New topical spironolactone with minoxidil formula

Discuss proven and experimental available hair loss solutions: minoxidil, finasteride, concealers, etc.
rclark
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Finasteride 1 mg daily, Progesterone 2% (22mg daily), Minoxidil 15% hair growth only).
Using 1.5 mm needle on all bald/balding areas weekly.

New topical spironolactone with minoxidil formula

Post by rclark » 3 months ago

There is a new topical spironolactone medication that is mixed with Minoxidil, and uses the same ingredient to absorb through the skin that Minoxidil does.

There appears to be some legitimate science behind this medication:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2972662

In addition to that, it appears that this medication is pure, and comes from a reputable pharmacy that I have been purchasing products from since 2012.

That said, there must be some dangers in taking this?

I am looking for ways to get better density, the reason is with the current amount of topical Progesterone I am taking, I only shed a few hairs in a month. So any addition, no matter how small, is going to help my Norwood four.

The concern I have is that there seems to be multiple dosage standards. Some doctor's are prescribing five percent, some as low as one percent.

What are peoples thoughts on this medication?
Last edited by rclark 3 months ago, edited 1 time in total.

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: - 5% Minoxidil once a day and Adenosin shampoo
- Discontinued due to lack of results: Stemoxydine and dermarolling

Re: New topical spironolactone with minoxidil formula

Post by Admin » 3 months ago

rclark wrote:
3 months ago
That said, there must be some dangers in taking this?
See your own reply in this thread I've merged yours with:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=97#p6646

;)

So no, kids, I'd say don't mess with that to treat your hair loss.

rclark
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Regimen: Finasteride 1 mg daily, Progesterone 2% (22mg daily), Minoxidil 15% hair growth only).

Admin wrote:
3 months ago
See your own reply in this thread I've merged yours with:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=97#p6646

;)

So no, kids, I'd say don't mess with that to treat your hair loss.
There's been changes since then (science).

FYI: That wasn't the thread I did yesterday, it was
a while ago, when your best friend Stan was posting here.
topical_spiro_2.png
topical_spiro_2.png (227.17 KiB) Viewed 1041 times
rclark wrote:
6 months ago
Will it help hair loss, yes.

Will it damage your plumbing permenantly, probably...

Spironolactone is the most potent hair loss medication, in my opinion. I wouldn't take it orally though, that's just
me.
TOPICAL Spironolactone will probably help hairloss. There has been science about topically
applying it, which of course, is much different than taking it orally.

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Regimen: - 5% Minoxidil once a day and Adenosin shampoo
- Discontinued due to lack of results: Stemoxydine and dermarolling

Post by Admin » 3 months ago

rclark wrote:
3 months ago
TOPICAL Spironolactone will probably help hairloss. There has been science about topically
applying it, which of course, is much different than taking it orally.
My bad, I didn't get that. I split the thread again.

I still wouldn't use topical spironolactone but I heard some people had some success treating their hair loss with it and no side-effects.

They're rare though.

rclark
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

Admin wrote:
3 months ago
My bad, I didn't get that. I split the thread again.

I still wouldn't use topical spironolactone but I heard some people had some success treating their hair loss with it and no side-effects.

They're rare though.
For myself, I decided to not renew my prescription with topical Estrogen, because of the side
effects I had when I took it months ago. It was too dangerous, and I started to get feminine
side effects. At that point I started taking testosterone to reverse them.

I only took topical Estrogen, for my hair loss, for about a couple of weeks, and then I completely
quit.

I was warned about ^ that as well, from other members. They were right. @whatevr

I understand your skeptimism, because I got that quite a lot on BaldTruthTalk and HairLossTalk with Progesterone.
That's why I didn't make a Progesterone thread here. Most of it was from males, and for good
reason. It would probably be the most down voted topic on this board.

That said, although I am a Norwood 3.5/4, my hair rarely falls out. So, I have bad density, but
it isn't getting worse. I only lose around five hairs (seasonal, in autumn), per month. In the Spring
and Summer time, when hair grows faster, it is around one to zero per month.

Progesterone doesn't work for a lot of men. In fact, for younger men in their twenties/ possibly
thirties (I'm an old dinosaur), it actually makes their hair worse.

This is "off FDA" usage, which in the U.S., is kind of like taking Dust instead of finasteride (guess who
recommended dutasteride to me?, and said Progesterone was bad? The "privileged one".

@Admin

You should run for President of the U.S. some day. You would definitely get my vote.

As long as you don't collaborate with Russia, I would support you, even if you ran
for the GOP.

koolaidshade
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Regimen: big 3, microneedling for absorption

Post by koolaidshade » 3 months ago

rclark wrote:
3 months ago
For myself, I decided to not renew my prescription with topical Estrogen, because of the side
effects I had when I took it months ago. It was too dangerous, and I started to get feminine
side effects. At that point I started taking testosterone to reverse them.

I only took topical Estrogen, for my hair loss, for about a couple of weeks, and then I completely
quit.

I was warned about ^ that as well, from other members. They were right. @whatevr

I understand your skeptimism, because I got that quite a lot on BaldTruthTalk and HairLossTalk with Progesterone.
That's why I didn't make a Progesterone thread here. Most of it was from males, and for good
reason. It would probably be the most down voted topic on this board.

That said, although I am a Norwood 3.5/4, my hair rarely falls out. So, I have bad density, but
it isn't getting worse. I only lose around five hairs (seasonal, in autumn), per month. In the Spring
and Summer time, when hair grows faster, it is around one to zero per month.

Progesterone doesn't work for a lot of men. In fact, for younger men in their twenties/ possibly
thirties (I'm an old dinosaur), it actually makes their hair worse.

This is "off FDA" usage, which in the U.S., is kind of like taking Dust instead of finasteride (guess who
recommended dutasteride to me?, and said Progesterone was bad? The "privileged one".

@Admin

You should run for President of the U.S. some day. You would definitely get my vote.

As long as you don't collaborate with Russia, I would support you, even if you ran
for the GOP.

Why did some men get adverse effects to their hair form the progesterone? where did you read this?

Also, topical spironolactone can smell like skunk when mixed with minoxidil. I used a cream back in 2016 and it didnt do much for me

rclark
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

koolaidshade wrote:
3 months ago
Why did some men get adverse effects to their hair form the progesterone? where did you read this?

Also, topical spironolactone can smell like skunk when mixed with minoxidil. I used a cream back in 2016 and it didnt do much for me
Some of the men continued to go bald, even with Progesterone. There weren't any side effects (although, both were small groups,
the hydroxy Progesterone contained eighteen, the "pure Progesterone" contained only twelve.

Here is the link:

http://www.androgeneticalopecia.com/hai ... ness.shtml

Hydroxy Progesterone was the only topical chemical that regrew hair.

The "regular" Progesterone group had only two outcomes. Half the men kept their hair density, the other half
continued to go bald.

Progesterone stopped my shedding, including all shedding (both my back and side hair no longer fall out). I do get
hair falling out on top, but it's around five a month.

koolaidshade
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Regimen: big 3, microneedling for absorption

Post by koolaidshade » 3 months ago

rclark wrote:
3 months ago
Some of the men continued to go bald, even with Progesterone. There weren't any side effects (although, both were small groups,
the hydroxy Progesterone contained eighteen, the "pure Progesterone" contained only twelve.

Here is the link:

http://www.androgeneticalopecia.com/hai ... ness.shtml

Hydroxy Progesterone was the only topical chemical that regrew hair.

The "regular" Progesterone group had only two outcomes. Half the men kept their hair density, the other half
continued to go bald.

Progesterone stopped my shedding, including all shedding (both my back and side hair no longer fall out). I do get
hair falling out on top, but it's around five a month.
Oh ok, so for some people the progesterone did nothing to halt their hair loss.

I thought you initially meant that progesterone made things worse, versus the control group

by the way, did you ever get varicose/spider veins from using progesterone? I heard its a possible side effect from people that have too high levels of progesterone, which is usually found in pregnant women or people that overdose it

rclark
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

koolaidshade wrote:
3 months ago
Oh ok, so for some people the progesterone did nothing to halt their hair loss.

I thought you initially meant that progesterone made things worse, versus the control group

by the way, did you ever get varicose/spider veins from using progesterone? I heard its a possible side effect from people that have too high levels of progesterone, which is usually found in pregnant women or people that overdose it
No, I never got vericose veins. That said, it didn't stop my hair from shedding until I raised the
dosage from 0.5% to 2%.

I've only used it for two years though.

shadylane
Hair Loss Novice
Hair Loss Novice
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: Minoxdil, Zinc Thymulin, Keto Cream, Derminator

Post by shadylane » 2 months ago

I am tempted to try this topical spiro it’s fairly expensive though and I was unsure about sides especially when needling my scalp.
I have been told I have too much hair at the moment for a transplant but I’m starting to feel desperate with this diffuse thinning.

kj6723
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Norwood: NW1.5
Regimen: Dutasteride .5mg daily, minoxidil 5% 1-2x daily, dermastamp 1.5mm weekly, nizoral 1% whenever

Post by kj6723 » 2 months ago

Well HairLossTalk admin swears up and down by the stuff :D

Not sure about this new formula though