What's up with these amazing recoveries? e.g. Somebody

Discuss proven and experimental available hair loss solutions: minoxidil, finasteride, concealers, etc.
User avatar
shadylane
Hair Loss Novice
Hair Loss Novice
Posts: 60
Joined: 6 months ago
Reputation: 103
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: Minoxdil, Zinc Thymulin, Keto Cream, Derminator
Location: Scotland

Re: What's up with these amazing recoveries? e.g. Somebody

Post by shadylane » 6 months ago

I do believe in this wounding theory, although it probably depends on the delivery method used.
I have a dermapen, so I will try the 2mm and report back.

User avatar
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1542
Joined: 10 months ago
Reputation: 3357
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: - 5% Minoxidil once a day and Adenosin shampoo
- Discontinued due to lack of results: Stemoxydine and dermarolling
Location: Belgium
Age: 29
Contact:

Re: What's up with these amazing recoveries? e.g. Somebody

Post by Admin » 6 months ago

Murkey Thumb wrote:
6 months ago
I have seen a lot of miracle recovery jobs on hair forums over the years but I am fairly convinced that most of them didn't suffer from male pattern baldness in the first place. There are a lots of causes of hairloss thyroid issues, vitamin deficiency, stress, allergy etc these are more likely to be the culprits than male pattern baldness.
Great point, I think that's a common occurence with people who think they've stumbled on gold and end up selling it. You see that they often genuinely believe their own BS, like that Danny Roddy guy for example, or the founder of the ImmortalHair forum.

Telogen effluvium is a thing and I heard about men I know experiencing it, they even had the audacity to tell me when I started losing my hair: "are you sure because I once lost a lot of hair because of stress and then it all grew back!"

Yeah 12 years after the beginning of my hair loss, I'm pretty sure my hair isn't growing back. We have to watch out for that kind of people, because some of them have been active on hair loss forums for like 15 years (there is one on hairlosshelp, I can't remember his name).

The guys have been dealing with a mature hair line since their mid-20's and have convinced themselves that the reason their NW1.5 has not worsened one bit in 15 years is because they jumped on finasteride soon enough.

When you truly suffer for genetic hair loss, you're not going to be saved forever by popping a pill once a day, having one hair transplant and certainly not by using an apple cider vinegar lotion or cutting out gluten and dairy from your diet.

User avatar
JasonStatham
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 915
Joined: 10 months ago
Reputation: 2015
Norwood: NW3.5

Re: What's up with these amazing recoveries? e.g. Somebody

Post by JasonStatham » 6 months ago

White Ferrari wrote:
6 months ago
Uninformed post honestly.

First of all, Somebody doesn't do wounding.

Secondly, he's been posting for years on HairLossTalk to boost his shitty youtube channel? He has 500 subscribers and many of his videos don't even crack a 1000 views.

Also, I think it's obvious that his hair line is simply not transplant work.

Of course I'm not saying to expect his results. But as is the case with every form of treatment there will be a great variance. I also have to point out that besides not following his way of using the dermaroller, you are also not blocking DHT like he is.
Dude really? How can a person grow hair on a bald spot? It's simply not possible. He had a hair transplant besides the big 3 and Dermarolling. Its still impressive results and I don't know why he has to lie to us. He still could make a book and tell his story. But it's not possible to suddenly grow a lot of new hair when the follicles are fucking dead. His hair line was repaired probably in Turkey.

And how do you know his hair line is not transplanted work? From what evidence?

User avatar
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1542
Joined: 10 months ago
Reputation: 3357
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: - 5% Minoxidil once a day and Adenosin shampoo
- Discontinued due to lack of results: Stemoxydine and dermarolling
Location: Belgium
Age: 29
Contact:

Re: What's up with these amazing recoveries? e.g. Somebody

Post by Admin » 6 months ago

JasonStatham wrote:
6 months ago
Dude really? How can a person grow hair on a bald spot? It's simply not possible. He had a hair transplant besides the big 3 and Dermarolling. Its still impressive results and I don't know why he has to lie to us. He still could make a book and tell his story. But it's not possible to suddenly grow a lot of new hair when the follicles are fucking dead. His hair line was repaired probably in Turkey.

And how do you know his hair line is not transplanted work? From what evidence?
It can actually happen but only in those male to female transgenders cases. And even then, the recovery always stops at NW2.

There was one of those on HairlossTalk ten years ago (fuck I feel old :p): https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/t ... air.36659/

The before/after pictures aren't there anymore but that's her, him, whatever:

http://www.daniellehallett.com/gallerie ... hoto-shoot

That's his real hair, and he went from a nearly slick NW6 to a thick NW2, and then had a hair transplant to get back to NW1.

That aside, there's almost no documented case of such recovery without the person bombarding themselves with feminizing hormones, so I agree with you here.

My dad often joked about that especially after the results of my second hair transplant: "imagine now, you could just tell people that you recovered your hair through thanks to some special lotion and scam them!" The problem is that those people exist, and make no mistake, they lurk around hair loss forum, and it's very likely that this Somebody guy is one of them.

User avatar
JasonStatham
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 915
Joined: 10 months ago
Reputation: 2015
Norwood: NW3.5

Re: What's up with these amazing recoveries? e.g. Somebody

Post by JasonStatham » 6 months ago

Admin wrote:
6 months ago
It can actually happen but only in those male to female transgenders cases. And even then, the recovery always stops at NW2.

There was one of those on HairlossTalk ten years ago (fuck I feel old :p): https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/t ... air.36659/

The before/after pictures aren't there anymore but that's her, him, whatever:

http://www.daniellehallett.com/gallerie ... hoto-shoot

That's his real hair, and he went from a nearly slick NW6 to a thick NW2, and then had a hair transplant to get back to NW1.

That aside, there's almost no documented case of such recovery without the person bombarding themselves with feminizing hormones, so I agree with you here.

My dad often joked about that especially after the results of my second hair transplant: "imagine now, you could just tell people that you recovered your hair through thanks to some special lotion and scam them!" The problem is that those people exist, and make no mistake, they lurk around hair loss forum, and it's very likely that this Somebody guy is one of them.
Show me some studies not some transgender links. Everything I read about hair was crystal clear:

"you can't regrow hair when the follicles are dead (bald spots)"

User avatar
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1542
Joined: 10 months ago
Reputation: 3357
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: - 5% Minoxidil once a day and Adenosin shampoo
- Discontinued due to lack of results: Stemoxydine and dermarolling
Location: Belgium
Age: 29
Contact:

Re: What's up with these amazing recoveries? e.g. Somebody

Post by Admin » 6 months ago

JasonStatham wrote:
6 months ago
Show me some studies not some transgender links. Everything I read about hair was crystal clear:

"you can't regrow hair when the follicles are dead (bald spots)"
I'm afraid what you read is wrong, the follicles don't die.

You don't even need studies, there are dozen of cases up there, sometimes they've been bald for 10 years and yet the hair grows back. I saw many shows covering such cases on TV.

The follicles just miniaturize, then there is fibrosis involved and we don't know how to bring them back without growing boobs and losing one's cock.

Here's a study if you want: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5367483/

Here's another case on HairlossTalk:

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/t ... ens.90671/

Image

I thought it was common knowledge by now that the follicles never die and just go dormant. I thought I would address that point since you thought it was impossible. It is, if one is ready to make the a few sacrifices :twisted: .

User avatar
JasonStatham
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 915
Joined: 10 months ago
Reputation: 2015
Norwood: NW3.5

Re: What's up with these amazing recoveries? e.g. Somebody

Post by JasonStatham » 6 months ago

Admin wrote:
6 months ago
I'm afraid what you read is wrong, the follicles don't die.

You don't even need studies, there are dozen of cases up there, sometimes they've been bald for 10 years and yet the hair grows back. I saw many shows covering such cases on TV.

The follicles just miniaturize, then there is fibrosis involved and we don't know how to bring them back without growing boobs and losing one's cock.

Here's a study if you want: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5367483/

Here's another case on HairlossTalk:

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/t ... ens.90671/

Image

I thought it was common knowledge by now that the follicles never die and just go dormant. I thought I would address that point since you thought it was impossible. It is, if one is ready to make the a few sacrifices :twisted: .
Yeah, I didn't know that. But taking 50 different drugs isn't a solution either and with just a bit of Dermarolling, I stand behind that you can't have that good results. It's just insane.

User avatar
White Ferrari
Hair Loss Novice
Hair Loss Novice
Posts: 73
Joined: 10 months ago
Reputation: 180
Norwood: NW3.5

Re: What's up with these amazing recoveries? e.g. Somebody

Post by White Ferrari » 6 months ago

That Guy wrote:
6 months ago
Yes, he does. That is what dermarolling is.

It's not like you do it so hard you bleed. The Dhurat study just did it until the skin was lightly red. That's wounded, but not at level visible to the naked eye.

Admin is right, the more likely explanation at this point is that Somebody is a conman. It IS pretty suspicious that a guy who is such a rare success story after returning to HairLossTalk years later, with no photos of it growing back in (just all of his hair back at once) is all: "Hey guys, I got my hairback with dermaroller. Buy my book about it."
You are really gonna claim what he is doing is the same as the protocol in the Dhurat study?
Last edited by White Ferrari 6 months ago, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
kj6723
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Posts: 315
Joined: 10 months ago
Reputation: 711
Norwood: NW1.5
Regimen: Dutasteride .5mg daily, minoxidil 5% 1-2x daily, dermastamp 1.5mm weekly, nizoral 1% whenever

Re: What's up with these amazing recoveries? e.g. Somebody

Post by kj6723 » 6 months ago

I personally think it's unlikely Somebody is purposefully scamming hair loss sufferers

The fact almost all of us have at least experienced the bursting of those not quite vellus/not quite terminal hairs shows that it does do something for hair. I don't think it's out of the question that some person/people out there, even if they can be counted on one hand, respond to this treatment in a miraculous fashion

We also know Somebody was a good responder to finasteride and minoxidil prior to the rolling. If I'm remembering correctly he posted pics of his regrowth pre rolling and he had regrown a NW2. So regaining 1 more norwood doesn't seem like an impossibility over extended time on meds as his miniaturization continued to reverse....now the question is, was the rolling the deciding factor or not?

User avatar
Murkey Thumb
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Posts: 158
Joined: 10 months ago
Reputation: 305
Norwood: NW4

Re: What's up with these amazing recoveries? e.g. Somebody

Post by Murkey Thumb » 6 months ago

I did a similar routine over 12 years ago when I could still tolerate finasteride. I was using Dr Lees 15% minoxidil followed by 10% on a two week cycle and derma rolled every other day with a 0.5mm roller, weekly 1.5mm. I did it for 12 months and can report that it did result in much thicker hair but I didn't get any regrowth on the existing bald areas. The routine was too harsh to keep up for longer than 12 months, Dr Lee got banned by the FDA and I found out I had issues with finasteride anyway so I just went down to 5% foam.

My point is if you are a defuse thinner it will probably work very well but if above a Norwood 3 with bald areas it wont. Best guess is that the derma rolling/wounding helps with absorption of topicals and stimulates blood flow. I don't think that somebodys results a purely from his routine to me it looks like he has had his hair line rebuilt.

User avatar
Marki
Hair Loss Novice
Hair Loss Novice
Posts: 94
Joined: 10 months ago
Reputation: 109

Re: What's up with these amazing recoveries? e.g. Somebody

Post by Marki » 6 months ago

Admin wrote:
6 months ago
When you use all those proven treatments and have a hair transplant on top of it without starting off as a NW6, of course you're going to be saved.

In the meantime, I'm soon going to deplete my donor area after getting my last remaining ~1000 grafts on my crown and I'm going to be left with nothing on this earth that can get me more hair back.

Only half-assed band-aids like temporary SMP and using beard grafts will be available, but it's unlikely that I will go there. The only thing to do will be to patiently wait for new effective treatments, which will be much easier with an already decent head of hair.

Does it sound like that I'm suffering from hair greed? Funny how it works, these days I'm like "fuck there is a tiny spot where you can see my scalp under bright lights!" completely forgetting where I come from.

The gravity of my hair loss is such that if my hair loss had just been slightly less severe (or stopped at NW5), I would have been completely saved with current treatments. But my situation is rare, and when I see that guy's recovery in the link you posted, I can't help but think that the vast majority of hair loss sufferers today have all the tools they need at their disposal to cure themselves.
Lol hair greed is so true. It's like a body builder who got addicted to building more and more muscle. Other thing we tend to forget is we are getting
older by the minute and marching into mid life, yet we tend to hang onto the notion of our teenage hair when we look at the tools we have at our
disposal today. I'm guilty here, I admit.

User avatar
Marki
Hair Loss Novice
Hair Loss Novice
Posts: 94
Joined: 10 months ago
Reputation: 109

Re: What's up with these amazing recoveries? e.g. Somebody

Post by Marki » 6 months ago

Admin wrote:
6 months ago
Great point, I think that's a common occurence with people who think they've stumbled on gold and end up selling it. You see that they often genuinely believe their own BS, like that Danny Roddy guy for example, or the founder of the ImmortalHair forum.

Telogen effluvium is a thing and I heard about men I know experiencing it, they even had the audacity to tell me when I started losing my hair: "are you sure because I once lost a lot of hair because of stress and then it all grew back!"

Yeah 12 years after the beginning of my hair loss, I'm pretty sure my hair isn't growing back. We have to watch out for that kind of people, because some of them have been active on hair loss forums for like 15 years (there is one on hairlosshelp, I can't remember his name).

The guys have been dealing with a mature hair line since their mid-20's and have convinced themselves that the reason their NW1.5 has not worsened one bit in 15 years is because they jumped on finasteride soon enough.

When you truly suffer for genetic hair loss, you're not going to be saved forever by popping a pill once a day, having one hair transplant and certainly not by using an apple cider vinegar lotion or cutting out gluten and dairy from your diet.
"The guys have been dealing with a mature hair line since their mid-20's and have convinced themselves that the reason their NW1.5 has not worsened one bit in 15 years is because they jumped on finasteride soon enough."

Yes this is the great deception of hair loss products, or you go through a normal shed in a hair cycle and hair looks thinner, jump on meds and the hair appears to have stabilized and looks thicker - but it wasn't from the meds but your normal hair cycle.

User avatar
That Guy
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 773
Joined: 10 months ago
Reputation: 1837
Norwood: NW2.5

Re: What's up with these amazing recoveries? e.g. Somebody

Post by That Guy » 6 months ago

White Ferrari wrote:
6 months ago
You are really gonna claim what he is doing is the same as the protocol in the Dhurat study?
The protocol in the Dhurat study was simple.

They used a 1.5mm roller and rolled in all directions until the skin was a bit red. They then waited 24 hours before applying minoxidil and that was that.

User avatar
White Ferrari
Hair Loss Novice
Hair Loss Novice
Posts: 73
Joined: 10 months ago
Reputation: 180
Norwood: NW3.5

Re: What's up with these amazing recoveries? e.g. Somebody

Post by White Ferrari » 6 months ago

That Guy wrote:
6 months ago
The protocol in the Dhurat study was simple.

They used a 1.5mm roller and rolled in all directions until the skin was a bit red. They then waited 24 hours before applying minoxidil and that was that.
Simple indeed. Somebody is not doing that at all (not that his approach is complex either).

User avatar
rclark
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1006
Joined: 10 months ago
Reputation: 1080
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Finasteride 1 mg daily, Progesterone 2% (22mg daily), Minoxidil 15% hair growth only).
Using 1.5 mm needle on all bald/balding areas weekly.

Re: What's up with these amazing recoveries? e.g. Somebody

Post by rclark » 6 months ago

All the guys in the derma roll study were on both Finasteride and Minoxidil.

Also they were fairly young (relatively speaking, 25 - 35 guys compared to
a near fifty year old guy).

I definitely do see my island filling in though, and I think for people who only
take topical medications like myself, derma rolling is definitely the way to go.

Peole say the same thing about Minxodil, which is not a miracle cure by
any means.

They get negative about it, because it causes an "initial shed", and for some
men it won't do anything.

For people who wait it out though, Minoxidil can sometimes give good results.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests