen: - 5% Minoxidil once a day and Adenosin shampoo
- Discontinued due to lack of results: Stemoxydine and dermarolling

Post by Admin » 4 weeks ago

rclark wrote:
4 weeks ago
Oxidation causes gray hair. This sight is a scientific published sight, so I would say it is correct.
It does not talk about hair color, but hair growth.

Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Post by Afro_Vacancy » 4 weeks ago

I could be wrong, but I think that it's very implausible that simple micronutrient supplementations can have any effect on gross hair loss. The way I see it, hair loss is likely what your body is supposed to do. Bodies naturally come in different shapes and sizes due to gene, proteins, bacteria, and environmental interactions determined during pregnancy and early childhood that you now have no influence over.

Think about it, would you tell a man with blonde hair that he can grow black hair by taking vitamin C supplements?
Would you tell a woman with brown eyes that she can have blue eyes if she takes vitamin K2 supplements?
Would you tell a 12 year old boy that if he consumes an extra vitamin A tablet he'll end up with proportionately longer arms and shorter legs?

No, you would not.

Pharmaceuticals, steroids, etc might actually work because they directly interact with the enzymes and proteins in your body in a transformative way, it's kind of equivalent to gene therapy.

That said, you can go bald faster if you have a deficiency in some micronutrients such as iron, but that's unlikely to be the case for most of you.

rclark
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Finasteride 1 mg daily, Progesterone 2% (22mg daily), Minoxidil 15% hair growth only).
Using 1.5 mm needle on all bald/balding areas weekly.

Post by rclark » 4 weeks ago

Added in 2 minutes 58 seconds:
Here is information on oxidation, and gray hair, in case anybody is interested.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2929555/

koolaidshade
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Regimen: big 3, microneedling for absorption

Post by koolaidshade » 3 weeks ago

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
4 weeks ago
I could be wrong, but I think that it's very implausible that simple micronutrient supplementations can have any effect on gross hair loss. The way I see it, hair loss is likely what your body is supposed to do. Bodies naturally come in different shapes and sizes due to gene, proteins, bacteria, and environmental interactions determined during pregnancy and early childhood that you now have no influence over.

Think about it, would you tell a man with blonde hair that he can grow black hair by taking vitamin C supplements?
Would you tell a woman with brown eyes that she can have blue eyes if she takes vitamin K2 supplements?
Would you tell a 12 year old boy that if he consumes an extra vitamin A tablet he'll end up with proportionately longer arms and shorter legs?

No, you would not.

Pharmaceuticals, steroids, etc might actually work because they directly interact with the enzymes and proteins in your body in a transformative way, it's kind of equivalent to gene therapy.

That said, you can go bald faster if you have a deficiency in some micronutrients such as iron, but that's unlikely to be the case for most of you.
Maybe its wishful thinking, but some substances can reduce the damage that results from androgens/inflammation. The people taking these supplements are most likely not taking it for malnutrition. I think that the antioxidant activity of the tocotrienols can have some effect, to some extent. I just wish there were more studies on it